12501 N Meridian Street
Carmel, IN 46032Neighborhood:
Carmel / Westfield
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.jrazzos.com/
- Phone: (317) 844-9333
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Chef Joe
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout
- Catering: Our catering menu will help you choose the perfect food for your next event. Remember everyone loves Italian.
- Private Party Facilities: Our private dining room seats up to 44 people. We would love to assist you with your next function Our location is ideal for your guests and always plenty of free parking.
- Private Party Contact: John Perazzo 3178449333
A word from J. Razzo's
Old World flavors in a New World Decor.We are serving all of your favorite Italian dinners, including Chicken Parmesan,Lasagna, Tilipia Piccata.We have an extensive wine list to compliment your meal.All served in a modern gorgeous environment by friendly helpful servers.Continued
Our private dining room is perfect for business meetings,family reunions,rehearsal dinners or any other event.
Our private dining room is perfect for business meetings,family reunions,rehearsal dinners or any other event.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
J. Razzo's - Best Restaurants in Carmel / Westfield ›
J. Razzo's reviews from OpenTable diners
64 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (40)good for groups (28)special occasion (28)fit for foodies (27)romantic (16)great for lunch (16)kid-friendly (12)notable wine list (10)great for outdoor dining (4)late-night find (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- Excellent as alwaysSusanVIPDined on 11/10/2014Their food is consistently very good. Friendly and attentive staff. I always enjoy dinning at this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoverofSpumoniDined on 11/6/2014The food is excellent, made from fresh ingredients and served hot, service is superb and overall a very memorable experience. The lasagna is outstanding! We will return again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little slice of heavenDjeffsDined on 11/1/2014Service was unsurpassed and the food was wonderful. A great little gem tucked away in a strip mall with an authentic Italian vibe. You can tell the owner has poured his life into J Razzo's. You won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW!BunnyVIPDined on 10/31/2014We enjoyed everything about our visit to J Razzo's. The food was delicious, the atmosphere contemporary but not sterile and the service superb. The madjool dates stuffed with sausage and wrapped in bacon were a perfect way to begin our meal. My husband ordered the "deconstructed" ravioli, a generous portion of homemade pasta, perfect for a night when the temps were in the 30's with light snow showers. I ordered one of the special fish offerings, Florida red snapper with fried shrimp and a side of angelhair pasta with house Ragu. Excellent. We completed our dinner by sharing tiramisu, as good as any I have had anywhere. In summary, a creative menu, fairly priced, great service and lovely atmosphere. Bring your friends. Great wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will not return!!KatomineDined on 10/31/2014After reading some reviews I was excited to surprise my husband with what I thought was a neighborhood gem fit for foodies. Unfortunately, we were both very disappointed!! Food was less than average. Won't be back!!
- Good for business lunchesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014I've not eaten there for dinner yet. But I take clients and the there a lot. It's good service, good and consistent menu, and the right size tables and rooms for all group sizes.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceIndysharkVIPDined on 10/21/2014J Razzo's keeps providing good food and service. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistent.IndyDinersDined on 10/18/2014You can count on J. Razzo's to always be consistent. Their food and service are top notch and we always have a very enjoyable experience when we dine there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid EstablishmentMikePDined on 10/18/2014We go there often - great food at reasonable prices with solid service. If you enjoy Italian food you should give this place a try. The location and ambiance are not "outstanding" but everything else is worth the visit. The $35 dinner for two is an outstanding bargain.Special Features:
- THE BESTEMMACARDined on 10/17/2014Coming from the east, I have a expectations for Italian food and Razzo's met every one. Had the BEST Grouper I have every had any place, it should have been put on a VERY SPECIAL list.Special Features:
- RazzosPRfoodDined on 10/17/2014Best italian place in town. Excellent breadsticks and a number of good variations of italian standards. Love the sausage and spinach pasta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite restaurant in Indy!USCMYellowRoseDined on 10/16/2014My Marine & I moved to Carmel four years ago and were searching for a restaurant that could become our special "date night" retreat. We tried so many and never found one that we both loved until we found J. Razzo's. The food is melt-in-your-mouth delicious, the service has always been absolutely outstanding, the staff is courteous and respectful, the music is soft and nice. The wine list is wonderful and the desserts are to die for. If you want a quiet, romantic retreat for you and your beloved, J. Razzo's is it; however, if you want a great place to take your group of friends, J. Razzo's can accommodate that as well! You will LOVE this restaurant and will become addicted like we have. Unwind, indulge, enjoy. Tell them Camille sent you!Special Features:
- SatisfactorysoozrDined on 10/15/2014Went for their anniversary special, $35 for an appetizer, 2 salads, 2 entrees and a dessert. Really liked the sausage and peppers appetizer, and the chocolate gelato for dessert. Salad was OK and my entree, open faced ravioli was OK as well. I did like the jalapenos in the tomato cream sauce. My husband's manicotti seemed a bit dry and the sauce was almost like tomato paste, so thick! Waiter seemed too busy as we waited for our dessert a long time, but he was pleasant enough. Even the bread, which looked delicious, was rather tasteless. Not sure I'd return.
- good foodcindianaVIPDined on 10/15/2014& plenty of it but hate the seating - we always fight over facing out or facing inSpecial Features:
- Try the DatesHenriettaDined on 9/30/2014Our waiter suggested the dates stuffed with Italian Sausage and wrapped with bacon - excellent starter! We both enjoyed our entrees and had enough for lunch the next day. Our waiter was very attentive but not overly attentive. It was a challenge to find the restaurant especially for a tourist with all the construction but it was definitely worth the search.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful, downtrot areaKevinJDined on 9/27/2014Construction has limited the people traveling here to eat but it's 100% worth it.food was EXCELLENT and service just as wonderful definitely a fantastic high class place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food much much better than decorOldBobVIPDined on 9/23/2014hard to get there but food definitely worth the effort.Special Features:
- Good food and friendly staffIndysharkVIPDined on 9/23/2014I thought the food was a little slow for a Tuesday evening, but the restaurant was busier than I expected. The wait staff lived up to its normal friendly and helpful tradition, and the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedTottenhamDined on 9/19/2014My wife and I chose the restaurant based on some reviews we read and were very disappointed. My wife chose the duck risotto that was poorly presented and had no flavor to it. It looked like a runny dirty brown broth. I had the chicken pasta with Gorgonzola and you could not taste the cheese and the walnuts tasted stale. The service was poor and the waitress brought my wife's entree while she was still halfway through her appetizer! We shall not be returning to the restaurant.
- Consistently goodSusanVIPDined on 9/10/2014The food is good, it is quiet enough that you can hear your guests speak, the service is attentive and friendly and the prices are reasonable. This is my first choice when having lunch out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian AccentPrincessDined on 8/30/2014Very authentic Itslian food- great sauces- We will be back! This restaurant is in a strip mall and the decor is a big surprise . It is beautiful.Special Features:
- DisappointingIndyDinerVIPDined on 8/29/2014We read great reviews if this restaurant on-line and were anxious to check it out. The marinated olives were too tart. They ran out of lettuce so only one of us could have a salad. The talipia had a thick sauce that looked like cream if chiCken soup and had no flavor. My husband's pasta was mushy and very over cooked and the chicken Marsala had a thick gravy with no flavor. Very nice waiter and staff, but the food was very disappointing and not worth the $70 we spent. We will not go back.
- Consistently Good Food and ServiceIndysharkVIPDined on 8/29/2014J. Razzo's just keeps providing good food and service. We often try different foods, and they are all good. Add the great service, and this is hard to beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Remains the bestJackDined on 8/22/2014Food was excellent as always and the service was tremendous. Anyone who likes neighborhood Italian has to try it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- quiet, romantic dinnerPartyOf8Dined on 8/22/2014Our server Jan was attentive & friendly. The food was was very flavorful. We recommend the wedge salad, Tomato basil soup, Seared scallops. Everything was brought out in a timely manner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!vickimDined on 8/16/2014J.Razzo's has something for everyone...great food, wine and desserts!Special Features:
- outstandingArnieVIPDined on 8/15/2014Eggplant Pamag and Chicken Veneto with sliced chicken and pistachio nuts the old way are outstanding.Special Features:
- Consistently Good Food and ServiceIndysharkVIPDined on 8/13/2014You can't beat good consistently great food and service. J. Razzo's just keeps producing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BU1975Dined on 8/9/2014We've been coming to J Razzo's for several years. The food and service are always exceptional and I highly recommend the restaurant as the best Italian restaurant in Indianapolis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great wine prices and selectionBeachLov3rVIPDined on 8/8/2014With US 31 construction, the community has been asked to patronize the restaurants affected by the detours. J. Razzo's was one mentioned and we had never heard of it before. What a treat! Fabulous food, great wine list, beautiful decor and knowledgeable wait staff. We were amazed at the reasonable prices and that includes the excellent wine list. Highly recommend and from the looks of things, a west side Carmel favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently good food and quietSusanVIPDined on 8/4/2014I love this place to dine for lunch. The food is good. We’ve had several pasta dishes and their pizzas. The food is priced well and you can hear your business lunch guests! The restaurant is consistently clean.Special Features:
- ShipVIPDined on 8/1/2014Great food, especially the breadsticks! Very reasonable prices for the quality of the food. Great service. New fave Italian!Special Features:
- The following 243 reviews are from the J. Razzo's reviews archive.
- favorite local place to gofrankVIPDined on 7/25/2014J. Razzos is a consistent Italian Restaurant. This is our favorite local place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well Doneasdf1234VIPDined on 7/25/2014Long time itialian restraunteer had it dialed in. Food was very flavorful and the prices were sweet. Presentaion was excellent and the service was wonderful.Special Features:
- Comfortable ChoiceSlky2010Dined on 7/21/2014My brother from Houston was visiting and it being his last night in town, I was looking for a dependable spot for dinner. Since I had to work, I decided to make reservations for my mom, brother, and myself. The construction on highway 31 has played some havoc with their business so it also felt right to help keep this restaurant afloat. The wine selection is varied, the salads are always chill and crisp. and I have loved their accommodating way of making a special chicken dish. My brother had the arriabata penne, my mom had fish, and I had a chicken piccata.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/5/2014Food and service was very good with the exception of finding a piece of wire in one of the entries. Server apologized and gave a dessert as compensation which came up short in my opinion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Food @ Great PriceSoccerl618VIPDined on 7/2/2014You can always get a seat at this awesome restaurant. It's a neighborhood gem with consistently great food and service.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014Restaurant is excellent, John and staff treat everone as company.Special Features:
- WonderfulAdriDined on 6/6/2014The food was excellent. Our waiter was so helpful and nice but not pushy. I believe his name was Alan. The reason I didn't give a higher rating for ambience was that we had to change tables because of lack of leg room. The second table/booth wasn't much better. (I have long legs). And we were seated near a larger room that was being used for a dinner meeting so there was some distracting noise. But still, I would definitely go back and will!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good findTomCVIPDined on 5/24/2014A good neighborhood Italian. Surprising interior but very nice. Good place to eat on a monthly basis.Special Features: