Jack Rabbit Moon - Incline Village
893 Tahoe Boulevard
Incline Village, NV 89451Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Jack Rabbit Moon - Incline Village
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.jackrabbitmoon.com/
- Phone: 7758333900
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday -Thursday: 5:30 pm - 9:30 pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:30 pm - 10 pm; Sunday: 5:30 pm - 9:30 pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Amy Simpson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Jack Rabbit Moon - Incline Village
Serving contemporary cuisine from scratch. Cocktails and a world of win in a beautiful, modern setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Jack Rabbit Moon - Incline Village - Best Restaurants in Incline Village ›
Jack Rabbit Moon - Incline Village reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (20)neighborhood gem (15)notable wine list (12)special occasion (11)great for outdoor dining (8)romantic (6)hot spot (5)vibrant bar scene (2)good for groups (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- A real gem!TulipDined on 9/16/2014Found JRM thru karma. Intimate dining room tastefully decorated. Wait staff veryprofessional, outgoing. She reached out to connect to the group. The chef/owner made a point of coming out to speak to each table about their meals and dining experience. She and the staff clearly take pride in making much on site but know when not to "re-invent the wheel" and selectively serve foods made by others who are the best in their field, eg their breads. A nearby gourmet couple said JRM is one of the best restaurants in northern Tahoe. The green curry mussels were superb, crab with homemade pasta delicious and steak dinner with potato wedges a winner. Jack Rabbit Moon is now on our annual Tahoe " must go to" listSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingFamilyWkendDined on 9/5/2014This restaurant has been our go to when we do our Annual Girls Weekend in Tahoe, and we have been here the last 3 years and it has never let us down, the food is amazing and it's never the same every year, hats off to a great Chef. The service has always been outstanding, the staff really know their menu and have always been enjoyable and knowledgeable. It is definitely a restaurant we will return too.Special Features:
- Best place in Tahoe!RustyccVIPDined on 9/2/2014This is the absolute best restaurant in ALL of Tahoe...hands down! The food is amazing and the service (Megan) is phenomenal!Special Features:
- New find at InclineOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/26/2014Great find ! Service & food was awesome! Make reservations. Small intimate dining. We will be back next year!Special Features:
- Expected a little moreRaderRogDined on 8/12/2014Very small, cramped footprint, so get used to listening to the conversations around you. Food was good, but portions were very small, and I went home hungry. I also think they were under-staffed, because our waitress was working a lot of tables.Special Features:
- Great food, ambience just OKGregVIPDined on 8/8/2014We were vacationing and selected Jack Rabbit Moon because of the high reviews of others. It is located in a business district, and the restaurant shares the restrooms of the office building. The place is rather small, and we saw only one waitress serving the entire restaurant. She was very attentive and the food was excellent, but, also pricey. We were disappointed the restaurant did not offer a Gluten Free menu (most top restaurants do these days), but, the waitress was helpful in telling us what we could order on the menu that was GF.
- AnonymousDined on 7/26/2014Best food in Incline Village. Don't be deterred by the location.Special Features:
- Awesome!FoodDined on 7/25/2014Fantastic food, service, drinks and overall feel. Lives the cinnamon sugar donuts!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gifted Chef!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/1/2014We had a fabulous meal here in late June. Can't wait to get back!!Special Features:
- Jack Rabbit MoonColleenDined on 7/1/2014This was our first time at Jack Rabbit Moon and what a delightful surprise. It's a small restaurant, with a contemporary ambiance, nice wine list and a very knowledgeable and friendly wait staff. Although the outdoor dining area overlooks a parking lot, the landscaping around the patio is a nice distraction. The best part is the food.....it was absolutely delicious. In fact, it was so good, we went back two days later and will make it a usual stop when we're in Tahoe. The lobster tamale with Thai Curry sauce and the Grilled filet mignon with rosemary infused corn were beautifully prepared.Special Features:
- Our Incline favorite!BRH1VIPDined on 6/26/2014We have several restaurants we always go to in Incline when we're visiting. Friends told us we had to give this restaurant a try. Ever since then, it has become our number one Incline restaurant. The service is simply extraordinary. Our waiter was knowledgeable, witty and fun. This past trip we had him two nights in a row and he helped make these some of the best meals we've had anywhere this year. The food was excellent. Everything was delicious. We were with our daughter and son-in-law the first night and everyone raved about their food. When on a trip, we generally do not go to the same restaurant twice. Not this time. We made another reservation on the spot and we're so glad we did. The 2nd night was as terrific as the first.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 44 reviews are from the Jack Rabbit Moon - Incline Village reviews archive.
- Best Eats in InclinejmerwinVIPDined on 6/12/2014Based on Yelp reviews we gave this neighborhood bistro a try and were amazed at the quality - soft shell crab not being served, they didn't like how they looked. Substituted with delicately battered calamari and shrimp, delicious. Salmon beautifully presented and perfectly cooked, sweetbreads crisp on the outside and delicate on the inside. Ice cream cookie sandwich (peanut butter), rich & flavorful. Diverse menu and nothing disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening of diningKarenDined on 6/10/2014We were first to be seated in this cozy restaurant, and had opportunity to chat with Amy, the owner/chef, before ordering. It was obvious she a passion for food preparation. Megan, our server, helped us select dishes to split--we were thrilled with the result--the arancini with pea pesto provided a great start. This was followed by baked stuffed artichoke with olive tapenade and arugula and frisée salad. They provided a delightful combination of tastes. All ingredients were fresh and the portions generous. David, their mixologist, fixed us a gin drinks with port and lemon juice--quite unique and very refreshing. For our main course we had grilled lamb loin over vegetable couscous with Harissa and cucumber yogurt (yum!).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wine bar with small menulaboyDined on 6/6/2014This was a quaint, clean, well-decorated wine bar with a small menu of about 4 starter items, 4 main dishes to choose from and some desserts. The dishes were tasty, but the wine selection seems to be their forte.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite in Incline VillageSJSandraVIPDined on 5/30/2014Jack Rabbit Moon is one of those rare restaurants whose menu is inspired by a wonderful chef who uses local produce and makes unique, delicious creations. Always lots of suprises on the seasonal menu. It is a small restaurant with an extremely friendly, efficient staff. Many locals are frequent diners and are greeted with sincere warmth, which adds to the ambience. We always dine there when in the area. Reservations are a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome !DeeeeeeDined on 5/28/2014Always great, the Owner Chef Amy is so talented, always a great meal. The staff is super nice & friendly. A popular spot in Incline Village, NV.Special Features:
- The food, the service, andOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/11/2014The food, the service, and ambience was good - however the steep prices will not make this person a repeat diner. There are too many good restaurants in Incline Village that have a better price point.Special Features:
- Great food and atmosphereRRobDined on 3/11/2014We ate at this fabulous restaurant with another family. The level of service was exemplary and the friendliness of our waitress made our dinner that much better. I wish that I could recall her name, but she also works at one of the neighboring ski resorts. This was our second visit to this restaurant and the quality of the food did not disappoint. I would highly recommend it to anyone visiting the area.Special Features:
- cute cozy spoteclaire523Dined on 3/1/2014My boyfriend and I had dinner here and really enjoyed ourselves. The restaurant is very small with only about 5 tables and 3 high top bar tables. The fritto misto was outstanding and the service was extremely attentive and friendly. Very intimate spot, so probably not ideal for a first date.Special Features:
- DeliciousBethRNorCalVIPDined on 2/18/2014We enjoyed a great "adult only" dinner during our ski week to Tahoe. I picked Jack Rabbit Moon based solely on reviews I found online and we were lucky to get a table. We had the calamari fritte which was excellent and crisp -- even included some very thinly sliced fritte lemon slices. I loved the addition of rock shrimp to the plate. I had the pasta special which was arugula, sausage and housemade noodles. It was perfect. We had the creme brulee for dessert. The service was great -- the house was quiet which makes for a lovely evening...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good!MumkatVIPDined on 1/7/2014We always totally enjoy JRM,,,from the creativity of the menu & food to the friendliness of the staff. A true gem in the heart of Incline Village.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- December Full moon at Jack Rabbit..OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/17/2013We had a fantantic meal! The ambiance was lovely and the service was amazing..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like dining at your friend'sGTHJrVIPDined on 10/22/2013Like dining at your friend's house, if your friend is a world-class chef. A cozy, unassuming, friendly place with amazing food. Beautifully prepared and delicious. Menu is not large, but it is varied and everything we ordered was as good as we have found anywhere. If you are in the North Tahoe area (even if you're in the South Tahoe area), you must go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow Season?DrBinSacDined on 10/22/2013Food was OK, Lighting was very dark. Service was OK. My guess is it was an off night.Special Features:
- ImpressedSuicidekittyVIPDined on 10/12/2013My hubby and I are Bay Area foodies and it's a rare find to seek out a restaurant that is of the same caliberas some of the few hot spots in the Bay Area. Jack Rabbit Moon impressed us with their service and excellent dishes. Hubby started off with pork beef pistachio eatables that were quite amazing. Our entrees were the filet minon and swordfish. The filet was cooked to a perfect medium and the juiciness and tenderness couldn't have been more perfect. The swordfish had just the right amount of spices and also cooked perfect. I love that there is a limited amount of food selection and not bombarded with 10 different entrees like most restaurants. Highly recommend this to my foodie friends in the Bay Area. It is one restaurant not to miss!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great meal at Jack RabbitInclineLocalDined on 10/5/2013The team at Jack Rabbit never disappoints. I write this with mixed feelings as the more these guys get discovered the harder it is to get in!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jack Rabbit MoonBillKVIPDined on 10/1/2013Jack Rabbit Moon is actually better than its high reputation; it is the rare place where the food is BOTH interesting and, much more importantly, really, really delicious. Add friendly unpretentious service, where the staff seems eager for you to like the tastes, textures and experience, and you have a sure fire winner. A great spot to bring your guests with confidence that it will be a fun evening, whether they are Pacific Heights foodies or cranky in-laws from Alabama.Special Features:
- Very small place but goodBiscuitDined on 10/1/2013Very small place but good food and nice wine list. My husband loved the doughnut holes for dessert.Special Features:
- Outstanding After All These YearsDougDined on 9/25/2013This restaurant is a gem. Food, service, presentation - top drawer.Special Features:
- Simply the BestThomVIPDined on 9/22/2013As always, Jack Rabbit Moon has once again proved to be the best restaurant in Incline Village if not the best restaurant on the north shore of Lake Tahoe. I try to arrange my visits to Tahoe from San Francisco to coincide with a reservation at this wonderful restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tahoe DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/12/2013The food, service and music ( older Miles Davis) was great. We went in the middle of the week and it seemed like many locals ate there. I don't enjoy loud noisy places where it's difficult to talk and this restaurant is not that way at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- small place really great foodLasVegasLennyVIPDined on 8/28/2013August, 2013. We were in South Lake Tahoe for a conference. I read a review of Jack Rabbit room and booked a table for myself and my wife. The place is across from a Starbucks and looks like a small bar with a few tables. Even though half empty no tables were set and we opted to sit at the bar. The food was execellent. I had the gazpacho (half red chile and half green chile) and the enchiladas (note: this NOT a Mexican restaurant). Both were wonderful. My wife said it was the best enchilada (creamiest cheese sause) she ever had. Topped if off with cinnamon dusted donut holes with chocolate sauce. Everything was top notvh and the service friendly but unobtrusive, Good wines by the glass as well as cocktails. I'll be back during ski season.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food!LuvwininganddiningDined on 8/24/2013We went vegan, and though there wasn't a lot of options - they made the best pasta ever! A real treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ordered Rack of Lamb--medium-rarepicklerVIPDined on 8/17/2013Ordered Rack of Lamb--medium-rare (a little more towards the rare). 2 chops came (2 bones in total) ...Absolutely TOUGH and un-eatable. Told the waitress that and she stood their dumbfounded and had no clue (looked clueless) what to do. Finally she took it back. We ate our salads which were just OK. Our friends's meal was OK and ---nothing special for pasta
- Great diningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/14/2013My friend and I had a wonderful dinner experience at Jack Rabbit Moon. Our server was beyond excellent. I believe her name is Megan. I would highly recommend this restaurant for the food selections. there were several entree items that I could have selected. I chose the enchiladas, outstanding!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic MealMaverick9195Dined on 8/11/2013I brought my kids which I don't recommend (too nice for kids). Service was great, loved the ambiance. All three meals were delicious, even the kids are still raving about the food. We had the enchiladas, steak and pasta special. And delicious asparagus tempura. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food the halibut cevicheOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/2/2013Amazing food the halibut ceviche to homemade pasta best food in inclineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent place for a night outOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 8/1/2013Fantastic food. Would go back over and over again!Special Features:
- Loved the cold cucumber buttermilk/BunnybunDined on 7/26/2013Loved the cold cucumber buttermilk/ gazpacho soup. Salmon was cooked perfectly. Service by Megan was perfect. Had New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc which makes us happy:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is the second time I'veChuckleDined on 7/19/2013This is the second time I've eaten at this restaurant - the first being 7/12 - and the food and service were outstanding both times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.