J. Liu Restaurant & Bar of Worthington
6880 North High Street
Worthington, OH 43085Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
J. Liu Restaurant & Bar of Worthington
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.jliurestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6148881818
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm Sunday Dinner: 2:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Steven Kelly
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: We have an amazing private ballroom with the capacity to seat 200+ guest. We also offer several other smaller options for groups from 25 up to 40. We offer a wide variety of options for your menu selection. Please call for availability for larger parties.
- Private Party Contact: Todd Brown or Rebekka Rebar (614)888-1818
- Cross Street: Wilson Bridge Street
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: J. Liu offers over 78 parking spaces 24 hours seven days a week on its private lot surrounding the building and toward the back of National City Bank. After 6 pm and all day on the weekends patrons may park at all surrounding lots including National City Bank, Primrose School, CF Bank, and across the street at Huntington Bank. J. Liu provides valet service complimentary for limited lunches and dinners
A word from J. Liu Restaurant & Bar of Worthington
J. Liu Restaurant and Bar of Worthington offers superb culinary creations served within an eclectic setting. Refined and stylish yet relaxed and comfortable. The experienced staff is dedicated to exceeding the expectations of every guest. J. Liu is eager to work with you in every way possible to ensure a most memorable experience. Uncompromising quality, understated elegance, attention to detail, outstanding service and "Something Great For Everyone", only at J. Liu of Worthington!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
J. Liu Restaurant & Bar of Worthington reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (26)special occasion (22)fit for foodies (20)neighborhood gem (18)great for brunch (17)great for lunch (13)romantic (11)notable wine list (11)great for outdoor dining (9)hot spot (6)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- excellent happy hour!misscarlaDined on 10/10/2014Our visit was an enjoyable one. Started at happy hour in the bar & loved the happy hour offerings. Service was great. On to dinner & our waitress was wonderful . Food was delicious & we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Venue for all eventsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014The owner and staff make you feel very welcome and the food is always excellentSpecial Features:
- Great Meal & Service!!!JockoDined on 10/3/2014My fiancé, my parents, and myself had a 6:45 pm reservation on a Friday night. We were seated immediately and our server was prompt in bringing us water and asking if we were ready for some additional drinks. We had the Sesame Chicken, Mongolian Beef, Shrimp Diavolo, & Shrimp Risotto. Every single plate was absolutely delicious, as evidenced by all the sharing that occurred. Our server was great, he always came by when we were ready for something but didn't come by too often. He was very friendly and charismatic! My fiancé and I have been going to J Liu's for years but this was my parents first visit. By the time we left they were already making plans to bring some friends here! Well done as always J Liu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- redberryDined on 10/3/2014Good service and food.Big wine list but glasses start at $8:00 a little pricey for most.Resturant needs a major makeover but very clean..Went for wedding anniversary and wifes birthday and was promised treat but it never came.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gemtsaemomDined on 10/3/2014What a fantastic restaurant! Amazing food, great service, beautiful ambiance! We will be back very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/2/2014Since 2 of the party needed gluten free food we were happy that you have a special menu and can accommodate our needs. Our server was very helpful and immediately returned and replaced an order that came out wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mikehaDined on 10/1/2014Wonderful all around except the waitress we had was pretty uppity, shorty and unfriendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary celebrationBuckeyegal2009Dined on 9/23/2014I made reservations on Open Table and had no problems with seating. The service was good but slow. I had drained my water and waited about 20 minutes before the server noticed we needed more water. The server seemed busy so he came around less to the table than I would have liked. The food was delicious. Two of us got the Pad Thai and enjoyed it. Two others got the Chicken Milanese and thoroughly enjoyed that too. My mother in law got the special with flat iron steak and finished her meal. My husband celebrated our anniversary here and always enjoy the quality of food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fine for a business lunchfritzy30Dined on 9/22/2014Very good food and attentive service, but a bit on the noisy side. We were in a hurry, so we did not mind the somewhat rushed lunch service. We'll be back.
- Easterbunny46VIPDined on 9/21/2014We had an eclectic group and everyone found something they wanted for dinner. The server was very accommodating, and the food was great.Special Features:
- service was below expectationWorDinerDined on 9/19/2014Food was excellent as usual, but service left a lot to be desired. Waitress never made it back to our table after taking our order except to give us the bill. Had been trying to catch her eye 1/2 way through dinner for drink refills and never did get any...second half of our meal only had water. Will not go again on a Friday night. Had much better service on a quiet Sunday afternoon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- J. Liu was a must stop!CaseyVIPDined on 9/16/2014This place exceeded expectations and was great. we ate at the bar and the girls behind the bar were so friendly and helpful. Food was perfect and great beer selection as well. do recommend highly. ConsumerMarineSupply.comSpecial Features:
- Perfect for a special occasionfamilydinneroutDined on 8/31/2014We were there for a 50th birthday brunch with family and our kids. Our waiter was great, the buffet was wonderful, and everyone loved the food. From a very large buffet, only a couple small problems. The English muffins under the eggs benedict were too hard, and unable to cut, and half of my party had waffles that were great, but half had waffles that were also hard and hard to cut. Overall we loved it, and can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Crab Salad was great.JayneVIPDined on 8/30/2014Had a wonderful lunch in the lovely bar area. Service was very good.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/29/2014We visited on the Friday before Labor Day at about 7:30 PM and the restaurant was less than 25% filled. The waiter indicated a new menu in recent weeks. The food was good and the wait service was very good. We enjoyed the quiet and privacy of our evening. The price was reasonable.Special Features:
- IheartfoodDined on 8/26/2014Best reisling in town and food for any palate! Love j. Liu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- out of town guestsjpatt857Dined on 8/23/2014I had several guests from out of town and I wanted to take them somehwere unique to the area. I had been to this restaurant before and loved the food and vibrant atmosphere. My experience this time was somewhat different. There was hardly a soul in the restaurant and the vibe was ruined by the noise coming from the event that was being held upstairs. The loud music and dancing that was going on above us was distracting and at times made it hard to hear the conversations at my table. The food was also not as good as I remember. Maybe the place just had an off night but I was disappointed and don't think my guests were as impressed as I was hoping they would be.Special Features:
- Wrong orderMelissaDined on 8/23/2014We visited this restaurant this past Saturday night on a date night, which are few and far between with 3 kids. We had only been to this restaurant for a wedding so this was our first dining experience. We waited too long for our food and when it came out my husbands buffalo chicken was on the wrong salad (a Greek salad with feta, olives and buffalo chicken) the server asked of he wanted to pick the chicken off and put it on the correct salad or of he wanted new chicken. Well he just kept it as is because we were already on a time crunch since the food took too long in the first place. No one offered a free dessert or anything for the mix up. We will not be back.
- JoJoDined on 8/23/2014As always, great food, great service, nice atmosphere!Special Features:
- Easterbunny46VIPDined on 8/21/2014We went for happy hour - great selection of drink and appetizer specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meh...brendagishDined on 8/16/2014Not a fan. Sat down and every bread and butter plate was filthy. Silverware still had food on it. Strange décor that was a mishmash of a bunch of styles. Kinda like their menu, which is all over the place - Italian, Thai, American, Chinese. Very dark interior. Service was ok. Our waitress was in the weeds, despite it being only 5:15pm. Asked for water, had to send the glasses back - guess why? Dirty. We really should have just left. I had Pad Thai and it was really a soup. There was so much sauce/broth that the noodles were floating. Taste was okay. I'm a huge Thai fan and this was pretty awful. The Italian dishes were just okay. We all left feeling like we had really made a big mistake in trying this place.
- Dinner with friendsluvfoodDined on 8/10/2014My friends from Siesta Key were in this week end and we took them to J Liu for dinner. They used to live in Worthington and had not been to the restaurant. They were very impressed and it was a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kareem is Kalon!ccooks4allDined on 8/10/2014Went to Sunday brunch with the whole family (7) and it was fabulous! The music took a while to get started and the food stations had no serving utensils so I wouldn't recommend going right at 11:00, maybe book a reservation a little later - once everything/everybody gets settled in. The food was great but our server made the whole experience for us - Kareem is terrific! The girls said he reminded them of Lumiere in the Beauty and the Beast. My sister just wanted to know if we could take him home with us. Very polite, very attentive - impeccable manners. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and thought the price ($19.95) was well worth it.Special Features:
- Disappointing EveningFrequentDinerVIPDined on 8/9/2014After not having been to this restaurant for quite a while we decided to give it another try. Dining room was not very busy on a Saturday evening at the time we were there. Service was OK. The appetizer was very good. However, in our opinion, the other items we ordered reflected a need for a review of some food preparation procedures in the kitchen. In all fairness, the manager was very willing to fix any problems, but I was hesitant to re-order anything. Very disappointing meals and a disappointing evening.
- KatebutlerslpDined on 8/7/2014Enjoyed the live jazz. Had the potato crusted tilapia and it was delicious. Decent gluten-free menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner was greatJayneVIPDined on 8/3/2014Crab cakes are delicious. The salad was complimentary to the crab.Special Features:
- Wonderful eveningJazz4uDined on 7/31/2014JLiu has great food and will accommodate families well. I loved the fact that when I made reservations online and then later called to add 2 extra people for a special occasion, they were wonderful about it. The live jazz after 5:30 was a very nice touch that complemented my celebration well! A night to remember...thanks JLiu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We did the special restaurant weekCheryl1122Dined on 7/25/2014menu and found the food and portions to be very good. Our only negative comment was that the lobster bisque could have been hotter. It was warm but should have been much hotter. The tilapia was very nicely done and the accompaniments of mashed potatoes and vegetables were also quite good. The flourless chocolate cake was wonderful. All in all, it was a very nice meal at a great price! The owner, J. Liu, stopped by our table right after we arrived to welcome us and to thank us for being there. He was very personable and talked to everybody. A "hands on" owner and manager is what makes this a great restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant weekTatorDined on 7/25/2014Had am amazing 3 course meal for restaurant week along with my girlfriend. Great options and something everyone would like. The service was pretty good but they were just really busy, but one of the nicest features is actually got to meet J. Liu who came out and visited with every table. I will definitely will be back here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot in Worthington!MatthewDined on 7/25/2014A wonderful surprise in Worthington, Ohio, this restaurant is an excellent choice for a nice evening out with your significant other or a quick bite after work. It has a wonderful wide range menu and great atmosphere throughout.Special Features:
- Bill67Dined on 7/23/2014This is my second visit to J. Lius, both times the food and service were excellent! I highly recommend the potato cakes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Left Over Pad ThaieatingoutincolumbusDined on 7/19/2014My husband and I have been to J Lui multiple times for special occasions. We usually get an order of pad thai and an order of Jasons chicken and share. This time though, my pad thai came out in a bowl, which I had never seen before - but may just be a new serving dish. However, as the pad thai usually has long noodles to wrap around the spoon, this time it was choppy and I had difficulty eating it with a fork. It reminded me of a left over portion and I was very turned off. I couldn't help feeling that I had gotten some thrown together meal and not one that was freshly prepared for me. Needless to say, we will be rethinking our next dining experience.Special Features:
- 97th Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/10/2014We always take my mother-in-law to J. Liu's for her birthday. This year was her 97 th! Everyone on the staff wished her a happy birthday. Our server even brought out a FREE dessert for us to share. We always have a great time at J. Liu's. It has become a family tradition.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jason, what has happened ?Cleveland53Dined on 7/8/2014Such a lovely looking restaurant, but just no consistency in the food or the service. It used to be so good-- now the wait staff is not engaged, and the food is so-so.
- The following 911 reviews are from the J. Liu Restaurant & Bar of Worthington reviews archive.
- bland foodBenderDined on 6/27/2014Great atmosphere but the food was bland and poor wine menu if you only want a single glassSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014We were at that Worthington restaurant on fathers day. The brunch was excellent and the service was super. Everyone was very friendly and accepted our 3 littke granddaughters. Thank you for very thing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paying for ambienceFanfareDined on 6/15/2014Finally I went to the J.liu. The food is good but definitely not worth the price. $154 for 3 adults and 3 kids, no alcohol. Most of the price is probably for ambience, not the food.Special Features:
- No such a great experienceluv2dineDined on 6/15/2014We went there for Father's day brunch. It was a buffet brunch. The restaurant was too crowded and there was a really long line for food. The food was mediocre for the price. Disappointing.Special Features:
- DinnerdinneroutDined on 6/13/2014This was the first time I had been to the J. Liu restaurant in Worthington. The Dublin venue is a fun, casual atmosphere. We were celebrating our 17th wedding anniversary and were looking for some affordable fine dining. I loved the red curtains that lined the West wall.The entrees were affordable and good, not overly fantastic, but worth the price. We felt the menu was a bit thin. The cheesecake was outstanding. I was a bit disappointed in the casualness of the other patrons. Some men had dress pants, collared shirts, and jackets and some ladies were in dress clothes, but some people were in shorts and ball caps... Not the romantic ambiance that I wanted for an anniversary. But, this would be a good pick for upscale, casual dining.Special Features:
- Not worth the $$OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/11/2014We dine out a lot. We viewed the menu on-line prior to visiting J Liu and were looking forward to a nice meal with family for a birthday celebration. We chose J Liu over Camerons because the variety of food seemed like it would be better for our group. We left wishing we would have gone to Camerons because we know that the food and service would have been worth the price paid. I think they need to take a look at who is managing their kitchen. Also had dirty dishes from appetizers that sat on our table throughout our entire meal.