Jack Rose Dining Saloon
2007 18th St. NW
Washington, DC 20009Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Jack Rose Dining Saloon
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.jackrosediningsaloon.com/
- Phone: (202) 588-7388
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sun-Wed:5:00pm - 10:00pm Thurs-Sat: 5:00pm-11:00pm
Reservations are only accepted for full dinner service in our first floor dining room.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Russell P. Jones
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Cigar Room, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Reservations are only accepted for full dinner service in our first floor dining room.
- Entertainment: Reservations are only accepted for full dinner service in our first floor dining room.
- Special Events: Jack Rose Dining Saloon has several beautiful private and semi-private spaces that are perfect for your next private or corporate event. Our Balcony Room features its own private bar and balcony, as well as a wood burning fireplace, and can accommodate up to 20 guests for a seated dinner, or up to 40 for a reception. Our Open Aired Terrace can accommodate a reception of up to 170 guests. Looking for something a bit smaller? Our outdoor Tiki Bar is the perfect place for a festive reception of 25 guests. Need more space? Our downstairs Saloon can accommodate a group of up to 160 guests. A full restaurant buy-out is available and can accommodate up to 300 guests.
- Cross Street: Florida Ave. NW
- Public Transit: Metro Accessible via Red Line. Located between to Dupont Circle Metro and Adams Morgan/ Woodley Park. Bus Lines 42 and 90
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: The Park at Adams Morgan is a convenient parking garage located on the southern edge of Adams Morgan at 1711 Florida Ave., NW, one block east of the intersection of 18th Street and California Street.
Reservations are only excepted for full dinner service in our first floor dining room.
A word from Jack Rose Dining Saloon
At Jack Rose Dining Saloon one can experience over 1700 bottles of hand-selected scotches, bourbons & whiskey, uniquely hand-crafted cocktails, wines from around the world, and over 20 beers on draft. The cuisine boasts a contemporary narrative of classic American flavors. Our menu is sourced from the best purveyors of the east coast region bringing you the freshest meat, game, seafood and produce. At Jack Rose Dining Saloon, one can sense the ties and tributes between the region, and the long history of the spirits that line the shelves. Reservations are only excepted for full dinner service in our first floor dining room.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Jack Rose Dining Saloon - Best Restaurants in Adams Morgan ›
Jack Rose Dining Saloon reviews from OpenTable diners
57 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelEnergetic
vibrant bar scene (43)fit for foodies (27)neighborhood gem (25)hot spot (24)special occasion (23)good for groups (22)late-night find (8)romantic (5)scenic view (5)great for outdoor dining (4)great for brunch (2)notable wine list (2)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Amazing Ambience tied to Astounding SelectionsSklarVIPDined on 11/23/2014For single malt scotch lovers and this who enjoy bourbon and rye, there really is no other place that can offer this breadth of selection. The 45 page menu of offerings from virtually every major single malt distillery is beyond belief. The two story, tin-roofed main room with shelves and rolling ladders looks like a library with the best beverages available. And the food is also excellent, way beyond the bar-quality food you would expect. They have a speak-easy room below, and a more social bar above. Well worth the visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- scotch capitalmikeVIPDined on 11/21/2014Jack Rose has one of the largest selections of single malt whiskey's outside of Scotland and is probably larger than most that can be found there too. And, with an exceptionally knowledgable staff, navigating the otherwise daunting whiskey menu is feasible. A great place for a special occasion or whenever you just want to try something new!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 27/35JasMDDined on 11/21/2014THE Scotch bar for sure in the DC area. But how do they run out of 8 or so, mostly common, Scotches? And that's at 5 pm on a Friday night! That was the last thing I expected. Other than that, excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for WhiskeyFLBillyVIPDined on 11/16/2014The whiskey list is phenomenal, but the food menu is too limited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost but Not Quite thereJodiVIPDined on 11/10/2014We visited on a Monday night for dinner and to celebrate the Marine Corps Birthday. There were four of us and the food was dynamic and so tasty. The service however was abysmal from start to finish. The hostesses didn't seem to know that they worked there and that they needed to seat us. We had to actually ask which seemed to be the theme for the night. After waiting 10 minutes after our water was poured, we finally asked someone at the bar if we could order drinks. Of course, the person who delivered the drinks couldn't take our dinner order. It was the theme for the night. Will most likely look for a new whiskey joint but we are very sad that this place doesn't seem interested in service.Special Features:
- Incredible!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/5/2014Great service. Amazing food. Excellent whiskey service. Go. There. Now.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experience!!!Kimmy81VIPDined on 11/1/2014Jack Rose was so much fun! We had great food and service. The whiskey advisor came by our table and gave us a short tutorial on tasting, then put together a tasting for us. It was amazing! We started with an order of their fries which were delicious! We ordered the fish dish and steak dish and both were great! The whiskey cocktail list could be expanded but overall this is a fantastic restaurant! The service from everyone we encountered was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceBrunchLadyDined on 10/18/2014This was my first time at Jack Rose and it certainly impressed. Our service was fantastic and we enjoyed a leisurely course through several whiskey tastings and food courses. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Walls of whiskey!ZimmermelDined on 10/17/2014What a GREAT place! Love it! Elaine, our server, was fantastic, the food delicious, and the drink list AMAZING. Walls filled with the best bourbons, whiskeys, scotches. Fun open air upstairs too - can smoke cigars! Only downside I entire eve was lack of service inside upstairs bar...but tiki bartender came through. Will def return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, wonderful Staffsmf4everDined on 10/17/2014The food was unique and each prepared with care and class. The staff were all attentive and upbeat at all times. The selection of Whiskeys is worth the trip alone, but after eating in their dining area.. Do yourself a favor and show up hungry!Special Features:
- Good stuff!pbindcDined on 10/11/2014Perfect cocktails with knowledgeable staff to help you get to the right ones. Interesting apps - went with shrimp hush puppies and did not regret it. Loved the perfectly-cooked Amish chicken...and I have had my share having grown up in Lancaster PA. First time that I tried chanterelles (wife's pasta), which are my new favorite mushroom.
- Great Scot(ch)OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/9/2014Excellent time with 5 colleagues. Something for everyone and we all enjoyed food, atmosphere, and hospitality. Chris, the whiskey advisor, was excellent and great to talk with and learn from.Special Features:
- Incredible nightLoudounFoodieDined on 10/4/2014For an anniversary dinner, I took my fiancee here and was delighted. TheSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wall of scotch, whiskey, & bourbongvmartinezDined on 9/20/2014Great place if you love scotch, whiskey,or bourbon. Great vibe, above average service, 3 different venues in one location. The only downside is the food. It's obvious that the food is second to their extensive collection of scotch ... it would just be nice if it was on par. Would definitely go again for drinks ... you could spend a lifetime trying to taste all they offer!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/20/2014Great Whiskey selection, waitress was very knowledgeable on product. Food was OK, orders were brought out separately, and some missing items not brought out for over 20 min. Noise level was insane, we had to scream to hear each other, not a good dining experience. I would go back and would recommend...with caveats.Special Features:
- Love this place!discerningreviewerDined on 9/12/2014The food, atmosphere, and massive selection of bourbons and whiskeys have sold me! I had a fish entree that was so good, I didn't want to share with anyone (I didn't tell anyone in my party how good it was until after I was done). The rooftop terrace was amazing on a beautiful night. We'll definitely be regular customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scotch Selection OustandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014We went to this place on the recommendation of a liquor store owner who said the Scotch selection was amazing. Well he was absolutely correct. Amazing is probably not good enough to describe the awesome selection of single malt Scotch. While the food was very good, we really went for the Scotch and were not disappointed. Would go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ..the way to the next whiskey barhappybelly1Dined on 8/30/2014Oh my. Great recommendation from friends in DC. Walls and walls of fine whiskey, accessed by library ladders. Food: Excellent and something for everyone. Wait staff Lane was great. She provided fine service to us and is a credit to her employers. Icing on the cake was a chat with Harvey, our host. Can't beat this bistro.Special Features:
- Southern InfluencecatchingupDined on 8/29/2014With over 1500 bottles of whisky/Bourbon there is not shortage of choices to drink, and the food had a southern influence that was fit for a foodie.Special Features:
- Too Noisy!!Foodie4LifeVIPDined on 8/21/2014I dined with one of my friends last week. We had to basically shout over the two person table! The layout is best for a vibrant bar scene but definitely not a quiet dinner. The food was good but the menu does not have a large variety of choices. Service was great and staff are attentive.Special Features:
- ImpressiveWinning25VIPDined on 8/19/2014I have been to Jack Rose several times and each time it has been a fantastic dining experience. From the attentive and friendly wait staff, to the bourbon master that brings your bourbon to your table, and finally the amazing food - this is a must dine experience. The restaurant features nice ambiance in their main dining area and also features an upstairs rooftop bar for apps and drinks.Special Features:
- Who knew there were so many...erikeguardDined on 8/14/2014Scotches, Whiskeys, Bourbons, Ryes, etc...over 1500. Being new to those drinks I ventured out of my comfort zone and tried a tasting flight. The Scotch-sommelier came over and helped put together a tasting for newbie like me based on the flavor profiles I enjoy. Quite the experience and I found an appreciation for that barley liquor. The restaurant is great, love the booths, the brick exposed shelving hosting the array of liquors. And the food was really enjoyable, don't forget to order the cornbread with the bacon jam. Yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Holy Whiskey, Batman.LoopDined on 8/14/2014The most whiskeys in the Western hemisphere or so they claim. After looking at their list, I don't doubt it. Nahim Simon does a wonderful job beverage directing. The menu is relatively concise but very thoughtfully executed. Service was just OK. My father and I had a great time on our most recent visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Whisky forever!RickVIPDined on 8/12/2014The food menu here is somewhat limited, although what I had (roast chicken) was excellent. But the selection of Scotch and other whiskies by far exceeds anything else I've ever seen, in Scotland or anywhere else. If you like Scotch, Bourbon, or any other kind of whisky, this is the place. Service was outstanding!Special Features:
- Great meal - missed the terraceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/8/2014Had a great meal in the dining room. would have really preferred the terrace but i couldnt bring my 19 year old daughter up with me on a friday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food matches the spiritsCuriousCarnivoreVIPDined on 8/6/2014Great to see the food catch up with the selection of fine spirits. If you are a whisky fan, this is the place to be, although it can become an expensive evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- epic for drinksMarkVIPDined on 8/1/2014One sign that you are in a place that knows its way around booze: 2,000 bottles lining the walls of the downstairs dining room. Jack Rose is mostly known as a bar, but the food shouldn't be overlooked. On a recent visit my group of 3 shared a variety of apps with 2 of us ordering cocktails and the other ordering wine. The food was well-prepared with a certain creative flair. Each of the 3 bars in the house offers different cocktails. You can go with standard bar booze or easily find something that will cost several hundred dollars for a taste. The bartenders take their business seriously but are also friendly (as they should be). The upstairs bars are energetic and allow cigar smoking.Special Features:
- A little disappointing...HS61Dined on 7/30/2014We were promptly ushered to a booth upon arrival and allowed to settle. The server welcomed us in what seemed to be an appropriate time. Great choice of beer and interesting menu. After placing our orders, the food came within what seemed to be an appropriate interval. The green tomato gazpacho was excellent. However, the rest was disappointing. Corn bread was nicely presented in a cast iron skillet, but was too sweet, and the butter (or blend?) was too salty.The two did not go well together.Fried oysters were fresh but batter was tasteless. The bed of sauce was too sweet and not complementary. The shrimp cocktail was fresh, but you can't mess that up! So all in all, if it weren't for the lovely service and soup, not worth returning to.Special Features:
- The following 202 reviews are from the Jack Rose Dining Saloon reviews archive.
- First time, great timeClevelandparkguruVIPDined on 7/26/2014This is the place if you enjoy varying your cocktail and enjoying the whole bourbon experience. Excellent folks explaining it all. Food was really good with great sides to compliment dinner. A Must as I will be Back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingDinnerandDrinksGirlDined on 7/25/2014The drinks were creative and unique for this area. The food was truly amazing. Southern cook with great recipes you don't see in DC often. Very much enjoyed the whisky list and ability to try anything I could think of.Special Features:
- Great night out!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014The service was the best we've had in years. The rooftop bar was great, definitely will go back!Special Features:
- Whiskey Galore!ToddinDCVIPDined on 7/10/2014This is a great place to enjoy whiskey, and every possible whiskey you could imagine. Our waitress was very knowledgable and helped us navigate the vast menu. As a result, I tried new whiskey I would normally not consider! This is a great place to relax and enjoy your evening.Special Features:
- Great food, too loud to converse.CsnativeDined on 7/9/2014My wife and I enjoyed Ribeye and a great chocolate desert, but we could hear each other during dinner. We couldn't wait to leave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bourbon, scotch, whiskey, and beerKyBeDined on 7/5/2014Dining room is a spectacle of bottles! The vibe is rustic and well-worn, like a toasted barrel of any of the spirits they serve. Impressive beer list too. Food was tasty and interesting - experiment with the small plates and sides over the entrees. Pecan pie was eh. Knowledgeable and friendly staff, great atmosphere for evening with friends. Roof bar was an ideal start on a warm night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Selectionddhmi88Dined on 7/5/2014Was traveling around DC for the fourth, and had found this place on a "Best Whiskey Bars in the US" list. I have a great fondness of whiskey and was quite eager to visit. My girlfriend and I made an early reservation, and enjoyed the ambiance of the restaurant when it was pretty empty. The wait staff was great, but the real service came from the Chris the Whiskey Advisor. His comprehensive knowledge and enthusiasm was impressive, along with his ability to communicate made for a delightful experience. I'd certainly recommend this establishment to anyone with an appreciation for Scotch and Whiskey and amazing food.Special Features:
- A great find.RocketsGuyVIPDined on 7/4/2014Apart from the restaurant running out of its featured entrée, which we wanted to order, our experience was top-notch. Bourbon selection was phenomenal, as was the "bourbon advisor". Food was quite good; the new chef is doing great things. The Asst. GM is also doing a great job pulling the entire restaurant/experience together. We will certainly go back.Special Features:
- Not just for Whiskey loversOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/27/2014While they boast a collection of whiskey and scotch that is out of this world, I drank a lovely white wine and had a fabulous piece of fish. My scotch loving friends from out of town absolutely adored this place. Other than our waitress asking us every 60 seconds if we were ready to order, we had a great evening and enjoyed the food very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorite places in DC!acoffingVIPDined on 6/27/2014Gracious service from every person on staff: the hostesses, to our fantastic server Nafis, to the gentleman bartender up in the corner Tiki bar, to Trevor and Justin in Dram & Green. Special mention to Nafis. I have met very few servers who are as passionate and knowledgable as he is, but still maintains a friendly and professional demeanor. Each of the dishes we ordered from start to finish were delectable and memorable. The rooftop bar is casual, but the service is as upscale as it is downstairs. The speakeasy is roomier than most I've been to, and the drinks are strong. And although there is a time limit, we never felt rushed. The overall ambiance of the establishment is cool without trying too hard. I cannot wait to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ScotchMike28aVIPDined on 6/12/2014Scotch, Scotch, Scotch, Scotch. Bourbon. Rye. The food is a nice companion to the spirits at Jack Rose. The room is lively and the bottles lining the walls tell you all that you really need to know. Go to Jack Rose to learn about Scotch and other national whiskys.Special Features:
- mcasDined on 6/9/2014We enjoyed a Monday girls night out. Food was very good. Nice atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.