J. Gilbert’s – Wood Fired Steaks & Seafood - Worthington
One East Campus View
Worthington, OH 43235Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
J. Gilbert’s – Wood Fired Steaks & Seafood - Worthington
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.jgilberts.com/Home.aspx?824
- Phone: 6148409090
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Victor Ojeda
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: J.Gilbert’s Wood-Fired Steaks and Seafood is the perfect setting for your banquet, wedding rehearsal dinner, private party, business meeting or any other special occasion that demands an excellent meal and elegant setting.
- Private Party Contact: Allison Dearth 6148409090
- Special Events: Happy hour food and drink specials: Sunday - Friday | 4pm - 7pm
A word from J. Gilbert’s – Wood Fired Steaks & Seafood - Worthington
J. Gilbert's is an "upscale casual" steakhouse serving prime-aged beef cooked over a mesquite wood-fired grill. Guests enjoy various cuts of steak, fresh seafood (including award-winning crab cakes) & other house made favorites like the Maytag Bleu potato chips & Chocolate Velvet Cake. The cozy atmosphere includes fire side dining, rich wood, brick & soft lighting where you can enjoy a quiet table or host a large party. The extensive martini & wine list offers the perfect compliment to an excellent meal delivered with attentive service. J. Gilbert's is open for dinner 7 days a week. Reservations are recommended.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
J. Gilbert’s – Wood Fired Steaks & Seafood - Worthington - Best Restaurants in Worthington ›
J. Gilbert’s – Wood Fired Steaks & Seafood - Worthington reviews from OpenTable diners
234 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (196)romantic (157)fit for foodies (92)notable wine list (75)neighborhood gem (69)good for groups (59)vibrant bar scene (21)late-night find (20)hot spot (9)great for brunch (7)kid-friendly (6)great for lunch (6)scenic view (3)Show More
- Good menuweederVIPDined on 9/27/2014We gone to J. Gilberts many times for good steaks and seafood but this time I decided to try something different-their roasted half chicken and was it tasty! I'd certainly recommend it. Generally, a reservation is best at this busy restaurant although not necessary if you go early or late. Although it's a rather large restaurant the way they've used partial walls, different levels and a nice fire place it feels rather private and cozy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014My girlfriend of 3 years and I were on our yearly vacation so we decided to go here on our date. Our waitress was very good. She had a good knowledge of the menu and gave us wonderful recommendations. Wonderful food and good drinks as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tops our list for romantic dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014From the moment we were greeted at the door, we were treated special. Not only was everything elegantly prepared for us, but the combination of sauces and quality of the food was tops! They noted that we were going to share the two dinners and they actually brought it out for us on two plates already split. From the wine to the desert and coffee the meal was fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014Our experience was amazing! It was our date night away from the kiddos and the service and good were top notch! Usually I find at least one thing I dislike, but J Gilbert's has everything figured out. My husband and I shares the (3) 4oz filets (that were cooked to perfection) and the scallops that were delicious! We will be back soon!!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinner @ J. Gilbert'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/25/2014This was our first visit to J. Gilbert's. Very romantic atmosphere. The service and food were excellent. We each ordered the 6 oz fillet Mignon, but with different sides. All were very tasty. We were asked right after we were seated if we were celebrating a special occasion. The waiter brought us complimentary Champagne to celebrate our anniversary. We ordered desserts to take home. He the chocolate cake...me the carrot cake. I didn't taste the chocolate cake, but the carrot cake was to die for!! There were other items on the menu I would like to try. We would definitely make a return trip to this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful mealStewartVIPDined on 9/24/2014The service was very good. The food was perfect. My medium rare filet came out just as I expected. We'll go back.Special Features:
- The best steaks east of OmahaDrJonathanDined on 9/23/2014The care that goes into the cut, aging, and presentation of their steaks is amazing and a culinary delight. The side dishes are not your typical preparations, i.e. the creamed corn was uniquely prepared, tasted fire-roasted with a hunt of cheese and some exotic spices. Everything from the first glass of pinot grigio to the last Nutty Irishman coffee was fantastic. The wait staff are attentive and the ambiance is great. I found it a very romantic and fairly-priced fine dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Food & ServicenotfoodiesDined on 9/21/2014We were able to have our favorite server who was training an amazing server at the same time. We had wonderful conversation & banter with our server(s) & had the most wonderful chance to celebrate our 51st Anniversary in style! Their food suggestions that were not what we usually order were excellent & gave us a chance to try something different. We usually are not adventurous & this was a chance to venture into new territory. Try it, You'll like it!!!Special Features:
- We always enjoy dinner @ J GilbertsKevinDined on 9/21/2014Another fine dining experience at J Gilberts. The pre fix menu has great appeal for us as it includes a salad, main course, and desert for a more than fair price. Service was a little off at this visit, as the waiter seemed pre occupied. Over all another nice dinner @ J Gilberts!Special Features:
- Pricey but worth itPickydinerDined on 9/20/2014Very nice neighborhood spot with incredibly impressive quality steaks. The "wood fired" is a great touch giving the meal an extra special flavor. They are not bashful when it comes to price but they do give nice menu choices that are a bit less expensive. Not many restaurants have a $58 steak on the menu. This one does so make sure you check the price before ordering. Our server was very knowledgable with both the wine and food. Steaks also come as ordered. Make sure you know how you like them cooked. Rare means Rare. Their 4oz trio is one of the best offerings in the city. The three sauces make them even better.Special Features:
- J. Gilbert's is a GemPartyof6Dined on 9/20/2014We always treat our son to dinner at J. Gilbert's when we visit him at the Josephinum. The food is always creative and amazing. The service is top-notch. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Awesome place!LuvambiancediningDined on 9/19/2014Absolutely will return! Food was fantastic & the atmosphere was super cool..beautiful decor set with dim lighting, stone walls accompanying wood slatted ceilings and various floor levels. Cool drink menu on a bourbon bottle. Multiple steak orders at our table with an Ahi Tuna order in there too. Everything was mouth watering good and cooked to perfection. Our waiter was a bit overzealous in his descriptions and delivery but was super nice. And could have been a bit more attentive and less 'I'll grab your drinks/bread/whatever & be right back' ..as our bread got there awhile after our appetizers arrived. (Maybe just trying too hard & needs more practice cuz he was truly a nice guy.) Overall..Will definitely return! Great night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findPanther74Dined on 9/19/2014We were looking for a good restaurant in the Columbus area. It was the occasion of our daughter's 18th birthday. In all aspects, J. Gilbert's was the perfect place for our dinnerSpecial Features:
- BirthdayMosgrandmaDined on 9/19/2014We have come here for birthdays and anniversaries for a few years. We have never been disappointed with our experience. The food is awesome and the service is always wonderful. The wait staff know their menu very well and are very good.Special Features:
- Great anniversary dinner!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/18/2014The greater immediately congratulated us on our anniversary and our waiter was awesome. The food was delicious and the desserts was to die for!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 40thAnniversaryDined on 9/12/2014We have come here for the past 8-9 years for our anniversary. We love it.Special Features:
- J. Gilbert's never ceases to WOW!HitthespotDined on 9/11/2014Wonderful dining atmosphere. Dim lighting but light enough so you can still read the menu! Beautiful fireplace. Romantic. Creative wine/beer bottle menu. Love the real candles decorating the surrounding walls. Bar looks awesome and comfortable to sit down and chat. Fine dining. Excellent food! Love the steak and potatoes! Service is great! Great place to go and catch up with a friend and/or great place to have a get together with a group from work and/or great place to take the significant other!Special Features:
- JGilbertsReviewsDined on 9/11/2014I highly recommend this resturant from the bar to a full dining experience. The team of staff is attentive, knowledgable and highly experienced. The food is absolutly outstanding from the salad through desert. We had enjoyed the seafood platter that was abundent & so very fresh, the cut of filet of beef on the bone was OUTSTANDING!!! The meal was topped off by chocolate velvet cake which is made in house with a side of homemade rasberry ice cream. What I woud give for a second helping of the desert, lucky for me I work around the corner. If you like great food and amazing service, this is the pace.Special Features:
- Worth the price!DateNightDined on 9/6/2014My husband and I were both impressed at the food and service from J.gilbert. We will definitely be back soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful evening!MUHokieDined on 9/5/2014We were celebrating with friends and had a great experience. The food was prepared perfectly; the portions and presentation was very good. We thouroughly enjjoyed the dinner.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/5/2014The dining area was crowded and tables way too small to accommodate the large dinner plates. Food was very good however. Service was mediocre at best. Long waits for drinks.
- Have been a few timesKennethDined on 9/5/2014Ordered a cheese and meat appetizer. Overall terrible. It would appear they purchase meats from grocery store prepackaged meats. Maybe (Costco?) Dinner was ok - but just as Good as on other occasions.Special Features:
- Great EveningjarheadDined on 8/31/2014My wife and I had a very enjoyable evening for our 2nd wedding anniversary celebration, the food was excellent and the service was perfect! I would go back again tomorrow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AaronDined on 8/31/2014Great place to eat, everything was great, quick service, good food, servicesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent FavoriteHollya14VIPDined on 8/30/2014This remains a top favorite of ours. The food and service are always top-notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Honestly the best meal I ever hadOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Our server Allen was fabulous and friendly. Everything on the menu was exquisite. Best filet I've ever had, best asparagus and green beans were amazing as well. I'd recommend for an anniversary or special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Totally Comfortable SettingFlyingHighDined on 8/30/2014Having read other reviews we found the reception by everyone of the employees both courteous and pleasant. Everyone we came in touch with was dialed in what our occasion was. The menu at first was a tad bit confusing but after collecting our thoughts...OUTSTANDING. The asparagus was great, the Filet was actually more than I could eat....enjoyed the uneaten the next day. Bread loaf was great. The Golden Margarita was 'spot on'. G-r-e-a-t! Wonderful! Thank you... and to our waiter Taylor as well.Special Features:
- Great DinnerDranee05Dined on 8/30/2014Trevor was our waiter and he was fantastic. The food was sensational and the atmosphere couldn't have been better!!!!Special Features:
- FabulousJayneVIPDined on 8/29/2014Everything was wonderful! Food, service, and ambiance all top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special eveningbtiremanDined on 8/29/2014Since we had not been to J. Gilbert's previously my lady and I visited the restaurant to check things out. We thoroughly enjoyed our meals and the service, and we will go back again. The food was hot and tasted delicious.Special Features:
- Fabulous experience!CtrowbriDined on 8/26/2014This was my 2nd visit and it gets better each time. The food was sensational and the waiter was very attentive, but not annoying. I will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2014J. Gilberts is our go to restaurant for celebratory occasions or family get togethers. Charlotte was our server and did a great job - in fact we request to be seated in her section. We will return!Special Features:
- Celebrate Wedding AnniversariesperfumeteacherDined on 8/24/2014We decided to go to J.Gilbert's for our 40th Wedding Celebration Dinner. We had been there one other time and remembered it was very good. It was just us and 2 best friends. The food was great, our waiter was wonderful, and it was a quiet Sunday night. This was just what we needed and received....They even had reader glasses for us as we forgot ours...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Columbus RestaurantSkylaneVIPDined on 8/24/2014Consistancy is what I love about J. Gilberts. The staff and the food are always above average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodKevinDined on 8/24/2014As always J. Gilbert's does a fine job as one of greater Columbus' steak houses. We ordered from the prefix options for dinner. The scallops were done very nicely and the filets were perfect!Special Features:
- Not up to usual standardsJojoVIPDined on 8/24/2014We love the atmosphere and usually enjoy the food but our last few visits haven't been quite what we've learned to expect. On this last visit two of us ordered the special, waited then were told they were out. Ordered steaks, both medium rare. Mine was dry, tasteless and overdone. The other was almost rare. Not what I expect from a steak place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We wanted betterDublinDined on 8/23/2014Well, I really wanted to like this place. I ordered an 8 oz Filet with mashed potatoes. The potatoes were like rubber with no flavor, almost like they were from the day before. My filet was a good cut, but overcooked. I asked for medium and it was well done. My wife also got a filet, she asked for medium rare and it was medium. My advice, if you like it medium ask for medium rare at this place because the wood fired steaks must cook a notch more or hotter. To top it off, a couple with a baby were seated next to us. There were a lot of empty seats in the place so it would have been nice if someone offered to move us because the baby kept crying....very annoying and so much for a dinner escape away from kids.
- WOWOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014One of the very best meals that my wife and I have ever had! We will be back! Steak and lobster was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visitBigAl43065Dined on 8/23/2014First visit, nice menu but would appreciate a little more light for trying to select from this menu. Lobster mac and cheese needs different pasta and a bit more cheese? 1 martini good, 1 martini so-so. Thanks for the $20 couponSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JennyDined on 8/21/2014The steaks melts in your mouth and the bisque was rich and creamy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.