12501 N Meridian Street
Carmel, IN 46032Neighborhood:
Carmel / Westfield
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.jrazzos.com/
- Phone: 3178449333
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Chef Joe
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout
- Catering: Our catering menu will help you choose the perfect food for your next event. Remember everyone loves Italian.
- Private Party Facilities: Our private dining room seats up to 44 people. We would love to assist you with your next function Our location is ideal for your guests and always plenty of free parking.
- Private Party Contact: John Perazzo 3178449333
A word from J. Razzo's
Old World flavors in a New World Decor.We are serving all of your favorite Italian dinners, including Chicken Parmesan,Lasagna, Tilipia Piccata.We have an extensive wine list to compliment your meal.All served in a modern gorgeous environment by friendly helpful servers.Continued
Our private dining room is perfect for business meetings,family reunions,rehearsal dinners or any other event.
Our private dining room is perfect for business meetings,family reunions,rehearsal dinners or any other event.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
J. Razzo's - Best Restaurants in Carmel / Westfield ›
J. Razzo's reviews from OpenTable diners
45 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (30)special occasion (24)fit for foodies (19)romantic (17)good for groups (17)kid-friendly (9)great for lunch (8)notable wine list (8)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (2)hot spot (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Italian AccentPrincessDined on 8/30/2014Very authentic Itslian food- great sauces- We will be back! This restaurant is in a strip mall and the decor is a big surprise . It is beautiful.Special Features:
- DisappointingIndyDinerVIPDined on 8/29/2014We read great reviews if this restaurant on-line and were anxious to check it out. The marinated olives were too tart. They ran out of lettuce so only one of us could have a salad. The talipia had a thick sauce that looked like cream if chiCken soup and had no flavor. My husband's pasta was mushy and very over cooked and the chicken Marsala had a thick gravy with no flavor. Very nice waiter and staff, but the food was very disappointing and not worth the $70 we spent. We will not go back.
- Consistently Good Food and ServiceIndysharkVIPDined on 8/29/2014J. Razzo's just keeps providing good food and service. We often try different foods, and they are all good. Add the great service, and this is hard to beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Remains the bestJackDined on 8/22/2014Food was excellent as always and the service was tremendous. Anyone who likes neighborhood Italian has to try it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- quiet, romantic dinnerPartyOf8Dined on 8/22/2014Our server Jan was attentive & friendly. The food was was very flavorful. We recommend the wedge salad, Tomato basil soup, Seared scallops. Everything was brought out in a timely manner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!vickimDined on 8/16/2014J.Razzo's has something for everyone...great food, wine and desserts!Special Features:
- outstandingArnieVIPDined on 8/15/2014Eggplant Pamag and Chicken Veneto with sliced chicken and pistachio nuts the old way are outstanding.Special Features:
- Consistently Good Food and ServiceIndysharkVIPDined on 8/13/2014You can't beat good consistently great food and service. J. Razzo's just keeps producing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BU1975Dined on 8/9/2014We've been coming to J Razzo's for several years. The food and service are always exceptional and I highly recommend the restaurant as the best Italian restaurant in Indianapolis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great wine prices and selectionBeachLov3rVIPDined on 8/8/2014With US 31 construction, the community has been asked to patronize the restaurants affected by the detours. J. Razzo's was one mentioned and we had never heard of it before. What a treat! Fabulous food, great wine list, beautiful decor and knowledgeable wait staff. We were amazed at the reasonable prices and that includes the excellent wine list. Highly recommend and from the looks of things, a west side Carmel favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently good food and quietSusanVIPDined on 8/4/2014I love this place to dine for lunch. The food is good. We’ve had several pasta dishes and their pizzas. The food is priced well and you can hear your business lunch guests! The restaurant is consistently clean.Special Features:
- ShipDined on 8/1/2014Great food, especially the breadsticks! Very reasonable prices for the quality of the food. Great service. New fave Italian!Special Features:
- favorite local place to gofrankVIPDined on 7/25/2014J. Razzos is a consistent Italian Restaurant. This is our favorite local place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well Doneasdf1234VIPDined on 7/25/2014Long time itialian restraunteer had it dialed in. Food was very flavorful and the prices were sweet. Presentaion was excellent and the service was wonderful.Special Features:
- Comfortable ChoiceSlky2010Dined on 7/21/2014My brother from Houston was visiting and it being his last night in town, I was looking for a dependable spot for dinner. Since I had to work, I decided to make reservations for my mom, brother, and myself. The construction on highway 31 has played some havoc with their business so it also felt right to help keep this restaurant afloat. The wine selection is varied, the salads are always chill and crisp. and I have loved their accommodating way of making a special chicken dish. My brother had the arriabata penne, my mom had fish, and I had a chicken piccata.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/5/2014Food and service was very good with the exception of finding a piece of wire in one of the entries. Server apologized and gave a dessert as compensation which came up short in my opinion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Food @ Great PriceSoccerl618VIPDined on 7/2/2014You can always get a seat at this awesome restaurant. It's a neighborhood gem with consistently great food and service.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014Restaurant is excellent, John and staff treat everone as company.Special Features:
- WonderfulAdriDined on 6/6/2014The food was excellent. Our waiter was so helpful and nice but not pushy. I believe his name was Alan. The reason I didn't give a higher rating for ambience was that we had to change tables because of lack of leg room. The second table/booth wasn't much better. (I have long legs). And we were seated near a larger room that was being used for a dinner meeting so there was some distracting noise. But still, I would definitely go back and will!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good findOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/24/2014A good neighborhood Italian. Surprising interior but very nice. Good place to eat on a monthly basis.Special Features:
- Always great!SusanVIPDined on 5/13/2014I love dining here for lunch meetings. They take reservations and the noise level is low so you can hear each other talk. The food is very good .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No RushSlky2010Dined on 5/11/2014As I was scheduled to work on Mother's Day, I debated how and or where to honor my mom with a dinner. I knew she needed to be close to home so she wouldn't have far to drive. I also know her eating habits and wanted some reasonable choices that would accommodate her tastes. J. Razzo's seemed to be the answer. I immediately made a reservation online with Open Table. Upon arriving, we were immediately greeted and seated. Our server was truly attentive, helpful, and cordial the entire dinner. We ordered wine, a fish special, chicken piccata, and a shrimp pasta. The salads were fresh with homemade dressings. The bread sticks were soft and hot. We even celebrated with coffee and a shared tiramisu! It was so pleasant!Special Features:
- Good food, service just okaycaseyyummDined on 5/11/2014We went here for Mother's Day and had a party of 6. The evening started out pretty well, the server was responsive. As the meal went on, I felt it started to get rough. I thought the appetizers were small and overpriced. The other thing is when we ordered our meal, the server said salad, soup, caesar salad, making it seem like the salad was part of the meal. When we got the bill, each item was $3 extra. I would have said, would you like a salad, soup or caesar salad with that meal? I just thought it was sleazy to do that. We also just felt the server was non existent later.Special Features:
- The following 232 reviews are from the J. Razzo's reviews archive.
- Same as always- great!JackDined on 4/28/2014John has created a true neighborhood gem. The good was fabulous, the service very good and the overall experience was as expected- exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OkOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/26/2014The service was great - very friendly waitress and great host. Food was just ok. The menu wasnt detailed enough. I ordered the filet and it came covered in mushrooms. I am allergic to mushrooms so this was not good for me. They did go ahead and make me a new meal...but it would have saved time and hassle if the menu had just stated that the dish was smothered in mushrooms. Again - great service, just wasnt terribly impressed with the food.
- A GREAT FIND IN PLAIN VIEW, ENJOY!pandaDined on 4/23/2014We have eaten at J. Razzo's a number of times and the food is consistently good as is the service. We frequently bring guest there. There were 4 of us this last time and we all enjoyed our meals. We enjoyed the art around the room also. It adds a classy touch. We understand there is a J. Razzo's in Westfield and look forward to eating their too. The location is very convenient. Many people don't believe that you can have wonderful meal in a strip mall, but you can at J. Razzo's. We hope people will not be discourages from going there because of the US 31 being closed on up the highway. It is still easy to get their from any direction.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely will be back!mol44Dined on 4/19/2014My family and I went to J. Razzo's not really knowing what to expect, and we found it to be a very nice place with delicious food. Everyone in my party thoroughly enjoyed their meal. We ordered the Chicken Marsala, Pollo Gorgonzola, Chicken with Pesto Alfredo, and the Filet Medallions. All were to our liking - in fact I thought it was the best Italian dish I'd had in a long time. The prices were pretty reasonable, and they bring you bread, too. The restaurant itself was very nice inside, with an inviting atmosphere and fancy furnishings. I would recommend J. Razzo's to anyone.Special Features:
- Solid Italian foodcookerdudeVIPDined on 4/19/2014enjoyed the service and extensive menu. will definitely return soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surpriseNicoleDined on 4/18/2014All of our food and wine from the appetizers through the desserts was good with the exception of the main course. All of us loved everything but that. Two of us had fish, one had pasta and one had beef. Disappointed with that, but the appetizers were great and it was close by and convenient.Special Features:
- Tastelessfamilyof4Dined on 4/18/2014Ordered 2 different veal entrée's. The piccata tasted like the veal was smothered in flour and heated up in a skillet. Completely missing were the lemon & wine essences expected. I ordered some lemons to zest up the piccata, but there wasn't much that would cover up the flour. The veal marsala must have been prepared the same, heavily floured, and the sauce & mushrooms were tasteless. The over buttered breadsticks were doughy. The recommended wine had an off-tasting metallic flavor, that we left unfinished. When I asked for the lemons, the server asked if there was an issue. I mentioned the flavorless piccata. Later she mentioned she relayed our comments to owner & chef, but that was the end of that! For the same price, go to Ambrosia
- Dinner at J. RazzocjmrdDined on 4/13/2014We have been here several times for dinner. The food is always excellent and served quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Predictably great!JackDined on 4/11/2014As always, dinner was superb, service was excellent and John's presence made the experience great as always. J Razzo's is a better version of Salvatore's.Special Features:
- Fair Dining ExperienceMelvinDined on 3/19/2014Our waiter and waitress were very good about checking with us and keeping water glasses filled. The "fair" rating is mostly for the food. Both our dishes were very bland. Even taking more than half of my shrimp scampi home and doctoring it up didn't help much. My sister had the chicken marsala and did not enjoy hers, either. We dine out a lot -- at very nice restaurants and also the more moderately-priced ones so feel that we have a good slate to compare eateries. This was definitely mid-pack or lower.
- Friendly staff, forgettable entreesamydVIPDined on 3/15/2014We attended for "Northside Nights" and got the Short Rib Ragut and the Red Snapper. The Ragut was a little bland, and the fish was overpowered by the lemon sauce. Salads were quite good, and the breadsticks were fantastic. Not a place I would go out of my way for, but I might try a different dish if I happened to be hungry and in the neighborhood.
- Great birthday dinner!MicroDined on 3/13/2014Had a wonderful meal at J. Razzo's for my birthday! Scott was a very patient server who entertained all my daughter's questions about the menu and kept us well-stocked with bread and drinks. Food was fantastic and we all had plenty to take home with us afterwards.Special Features:
- Best angel hairFishersRunnerDined on 3/8/2014Went for Northside Nights, but ordered from regular menu. Good wine selection priced slightly less than similar restaurants. Spicy Italian sausage was excellent over angel hair pasta. Calamari appetizer was lightly breaded and tasty. Attentive waitress. Only criticism - we were seated near the door. Every time the door opened, cold wind came in. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful FindEMerlotsDined on 3/8/2014My wife and I went here for the first time. We were very pleased with the food, the service, the ambiance and the price. Alan the waiter was one of the best we have encountered in a long time. The food was perfectly prepared and fresh from the kitchen. The wine choices are excellent and extremely well priced. Would go back at a heart beat. NolandSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant SurpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/6/2014The food here was fabulous... Everything was prepared to perfection and the Mushroom Salad is to die for!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night outDinoDined on 2/21/2014Got a chance to take my wife out for dinner and decided to go to J. Razzo's Ambiance is nice and loved the music, light jazz and upbeat. My wife order the tilapia with white wine and capers. She loved it. I ordered the linguini Carbonara. Nice presentation but it had no flavor. Very bland. Not something I would order again. Staff was very pleasant and prompt. Surprisingly inexpensive with drinks and dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The tatsy appetizers and breadlmaaDined on 2/16/2014The tatsy appetizers and bread had us eagerly awaiting our entrees. Sadly, they did not hit the mark.