Jack and Tony's Restaurant and Whiskey Bar
115 Fourth Street
Santa Rosa, CA 95401Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Jack and Tony's Restaurant and Whiskey Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.jackandtonys.com/
- Phone: (707) 526-4347
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30 Am - 4:45 Pm; Dinner: 5:00 Pm - 10:00 Pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jack Mitchell
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our beautiful historic dining room may be reserved for private events.
- Private Party Contact: Angela Brierly 7075264347
A word from Jack and Tony's Restaurant and Whiskey Bar
Jack and Tony's Restaurant and Whisky Bar is located in the heart of Sonoma County's Wine Country, in Santa Rosa's Historic Railroad Square. We are just 50 miles north of San Francisco and the Golden Gate Bridge. We feature Modern American Regional cooking and an exclusive wine list focused on Sonoma County's incredible wine producers. The adjacent Whisky Bar shelves over 200 expressions of Scotch, Bourbon, Irish, American and Japanese whiskies.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Jack and Tony's Restaurant and Whiskey Bar - Best Restaurants in Santa Rosa ›
Jack and Tony's Restaurant and Whiskey Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
27 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (11)good for groups (10)vibrant bar scene (9)neighborhood gem (8)notable wine list (6)special occasion (4)romantic (2)late-night find (2)hot spot (2)Show More
- Great place for whiskey drinking meat eaters.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/19/2014The bourbon list attracted us to this place in downtown Santa Rosa. We were not disapointed. My wife had a glass of wine (which was fine), and I had the best manhattan I've ever had - and I've been drinking them for 40 years. They marinate their own cherries and make their own bitters, and they're terrific. The food was solid. We started with the baked Brie, which was fine. The spinach salad with bacon was very tasty. I had the flatiron steak, which was good. The star of the night was my wife's pork chop, which was exceptionally tasty and tender. We finished with bananas foster and pear spice cake, both of which were very good. Very solid food all in all, but I'd go back just for another one of those Manhattans! Service was excellent, as was the atmosphere. We went on a rainy Wednesday night and it wasn't very crowded. We enjoyed it very much, and plan to return on our next trip to Santa Rosa.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where's the Whiskey?MichaelDined on 11/8/2014A buddy and I decide to have dinner at a place we could get a drink. The bar menu is a long list of highend Scotch Whiskeys. They offer 4 flights to taste. Out of the 4 flights I'm told they were out of two...so I pick one. She's back with my flight (3 small pours)and tells me that they didn't have the ones listed on the menu and here are the one's the bartender offered. My friend orders soup with dinner. She returns, says the soup is 86'd (7:30pm on a Saturday). I order the New York and he orders the pork chop. My steak is more rare then med-rare as I ordered... but ok. His porkchop was perfect, just served with fried polenta that's dry and tasteless. Last, we order coffee with Baileys and they have no Baileys,maybe next time, maybe not.Special Features:
- Smell and menuOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/31/2014This was our second visit. During our first we visit we noticed the incredible smell of fish (the fish market type) along with a underlying mustiness. Our second visit confirmed our first impression. The menu was our second disappointment. The menu is limited which is perfectly fine when including intriguing offering. Jack and Tony's only covers the simplest bases with no choices to keep you in your seat. Perhaps this is why the restaurant was only half full during a prime Friday night. We had a cocktail while looking at the menu and then decided to leave rather than have a mediocre meal in a smelly restaurant. It's disappointing.
- SADOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/17/2014Took 10min to get a waitress just for water and it was not busy yet. The food tasted like salt , the steak was all fat , drinks where good. They did take of the price of my steak dinner and the waitress was friendly. Its a Whisky Bar , that's why the drinks where good.Special Features:
- Pleased once againLovefoodDined on 10/17/2014The food and service at Jack & Tony's is always excellent. It is very noisy but the good points far out way the bad. We took friends with us who had never been there. They were pleasantly surprised at the quality of the food and service.Special Features:
- EhMrsSpitzDined on 10/2/2014The service was decent, I had the filet and for being a filet it was probably the poorest grade of steak I've ever had... It was actually fatty so who even know if it was actually a filet. Our waitress was pleasant and so was the hostess.
- Nice selection of WhiskeyOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/2/2014Had a enjoyable evening trying a few of the many whiskey's and ryes. Impressive selection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Night DinnerAlya32Dined on 9/28/2014Food and service was great! Server offered to split our starters which was a nice touch. She paid just enough attention to us so that we felt attended to, but not so much that she was interrupting. We ordered the Bone-in Pork Chop with blackberry BBQ sauce, white corn polenta cakes & braised greens and Gilled Flatiron Steak (rare) with romesco sauce, broccolini & crispy potato cake. The chop was perfectly done! Moist and tender and the blackberry BBQ sauce was a very nice surprise. The polenta cake was crispy on the outside and soft on the inside – not grainy at all. Steak came rare and the crispy potato cake made a nice bed to soak up the juices. The romesco sauce was smokey, but not overly so.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014We have eaten at Jack & Tony's a number of times and have always found it to be a great place to eat. The food is outstanding and the wine list has many notable choices. Some in our party enjoyed the flights of scotch! Very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Unfortunately, I was very disappointed in my entree. My friend and I both spent about $30 each on the lobster dish. The lobster was tasty, but unfortunately, the crab portion was almost inedible as it tasted a bit odd and certainly did not have the amazing taste I expect from crab. The crab was chopped up so fine it lost about all of its integrity and taste. In addition, I was a bit surprised that a $30 lobster dish came with potatoes that seem to be just boiled as they had no flavor or seasoning and half a boiled corn on the cob. It was definitely not the the sides I expect from an establishment such as your, especially when ordering lobster.
- Great food for the priceTravelgal1Dined on 9/18/2014My husband and I went here for his birthday. I had a flatiron steak and he had the ahi tuna. Both were cooked to perfection. The oysters we had as an appetizer were delicious - as if they were just plucked from the ocean. We split a wedge salad. Again a perfect addition to our meal. The noise level when we went was almost over the top. Quite hard to talk to each other at times. I suggest they look into some kind of ceiling baffling to absorb the noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousKimSDined on 8/30/2014Wonderful dinner-the surf and turf was so good and the butterscotch pudding was the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always reliable!JohnnyHabuDined on 8/18/2014Outstanding list of whiskeys, our server was a huge help in setting up a flight of American whiskeys to try out. The food is always nice.I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday lunchchefsonomaDined on 8/9/2014We enjoyednthe meal, however the service was rather poor. The server seemed uninterested or perhaps she was new at her job. The food was good by rather pedestrian.I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticLadytharpeDined on 8/1/2014It was our second time going and the menu was totally different. First time I had chicken this last time steak. The food was incredible, our server was amazing we even left seeing a movie he recommended. Drinks were sensational. This is such an outstanding restaurant and I have enjoyed it the two times I've gone. Can't wait to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 248 reviews are from the Jack and Tony's Restaurant and Whiskey Bar reviews archive.
- Come for the Whiskey Not the foodRelaxedDined on 6/10/2014It was a typical bar atmosphere. That was no surprise but the menu had the usual bar food but also had more upscale offerings like stuffed lobster. The whiskey list was impressive and priced fairly. The food was very ordinary and the lobster in particular was very dry, very small and overpriced. In short, have a dram and call it a day
- CAnnVIPDined on 6/6/2014I have been here before and was pleased to return: but this time the food was outstanding. I was delighted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No what we expected. June 5, 2014DoctorNo428Dined on 6/5/2014We had a drink in the bar before dinner. The bartender was polite and the noise does carry. It was to be expected. Next was dinner. The servers couldn't be less interested. No greeting, where are you from, is it your first time here, nothing to generate a pleasant exchange. My wife's lobster was chewy and almost tasteless. I had tiger prawns and pasta which were OK but no "wow" factor. This was on a Thursday evening. I must say the food is overpriced with a limited menu. If you are on a budget and quality matters this isn't the place for you. If we hadn't been spoiled from eating at Stark's Steak House the night before this might have been a better experience. Thank goodness for the wine bar a few doors down after we left.Special Features:
- Jay64VIPDined on 5/25/2014Jack & Tony's has consistently great food, wine and service. We have eaten here numerous times and have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/20/2014Very loud with a large group nearby, but not obnoxious. Couldn't get our 4 steak order correct twice. Rare with sear, to medium rare when all were ordered medium. Never did see pink. Got apologies, but wanted a good dinner. Felt we had $100 salads, which were good. Waitress/Manager was apologetic, but tried to make excuses for the kitchen's blunders. Truly, this experience was on the lower end of my dining out. First thing is to get the orders right before anything else. Dropped the ball on this occasion, 5/19. Based on dining experience, I really can't recommend this establishement to my friends.
- Whiskey Bar with Great FoodMrkrmooreDined on 5/3/2014They have an outstanding whiskey selection. And the food is pretty darn good as well. They make their own Marciano Cherries..Special Features:
- disappointing B-day celebrationavoidDined on 5/3/20143 of us came for a man's "B-Day" celebration in search of enjoying a "whiskey" tasting in both drink and food. Drinks were fair but the meal was very disappointing. We were steered towards the salmon and flank steak by our server … both over cooked and bland … not as described on the menu. Where was the whiskey sauce??? Our order was goofed up, extremely late and random people brought over our meal portions. Server never checked on our meals. The support staff kept clearing our entire table leaving us without our utensils for eating several times. Told dessert was on the house for our inconvenience, however, was charged for 1 dessert. No candle for b-day boy. $180 later left feeling hungry … over priced for poor service and food.
- A nice night out....Zin2WinDined on 4/14/2014Second time at the restaurant and we attended with out of town friends. All four meals were well prepared and the service was prompt and cordial if not maybe just a bit too formal (can that really be? :) . All in all a nice experience. We would visit again for sure.I would recommend this to a friend.
- I had stuffed half lobsterOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/4/2014I had stuffed half lobster tail, it was fresh and sweet. Others had flat iron steak, cooked perfectly and tasted great. Nice server did great job. I was a little reluctant to book after some reviews. I will not hesitate next time.Special Features:
- Railroad SleeperJohanDined on 3/29/2014I don't believe this establishment gets enough media exposure. It's a unique concept and it's over all experience factor is very good. The staff are excellent and knowledgable. It has a Whiskey bar and if one is adventurous with that form of libation, it's a must go to place. The food is good. Their house specialties are really excellent. I would hope that they would always be looking to improve so they can go the extra bit to make it 5 stars instead of 4. Having said that, I certainly don't need 5 star dining every time and this is close enough that it's permanently on my culinary radar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would Definitely Come BackOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/29/2014The food was very good, although some might find the menu somewhat limited. We did not find the BLT salad as "wow" as others have noted, but it wasn't bad either. Nice ambiance and our server was attentive. Music from the bar can be a little distracting / annoying, but the overall level of noise was fine. This place may not blow you away, but we don't think you'll leave disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant week hitHungryIVIPDined on 3/16/2014I dined at 3 restaurants during Sonoma Restaurant Week and the meal at Jack and Tony's was my favorite. BLT salad? brilliant! Well balanced meal. Quite enjoyable.Special Features:
- Good, not Greatmdcarson2Dined on 3/15/2014I went with a group of 9 on a Saturday night. Our table was ready on time. Service: Our servers were nice. They took our group picture without complaint and I believe all the orders were correct. Food: Pre-Fix menu left something to be desired. I had the potato and leek soup to start. Straight-forward, decently seasoned but nothing special. Fore entree the grilled chicken with white corn palenta and braised chard. Palenta and chard were the best parts of the meal. Desert was another straighforward dish, strawberries and rum pound cake. Drinks: TONS of Whiskey to choose from including whiskey flights. The Kentucky Tea was refreshing an well made. My friends enjoyed well made Manhattans. The Ken Wantanabe Martini was very interesting.I would recommend this to a friend.
- No Table readySantaRosaFoodieDined on 3/14/2014Had 8 o clock reservations for a party of two and when we arrived we were told there wasn't a table available. Two groups of two who came in after us were seated before us. No table came available until about 8:20.Special Features:
- Fun!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/14/2014Great spirits, friendly caring servers, delicious albeit very rich fare...of course we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week HitWineCountryGirlDined on 3/14/2014We chose to visit Jack and Tony's as one of only three places we dined during Sonoma County Restaurant Week for two reasons: the tasty menu and the 200+ choices of whisky. My husband had the potato-leek soup, and the Scottish Salmon, both of which were perfectly prepared. I had the BLT salad and the chicken breast and polenta; the chicken breast was moist, and the polenta, I think, was pan fried, as it had a nice little crust to it. Dessert was fabulous: strawberries rum cake & Chantilly cream. My husband had the Butterscotch Pudding with snicker-doodle cookie. Both, perfect and yummy. A bit pricey for our normal eating out experience, but I would go again for a special occasion, as the food was so good and the service impecable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We visited during restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/14/2014We visited during restaurant week, it was our first visit to Jack and Tony's. The food was excellent. We both had mixed drinks and they were unique and fun. I would definately do it again. My one disappointment - I had coffee with dessert and the coffee tasted like diner coffee. I would have expected something a little better than Folgers or whatever they were using.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicous!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/10/2014I went during restaurant week and the food was amazing! Great service, delicious drinks, and all around awesome experience. Drinks are a little pricey, but worth it.Special Features:
- Resturant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/10/2014We had dinner at Jack & Tony's for the first time as part of Rest. week in Sonoma County. Overall the food was good. It felt a little assembly line arranged. Nothing special in presentation and our server even told us the goal of the menu was to get us in and out so no substitutions. Felt a little strange on a Monday night with many empty tables (when we arrived). A large party did show up about half way through our meal but our service did not suffer. I look forward to going back and ordering off the main menu in the hopes it will be presented a little differently.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Back to Jack'sseasDined on 3/10/2014We enjoyed our visit last year but unfortunately this year not so much. The food was tasty, the service very rushed. 2 huge parties were due a 1/2 hr after us, and the waitress really rushed us, not that we were dawdling. Once the large parties came in we could barely hear each other. My husband wanted the pre fixe meal but with regular potatoes rather than the sweet/regular potato mix. Our waitress said there was no way they would substitute and suggested he order everything off the regular menu , costing $13 more for the exact meal without the sweet potatoes. Afterwards I felt she could have suggested a side of potatoes at a fraction of the cost, but we felt so rushed to order we just went with it and paid the extra $$.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected surprise.RosalieGVIPDined on 3/10/2014Tried Jack and Tony's for the first time and were unexpectedly surprised by a fine dinner. It is in Railroad Square and weren't too sure of the neighborhood. But, the service was excellent and the restaurant is very nice inside. The BLT salad was great as was the potato-leek soup. The salmon special was delicious with the grilled asparagus.Special Features:
- Nice spotturbotimDined on 3/8/2014J & T is a very nice restaurant in Railroad Square. We both had salmon which was delicious. Great evening out!Special Features:
- UnfortunatemcwmVIPDined on 2/25/2014The restaurant was closed, with a sign that said "closed for regularly scheduled maintenance". We were upset, but went to another place, Jackson's, which was just fabulous, so it worked out well in the end. (I would not recommend this place until I actually eat there.) When I got home I had a phone message from Jack and Tony's saying they were closed due to a death in the family. I appreciate they phoned, and had I been home to take the call our visit there would have been less confusing.
- Very nice steak dinnerjustus2Dined on 2/9/2014We enjoyed our meal very much. Our steaks were done to perfection. We had a gift card for $ 100, and that covered one drink, appetizer or soup and main course for each person.Special Features:
- GOOD FOOD ON 4TH STREETcalkentVIPDined on 2/8/2014ENJOYED MY MEAL AT JACK & TONY'S SO MUCH THAT I MADE RESERVATIONS THE SAME NIGHT TO GO BACK ON THE COMING WEEKEND. NICE SELECTION OF BOURBONS IN THE BAR TOO!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.