Jack Dusty Coastal Cuisine and Crafted Cocktails
1111 Ritz-Carlton Drive
Sarasota, FL 34236Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Jack Dusty Coastal Cuisine and Crafted Cocktails
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.jackdusty.com/
- Phone: (941) 309-2266
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Daily: 7:00am - 11:00pm; Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Dwayne Edwards
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Jack Dusty Coastal Cuisine and Crafted Cocktails
Who is Jack Dusty? Jack Dusty, so named for the 18th century short-hand term for the naval store clerk whose responsibility included doling out the daily lot of rum to sailors and maintaining the ship’s inventory of food supplies, offers guests a bevy of dining and drinking options with indoor/outdoor seating and views of sparkling Sarasota Bay and beyond. Jack Dusty features modern classic seafood, offers a lively bar and presents a prominent cocktail program.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Jack Dusty Coastal Cuisine and Crafted Cocktails - Best Restaurants in Sarasota ›
Jack Dusty Coastal Cuisine and Crafted Cocktails reviews from OpenTable diners
69 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (50)special occasion (48)scenic view (44)fit for foodies (37)romantic (24)vibrant bar scene (19)good for groups (17)hot spot (16)notable wine list (16)neighborhood gem (12)great for lunch (12)late-night find (11)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- A Great ExperiencefoodloverDined on 11/20/2014We took a friend to Jack Dusty's for her birthday. The restaurant staff did a great job of making it a very special occasion. The food was excellent. We could not have asked for better service. They made a "Happy Birthday" sign for the table. We ordered a birthday cake. It was absolutely beautiful and tasted great. My husband and I eat at Jack Dusty's at least once a month just because we really like the restaurant, but this was really special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gutekDined on 11/15/2014Great Food, great service ambiance and views are spectacularSpecial Features:
- Always fantasticLBKerDined on 11/9/2014Always a lovely dining experience - One of the best in the Sarasota area. Great food, relaxed ambiance. The Sarasota Cioppino is fantastic. Have been returning to Longboat Key for the last 20 years and this restaurant has quickly become a favourite.Special Features:
- cozy but a bit overloadedFredDined on 11/8/2014Amazing atmosphere, very taste food but several dishes were not available/sold out when we tried to order (even the the evening special, not in the menu, only presented by waitress just before order/just a few minutes later.Special Features:
- Consistently Superb.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/1/2014JD never disappoints. The whole snapper is one of my favorites. They accommodate any reasonable requests.Special Features:
- FishFluffyDined on 11/1/2014The fish was perfectly cook.My only complain was the water is not good and no i do not want to order bottle water.I will go backSpecial Features:
- very Nive & Very expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/29/2014A lovely setting for lunch but a Cobb salad is $20.00...ouch! Service was very "Ritz Carlson" and pleasant. probably will be back but only on a special occasion.Special Features:
- Best dinner in SarasotaSaraScottDined on 10/28/2014An excellent meal with interesting touches such as bread baked in a can, superb service, and sophisticated ambiance. The Tuesday evening we were there the inside dining room was not busy so the room was quiet. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful seafoodentresarasotaDined on 10/22/2014The only negative we would give Jack Dusty is that the portion size of our entrees are small for the price. While the food is perfectly cooked and presented, one would need and appetizer or starter to be satisfied. Service was friendly yet professional and attentive. We have been here twice and prefer the lunch menu pricing.Special Features:
- Absolutely IncredibleWinegalDined on 10/21/2014We went to Jack Dusty's for my birthday and it was the best experience ever. From top to bottom they had us covered with a special romantic table, fantastic service, exquisite cocktails and a special dessert. Just absolutely incredible. We will be back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It only gets betterrileysroostVIPDined on 10/14/2014Consistently one of the best restaurant experiences in the Sarasota area. It has a great vibe with an energetic bar scene, creative cocktails, and first rate bartenders that cater to your every need. The food is always perfectly prepared and there are multiple selections to satisfy anyone's pallet. Everything is fresh and you won't be disappointed by their menu and the service is always spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jack DustysarasotarhodadinesDined on 10/10/2014We were very pleased with the service and flexibility of the staff. Our guests were delayed by a late arriving flight and the staff accommadated us. Food was excellent (mussels and clams were small) we love the bread.Special Features:
- LWRFoodieDined on 10/3/2014I will start by saying the server was great! Ambiance was very nice. What you would expect at Ritz. Food and selection could have been better. Drinks were ok but seemed to come from the back rather than the bar. Place was dead for a Friday night. Shocked since open table always shows no space when we try to book unless in advance. I would try again for lunch if available or a romantic dinner. A place like this should exceed all expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday surprise for husbandOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/2/2014It was our first time since it became Jack Dusty and we loved it. Beautiful seating inside and out and we loved the modern, upscale decor! We started with the seafood platter appetizer which was very fresh and fantastic-great ceviche, clams, oysters, scallops and a huge lobster. Our daughter had the cobia special and enjoyed it. We had the steak and they were perfectly seasoned and cooked to order. Of course a bit pricey, but we'll be back for all special occasions!Special Features:
- Great Dinner!JNYCDined on 9/25/2014We came here to celebrate our anniversary and our server Jeremy was impeccable. The food and our overall dining experience were superb.Special Features:
- My Birthday dinner at Jack DustyjagdaddyDined on 9/25/2014Fantastic experience for a quiet three person birthday celebration - lobster bisque was smooth and flavorful with chunks of lobster, we all had it. Mom indulged on a dozen perfectly chilled oysters and a whole Maine lobster. My gift was to watch mom enjoy a fabulous seafood meal while sitting at this gorgeous Sarasota bay view neighborhood spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunsets at the RitzNestaDined on 9/23/2014Food was delicious...I had the shrimp & grits with andouille sausage, amazing! Also, the 'tin can bread' was terrific! All that while watching a gorgeous sunset on the outdoor patio...highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceentresarasotaDined on 9/23/2014Midweek lunch at Jack Dusty's was quiet so we can't comment on the night scene. We split the Ceviche, Lobster Roll and Grouper Etoufee and all were done perfectly. The lobster roll had only lobster meat - no fillers - with only drawn butter on a brioche roll. The Ceviche had a nice balanced citrus taste and was served with a side of plantain chips. The Grouper was cooked perfectly but as a single dish is quite large so consider splitting it if having an appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't miss Dusty's!ArtchersDined on 9/19/2014From the time we turned the car over to the valet to the time we reclaimed it, this was a superb dining experience. Ambiance? Check. Attentiveness without intrusion? Check. Wine list? Check. Warm baked special recipe bread? Check. Menu choices? Check. Swordfish with fingerling potatoes and mixed fresh vegetables? Double check. Chocolate layer cake in a jar? Death by chocolate. Costly? Of course but worth every dime.Special Features:
- top notchDineoutallotDined on 9/18/2014there are a lot of choices in the Sarasota area for fine dinning and this one is outstanding. quiet, fine service, great bar for pre dinner drinks, and excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Jack DustyPCLLCviews2useDined on 9/14/2014Second visit to this stylish restaurant. Was hoping for (expecting?) an exceptional dinner experience for my wife and me, having eaten here before with a group for a sensational lunch. Our dinner? Very good, but not exceptional. Service was very polite and thorough but stilted, not at ease. Was a bit off-putting. Gorgeous sunset and nighttime views from our outdoor table. Excellent drink and dinner menu. Some interesting food preparation and presentation tricks. The kitchen makes a good effort but this is the Ritz. Every meal should be a knockout. Ours wasn't.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very, very good!BigGDined on 9/13/2014We had heard mostly negative reviews about this place. Noise seems to be the big issue. Excellent seafood and a great waiter (Lyle)..Special Features:
- Great experienceLevontiDined on 9/12/2014Hotel restaurants are hit and miss, but at Ritz Carlton you would expect to find an excellent restaurant and you would not be disappointed with Jack Dusty. The restaurant has a very pleasant atmosphere with outdoor dining overlooking the bay. We stayed at the hotel and dined at the restaurant twice. The second time we tried their oysters. Everything was high class and the service is what you'd expect for a restaurant of this caliber.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food and local craft beerJust1Dined on 9/5/2014Food was fantastic and the atmosphere was great. Drink menu is creative with a great spin on a mojito. Local and fresh craft beer on draft makes going there even better. Totally love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish FoodLuvwineVIPDined on 9/2/2014I don't eat a lot of fried food, but my dad ordered the fried calamari and it was probably the best I've ever had. Extremely tender. The bread that comes out of the can was very good too. I ordered the crab cake sandwich without the bread and with a side salad and it was very good. Not a huge portion of crab cake, but what was there was excellent (no fillers).Special Features:
- Perfectjumpers406Dined on 9/1/2014The food was perfect. The drinks were perfect. Our waitress was Lori and she was knowledgeable, personable, and provided great service. Overall all I give JD a 10/10!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FloridafoodieDined on 8/29/2014As usual the service was outstanding and the fish extremely fresh.we had both special for entrees--the swordfish and corvinia and each of our party of four raved about their dishes. For starters we shared the Jack's oysters and the "pepper" appetizer which was a real pleasant surprise.Special Features:
- They accomodate food limitationsHappyinSarasotaVIPDined on 8/28/2014I have some food limitations and JD's team is super acccomodating as they try to make delicious food that fits my needs. One of my local favorites and I go there often. Their evening seasonal vegetable plate is the best anywhere of its' type. Oh, yes--and they make great fish, crabcakes etc per my dining companions:)Special Features:
- WelcomingKrazyMareDined on 8/27/2014Had our annual anniversary meal here & as always, the food & staff were both excellent. On arrival, we were greeted by our names & shown to our table. The staff knew the menu well & explained certain dishes to us. Our 12 year old son liked that the staff treated him as a young adult & not as a young child. Bread was delicious that I ended up purchasing the board to bring back home to the UK with me, which came with the ingredients in order to make the bread. We shared the calamari starter. All our mains, beef, lobster & the chicken was delicious and perfectly cooked which you would expect from The Ritz. Jack Dusty is a lovely & relaxing restaurant, the staff are very welcoming. We look forward to returning next summer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasteless FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014The food was tasteless. $12 lobster bisque with no taste or flavor at all. Bread was tasteless. Ambiance is wonderful so go for a drink but the food isn't worth the price or the time.Special Features:
- Needs some refinements...DiscerningdinerVIPDined on 8/13/2014Have eaten here multiple times since their opening and given great reviews in the past but a recent visit for my wife's birthday was a little disappointing. Sat outside on the patio where a Jazz Guitarist/entertainer was playing but was it so loud over the speakers we couldn't talk and ended up giving my wife a headache. Typically have had good luck with their wine list but this time was peeved to find too few interesting and affordable bottles. Ended up paying $140 for a mediocre bottle of Stag's Leap. Food seemed much too salty than it really needed to be. Will try again later but SRQ has too many great restaurants in walking distance to stumble too often.Special Features:
- Great spotFamilyMan1Dined on 8/10/2014Jack Dusty did not disappoint. Perfectly fresh wahoo, grilled, delicious, the potatoes were good. My wife's crab cake was made with big chunks of crab, tasty. Our out of town guest was very pleased. Our server was very pleasant and relaxed. The view is great. The location is ideal. It's one of my favorite Sarasota restaurants.Special Features:
- enigmaDined on 8/9/2014This is a remarkable location, Ritz ambience. Extraordinary vistas seated inside or out. The food is very good with unique presentation. Every Ritz representative is forthcoming and prepared to serve you from parking to reception to management. When you enter the restaurant something changes. The restaurant service is adequate! Something is missing in the interaction with customers at bar and tableside. Nevertheless , I love it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanks to Karl and AndrewMeeeVIPDined on 8/7/2014My wife and had dinner, served by Karl, and breakfast, served by Andrew. Both experiences were simply first class! Karl and Andrew continued to provide that pampered, attentive service that we felt throughout our stay at the Ritz-Carlton in Sarasota. We'll certainly remember the meals and will definitely come back. Thanks again to Karl and Andrew!Special Features:
- it was our 21st month anniversarycavcandoDined on 7/26/2014And ad usual Lyle treated us wonderfully! Even brought us a dessert plate with H A written on it. He is a gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 164 reviews are from the Jack Dusty Coastal Cuisine and Crafted Cocktails reviews archive.
- cindiVIPDined on 7/21/2014I can't say enough good things about Jack Dusty. The food and service were beyond excellent with attention to every detail. Our server, Liddy, went way beyond superlative and made our experience perfect in everyway.
- ImpressedRingRingDined on 7/21/2014All the staff very up-beat smiling and complimentary. Our service pet was welcomed and complimented on her well behavior. Our service dog was very relaxed which speaks very highly for the environment and the staff.Special Features:
- Same menu, poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/18/2014The food is blah, the same since it opened. the service was poor mostly older people working there going through the motions, no passion, no knowledge, just not what I would expect at the ritz carlton.
- Perfect Night4thYesDined on 7/7/2014We were staying at the Ritz and had reservations off property as well, but decide to stay at the hotel and enjoy Jack Dusty's. It was a great decision, we had a wonderful table, outside with the sun setting behind the pool across the bay. We had made mention that it was our anniversary in the reservation, and the staff made a point to congratulate us a couple of times and I don't think it hurt in terms of the table we were given. We had a couple of expensive crafted cocktails, but not so expensive that we didn't order more of them. Our means were wonderful, and we would expect to go back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/5/2014The restaurant has a great look and feel. Friendly hostess. Great menue. Food average to a little above average. Service was friendly however poor. Drinks from the bar not re ordered, water empty not refilled, dishes not cleared from the table. We will try again, maybe just an off night.Special Features: