J. Liu Restaurant & Bar of Dublin
50 W. Bridge Street
Dublin, OH 43017Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: $30 and under
J. Liu Restaurant & Bar of Dublin
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.jliurestaurant.com/
- Phone: (614) 718-1818
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm;
Sunday Brunch: 11:00am – 2:00pm
Sunday Dinner: 2:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, International
- Executive Chef: Bradford Harkrider
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: J. Liu offers a private dining room with a seating capacity of approximately 50 guests. The room is distinctly decorated with stain glass windows, hardwood floors and a view of the patio which gives it an urban feel. The space is perfect for rehearsal dinners, business meetings and company presentations.
- Private Party Contact: Teresa MacDonald 6147181818x
- Special Events: New Menu coming July 2014!
A word from J. Liu Restaurant & Bar of Dublin
J. Liu Restaurant and Bar provides a blend of contemporary and Asian cuisines in a modern trendy setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
J. Liu Restaurant & Bar of Dublin reviews from OpenTable diners
71 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (47)special occasion (26)fit for foodies (22)great for outdoor dining (22)romantic (21)great for lunch (21)good for groups (20)vibrant bar scene (15)great for brunch (14)hot spot (8)notable wine list (6)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Top Notch Always!luc6Dined on 11/4/2014I have been going to J Liu in Dublin for years . I go there knowing that if I take business clients we will get excellent service and with the highest quality of food. I also like that J Liu has a little bit of everything for everyone! It is a sure bet!Special Features:
- great dinnerMrf406Dined on 10/31/2014Date night on Halloween could have been scary but it was a great night...Food and service was terrific...fun night!Special Features:
- Nice eveningHighendfoodDined on 10/22/2014Best wait staff we have had in many meals. Food was very good only small draw back was the noise but that also shows everyone was having a good time, so will overlook.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very favoriteItaliangirlDined on 10/17/2014The food is always excellent and the wait staff very attentive. Always consistent. Love going with friends or as a couple.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovemesomepastaDined on 10/17/2014The beef lo me in was so flavorful and delicious! Full service bat and great wine selection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!JessDined on 10/16/2014I made a reservation here for my 28th birthday. Had a total of 7 people and an infant in my party. They had our table set up and ready to go quickly. Our server was friendly, funny and answered any questions we had about the menu. The food and drinks were amazing. I wanted to try all the cocktails on the menu so I will need to come back again soon.Special Features:
- NoisySteakVIPDined on 10/1/2014Sounded like people were shouting each other! To noisy to talk even to the server. The volume of the food was way too much and salty. Requested without one ingredient, but the request seemed ignored; tons of it was present in the dish! Not going back!
- SallyMac1Dined on 10/1/2014I have been here for lunch for business meetings. Great Place and FOOD! I definately recommend!Special Features:
- Great time againJoeMcTDined on 9/28/2014Have eaten at J Liu in both locations many times, this was the first time for Sunday Brunch !!! Great time, very nice selection of food, waitress was great we have had her before.... Crowded but not rushed or loud... All the food was great with only one exception.. The bacon in buffet was slightly cooked and not as we liked. Great selection of food and all tasted great !!Special Features:
- Service MattersOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Having waited on tables, I know good service. Unfortunately, the service on our recent visit wasn't good. Deficiencies ranged from a long wait time to be acknowledged, forgotten food orders, needing to ask for bread and drink refills, and no check back to see if food selections were good. The food was pricey in comparison to quantity and quality–$140.00 for four adults (no alcohol). Wife’s grilled trout was burnt on bottom, yet cold when served. The Chicken Milanese was so overdressed with cream sauce that it overpowered the dish. Not really sure I understand who I was tipping, as none of the food was actually delivered by our server. When service is bad and the food is less than good, it tends to leave a lasting bad taste in one’s mouth.Special Features:
