Jack and Tony's Restaurant and Whiskey Bar
115 Fourth Street
Santa Rosa, CA 95401Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Jack and Tony's Restaurant and Whiskey Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.jackandtonys.com/
- Phone: 7075264347
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30 Am - 4:45 Pm; Dinner: 5:00 Pm - 10:00 Pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jack Mitchell
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our beautiful historic dining room may be reserved for private events.
- Private Party Contact: Angela Brierly 7075264347
A word from Jack and Tony's Restaurant and Whiskey Bar
Jack and Tony's Restaurant and Whisky Bar is located in the heart of Sonoma County's Wine Country, in Santa Rosa's Historic Railroad Square. We are just 50 miles north of San Francisco and the Golden Gate Bridge. We feature Modern American Regional cooking and an exclusive wine list focused on Sonoma County's incredible wine producers. The adjacent Whisky Bar shelves over 200 expressions of Scotch, Bourbon, Irish, American and Japanese whiskies.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Jack and Tony's Restaurant and Whiskey Bar - Best Restaurants in Santa Rosa ›
Jack and Tony's Restaurant and Whiskey Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
19 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelModerate
vibrant bar scene (8)fit for foodies (5)neighborhood gem (5)good for groups (5)notable wine list (4)romantic (4)hot spot (2)special occasion (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- DeliciousKimSDined on 8/30/2014Wonderful dinner-the surf and turf was so good and the butterscotch pudding was the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always reliable!JohnnyHabuDined on 8/18/2014Outstanding list of whiskeys, our server was a huge help in setting up a flight of American whiskeys to try out. The food is always nice.I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday lunchchefsonomaDined on 8/9/2014We enjoyednthe meal, however the service was rather poor. The server seemed uninterested or perhaps she was new at her job. The food was good by rather pedestrian.I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticLadytharpeDined on 8/1/2014It was our second time going and the menu was totally different. First time I had chicken this last time steak. The food was incredible, our server was amazing we even left seeing a movie he recommended. Drinks were sensational. This is such an outstanding restaurant and I have enjoyed it the two times I've gone. Can't wait to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Come for the Whiskey Not the foodRelaxedDined on 6/10/2014It was a typical bar atmosphere. That was no surprise but the menu had the usual bar food but also had more upscale offerings like stuffed lobster. The whiskey list was impressive and priced fairly. The food was very ordinary and the lobster in particular was very dry, very small and overpriced. In short, have a dram and call it a day
- CAnnVIPDined on 6/6/2014I have been here before and was pleased to return: but this time the food was outstanding. I was delighted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No what we expected. June 5, 2014DoctorNo428Dined on 6/5/2014We had a drink in the bar before dinner. The bartender was polite and the noise does carry. It was to be expected. Next was dinner. The servers couldn't be less interested. No greeting, where are you from, is it your first time here, nothing to generate a pleasant exchange. My wife's lobster was chewy and almost tasteless. I had tiger prawns and pasta which were OK but no "wow" factor. This was on a Thursday evening. I must say the food is overpriced with a limited menu. If you are on a budget and quality matters this isn't the place for you. If we hadn't been spoiled from eating at Stark's Steak House the night before this might have been a better experience. Thank goodness for the wine bar a few doors down after we left.Special Features:
- Jay64VIPDined on 5/25/2014Jack & Tony's has consistently great food, wine and service. We have eaten here numerous times and have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/20/2014Very loud with a large group nearby, but not obnoxious. Couldn't get our 4 steak order correct twice. Rare with sear, to medium rare when all were ordered medium. Never did see pink. Got apologies, but wanted a good dinner. Felt we had $100 salads, which were good. Waitress/Manager was apologetic, but tried to make excuses for the kitchen's blunders. Truly, this experience was on the lower end of my dining out. First thing is to get the orders right before anything else. Dropped the ball on this occasion, 5/19. Based on dining experience, I really can't recommend this establishement to my friends.
- The following 243 reviews are from the Jack and Tony's Restaurant and Whiskey Bar reviews archive.
- Whiskey Bar with Great FoodMrkrmooreDined on 5/3/2014They have an outstanding whiskey selection. And the food is pretty darn good as well. They make their own Marciano Cherries..Special Features:
- disappointing B-day celebrationavoidDined on 5/3/20143 of us came for a man's "B-Day" celebration in search of enjoying a "whiskey" tasting in both drink and food. Drinks were fair but the meal was very disappointing. We were steered towards the salmon and flank steak by our server … both over cooked and bland … not as described on the menu. Where was the whiskey sauce??? Our order was goofed up, extremely late and random people brought over our meal portions. Server never checked on our meals. The support staff kept clearing our entire table leaving us without our utensils for eating several times. Told dessert was on the house for our inconvenience, however, was charged for 1 dessert. No candle for b-day boy. $180 later left feeling hungry … over priced for poor service and food.
- A nice night out....Zin2WinDined on 4/14/2014Second time at the restaurant and we attended with out of town friends. All four meals were well prepared and the service was prompt and cordial if not maybe just a bit too formal (can that really be? :) . All in all a nice experience. We would visit again for sure.I would recommend this to a friend.
- I had stuffed half lobsterOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/4/2014I had stuffed half lobster tail, it was fresh and sweet. Others had flat iron steak, cooked perfectly and tasted great. Nice server did great job. I was a little reluctant to book after some reviews. I will not hesitate next time.Special Features:
- Railroad SleeperJohanDined on 3/29/2014I don't believe this establishment gets enough media exposure. It's a unique concept and it's over all experience factor is very good. The staff are excellent and knowledgable. It has a Whiskey bar and if one is adventurous with that form of libation, it's a must go to place. The food is good. Their house specialties are really excellent. I would hope that they would always be looking to improve so they can go the extra bit to make it 5 stars instead of 4. Having said that, I certainly don't need 5 star dining every time and this is close enough that it's permanently on my culinary radar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would Definitely Come BackOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/29/2014The food was very good, although some might find the menu somewhat limited. We did not find the BLT salad as "wow" as others have noted, but it wasn't bad either. Nice ambiance and our server was attentive. Music from the bar can be a little distracting / annoying, but the overall level of noise was fine. This place may not blow you away, but we don't think you'll leave disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant week hitHungryIVIPDined on 3/16/2014I dined at 3 restaurants during Sonoma Restaurant Week and the meal at Jack and Tony's was my favorite. BLT salad? brilliant! Well balanced meal. Quite enjoyable.Special Features:
- Good, not Greatmdcarson2Dined on 3/15/2014I went with a group of 9 on a Saturday night. Our table was ready on time. Service: Our servers were nice. They took our group picture without complaint and I believe all the orders were correct. Food: Pre-Fix menu left something to be desired. I had the potato and leek soup to start. Straight-forward, decently seasoned but nothing special. Fore entree the grilled chicken with white corn palenta and braised chard. Palenta and chard were the best parts of the meal. Desert was another straighforward dish, strawberries and rum pound cake. Drinks: TONS of Whiskey to choose from including whiskey flights. The Kentucky Tea was refreshing an well made. My friends enjoyed well made Manhattans. The Ken Wantanabe Martini was very interesting.I would recommend this to a friend.
- No Table readySantaRosaFoodieDined on 3/14/2014Had 8 o clock reservations for a party of two and when we arrived we were told there wasn't a table available. Two groups of two who came in after us were seated before us. No table came available until about 8:20.Special Features:
- Fun!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/14/2014Great spirits, friendly caring servers, delicious albeit very rich fare...of course we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week HitWineCountryGirlDined on 3/14/2014We chose to visit Jack and Tony's as one of only three places we dined during Sonoma County Restaurant Week for two reasons: the tasty menu and the 200+ choices of whisky. My husband had the potato-leek soup, and the Scottish Salmon, both of which were perfectly prepared. I had the BLT salad and the chicken breast and polenta; the chicken breast was moist, and the polenta, I think, was pan fried, as it had a nice little crust to it. Dessert was fabulous: strawberries rum cake & Chantilly cream. My husband had the Butterscotch Pudding with snicker-doodle cookie. Both, perfect and yummy. A bit pricey for our normal eating out experience, but I would go again for a special occasion, as the food was so good and the service impecable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We visited during restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/14/2014We visited during restaurant week, it was our first visit to Jack and Tony's. The food was excellent. We both had mixed drinks and they were unique and fun. I would definately do it again. My one disappointment - I had coffee with dessert and the coffee tasted like diner coffee. I would have expected something a little better than Folgers or whatever they were using.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicous!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/10/2014I went during restaurant week and the food was amazing! Great service, delicious drinks, and all around awesome experience. Drinks are a little pricey, but worth it.Special Features:
- Resturant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/10/2014We had dinner at Jack & Tony's for the first time as part of Rest. week in Sonoma County. Overall the food was good. It felt a little assembly line arranged. Nothing special in presentation and our server even told us the goal of the menu was to get us in and out so no substitutions. Felt a little strange on a Monday night with many empty tables (when we arrived). A large party did show up about half way through our meal but our service did not suffer. I look forward to going back and ordering off the main menu in the hopes it will be presented a little differently.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Back to Jack'sseasDined on 3/10/2014We enjoyed our visit last year but unfortunately this year not so much. The food was tasty, the service very rushed. 2 huge parties were due a 1/2 hr after us, and the waitress really rushed us, not that we were dawdling. Once the large parties came in we could barely hear each other. My husband wanted the pre fixe meal but with regular potatoes rather than the sweet/regular potato mix. Our waitress said there was no way they would substitute and suggested he order everything off the regular menu , costing $13 more for the exact meal without the sweet potatoes. Afterwards I felt she could have suggested a side of potatoes at a fraction of the cost, but we felt so rushed to order we just went with it and paid the extra $$.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected surprise.RosalieGVIPDined on 3/10/2014Tried Jack and Tony's for the first time and were unexpectedly surprised by a fine dinner. It is in Railroad Square and weren't too sure of the neighborhood. But, the service was excellent and the restaurant is very nice inside. The BLT salad was great as was the potato-leek soup. The salmon special was delicious with the grilled asparagus.Special Features:
- Nice spotOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/8/2014J & T is a very nice restaurant in Railroad Square. We both had salmon which was delicious. Great evening out!Special Features:
- UnfortunatemcwmVIPDined on 2/25/2014The restaurant was closed, with a sign that said "closed for regularly scheduled maintenance". We were upset, but went to another place, Jackson's, which was just fabulous, so it worked out well in the end. (I would not recommend this place until I actually eat there.) When I got home I had a phone message from Jack and Tony's saying they were closed due to a death in the family. I appreciate they phoned, and had I been home to take the call our visit there would have been less confusing.
- Very nice steak dinnerjustus2Dined on 2/9/2014We enjoyed our meal very much. Our steaks were done to perfection. We had a gift card for $ 100, and that covered one drink, appetizer or soup and main course for each person.Special Features:
- GOOD FOOD ON 4TH STREETcalkentDined on 2/8/2014ENJOYED MY MEAL AT JACK & TONY'S SO MUCH THAT I MADE RESERVATIONS THE SAME NIGHT TO GO BACK ON THE COMING WEEKEND. NICE SELECTION OF BOURBONS IN THE BAR TOO!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperiencemozummyDined on 2/7/2014Our dining experience this past Friday was wonderful, the food was extremely tasty. The staff was friendly.We enjoyed our time there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local gemJanice2644Dined on 1/28/2014Winderful food, great wine list. Excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food very good - excellent serviceBobsVIPDined on 12/31/2013We had an early dinner New Years Eve prior to going to a 6th St Playhouse.show. The food was very very good but our waitress really made the evening enjoyable. Sorry I did not get her name but we were seated in the first booth by the front window and she wore a funny New Years head thing with a big feather. The restaurant was busy and hectic, but her her attentiveness, friendliness, and professional service made for a very pleasant dining experience.
- Awesome food and funKaren555Dined on 12/28/2013Stopped in Santa Rosa and picked this place after walking buy. Food was wonderful . Best scallop and risotto appetizer ever and our main courses were delicious. I'll go Back in a heartbeatSpecial Features:
- Went to Jack and Tony's forMelindaOaklandDined on 12/24/2013Went to Jack and Tony's for Christmas Eve dinner. Had a great time- service was terrific and attentive. Food was perfect - great salad, parsnip soup, short ribs, lobster/crab combo and lamb shank. One guest had a food allergy; server and chef were gracious about refining her dish to take out the offending ingredient. It was a perfect evening.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected surpriseSopranoDined on 12/24/2013Our party of 5 made an unexpected last minute reservation on Christmas Eve and we all were pleasantly surprised. Cute waitress, great service, really delicious food & loved the variations in the whiskey flights. I would definitely return if I'm in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd time aroundGabeDined on 12/7/2013This was our 2nd visit to Jack & Tony's. The first visit was excellent; food, service, servers' attitude were all great, so we went, again. The second visit, not so great. Restaurant was noisy. Server touted several items on the menu, including the short ribs ("boneless and so tender, you won't need a knife" per the server; they weren't. Meat was gristly and not as tender as recommended.) Others at the table said the lamb shanks were very good. Bar "got busy" and our drinks were delayed being brought to the dinner table. Probably won't be going there again.
- Go for the Whiskey, not the food.ChrisDined on 12/4/2013The Whiskey selection is nothing short of epic. This is inversely proportional to the quality of the food. We decided to give the restaurant a try for our annual office party. I ordered lobster. Usually, one would expect something special. I'm not convinced it was a lobster. I seemed more like a crawdad. In attendance on the plate was half a corn on the cob, resting on end, with an American flag planted on top. I'm as patriotic as the next guy, but even my love of country couldn't excuse the feeble presentation. The corn must have be rescued from deep freeze, since one would be challenged to find fresh corn in the local market. And if that wasn't enough starch, the rest of the plate hosted roasted potatoes. Yum. Bottom line...bar only.Special Features:
- Great place for dinnerAngelaDined on 11/30/2013A girlfriend and I went to dinner here the other night and we loved everything that we ordered. We especially loved the bacon wrapped scallops with risotto. The beets with goat cheese was soooo delicious! Blackened shrimp was also very tasty. Dessert was something I enjoyed very much! Scotch pudding with a snicker doodle. The pudding was surprisingly delicious! I am not a huge fan of pudding, but it sounded interesting and boy, was it good! Great list of whiskey and bourbon. Cocktails are great! GREAT SERVER....MEGAN. She was our server the last time we went there and she was wonderful then. Overall experience was fantastic!Special Features:
- Birthday LunchWednesdayDined on 11/27/2013Tried Jack and Tony's for a weekday birthday lunch. Place was beautiful and the food was wonderful. I had the roasted beet and goat cheese appetizer. We all tried it and agreed it was DELISH !...My burger was cooked to order and obviously quality beef. My friends had the pulled pork and the shrimp po' boy. It was all outstanding and we agreed that we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very nice dinner at the barDylanPhileDined on 11/21/2013courteous and knowledgeable bar staff and gracious host/manager. two salads were very good. will be back. my dinner companion said the scotch and whisky selections were spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.