Jack Binion's Steakhouse
777 Casino Center Dr
Hammond, IN 46320Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Jack Binion's Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.horseshoehammond.com/restaurants/jack-binions-steakhouse.html
- Phone: (219) 473-6028
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday and Thursday: 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Friday and Saturday: 4:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Sunday: 4:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Mark Angeles, Executive Chef
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Our Chef's Dining Room features floor-to-ceiling windows with magnificent views of Lake Michigan while glass doors create exclusive seating for up to 12 guests away from the general dining area. The expansive wooden table and leather dining chairs are an elegant place to gather and toast any special occasion. The room also comes with its own bar service, adding to the extravagance of the moment.
- Private Party Contact: Catering & Sales Office 2194735930x
A word from Jack Binion's Steakhouse
For nearly a decade, our legendary Steak House has been a Chicago favorite with its exquisite service and attention to detail. The Chicago Tribune calls Jack Binion's Steak House "an upscale experience rivaling downtown's finest steakhouses." The reason for the enduring popularity of Jack Binion's Steak House is quite simple - magnificent cuts and house specialties served with impeccable presentation. Each piece is hand selected and trimmed to the exacting standards of certified artisans.Continued
Must be 21 and over to dine
Must be 21 and over to dine
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Jack Binion's Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Hammond, IN ›
Jack Binion's Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
52 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (35)romantic (25)scenic view (25)good for groups (16)fit for foodies (13)notable wine list (7)neighborhood gem (7)vibrant bar scene (3)great for lunch (3)late-night find (2)hot spot (2)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- MrLovesteaksDined on 11/21/2014Wonderful place for excellent food. A bit pricey, but still do able. We keep returning to savor their excellent, tender steaks all the time. Joseph AguilarSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once again Jack Binion's was great on all levels!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/14/2014We normally only go to Jack Binion's 2 times a year but we have not been able to make it out in over 2 years. We have never been disappointed with anything at Jack's. The service was great, The food was fantastic and having the lake as a backdrop is always nice. I do with they still offered the sampler of different high end steak but, my Ribeye was perfect and one of the best I have ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 85 year old birthday celebrationdjfssDined on 11/7/2014When I made reservation via Open Table I noted that this was a 85th Birthday Celebration and asked them to help make it special. They did NOTING..did not even acknowledge it !Special Features:
- Great Steak - very overpricedLove2eatDined on 10/30/2014The steaks were phenomenal. The prime rib was fair. The first time ever I ate at a restaurant that didn't include the salad and potato (you pay for those separately).Special Features:
- I had the prime rib.RevDaveyJDined on 10/29/2014This was by far the worse prime rib I have had. I usually do not write reviews this how bad it was. My food bill alone was $133 and I expected at least a decent piece of meat. I brought the meat home, used an electric carving knife to cut it up and gave it to my four dogs. A very expensive feeding for my dog. They lost a long time customer. Never again!
- A Steak Lover's DreamSusanDined on 10/25/2014Wow! My husband's Porterhouse was over 2 inches thick, could probably feed 4 other people and could be cut with a butter knife!! My daughter and I had the 12 oz and 8 oz fillet's and those also could be cut with a butter knife. So delicious and worth every penny!! Can't wait to go back and indulge. Our only complaint was the waitress. Horrible, horrible service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxing and romantic!CstacyVIPDined on 10/16/2014We like to stop for a nice dinner after gambling and the steakhouse is the place to go! Service is great and the view is nice!Special Features:
- Our special place to go!CstacyVIPDined on 10/9/2014We went to celebrate my husbands birthday. Everything was great! Including the cake to celebrate the day! Just wish the menu would change more often!Special Features:
- Amazing foodKatieDined on 10/8/2014I went to this place on my birthday and the food was simply amazing the best steak I've ever had. The place was every accommodating even when my mom wanted to switch tables three times. They even surprised me with a piece of cake for my birthday. The waitresses were extremely nice and made the experience that much more pleasant. I have recommended this place to couple of friends and will continue to do so. Everything was a la carte which got a little expensive but it was all worth it especially since the leftover were good the next day. Any place you can reheat leftover and there good is an ace in my book.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steaks you will dream about!Russell1980Dined on 10/4/2014Absolutely wonderful food that is worth stopping in for. Our table had a filet, two ribeyes and a New York strip. All cooked to perfection and seasoned beautifully! The sides are big enough to share with a partner as well. Even the bread they bring out as you wait for you meal and appetizers are very tasty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I expected - DisappointedChi777VIPDined on 9/28/2014I attended a concert at The Venue. So I thought that it would be a good place to have a Filet Mignon. When I inquired with waitress she wasn't sure that they would be able to make it too my specifications [well done but tender]. So I opted for the braised oxtails with pasta dish. You had to search for the oxtail. The meal was not very tasty and over priced for what was served.
- Great food, excellent steaksLovesteaksDined on 9/26/2014Great food and service. Decor needs updating, needs to look more modern.Special Features:
- Wonderful date night!lisa46639Dined on 9/14/2014The steak was some of the best I have had! The caramelized onion mashed potato's were simply to die for! A bit pricey but that is to be expected for a steak house. Ask the market price before ordering!!!!! I was not thrilled with the completely ridiculous price of the king crab legs. $69 for ONE pound?!?!?! NO WAY! I've bought king crab dozens of times and never in my life have paid so much.Special Features:
- EVEN IF YOU AREN'T A GAMBLER...SusanDined on 9/13/2014I would recommend you come out to the Horseshoe in Indiana to eat at this Steakhouse. Although it is quite expensive, and everything is ala carte, it was certainly worth every penny. The size of the Porterhouse was incredible! And you could cut it with a butter knife it was so tender. Cooked exactly the way you want it, absolutely de-lish! Vast variety of sides; we had the creamed spinach, house cut fries and sauteed mushrooms (all to die for!) and the mac-n-cheese (which was just okay). Superior service, very attentive. Only complaint was that we were there for a birthday, which we stated on our online reservation as well as re-iterated to the hostess/waitress and they didn't even acknowledge it with a small dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as usualCstacyVIPDined on 9/3/2014It was ok but not as good as it usually is! I think you need to update the menu a bit! and please get a wine and beer list! It's about time for that!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014kitchen was slow to cook orders. if u want a lay back nite, then its ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentCDROBDined on 8/22/2014I've been here a couple of times and have never been disappointed. I'm strongly considering gathering 10 of my closest friends, reserving the small party room and having my birthday dinner there. This will allow me the opportunity to expose more people to this wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Great start to the eveningHoosierFoodieDined on 8/17/2014We had a beautiful view of the Marina, great service and were not rushed through our meal. Portions were very adequate-to-generous. The menu was top notch, with some great selections. I must say the Béarnaise was one of the best I've ever had, as was the Maytag Bleu sauce. The Hollandaise was not my favorite and I experienced a bit more pepper throughout the meal than I tend to enjoy. I would also recommend, if you choose the Wagyu steak, order it rare. I went for medium rare and found it a bit overdone. It is so tender that rare is the better choice... I should have known that!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Always a great dining experience! Five star menu, attentive service and extremely efficient staff.Special Features:
- Mom"s 80th Birthday4girlstripDined on 8/16/2014Great Meal! We had a really good time. the service was excellent as well as the food. Steak and lobster! Great place for a celebration or a romantic dinner overlooking the water.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the food was outstandinggreatDined on 8/7/2014The food was outstanding. The filet just about melted in my mouth. The view was awesome. The staff was very friendly and professionalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & AmbienceJaniceDined on 8/6/2014It had been a couple of years since we dined here and it was great! We both had the Chicken and it was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bartender in the weedsSusanVIPDined on 8/3/2014We go a lot. This time though our usual bartender was off. Jeremy was in the weeds. Sent wrong order out. Very flustered. Not a great experience this time.
- Not a steakhouseMisleadingDined on 8/2/2014The carpet and booth littered with crumbs. The website said business casual. The customers were sweats and hoodies and black flip flop with white socks. Ordered steak medium well and received well done.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 8/1/2014Server did not want to provide a wine list unless you were going to order a bottle.Special Features:
- The following 612 reviews are from the Jack Binion's Steakhouse reviews archive.
- Great dining experienceluluDined on 7/25/2014Had a great dinner before we went to the show at the Venue. They made up for the bad experience we had a couple of weeks ago. We knew that before it was just a fluke that things didn't go well. As usual this dinner was great, we had plenty of time to eat and relax before we went to the theatre. Will be back in a couple of weeks for another dinner and show.Special Features:
- Good diningCeceDined on 7/25/2014I had been here before. The food is (still) very good. My steak was probably one of the best filets I've had. But, we were a bit disappointed that there was NO wine list. We had a choice of 2, low end, cabs. Perhaps the location/patronage doesn't have a calling for a better wine list?Special Features:
- A great view and great steakogrechargerDined on 7/23/2014The floor to ceiling windows over-looking lake Michigan are breathtaking. The steaks are excellent. The only down-side is that they never have chanterelle mushrooms, although they are always on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SammyDined on 7/23/2014This is usually a great place to eat. There were three of us one. ordered a bone in New York strip and the other ordered a filet. Both ordered med. rare and I ordered rack of lamb also med rare. The steaks were over cooked and the lamb was perfect. It was still a good time. Like I said this is usually a great place to eat, but let's face it ever babe Ruth didn't hit a home run all the time.Special Features:
- Superb!!!CDROBDined on 7/18/2014The steak was one of the most wonderful pieces of beef I've ever eaten!!The prices are reasonable and the service (Mimi and her assistant) was great. I most definitely will be returning with friends and family for the wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectaular view great foodanniv19Dined on 7/13/2014Just love the spectacular view of Jack Binions Steak House. The food and service are excellent too. Great place to celebrate any special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak Lovers ParadiseLisaDDined on 7/12/2014We've dined at Jack Binion's Steakhouse several times over the years and have always had a wonderful experience. The staff is very attentive and the food is always wonderful. If you are a steak lover I suggest the bone in Cowboy cut...have them charboil it to seal in the wonderful flavor. The sides can be shared since you get so much. Even the bread they serve at the beginning of the meal is tasty...definitely try the port wine butter spread.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poor timingNancyDined on 7/11/2014Had to wait one hour for our salad. Only had 20 minutes to eat main dish. Prime rib was barely warm and I had to ask for au jusSpecial Features:
- Very disappointedYummDined on 7/11/2014We had 6:15 reservations prior to seeing the 8:00 show. We were not seated until a few minutes to 7. We were told they could not seat us because people who had finished their dinner would not leave - were relaxing waiting for the show. Why not comp a drink and move them?We ordered right away-shrimp- when we were told they could get our order out in time. The server was great. She did not have the support. It was 7:45 no food, we left. At these prices we did not want to gobble or get a doggie bag. We paid for our drinks and salad. No offer to comp! As we were leaving a woman was standing up talking to the manager with her steak balancing on her fork. She stated she waited one hour for a raw steak she ordered medium. It was visibly raw.Special Features:
- luluDined on 7/11/2014Kitchen staff too over 75 minutes to prepare our dinner, we placed our Dinner order at about 6:30PM and at 7:50PM we advised a member of the serving staff not to bother bringing our food to the table, to wrap it as we were attending a concert at 8;00PM and needed to go to the auditorium. We observed in the hour and 20 minute wait many tables being served their dinners knowing that they were seated after my wife & myself were seated. We have dined in this restaurant multiple times and were always treated well, this time, however, much was to be desiredSpecial Features:
- Disappointingshoppergirl624Dined on 7/11/2014We went here for dinner prior to an 8:00pm show at The Venue. We had a reservation for 5:45. We were seated, and the waitress took more than 10 minutes to show up at the table. I ordered prime rib, medium, and my husband had a steak, medium. The salad came out quickly. At 7:35 I told the waitress we are going to be late for the show! She brought the food- his steak was raw (literally), mine well done. I asked for the steak to be removed from the table and the bill. We did share the prime rib, which was awful. They took both off the bill. Many other patrons had the same experience around us. Very disappointing food and service. I do not recommend.Special Features:
- Just okayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014We've been to many top notch steakhouse's. The food was good (not great), but service was terrible. At the prices you pay the service should be flawless and the food excellent.Special Features:
- not the same as it used to be1KittyDined on 7/6/2014We have always loved this restaurant. The past 2 times though that we have been there (since obtaining a new chef) the food has definately slipped. Not sure that I will return. Rare prime rib was medium rare, caeser salad a disappointment, creamed spinach was tough.
- Great place for celebratory dinner!Lilli53Dined on 7/2/2014Jack Binion's is a great place for a celebratory dinner or for a special business dinner. The food was great and it is certain to impress your guests or claimants. Do have a steak, after all, it is a steak house. Our steaks were tender and succulent, even though we had them well done. The mashed potatoes were the tastiest I have had and the Cesar salad was good... But had too much dressing ( next time I will ask for the dressing on the side). The waitress was ok but not as attentive as I would have liked her to be. She could use some lessons from the European waiters. She was good, but for the prices they charge, she should have been more attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pre-performance spotVenueattendeeDined on 6/13/2014Great views over the marina up to the Chicago skyline and down to the Indiana steel mills. Service was prompt and efficient. We were slightly late for our reservation due to traffic problems but were seated immediately in a choice location. There were a variety of breads with butter and port laced cheese served promptly upon being seated. The bottle of wine we asked for was not available but a more expensive substitute was offered at the same price. The prime rib was superb and the brussels sprouts side with goat cheese and nuts was very tasty and the asparagus side was very well prepared. If going to a performance at the Venue you should allow two hours dining time to be able to have a leisurely meal. It is expensive but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.