- Over the topAmyFDined on 9/24/2014The service was spectacular, the food was out of this world and you can't go wrong with this place! The lobster bisque is one of the best I've ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinneranticipationDined on 9/24/2014This is yet another time, I used J Lui for a business meeting and we had a.great timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Manager place it over the topState2northDined on 9/17/2014outstanding food with a great management staff. Drink selection was solid, great blend on the Menu of entree selections. The Maanger was really cool and made you feel like a you were on the vip listSpecial Features:
- Great food, great service!LuvmyfoodDined on 9/16/2014This is my favorite place to visit when I'm in town. Everything on the menu is mouthwatering and the service is fantastic! Can't wait to come back!Special Features:
- Was it girls night?thefourofusVIPDined on 9/12/2014We had a late Friday night reservation. Everything was very good as usual. Our server was terrific. It was funny to see at least 4 tables of women out celebrating at J Liu.Special Features:
- Leisurely lunchDianeDined on 9/10/2014It's such a pleasure to catch up with friends, enjoying a delicious lunch and sipping a glass of wine. Our friendly & patient waiter accommodated us by checking on us without being intrusive or interrupting. So glad we chose J'Liu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Pad Thai in Central OhioGordonOHDined on 9/9/2014It has the right amount of spice, not too much, but just enough to give it that kick. Fresh and the portion is huge. Their other food is equally as good!Special Features:
- Love the food and the serviceRy2D2Dined on 9/8/2014The Blackened Tuna, Lobster Bisque and Calamari are all amazing food items. Everything on their menu sounded so good that it was hard to decide, however I'm very happy with the food I chose to get and I'm sure I would have been equally happy with the meal if I had anything else. Their service was amazing as well. I went there for a romantic night with my girlfriend before we leave each other for a while as we go to college and I had mentioned this in the special request section when reserving our table. The waiter (or perhaps the restaurant on the whole) definitely went the extra mile for us. They folded our napkins in a special way, made a flower shape in the lobster bisque, put some flowers on our table, and even gave us a free dessert!Special Features:
- Going downhillMerebearVIPDined on 9/8/2014This place used to be great, always filled up with people. Went for my boyfriends birthday and let them know we were celebrating ahead of time. We were sat prompty but there was only 1 other couple in the entire restaurant so it was quiet and somewhat awkward. The waitstaff would just stand and play on their phones in clear sight of our table. Food was okay.. Not what it used to be. The menus were crinkled and had food spilled all over them. This restaurant is in a prime location but something has changed in the recent years and quality is no where near what it should be.
- Wonderful dining experience.RichDined on 8/29/2014This was the first time my wife and I had been there. We pass by it all the time and I keep saying how we should eat there sometime. I'm glad we finally had the opportunity to stop in. Everything was wonderful. Friendly staff, excellent server (Scott), awesome food. We will definitely be coming back. Keep up the good work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday lunchPeppermintpattiDined on 8/29/2014Celebrated my girlfriend's birthday at J Liu's. Food was great as well as the service. We will be back!! Had the fish tacos and the crab cakes...they were yummy!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoveloveloveDined on 8/28/2014The new menu is fabulous!! Lettuce wraps were amazing and short ribs best I've ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time at brunchMusicloverDined on 8/24/2014I met some girl friends for brunch. Kelli was a great server and made our first visit to J. Liu outstanding! I'm sure we will all come back for brunch again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/23/2014The dinner experience was effectively ruined by a girls' soccer team that was running in and out of the restaurant all night. If we were in BW3s you would expect that kind of lunacy but not in a place like J. Lius. It was very clear that other patrons were not enjoying their meal with these kids running around unsupervised. Having said that, our dinner was fair at best. The service was slow and the waitress, while polite, seemed very inexperienced to be waiting table. It was clear from seeing the looks on other patrons faces that we were not the only ones that could not believe the continual intrusion on the dining experience.Special Features:
- great!ClintDined on 8/18/2014The food was very good. The service was perfect. The server refilled our drinks on time without making us feel like he was hovering over us. Definitely some of the Asian cuisine I've had in a LONG while.Special Features:
- Always deliversMommahDined on 8/16/2014Great night out for a great meal. Great food & reasonable pricesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good food and atmospheredsrtwittVIPDined on 8/16/2014J. Liu is becoming a new favorite. Some new items on the menu are outstanding, the patio is a great spot to sit, visit and enjoy some good wines. Don't miss the pork belly sliders!Special Features:
- Great food & service; nix the patioLovesSweetsDined on 8/13/2014I've eaten at both the Dublin and Worthington J. Liu locations. This was the first time I had eaten on the patio at the Dublin location. The patio is situated right on 161, and it is SO loud. I chose the patio b/c the weather was so beautiful, and we have to take advantage of any nice day we can get in central Ohio. However, the traffic and loud trucks passing by really put a damper on the experience. My companion and I felt like we were practically shouting to hear each other. Food and service were fantastic, but I probably would not choose to sit on the patio at the Dublin location again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meallovetoeatDined on 8/9/2014This was our first time dining at J. Liu and we were not disappointed. The patio made for a delightful dining experience. I felt there was a wide range of selections from the appetizers, to the entree's. We will definitely be going back to J. Liu and recommending this restaurant to our friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will returnWillreturnDined on 8/8/2014We have eaten here several times and have always received great service and the food is amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RoundaboutdinerDined on 8/4/2014I love this restaurant. It's my number one choice in Dublin. Such a funky Matisse like décor. The food is yummy, perfect wine and coffee, and the service is outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 496 reviews are from the J. Liu Restaurant & Bar of Dublin reviews archive.
- Good experiencelunchDined on 7/29/2014Overall a good experience. My Asian chicken salad was a little dry. The chicken seemed overcooked. Other than that, I didn't hear any complaints from my co-workers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Weekdiner321Dined on 7/24/2014Service was slow. I ordered a stir-fry entrée from the RW menu, but it arrived cold. They reheated the same food (rather than remake the dish), but the side of rice became cold while I was waiting, so I ate some of my husband's meal (not on the RW menu and actually very good). The waitress offered to take my entrée off our bill, but this didn't happen. Since the RW menu was only $20 and proceeds went to charity, we didn't make a big issue of it.Special Features:
- Such a great way to start a Sunday!LoveloveloveDined on 7/20/2014My husband and I had brunch at J Liu this past weekend and decided it was a great way to kick off our Sunday. From the warm welcome when we walked in the door, to the exceptional service table side, and the amazing food, it was fabulous! From the little make your own parfaits served in mini martini glasses, to the exceptional prime rib and chocolate covered strawberries, we loved every second. J liu is our favorite Sunday brunch, hands down!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and multiple optionsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/14/2014There was a nice variety of options on the menu and they were willing to make changes to meet our dietary needs. It was delicious.Special Features:
- Quality decliningMaynotreturnDined on 7/11/2014Mushy strawberries some with black spots, same menu over time, inexperienced undertrained and uninformed waiter who told us he was congested. Such a disappointment after being one of our favorite
- Perfect girls nightsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/10/2014J. Liu has a great patio atmosphere for the downtown Dublin area (esp. as there are not many patios) The service is always fast & friendly and the food is always outstanding. It would be nice if Happy Hour pricing extended to the patio as the bar area is always filled up and not suitable for larger parties. Overall the experience was great and we always have a fantastic time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dublindinerDined on 6/30/2014Excellent food. The staff is exceptionally friendly and welcoming.Special Features:
- Yummy selectionsNuggetVIPDined on 6/29/2014Buffet selections were pleasing. A variety of dessert morsels completed the dining experience. We will return once we walk off our overindulgence of tasty food.Special Features:
- Great foodgbombohioDined on 6/27/2014I have eaten there many times - the Asian food, in particular, is the best in town. Slads are great, and the rolls with the flavored olive oil is/are fantastic.Special Features: