8081 Georgia Ave
Entrance on Sligo Ave
Silver Spring, MD 20910Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.jackiesrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (301) 565-9700
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday & Monday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Adam Harvey
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: For information on having one of your events catered, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Party Facilities: Jackie's has a dedicated private event space called the Back Room, which holds up to 75. We also provide private dining options in the main dining room and in Sidebar, our craft cocktail bar next door. For information on having a private dinner or other function, please email email@example.com.
- Private Party Contact: Carolyn Crow 2025659700x
- Cross Street: Sligo Ave
- Public Transit: Silver Spring Metro station is .6 miles from our establishment (approximately a 12 minute walk). We are 6 blocks south of the metro on Georgia Avenue. Metrobus line 70 stops on Georgia and Sligo Avenue. Metrobus 79 (express) also runs on Georgia Avenue.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: There is metered street parking surrounding the building and a Montgomery County Parking Garage located directly across the street from our main entrance on Sligo Avenue. Parking is free on Saturdays and Sundays. (Limited street parking on Sunday brunch--please use garage parking.)
A word from Jackie's Restaurant
Jackie's is an independent American restaurant in downtown Silver Spring serving farm-to-table seasonal cuisine. Located in a converted warehouse, it offers a dramatic and award-winning interior design, food with a distinctively modern flair, and a critically recognized wine selection. Next door is Sidebar, considered one of the top craft cocktail bars in the region.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Jackie's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Silver Spring ›
Jackie's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
100 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (74)neighborhood gem (70)special occasion (32)good for groups (17)vibrant bar scene (14)hot spot (14)romantic (12)great for brunch (11)notable wine list (10)kid-friendly (5)great for lunch (4)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- fried chicken nighthappyeaterDined on 11/24/2014We have only been to Jackie's for the Monday night fried chicken, which is superb. The chicken is crispy on the outside and moist on the inside. The Yukon Gold potato salad is fabulous - just the right amount of mayonnaise and seasonings. The kale is tangy. The biscuits flakey and flavorful. The warm chocolate chip cookies are a perfect ending. Our server was attentive and friendly. We will definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was not very good, but teh service was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/19/2014My guest and I order Strip steak, it was tough and too fatty to eat, we were removing the fat from our mouth it was embarrassing! the Brussel sprout were So so will not go back..
- YummyCaroVIPDined on 11/19/2014We've been to Jackie's before. Love the different seasonal menu and decor. Friendly staff. Overall the food has never disappointed my husband and I.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great drinks and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/15/2014The cocktails were just right, and the bartender was very willing to create new ones for us. The bone marrow and truffle fries were delicious. I appreciated that the atmosphere feels casual, but the quality of dining is top notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 11/15/2014Being in the neighborhood, we've gone to Jackie's occasionally since it opened. We *really* like it since the new chef came on board. Definitely has stepped up a level. A serious place to eat but in a good way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent neigborhood restaurant, moderate pricesRichard21Dined on 11/15/2014I was very pleased to revisit Jackie's with my wife after an interval of four years. The charm of the place and the quality of the food is as good as ever, if not better. The serving staff are courteous and friendly. The wine list is moderately priced and offers a good range of choice and excellent value. Altogether, we will not leave it so long again before our next visit!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceSher11Dined on 11/8/2014My date and I enjoyed the atmosphere of the place. The service was really quick and friendly. The food was good but not a lot on the plate so we had to leave and get some more food somewhere else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- some delicious findskgeeDined on 11/2/2014We found a couple starters to be sublime - the smoked onion and the marrow bone appetizers were fantastic, and good portions to share. The entres were all good - chicken, pork and duck. Previously the duck had been too rare for my taste. This time I asked for medium well, and it came just the right amount of pink - and the other duck not specially requested to be more done was not too rare either. Service was a bit slow, perhaps believing we wanted to take our time more that we did, but attentive, friendly, and accommodating to a 3 year old who ran a bit.Special Features:
- DisappointIngMRG17VIPDined on 11/1/2014Setting is nice yet food was awful. Appetizers were average yet entrees were simply terrible. Waiter described the food with passion - unfortunately not with accuracy - or perhaps the chef and line cooks didn't hear the descriptions. We have been to Jackies many times through the years, with satisfaction. The last few visits have reflected a "trend of decline" - this was likely the last time. So sorry that the restuarant has gone to the depths - time for a remake, Jackie?Special Features:
- STP72VIPDined on 10/24/2014My first time in silver spring and I was pleasantly surprised. The cheese fries are awesome but def bar food. I was also hoping for at least a side of brown gravy a la my late night dinner days many moons ago. The duck was tasty with good flavor but a bit chewy. The short rib was also flavorful but more smoke on the gnocchi (and a few more of them) would have added to the overall impression. All that said I look forward to my next opportunity to try so.e other items on the menue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food can leave you hungrynanalexDined on 10/23/2014If you are really hungry, find out serving sizes...avoid things like scallops (3 scallops on a decorated plate!?)Special Features:
- It only gets better!HomerDined on 10/18/2014We have been to Jackie's a number of times. It has always been very good, but this was the best yet. Truly excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedIrnieVIPDined on 10/18/2014We had not been to Jackie's for about a year. The dinner menu had changed and the choices were limited. The prix fixed dinner available during the week confused us as weekend diners. The menu choices were limited. Two in our party had the young chicken. It tasted very salty and, even though not noted on the menu, it may have been "brined" as the wings on the bar menu. Jackie was there and her usual pleasant self when she stopped by the table.Special Features:
- Tasty and lovely itemslighteaterDined on 10/16/2014I enjoy a pretty plate, tasty but not too much. Jackie's satisfies!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent evening at Jackie'sdbj4uDined on 10/16/2014I'll be here whenever I'm close to Silver Spring. The food is first rate and it's quiet enough to have a conversation!Special Features:
- Monday Night Review ONLYNiff1010Dined on 10/13/2014My wife and I dined at Jackie's Monday night for the first time. When we arrived, we learned that the regular menu was not available on Mondays - only Fried Chicken. Prior to placing the order we were told that the fried chicken is made by the regular chef on Sundays and cooked (or reheated) Monday evening (giving the Chef a night off). We ordered one plate of the fried chicken with a side of ribs to share. While the ribs were OK, the chicken breast and thigh were cold in the middle and the leg was burning hot. The waiter replaced the two cold pieces. The chicken was barely edible (not "General Store" quality). On the way out, we noticed the kitchen preparing a delicious cheeseburger for Sidebar - I wish we had been offered that.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014enjoyed the family style fried chicken and bbq ribs, made for a nice Monday nightSpecial Features:
- Great & reliable dinner and eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/11/2014Whenever we dine here we always have well prepared, seasonal food with fine service. Never disappoints!Special Features:
- Still Good but PricierGoinbackDined on 10/10/2014I love Jackie's. Creative, great food. Hip atmosphere. I cannot get over the really high [and seemingly ever increasing] prices however. Both food & wines seem quite dear. Wish they had specials, and I would go more often that a TREAT. BSpecial Features:
- Jackie's BrunchMandMDined on 10/5/2014Went to brunch with out-of-town friend. Great food, right-sized portions, perfect service.Special Features:
- Go earlyDonNVIPDined on 10/4/2014Our recent visit after a movie was less than stellar. Not that the food wasn't superb, but the service was clearly "done" for the evening by 9 PM. Just a reminder, this is not Bethesda or U street. This part of Silver Spring closes earlier than you might expect. (Not to mention the Kitchen Bar, next door, that was jammin'. Maybe they just drink more in SS.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Silver Spring gemJimVDined on 10/3/2014After hearing about Jackie's for several years, we finally had a chance to try it. (We live almost an hour away.) We had a great meal - very high quality food, inventively prepared with very good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/29/2014We went to Jackies' for fried chicken night on Monday. The meal was served with the new format family style which was fine. I have always recommended Jackies' to friends for the fried chicken as it was the best "comfort " food in town. Instead of coming out golden brown it was almost black. We glanced into the open kitchen and saw all the chicken piled under a warming light the same color. The chicken use to be cooked to order in individual black iron skillets. It was not close to the taste and quality we remembered from prior multiple visits. The restaurant was almost empty and I am wondering if we are seeing the demise of a once very good and vibrant restaurant as the owner is busy with her other ventures.
- my new favorite restaurantmaxinetteVIPDined on 9/28/2014I've lived in the DC area for over 15 years and just learned about Jackie's a year ago. I have been to all of the fancy restaurants downtown and I have to say that Jackie's !rises to the top. It very well may be the best restaurant in the DC metro area.We went here for both our anniversary and my birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch at Jackie'sLawrenceDined on 9/28/2014We had a lovely family Sunday Brunch at Jackie's to celebrate my wife's birthday. We sat outside and while the environment is pretty urban, the seating is very comfortable and it was a lovely day. The service was VERY efficient and attentive and the menu choices were varied. Everything we tried was wonderful, from pancakes to biscuits with gravy. We also had dinner at Jackie's on Valentine's day, when they had a special menu for the occasion and it was really good then as well.Special Features:
- Fried ChickenBarryVIPDined on 9/22/2014If you are serving fried chicken and ONLY fried chicken you should make that VERY clear and should not take reservations. I invited 3 friends for what I thought was dinner and was very embarrassed.
