Jack Halyards American Bar & Grill
62 South Street
Oyster Bay, NY 11771Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Jack Halyards American Bar & Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.jackhalyards.com/
- Phone: 5169222999
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: David Glatzerman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, BYO Liquor, Cafe, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Jack Halyards will custom design the perfect party for your every occasion. Call the restaurant for details (516) 922-2999.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer top-notch catering services for corporate functions, weddings, bridal showers, communions, and any other special occasion under the sun. Each catering menu is completely customized to accommodate your particular event. Our state of the art audio visual set up is awaiting your commands.
- Private Party Contact: Bernie DelBello 5169222999
- Entertainment: Jack Halyards is known as a great venue for Live Music. Tuesday Night Mike Dorio hosts an Open Microphone 9-12 Pm. You just never know who is going to show up and surprise the crowd. Live music can also be heard Friday & Sat nights.
A word from Jack Halyards American Bar & Grill
Dine in comfort and luxury when you pay a visit to Jack Halyards American Bar & Grill, the Oyster Bay region's favorite seaside restaurant and grill. We have provided the Long Island community with a truly unique dining experience in a comfortable and family-friendly environment. Whether you visit us for lunch, dinner, cocktails or request our local catering services, we are always here to satisfy your craving for fresh, tasty dishes you have never tasted before.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Jack Halyards American Bar & Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
22 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (14)vibrant bar scene (11)fit for foodies (9)good for groups (7)special occasion (5)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (3)hot spot (3)romantic (2)late-night find (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- ExcellentExcellentVIPDined on 10/11/2014Brought some friends who had never been there previously. Everyone enjoyed the food/drinks/desserts. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- LaureenDined on 8/14/2014Lively and fun location on a Thursday evening in Oyster Bay. Seemed to be mostly locals / regulars having a good time. Food was good and service was excellent. Nice evening, will return.Special Features:
- GREAT CUISINE COMFORTABLE AMBIENCEVILLAGEREPORTDined on 8/10/2014ENTREES AND WINE - THAT'S ALL WE HAD. IT WAS EXCELLENT FOR PRESENTATION AND TASTE. WINE LIST HAD RELIABLE STANDARDS AS WELL AS NOT-SO-COMMON OFFERINGS. WE ENJOYED THE DRY WHITE VIOGNIER !! THE AMBIANCE IS COMFORTABLE FOR OUR PARTY OF 4, BUT EQUALLY FINE FOR 2 OR A MUCH LARGER PARTY.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OBGemVIPDined on 8/8/2014As always, the food was excellent. However, on this visit the restaurant was packed and the kitchen was totally overwhelmed with orders, so getting an entree took an overly long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unfortunateOBfoodiesDined on 8/7/2014Very dissapointed with the quality of the food. This is the second time are family has dined at Jack Halyards, now I remember why we only went once.
- service was terribleFoodLoverDined on 8/6/2014Busy night all tables were full and they only had two waitress working. You could die of thirst and they would not notice. Food was smothered in garlic and butter. Would never yo back, over priced terrible food.
- Great night outtastytimesDined on 7/26/2014I have been to JH many times as a music goer on Tuesday nights. We love the open mic night experience. My friends/family and I also started to have dinner and I have to say that the food is great, good wine, and friendly service. I will be making dinner a regular on my list. Nice job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved Jack Halyards!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2014We arrived by boat to the marina, and Jack Halyards American Grill was a close walk. The food was fantastic and there is a large variety. We LOVED the tuna tartar nachos. Others in my party said the fish and chips were outstanding. I had the tuna special that was fantastic. On our next boating outing to oyster bay, we will definitely visit Jack Halyards.Special Features:
- Fabulous dinner with friends!LastMateVIPDined on 7/17/2014Jack Halyards is always terrific! We love to enjoy the wonderful food with friends whether we travel by car or by boat and never tried anything we didn't enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/10/2014Wanting to try a new place for dinner I found this one. It did not disappoint. Although the special that the waitress mentioned was not available after we ordered it, we were given a choice of fish to substitute in on the same dish. A very nice compromise and the meal was still fantastic!! The beet salad and calamari apps were great too. Definitely a place to return to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a 4th of July blast!PeaceEatsVIPDined on 7/4/2014Enjoyed a great dinner at this establishment once again. Started things off with a couple of well mixed drinks while waiting for food to be served. Beach roll was simply delicious and flatbread chicken special was equally tasty. Service was excellent and very quick. Check this place out and give it a try if you've never been here before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 170 reviews are from the Jack Halyards American Bar & Grill reviews archive.
- consistently perfectSueCVIPDined on 6/28/2014We love everything about this place. The servers are so friendly...food is amazing...nice atmosphere. We come here as often as we can!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AvoidJoeykidDined on 6/27/2014Place is dirty. Walls, carpet, table, menu , and bathroom. My swordfish dinner was not edible. Fish must have been frozen twice. Also I thought spinach and quinoa sounded healthy but were drenched in butter. They didn't care that I couldn't eat it. Still charged me $26 for it. This is not a restaurant for anyone that appreciates good or fine dining.
- Food Quality: terribleMcDonaldsDined on 6/18/2014This is not the best quality for the food's price. Although the noise was minimal, and the service was semi fast, the food was not the best experience. With burnt meat, and pure fat meals, this is not the best choice considering its area. The spaghetti was filled with butter and oil, and had no flavor whatsoever.Special Features:
- Nice Seafood RestaurantSeafood123Dined on 6/15/2014I went with my parents for Father's Day. Everyone was friendly and the food was absolutely delicious and reasonably priced. The Blue Long Island drink I requested was made perfectly, they didn't skimp on the alcohol. The only mild issue, perhaps it is their style to not be around too much so diners can enjoy time alone, but I would have preferred a bit more occasional presence of our waitress. Aside from that, my family and I plan to patronize this restaurant in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Causal , with great fooddinex2VIPDined on 6/7/2014Consistently better than good meals with service to match.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always wonderful!LastMateVIPDined on 6/6/2014We are big fans of Jack Halyards, and this visit included a special with roasted scallops and crab over pasta that my husband enjoyed immensely after his favorite local raw oysters. I had the tuna tataki appetizer, always delicious, and a double crunchy spicy tuna roll. From steak to sushi, Jack Halyards has it all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RecommendedDm2013Dined on 5/31/2014Creative menu .... halibut with lobster risotto was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE this place!SueCVIPDined on 5/21/2014This restaurant gets better and better each time I come. My friend thinks they have one of the best burgers he has ever eaten...a real rave. The lobster mashed potatoes were OUTRAGEOUS! My chicken was cooked exactly the way I requested. Service is always professional and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but won't be backBethDined on 5/17/2014The food was very good. However we were very disappointed that the menu did not match what was on line. The whole "simply grilled" portion was eliminated that day per the waiter. I also feel the prices were too high with the lack of ambiance in this restaurant. However the food was very good.Special Features:
- DottieDined on 5/16/2014The service was great and food was delicious. Had live music. Great casual find. Definitely will be back again.
- UnnecessaryRudenessrespectyourcustomersDined on 5/15/2014Never even got out of my car. Pulled into the parking lot and was told I could not park in their lot because they were having an event for a local group. Not fond of being chased out of an establishment's parking lot when I had a reservation. No offer was given as to where I might park - just that I could not use their lot. Went to Angelina's in East Norwich and had an absolutely marvelous dinner and wonderful experience. Don't plan of even attempting Jack Halyards ever again.
- Great hometown restaurantAngelvoiceDined on 5/9/2014Jack halyards has an amazing chef! Good food is the best testament to a great restaurant and the most important. Ambiance is wonderful here- warm, inviting, friendly. All the staff is very competent and super nice to the customers! They make your visit memorable and have you coming back again and again. Weekend e endings are so nice-live entertainment is a definite asset to add to an already enjoyable visit. By far our favorite place to go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemSignNDineVIPDined on 5/7/2014This is truly one of the better restaurants on the north shore. The menu is diverse with many interesting dishes. The wait staff is well trained and very pleasant. We always enjoy dining at Jack'sSpecial Features:
- Thumbs UPcigar1Dined on 5/1/2014If I had more than 2 thumbs I'd use them. Spinach avocado dip to savor. Ribs juicy tender and enough to bag ssome. Oyster Bay amber-2 fers what's not to like?=NOTHING, John the server was attentive but never hovering even tho single diners usually get rushed.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/26/2014Very enjoyable dinner. We were glad to be seated away from the bar. The dining room we were in was quiet and relaxing. Closer to the bar with live music, it would have been far too loud for conversation and not nearly as pleasant. It really depends on what you are looking for and the mood you are in. We will definitely go to Jack Halyards again.Special Features:
- TOPS!GregVIPDined on 4/25/2014We have been to Jack Halyards many times over the years and, as usual, Jack Halyards served two top quality fish dishes Friday night--halibut and swordfish. It just doesn't get any better.Special Features:
- no surprisesfoodie263Dined on 4/24/2014the food is great, portions are a bit small. Happy hour is a nice stop after work. We also enjoy the special events .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Spare RibsWorldTravellerVIPDined on 4/13/2014We have dined here many times and keep returning. The spare ribs were outstanding and our wait person did an excellent job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was just great,bronx51Dined on 4/12/2014The service was just great, a very attentive waiter named John.Special Features:
- Overpriced and disappointingmakeitbluVIPDined on 3/22/2014Drinks from the bar were not enjoyable and served in cheap and small martini glass. Linguini and clams not good. Mahi was overcooked. Do not waste your money.
- ExcellentExcellentVIPDined on 3/15/2014Brought new friends and everything was excellent - will definitely go back.Special Features:
- A new favorite spotpaulspalletDined on 3/15/2014This was a refreshing find. Great food and the service was wonderful. Truly enjoyed the comfortable setting while having our pallets explode with flavor. Owner and staff were very friendly and allowed our dining experience to feel like we had always been their patrons. Can't wait to return.Special Features:
- Fat Tuesday FantasticJerryDined on 3/4/2014We decided to bring a group of friends to Jack Halyards for the Mardis Gras celebration we heard they were having and were not disapointed. The 8 of us had a great meal that was made up with the Cajun cuisine specials for the day. The baked oystes with a white truffle cream sauce as well as the andouille and cornmeal stuffing baked clams were delicious. The gumbo was full of amazing flavors. Dinner highlights were the crawfish etouffee and the BBQ white shrimp. Our server was very attentive and personable despite having several large tables at the same time. Nice balence between festive partiers in bar the dining area allowing chat amongst friends while still feeling a part of the celebration of the evening. We will be back!Special Features:
- Oysters from the Bay! Yum.FrequentDinerDined on 3/2/2014Oysters from the Bay! Yum. Outstanding Bloody Mary, too.Special Features:
- No "scene", GREAT food!Jules11575VIPDined on 2/28/2014This place is a new favorite! Small with quaint decor, but the food is outstanding and the people who work there are super friendly. This is the perfect place to go if you want a nice night out where you can actually have a conversation without yelling. We'll worth the drive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE this place!SueCVIPDined on 2/22/2014I have been here several times. Each time is better than the time before. The staff is so accommodating and friendly. The food is great, especially the SUSHI! I almost don't want to write a great review because I am afraid this restaurant is going to get too popular and I won't be able to get a table on a Saturday night!!!Special Features:
- HelpfulCookieDined on 2/17/2014Substituted red sauce for white on pasta. Informed us a bottle of wine was half price that day. Would not have known. Friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jack Halyards never disappointsGregVIPDined on 2/14/2014I've been to this restaurant many times over the years and always come away extremely pleased with the food, service and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You Should Know JacksCogsDined on 2/14/2014This place was absolutely fantastic! If you happen to be in the beachside town of Oyster Bay, Jacks should be a spot to visit for a quality dinner.Special Features: