J. Michaels Tuscan Steakhouse of Northport
688 Fort Salonga Road
Northport, NY 11768Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
J. Michaels Tuscan Steakhouse of Northport
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.jmichaelstuscansteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 6316519411
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Brunch: Sunday: 10:30am - 1:30pm September thru Mother's Day
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Vincent P. Michaels
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Ben Laiacona 6316519411
- Entertainment: We have Jazz and Soft Rock duos on Monday and Thursday nightsstarting at 7PM.
A word from J. Michaels Tuscan Steakhouse of Northport
Welcome to J. Michaels Tuscan Steakhouse. An innovative combination of rustic Italian food and Prime dry aged steak and chops.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
J. Michaels Tuscan Steakhouse of Northport - Best Restaurants in Northport ›
J. Michaels Tuscan Steakhouse of Northport reviews from OpenTable diners
24 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (20)romantic (14)fit for foodies (10)neighborhood gem (7)notable wine list (4)good for groups (3)late-night find (3)great for brunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- DinnerDinnerVIPDined on 2/1/2014Ate here for first time. Food was outstanding as was the service. Lobster Meatballs were amazing and very unique. We both had the aged steaks and they were outstanding. Food portions are generous so items can easily be split which is good given the $$$ is quite high. We sat downstairs and I would recommend this over upstairs if given a choice. Upstairs seemed more loud and not as quiet/romantic if that is what you are looking for. All in all a great experience and one of the best steaks I've had. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FeedbackHuntDined on 2/1/2014I was disappointed by the environment. It is a tiny place and the acoustics are poor. The servers are excellent and food was all very good. It is pricey though for what it is. I don't think the prices are justified.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than TuscanyoptimysticVIPDined on 1/31/2014We have eaten multiple times at this unique Steakhouse. The steaks are aged and the wait staff extremely knowledgeable. Always good advice on unique wines found by owner and at reasonable prices (for a steak house and uniqueness) Many inventive appetizers a real comfort restaurant to relax, celebrate, or just leave feeling better than you went in.Special Features:
- ExceptionalNomers377Dined on 1/31/2014Fine dining and traditional steak house elegance paired with exceptionally well prepared food equals a divine night in the charming romantic ambiance of this quaint establishment. Love!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Five-star kitchen worth the $$$$$!SteveBDined on 1/29/2014If you believe that 5-star food is worth five-$ cost, you need to dine (not just eat) here ... both family and special friend(s) will appreciate your taking them there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- chocolate mousse heavensteakofileDined on 1/28/2014We enjoyed our first visit to J. Michaels. Lovely ambiance. The lobster bisque was delicious and enough to be split between two people, which the waiter offered to do for us. The steak was good... not the best we ever had, but good. The star of the meal was the chocolate mousse cake which we also shared.... it was heaven on earth! Would recommend as long as you're prepared to spend $200 per couple (and that's without a bar bill).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mangia!KillerDined on 1/25/2014This place is great. Wonderful food and great service. It feels like you walked into Tony Soprano's favorite haunt, in a good way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- When the water was broughtrochambeauDined on 1/17/2014When the water was brought over to our table warm it was just a start of things gone wrong. The waiter then comes over and says he is printing the wine list. The waiter brings over a bottle of white that is 18 years old. The wine looked oxidized in the bottle. When the wine list was finally presented to us there were not many choices for us to pick from. We noticed Moet & Chandon "Dom Perignon' 1999 on the list and picked that one. They presented Moet & Chandon Brut Imperial. With a lot of apologies we decided not to stay as we had enough of their bumbles and mistakes. We got up and left. This was our first time to the restaurant and expected great things after reading so much about the restaurant. A total disappointment.
- Enjoyed everythingIlikefoodDined on 1/4/2014We recently went on a busy Sat night. Sat at the bar and had a couple drinks while waiting for our table. Bartender "Rich" was very helpful. Our table was not ready for our reservation so Rich showed us a menu and offered some suggestions for dinner. I could not decide which red wine by the glass I wanted so Rich let me sample a couple that he recommended. Dinner was excellent. Service was spot on. We started with an antipasto tray and had the beef short ribs as an appetizer. Phenomenal! Short ribs were flavorful and the beef so tender. Husband and son had the sirloin for 2 and I had the Chilean sea bass. My husband could not remember when he had eaten a better steak. My sea bass was perfect. The portion was large; excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over priced fareNoahDined on 1/4/2014The drinks are good, the steaks are excellent if you like medium rare. If you like your meat more done, be prepared to send it back. The sides are overpriced and come to the table cold as do the supposedly hot appetizers. The coffee is also weak and served cold. All in all, if I want to drop a touch over a hundred per diner, I'll go to the Mill Pond Inn in Centerport or the Blackstone Steakhouse in Melville.
- Best New Year's EverBobyank7VIPDined on 12/31/2013The problem with dining out at even the best restaurants on New Year's Eve is that they're crowded, you get rushed, the food isn't up to its usual quality and overall it can be very mediocre. This was NOT the case at J. Michael's. We have eaten here before and the food, service and ambience are always superior and they pulled it off even better than usual on New Year's. The steaks, lobster meatballs, clams, shrimp cocktail, side dishes, dessert...everything was perfect. It wasn't overly crowded and we had a wonderful dinner, capped off by visits from both Jay and Vinny as well as complimentary champagne to bring in the New Year. J Michaels deserves its high rating as one of the best restaurants on Long Island. I can't wait to go back again.Special Features:
- Comparison to Finest SteakhousesDonQDined on 12/31/2013Porterhouse was very good. Choice of appetizers and desserts were poor. Clams were disappointing.Bread needs to be significantly upgraded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChaoticJimmyDined on 12/28/2013It was a chaotic experience. Once we got our drinks, it took 45 minutes until appetizers and an additional hour for our main course, The meat was overcooked and dry. I will have to think twice before I return or recommend it to others.Special Features:
- Best steak on LIifalcoVIPDined on 12/27/2013Best pasta also. Always Al-Dente. But will always accommodate however you want it cooked. Great service as always. Benny always does an outstanding job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, but not outstandinginsnoutsVIPDined on 12/24/2013The steaks were excellent, but not the best. Service was very attentive but felt like there were too many hands in the pot (servers were eager to take our order and to check in but it created some confusion--some things fell through the cracks). Some appetizers/sides were superb (braised short ribs) but tomato mozzarella salad was just good (at $22!). Wine list was limited--the "French and Italian" list contained only Italian, mostly Chianti. I know it's a Tuscan steakhouse, but why so many chiantis and so little else from Tuscany? Overall, steaks were delicious but not memorable and service was attentive, but confused. This is a very classy place to go for a special dinner, but for the price, I would expect it to be more exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousElaineVIPDined on 11/23/2013Great food and service. Can't wait to return. My bone in filet was outstanding, as was my husbands meatballs.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experience.CliffDined on 11/21/2013Very lovely time, every course was prepared and presented with care and passion. Food is exceptional. Prices are expensive figure $480.00 for two couples for dinner, including the tip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- When my reservation was beingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/16/2013When my reservation was being confirmed, the person from the restaurant was warning me that the restaurant is going to be very crowded and noisy so he wanted me to be aware of this before we come. I should have cancelled my reservation right then and there. The food was as good as a diner and the prices were like you were in a restaurant in Manhattan. I was really disappointed in this place because the reviews were very good. A lot of things we had were burned, such as my husbands steak for $45 which was suppose to be aged but was very hard and not tender, and our bread, was charcoaled as well as the burned hash browns. I do not recommend this place and would never go back. We wanted to leave as soon as possible.
- Great food, poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/2/2013The food and ambience was great. The service was fair. Our waiter barely came to the table to check on us. He never asked us how the food was or if we wanted another drink. The person in charge of cleaning the tables was more attentive to us. This was unfortunate because the restaurant itself is very nice and the food was delicious. However, the service was very disappointing, so much that I doubt we will ever go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Meal - ExpensiveAmazingVIPDined on 10/25/2013Everything we had was delicious but a lot of it because of the amount of oil, cheese, or butter. The steak was excellent, but this was the most expensive meal Ive had on L.I. in 8 years and without any lobster or caviar or Fois Grois etc.... that just did seem right.Special Features:
- Food was very good and ourMickeyDined on 10/23/2013Food was very good and our waiter was outstanding.Def will be heading backSpecial Features:
- Service great. Food average.MollyDined on 9/28/2013Service great. Food average. Steak was very expensive, overcooked and lacked flavor.Special Features:
- good was expecting GREATnannymimiVIPDined on 9/28/2013The service was outstanding. The restaurant was very crowded,and we had a table right next to the bar,whe I asked for a quiet place as I was entertaining another couple. The food was pricey, ,and some dishes did not come up to standad ex..lobster meatball (3) small had lots of filling and was $20. A glass f wine was accidently spilled($15) and not replaced.Special Features:
- Excellent experienceoccasionaldiner2Dined on 9/22/2013Tony and his staff made you feel right at home and they were very accomodating. I intended to split my appetizer (string bean salad with scallops - the BEST scallops I ever had, and I order them wherever I go) but neglected to mention it and the appetizer came already split on two plates!Special Features:
- Great service but...DaveVIPDined on 9/21/2013My wife ordered the filet and really enjoyed it while my friend had the tune special. I ordered the sole almondine which was ok but not great. The bread was unbelievably good. Tiramisu for dessert was better than your typical fair. Servers were very attentive but kept interrupting our conversation. We definitely got the feeling that they did not want us to linger though everyone was very nice. Once the place gets full this is a loud and energetic place. The head waiter was very entertaining but you need a sense of humor.Special Features:
- Great Birthday dinnerloriyogaDined on 9/14/2013We had a lovely evening at JMichaels. The steak was excellent, lovely wine list and very sincere and well-informed waiter. We sat near the bar and enjoyed the background music. Pricey, but worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/13/2013Probably the most overpriced of any steak house i've ever eaten at Won't go backSpecial Features:
- Noisy steakOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/7/2013Food & service were very good. 2nd level dining room too noisy. Not sure the price is justified.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way too pricey! The steaksChristineDined on 8/31/2013Way too pricey! The steaks were just OK, The ambiance is terrible ( especially if you sit upstairs). The service was attentive but the waiter was a little pushy. We had two appetizers, one mixed drink and one virgin Bloody Mary, two steaks, two dessert and it was $300! This place does not call for these prices. Same food ( I think better), way better ambiance and equal service at both Insignia and Prime - and the same meal would cost $200! Save your money and go somewhere else!Special Features:
- Food ,service and ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/31/2013Food ,service and ambiance were 5 star Great touch was car was washed and doggie bag was in car waiting for you Looking foward to going againSpecial Features:
- Wow!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/30/2013We had a wonderful experience from the time we sat down until the minute we left! The waitstaff is the most attentive out of any place I've ever been. The food got better as the courses progressed. Your treated like a regular the first time you go. Will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ExperienceJoe1Dined on 8/28/2013We dine out often and are happy to say this was a great experience. Food was great and the service was the best I have experienced (friendly, proper, attentive, and gave you the feeling they were happy to be there and serve you). Nice touches such as sorbet before main course, friendly valet parking, leftovers placed in your car while you have dessert. Would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An amazing dining experience!yayjaDined on 8/24/2013The best dining experience I've ever had! The food was to die for and the service was wonderful! My husband and I were blown away by how great everything taste. We also had many good laughs with our server Tony. It's pricey but worth ever penny!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service great food.shellsamVIPDined on 8/21/2013I first heard of this restaurant when I was at a fundraiser in the Fall and I always wanted to eat there. I went Wednesday and I just loved everything about it. The food, the atmosphere, service were all impeccable. I can't wait to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpectacularifalcoVIPDined on 8/17/2013The food is the best. A must try at least once in your lifetime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BOUTIQUE STEAKHOUSEOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/9/2013ASIDE FROM THE FOOD BEING EXCEPTIONAL AND THE AMBIENCE GORGEOUS, THE PERSONALIZED TOUCHES GIVEN BY WAIT STAFF AND OWNER ARE UNLIKE ANY OTHER RESTAURANT ON LONG ISLANDSpecial Features:
- Memorable evening!JanineVIPDined on 8/9/2013Food, service, wine and most noteably - the amazing bread!!!! All were outstanding. The owner Vinny was attentive and friendly and made us feel like we were with family! Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- J MartinMrtn7229Dined on 8/9/2013Food and service are excellent,but the dinning area is very loud.Special Features:
- Fabulous!CatsDined on 6/24/2013My husband and I received a warm welcome from the owner. It was refreshing to be treated so kindly from the valet to all of the staff. The Porterhouse melted in our mouths and the lobster meatballs are not to be believed, They are out of this world! The wine recommendation was perfect and we look forward to going back. Listening to Sinatra added a perfect touch to the experience. I will recommend highly and will be referring J Michaels often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDING!lynnsueVIPDined on 6/21/2013The ultimate dining experience! Besides the food being incredible and the ambiance wonderful, the staff pays attention to every detail...including the valet! We cannot wait to bring friends! Probably the best restaurant on LI!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.