- RediscoveredFoodieBritDined on 9/20/2014Hadn't been to Jackie's for a couple of years and am really glad we went again. A new chef came in a year ago and the menu is completely different. Chicken liver crostini, heirloom tomato salad, noodle and duck all fabulous. If you haven't been recently, definitely worth revisiting.Special Features:
- Shouldn't hsve stayed away so longbenew71VIPDined on 9/20/2014We stopped going to Jackie's a few years ago because the menu had gotten stale and the cooking mundane. Well, no more!! We'd heard there was a new chef a while ago but we just weren't motivated to give it another go. Finally, this Saturday we did, and we were wowed! Adventurous choices, exquisite preparations, great service and the same funky decor we always loved. Waugh beef was off the charts, as were the char, Brussels with olives and almonds, heirloom tomatoes with compressed watermelon and gazpacho foam, deconstructed Caesar salad and peach tart withe creme brule ice cream!! Great service, energy...and a terrific value! WOW!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but PriceyNoelleVIPDined on 9/19/2014Food was very good but you end up paying just a little too much for what you get. I'm happy to pay for a good entree but it better be well proportioned and delicious, rather than too little meat and too much vegetable for balance and just this side of salty. Again, very good, but would be better at $5-$10 cheaper per plate.Special Features:
- Nice evening!CNB1VIPDined on 9/19/2014Hadn't been to Jackie's in a while so decided to take an out of town guest for a special treat. As always, the food was good! I didn't like the new menu. It wasn't very informative. The server, however, knew it well, and we learned, for example "duck" was the breast and a little spicy; "wagu" was sirloin; "young chicken" was a split chicken pan roasted. I'd like the menu to be more informative. That said, the meal was impressive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IngridVIPDined on 9/17/2014This was a birthday treat for me and my daughter. The service was considerate and we were never left alone for very long. Everything was delectable and a pleasure but dessert was saved for home. Try it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TERRIBLE YOUNG INEXPERIENCE HOSTESSOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2014Arrive on time for my 8:30 reservation,was told it would be a 15 minute wait. After five minutes I notice there were a couple of tables for two free. I ask the young lady about them, she sharply reply it's not about the tables, but the kitchen. We left and will never come back. It seems to me instead of being rude to your customer, I would have sat them and explain that the kitchen was behind and that they are getting dishes out and catching up with the orders. May I get you a drink while you wait. That would have been better customer service. Instead you have me telling friends and co-workers not to go there.Special Features:
- Jackie's is back!EDReatsVIPDined on 9/5/2014After a long slow slide toward larger plates and "comfort food" Jackie's is back with small plates and deliciously layered flavors. We had more or less stopped going because the food was predictably good, more or less comfort food but not noteworthy. We shared an anchovy crisp appetizer (mixed reviews... I liked it a lot), a fresh tomato, watermelon and cheese salad with delicious flavoring surrounding, perfectly prepared grilled char, and perfect duck breast. We like the visually pleasing presentations a lot. It actually does add to the experience.Special Features:
- Amazing!youngluDined on 9/4/2014Jackie's is an amazing restaurant. The food was ridiculously tasty. The staff was attentive, kind and extremely prompt and knowledgeable. The decor was absolutely remarkable. I would definitely go back again and have been telling my friends about this gem in Silver Spring. Loved it!Special Features:
- Thoughtful menu, great experience328944Dined on 8/29/2014Having lived in Silver Spring for a little over a year, I finally got my chance to try out Jackie's for the first time on 8/29/14. The chef's tasting menu is a steal at $45. It was very thoughtful and cohesive throughout. Opted for cocktails instead of the wine pairing. Old fashioned and Sazerac were well-mixes. Service was friendly and unobtrusive. Will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingKianaVIPDined on 8/29/2014I had an amazing foodie experience! The menu speaks for itself! The service was awesome, the food was spectacular!Special Features:
- Made my dayFlocatelDined on 8/23/2014Had to find a place to propose to my girlfriend 'cos I was coming from outta town. The staff was very nice and helpful in making it a memorable day. The icing on the cake was the fact that the food was pretty awesome. Kudos guys. Jackies is really worth the hype.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodRitaTDined on 8/23/2014I hadn't been to Jackie's for many years and was delighted with my meal last Saturday night. My friend and I shared the bone marrow appetizer. Our entrees were the lamb belly and the cobia. All were delicious. My only complaint was the noise. I had asked in my reservation for a quiet table but was seated at a noisy table, although booths were available at the time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chef is settling inTampopoVIPDined on 8/19/2014It had been a while since our last visit so we decided to try them out while they were running their 50% off bottles of wine for Aug. They were also extending Restaurant Week, though I don't know that's a great deal since they have a regular prix fixe option. Had the lamb belly which was delicious, though a little small in portion size. Others had duck breast and halibut which were also both very good and portion sizes were more generous. Brussel sprout sides were really good. Also kids meal came with buttered brussel sprouts which contrasted with the menu version. A little heavy on salt, but chef is definitely settling in with flavor balance. Previously I was critical of him trying to do too much with too many flavors. No longer a prob.Special Features:
- much improvedMarthaNellDined on 8/16/2014We were very disappointed when we visited the "new Jackie's" back in the early spring and had not returned until Sat evening (having been a regular for years). We were disappointed earlier because we weren't seated in the area requested and the host was a little haughty, which we thought was silly. Sat evening was very different. The host who took our reservation request earlier in the afternoon made sure we were seated where we had asked, the food was significantly better (the new chef seems to have found his bearings), and our service was good overall. Matt made certain our drinks were perfect. We will start returning to one of our longtime favorite restaurants now.Special Features: