J. Liu Restaurant & Bar of Worthington
6880 North High Street
Worthington, OH 43085Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
J. Liu Restaurant & Bar of Worthington
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.jliurestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6148881818
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm Sunday Dinner: 2:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Steven Kelly
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: We have an amazing private ballroom with the capacity to seat 200+ guest. We also offer several other smaller options for groups from 25 up to 40. We offer a wide variety of options for your menu selection. Please call for availability for larger parties.
- Private Party Contact: Todd Brown or Rebekka Rebar (614)888-1818
- Cross Street: Wilson Bridge Street
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: J. Liu offers over 78 parking spaces 24 hours seven days a week on its private lot surrounding the building and toward the back of National City Bank. After 6 pm and all day on the weekends patrons may park at all surrounding lots including National City Bank, Primrose School, CF Bank, and across the street at Huntington Bank. J. Liu provides valet service complimentary for limited lunches and dinners
A word from J. Liu Restaurant & Bar of Worthington
J. Liu Restaurant and Bar of Worthington offers superb culinary creations served within an eclectic setting. Refined and stylish yet relaxed and comfortable. The experienced staff is dedicated to exceeding the expectations of every guest. J. Liu is eager to work with you in every way possible to ensure a most memorable experience. Uncompromising quality, understated elegance, attention to detail, outstanding service and "Something Great For Everyone", only at J. Liu of Worthington!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
J. Liu Restaurant & Bar of Worthington - Best Restaurants in Worthington ›
J. Liu Restaurant & Bar of Worthington reviews from OpenTable diners
71 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (24)good for groups (21)great for brunch (21)fit for foodies (18)neighborhood gem (17)great for lunch (14)great for outdoor dining (12)romantic (10)notable wine list (9)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (4)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- J. Liu was a must stop!CaseyVIPDined on 9/16/2014This place exceeded expectations and was great. we ate at the bar and the girls behind the bar were so friendly and helpful. Food was perfect and great beer selection as well. do recommend highly. ConsumerMarineSupply.comSpecial Features:
- Perfect for a special occasionfamilydinneroutDined on 8/31/2014We were there for a 50th birthday brunch with family and our kids. Our waiter was great, the buffet was wonderful, and everyone loved the food. From a very large buffet, only a couple small problems. The English muffins under the eggs benedict were too hard, and unable to cut, and half of my party had waffles that were great, but half had waffles that were also hard and hard to cut. Overall we loved it, and can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Crab Salad was great.JayneVIPDined on 8/30/2014Had a wonderful lunch in the lovely bar area. Service was very good.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/29/2014We visited on the Friday before Labor Day at about 7:30 PM and the restaurant was less than 25% filled. The waiter indicated a new menu in recent weeks. The food was good and the wait service was very good. We enjoyed the quiet and privacy of our evening. The price was reasonable.Special Features:
- IheartfoodDined on 8/26/2014Best reisling in town and food for any palate! Love j. Liu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- out of town guestsjpatt857Dined on 8/23/2014I had several guests from out of town and I wanted to take them somehwere unique to the area. I had been to this restaurant before and loved the food and vibrant atmosphere. My experience this time was somewhat different. There was hardly a soul in the restaurant and the vibe was ruined by the noise coming from the event that was being held upstairs. The loud music and dancing that was going on above us was distracting and at times made it hard to hear the conversations at my table. The food was also not as good as I remember. Maybe the place just had an off night but I was disappointed and don't think my guests were as impressed as I was hoping they would be.Special Features:
- Wrong orderMelissaDined on 8/23/2014We visited this restaurant this past Saturday night on a date night, which are few and far between with 3 kids. We had only been to this restaurant for a wedding so this was our first dining experience. We waited too long for our food and when it came out my husbands buffalo chicken was on the wrong salad (a Greek salad with feta, olives and buffalo chicken) the server asked of he wanted to pick the chicken off and put it on the correct salad or of he wanted new chicken. Well he just kept it as is because we were already on a time crunch since the food took too long in the first place. No one offered a free dessert or anything for the mix up. We will not be back.
- JoJoDined on 8/23/2014As always, great food, great service, nice atmosphere!Special Features:
- Easterbunny46VIPDined on 8/21/2014We went for happy hour - great selection of drink and appetizer specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meh...brendagishDined on 8/16/2014Not a fan. Sat down and every bread and butter plate was filthy. Silverware still had food on it. Strange décor that was a mishmash of a bunch of styles. Kinda like their menu, which is all over the place - Italian, Thai, American, Chinese. Very dark interior. Service was ok. Our waitress was in the weeds, despite it being only 5:15pm. Asked for water, had to send the glasses back - guess why? Dirty. We really should have just left. I had Pad Thai and it was really a soup. There was so much sauce/broth that the noodles were floating. Taste was okay. I'm a huge Thai fan and this was pretty awful. The Italian dishes were just okay. We all left feeling like we had really made a big mistake in trying this place.
- Dinner with friendsluvfoodDined on 8/10/2014My friends from Siesta Key were in this week end and we took them to J Liu for dinner. They used to live in Worthington and had not been to the restaurant. They were very impressed and it was a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kareem is Kalon!ccooks4allDined on 8/10/2014Went to Sunday brunch with the whole family (7) and it was fabulous! The music took a while to get started and the food stations had no serving utensils so I wouldn't recommend going right at 11:00, maybe book a reservation a little later - once everything/everybody gets settled in. The food was great but our server made the whole experience for us - Kareem is terrific! The girls said he reminded them of Lumiere in the Beauty and the Beast. My sister just wanted to know if we could take him home with us. Very polite, very attentive - impeccable manners. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and thought the price ($19.95) was well worth it.Special Features:
- Disappointing EveningFrequentDinerVIPDined on 8/9/2014After not having been to this restaurant for quite a while we decided to give it another try. Dining room was not very busy on a Saturday evening at the time we were there. Service was OK. The appetizer was very good. However, in our opinion, the other items we ordered reflected a need for a review of some food preparation procedures in the kitchen. In all fairness, the manager was very willing to fix any problems, but I was hesitant to re-order anything. Very disappointing meals and a disappointing evening.
- KatebutlerslpDined on 8/7/2014Enjoyed the live jazz. Had the potato crusted tilapia and it was delicious. Decent gluten-free menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner was greatJayneVIPDined on 8/3/2014Crab cakes are delicious. The salad was complimentary to the crab.Special Features:
- Wonderful eveningJazz4uDined on 7/31/2014JLiu has great food and will accommodate families well. I loved the fact that when I made reservations online and then later called to add 2 extra people for a special occasion, they were wonderful about it. The live jazz after 5:30 was a very nice touch that complemented my celebration well! A night to remember...thanks JLiu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We did the special restaurant weekCheryl1122Dined on 7/25/2014menu and found the food and portions to be very good. Our only negative comment was that the lobster bisque could have been hotter. It was warm but should have been much hotter. The tilapia was very nicely done and the accompaniments of mashed potatoes and vegetables were also quite good. The flourless chocolate cake was wonderful. All in all, it was a very nice meal at a great price! The owner, J. Liu, stopped by our table right after we arrived to welcome us and to thank us for being there. He was very personable and talked to everybody. A "hands on" owner and manager is what makes this a great restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant weekTatorDined on 7/25/2014Had am amazing 3 course meal for restaurant week along with my girlfriend. Great options and something everyone would like. The service was pretty good but they were just really busy, but one of the nicest features is actually got to meet J. Liu who came out and visited with every table. I will definitely will be back here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot in Worthington!MatthewDined on 7/25/2014A wonderful surprise in Worthington, Ohio, this restaurant is an excellent choice for a nice evening out with your significant other or a quick bite after work. It has a wonderful wide range menu and great atmosphere throughout.Special Features:
- Bill67Dined on 7/23/2014This is my second visit to J. Lius, both times the food and service were excellent! I highly recommend the potato cakes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Left Over Pad ThaieatingoutincolumbusDined on 7/19/2014My husband and I have been to J Lui multiple times for special occasions. We usually get an order of pad thai and an order of Jasons chicken and share. This time though, my pad thai came out in a bowl, which I had never seen before - but may just be a new serving dish. However, as the pad thai usually has long noodles to wrap around the spoon, this time it was choppy and I had difficulty eating it with a fork. It reminded me of a left over portion and I was very turned off. I couldn't help feeling that I had gotten some thrown together meal and not one that was freshly prepared for me. Needless to say, we will be rethinking our next dining experience.Special Features:
- 97th Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/10/2014We always take my mother-in-law to J. Liu's for her birthday. This year was her 97 th! Everyone on the staff wished her a happy birthday. Our server even brought out a FREE dessert for us to share. We always have a great time at J. Liu's. It has become a family tradition.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jason, what has happened ?OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/8/2014Such a lovely looking restaurant, but just no consistency in the food or the service. It used to be so good-- now the wait staff is not engaged, and the food is so-so.
- bland foodBenderDined on 6/27/2014Great atmosphere but the food was bland and poor wine menu if you only want a single glassSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014We were at that Worthington restaurant on fathers day. The brunch was excellent and the service was super. Everyone was very friendly and accepted our 3 littke granddaughters. Thank you for very thing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paying for ambienceFanfareDined on 6/15/2014Finally I went to the J.liu. The food is good but definitely not worth the price. $154 for 3 adults and 3 kids, no alcohol. Most of the price is probably for ambience, not the food.Special Features:
- No such a great experienceluv2dineDined on 6/15/2014We went there for Father's day brunch. It was a buffet brunch. The restaurant was too crowded and there was a really long line for food. The food was mediocre for the price. Disappointing.Special Features:
- DinnerdinneroutDined on 6/13/2014This was the first time I had been to the J. Liu restaurant in Worthington. The Dublin venue is a fun, casual atmosphere. We were celebrating our 17th wedding anniversary and were looking for some affordable fine dining. I loved the red curtains that lined the West wall.The entrees were affordable and good, not overly fantastic, but worth the price. We felt the menu was a bit thin. The cheesecake was outstanding. I was a bit disappointed in the casualness of the other patrons. Some men had dress pants, collared shirts, and jackets and some ladies were in dress clothes, but some people were in shorts and ball caps... Not the romantic ambiance that I wanted for an anniversary. But, this would be a good pick for upscale, casual dining.Special Features:
- Not worth the $$OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/11/2014We dine out a lot. We viewed the menu on-line prior to visiting J Liu and were looking forward to a nice meal with family for a birthday celebration. We chose J Liu over Camerons because the variety of food seemed like it would be better for our group. We left wishing we would have gone to Camerons because we know that the food and service would have been worth the price paid. I think they need to take a look at who is managing their kitchen. Also had dirty dishes from appetizers that sat on our table throughout our entire meal.
- Jazz music@ brunchNuggetVIPDined on 6/1/2014What a surprise to have brunch accompanied with pleasing musical sounds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchBmacDined on 6/1/2014The Sunday brunch is amazing. We've been all over the city for brunch and this one is definitely worth it. Great breakfast food as well as some of J.Liu's famous plates. Fried rice for brunch...yes! The price is right, too. Great value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice atmosphere, okay foodJLMartinDined on 5/31/2014J. Liu's atmosphere is really nice - the decor is semi-hip and attractive, and it's quiet so you can hear your conversation easily. I got the scallops, which I thought would be tasty, but was rather disappointed. The glaze on them was sticky (like it kind of stuck to my teeth) and not particularly good. The bread and dipping sauce they brought out before the food was served were very good, though, as was the calamari appetizer. The server was friendly, but sort of odd. She launched into a story about how another server would jump out sometimes and scare her. About 20 minutes later, she brought the other server to our table to show him to us. It was sort of awkward. Overall, nice experience, but food and service left a little to be desired.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently great.Kat82Dined on 5/25/2014Always great food and service. Love the happy hour, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 901 reviews are from the J. Liu Restaurant & Bar of Worthington reviews archive.
- rustyblueeyesDined on 5/18/2014I had wanted to have the regular menu, but only brunch was available. The brunch was nice, but I was looking forward to your delicious crab cakes. The prime rib was rare, but more like raw. We couldn't eat it. The Eggs Benedict was dry and not made well. There was very little sauce on it. I am not sure I would come back for the brunch again. I still want to try other items on the menu I have attended two parties upstairs and the food was very good.Special Features:
- BGDisappointedDined on 5/10/2014Need server training sat at bar area and bar food came out before the food I ordered 20 min before. Food was ok nothing special I had to get my food reheated and then it was not very warm. It's a so so restaurant. Mother's Day experience was not where I wanted it to be.
- Love J LiuJen10Dined on 5/10/2014I was first introduced to J Liu when it was Jason's in Dublin. Loved it then, love it even more now that there is one close to home in Worthington. Always great food and great service! I can't comment much on the menu since I always get the Jason's spicy chicken. Delicious and I think I would be disappointed with anything else!Special Features:
- Mother's Day Saturday eveningMiaaDined on 5/10/2014We have eaten at J. Liu in Dublin and decided to try Worthington. The restaurant was busy and there were a number of prom students eating there. The wait for food was acceptable, and our food was very good. Our server was not the friendliest, but we still had a nice evening. We asked to see the gluten free menu, and our waitress said she could not find one. That was a bit disappointing. We would however, be willing to give this location another try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- goodeatsDined on 5/10/2014There were five of us - three rather elderly. Our server couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. We had a nice time talking with our friends and didn't feel rushed. We would come again in a New York minute!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sat in the bar, music was loudOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/4/2014We were put at a nice table in the bar, which would have been wonderful had the saxophone not been on a microphone...loud, hard to converseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday get togetherFosterDined on 5/3/2014Wife's 66th birthday, 2 sisters w/ spouses from out of town, seated in booth/ table that made it possible for everyone to talk, food was great, noise level was low even though the place was packed that night with teenage prom goers. Service was fast, friendly, unobtrusive, everyone had a great time.Special Features: