J. Gilbert’s – Wood Fired Steaks & Seafood - Worthington
One East Campus View
Worthington, OH 43235Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
J. Gilbert’s – Wood Fired Steaks & Seafood - Worthington
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.jgilberts.com/Home.aspx?824
- Phone: (614) 840-9090
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Victor Ojeda
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: J.Gilbert’s Wood-Fired Steaks and Seafood is the perfect setting for your banquet, wedding rehearsal dinner, private party, business meeting or any other special occasion that demands an excellent meal and elegant setting.
- Private Party Contact: Allison Dearth 6148409090
- Special Events: Happy hour food and drink specials: Sunday - Friday | 4pm - 7pm
A word from J. Gilbert’s – Wood Fired Steaks & Seafood - Worthington
J. Gilbert's is an "upscale casual" steakhouse serving prime-aged beef cooked over a mesquite wood-fired grill. Guests enjoy various cuts of steak, fresh seafood (including award-winning crab cakes) & other house made favorites like the Maytag Bleu potato chips & Chocolate Velvet Cake. The cozy atmosphere includes fire side dining, rich wood, brick & soft lighting where you can enjoy a quiet table or host a large party. The extensive martini & wine list offers the perfect compliment to an excellent meal delivered with attentive service. J. Gilbert's is open for dinner 7 days a week. Reservations are recommended.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
J. Gilbert’s – Wood Fired Steaks & Seafood - Worthington - Best Restaurants in Worthington ›
J. Gilbert’s – Wood Fired Steaks & Seafood - Worthington reviews from OpenTable diners
215 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (182)romantic (146)fit for foodies (97)notable wine list (69)neighborhood gem (61)good for groups (61)late-night find (17)vibrant bar scene (15)hot spot (13)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (4)scenic view (3)great for brunch (3)Show More
- Great place for a romantic dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014I took my fiance to J. Gilberts for a special birthday. The greeters were very friendly and there was no wait, we were seated at our reserved time. The menu is strong upon grilled steaks and seafood. She got the filet, I got a filet plus scallops. The filet were grilled very nicely, crisp outside, pink in the center, juicy and flavorful. The sides are very well prepared. I tried a brussels sprouts and prosciutto hash that was excellent. The server had the right balance of attentiveness and leaving us alone to be with each other. We passed on dessert but I had a very nice cup of coffee and a cognac. The coffee is very flavorful. A very nice time overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food, not so great service:(OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/21/2014The food was wonderful except my steak was cooked rare instead of medium. They took it back and cooked it longer and returned it to me but did nothing to make up for it. Disappointed in the service because of that. I had to wait quite awhile to eat my steak!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/18/2014I loved the warm, romantic feel of this place. Our food was prepared well and had a neat presentation. I highly recommend the maple salmon. Though our server was polite and attentive, he mixed up my side orders and forgot a part of the desert. Easily fixed; he quickly brought the correct items. This place is perfect for special occasions. Overall a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a winner!KevinDined on 11/16/2014Our recent visit to J Gilberts was as always a very good experience. The food is wonderful, and our server Charlotte is a true delight. Charlotte is very well versed in the daily specials and knowledge of new menu items. Our only disappointment was that they were out of the swordfish that my wife was looking forward to having!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we love itLOVELYDined on 11/15/2014Always have great service, food is awesome. That's all I can say.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceHappyDinerDined on 11/14/2014J.Gilberts is a great place to dine, nice dining area, great staff and the food is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely evening.VeshererDined on 11/14/2014Our group of seven was there to celebrate two birthdays. The food was excellent, but, by far the service made the evening especially wonderful. Our server was so personable, helpful and hilarious. We enjoyed his personality immensely! A perfect evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- romanticOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/14/2014great spot for a romantic dinner, Due to the price, we save this spot for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- well worth it.rbnsxmDined on 11/14/2014Went out of their way to seat is in a quiet spot away from a large group. Server spent ample time reviewing menu & taking our order. Bar service is great, excellent drinks. Food was outstanding. A definite must for special occasions or any night of fine dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Very GoodcharlieVIPDined on 11/14/2014A great place for a get together with friends or on your own.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014This was our first visit to this restaurant but can't wait to eat there again. Everything was delicious. Well done!Special Features:
- Consistently GoodsnoozeyouloseDined on 11/8/2014We have never had a bad experience here. Food and Service are always excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice placeChrisDined on 11/7/2014First time there with the wife. Food, service and atmosphere was just great. Can't wait to go back when the weather turns colder and the fire places are running. Can't believe we haven't been there before this.Special Features:
- Second time around...great!TDsongDined on 11/2/2014My wife and I visited before for my birthday in September, and we did enjoy (along with my in-laws) our time spent. We recently visited again to celebrate my wife's birthday and use the dollar off coupons we received for signing up J. Gilbert's email list. The food, service, and overall experience was second to none. Although we could only use one of the coupons at our table, I may have to steal away there for lunch and use mine before it expires this month.Special Features:
- Great SpotLifegreatDined on 11/2/2014First time there and we loved it! Will be back. Went on Sunday and all bottles up to $100 are half off, can't beat that!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SteakSillyDined on 11/1/2014Asked for a filet mignom to be done medium. It came almost rare. Sent it back. Returned the same steak at it appeared the same. Sent back again. Steak arrived medium but the outside was almost burnt. Left without consuming. Management did take it off the bill. This place is usually very good. Disappointed tonightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatScott43147Dined on 11/1/2014Great food, great environment, just perfect! Perfect for a quiet date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak in townOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/31/2014We went here looking for a great steak, and we found it. The wood-fired grill adds such great flavor; it was truly amazing. I had the petit filet with scallops. Both were perfectly done. It wasn't cheap, but well worth it. I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a lovely evening out with amazing food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatcharlieVIPDined on 10/31/2014This is a hidden gem. The prices are moderate and the food is excellent. We always enjoy our evenings here.Special Features:
- Super FindrunningrefDined on 10/27/2014Just looking around and found this place on UrbanSpoon. A bit tough to get to with construction right now, but well worth the time and trouble. Super meal, super service. Not the cheapest, but you get what you pay for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service wonderfulPrincessDined on 10/27/2014We had a superior waiter who handled special requests easily and graciously.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- J Gilbert's never fails to deliverJennyDined on 10/25/2014J Gilbert's is one of our favorite restaurants in Columbus. The menu and entree selections are perfect. My husband ordered the cowboy ribeye and it was cooked to the exact right temperature, was very favorful and was trimmed perfectly. His entree was completed with a large baked potato and seasoned green beans. I ordered the prix fixe menu and chose a 6 oz filet with Poblano au gratin potatoes and brussel sprouts (they allowed me to customize the sides - A+). My filet was cooked to the proper temperature and was very flavorful. The potatoes were bubbling hot deliciousness. The brussel sprouts were seasoned perfectly and delicious. We know J. Gilbert's always delivers an excellent meal which is why we keep going back.Special Features:
- Steak was not goodlovefoodDined on 10/25/2014I ordered my filet to be medium rare, and it came out medium well. It was very dry and hard to chew. The wedge salad was good and so was the bread. I go to Mitchell's Steakhouse quite a bit and love it. Probably won't be going back to J Gilberts when I can go to Mitchell's and enjoy the food. Especially for that price.Special Features:
- Great place for Anniversary'smadrussian1970Dined on 10/23/2014We had a wonderful time at J. Gilberts as usual. When we got there I had requested a spot where we could put a highchair for our 3 year old daughter but they didn't have one...a bit of a letdown. That said, the waiter (who was very attentive) said that he could bring one over when the food came. The only issue is that the food took a while to come and when it did my wifes steak (requested well done) was very pink in the middle so we had to send it back to get cooked a little more. It also took a while to get the main meal after our salad but minor issue. They did give us a free dessert for our anniversary and our daughter got icecream also. That was a great surprise. Overall we had a very nice time and enjoyed a wonderful dinner!Special Features:
- J Gilbert great diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014Had a birthday dinner for daughter--food excellent, service was attentive--overall a great experience. We will be back !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerHard2pleaseDined on 10/22/2014This was the first time I have gone to this restaurant. It was recommended from a friend and I signed up for their email club. I went there for my birthday dinner and from the time I entered the door, to ordering, to departure...the atmosphere was optimal and the service was outstanding. Not to mention the food was FANTASTIC! We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very niceHungrypplDined on 10/20/2014We went there to celebrate birthday and we didn't make mistake. Sat at the bar first... Excellent drinks as well as the apetisers.. The bar was very busy for a Monday diner.. I wanted a veal chop and that is what i got... The crab cakes were excellent too.. I even got a desert on the house... Thanks J. Gilbert for making my day to remember... This was our first time there and We will be back for sureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmedShorty49Dined on 10/18/2014Everything was great about my visit except the most important thing, my steak. Service was great and my sides and dessert were delicious. My steak was slightly overcooked (which is usually fine) but it was also dry. I was disappointed that a steak place that got great reviews gave me a dry, overcooked steak. I would go back and give it another try because everything else was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemBucknutVIPDined on 10/18/2014I love this place. I get to Columbus once a year and always make it a point to eat here. This past visit, I sat at the bar so I could watch a football game. Had a great steak, perfectly cooked and an excellent crab bisque. Plus they have a reasonable corkage charge which allows you to bring in a special wine which they decant and serve in their amazing Riedel glasses! Most places don't have these glasses as they are very expensive and break easily if you aren't careful. The bartenders are great too.Special Features:
- Good RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2014The place was very nice inside, service was very good. The food was good, we enjoyed getting two sides with our meal instead of ala carte. The one small complaint: My steak was overcooked, I ordered medium and it was more on the well done side.Special Features:
- Best RestaurantMernDined on 10/17/2014This is the best restaurant in the Columbus area. We have never been disappointed in our visits to J. Gilbert's.Special Features:
- Wife's Birthday DinnerdonbyDined on 10/13/2014We had a wonderful dinner at J Gilbert's for my wife's birthday celebration! The service was fantastic and the food was to die for. They had a special bone in fillet the evening we were there which was probably the best steak I've ever had in Columbus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JujumusicteachDined on 10/12/2014I am never disappointed when dining here! I prefer the setbacks here over Eddie Merlots or Mitchell's. It's quiet and relaxing with a great staff.Special Features:
- simply the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/11/2014Our experience is always top notch at J Gilbert's. This time, however, it was exceptional.😺😺my rack of lamb was especially good & my husband ribeye steak was delicious. We always feel so welcome when we come in. So glad we found this gem several years ago. We always look forward to a nite out at J Gilbert's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Swing and a MissOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/11/2014My wife and I would consider J Gilbert our favorite special occasion restaurant in Columbus...and will most likely be back. However when i chose to spend this much for a steak dinner i expect it to be Great. I ordered my steak Med Rare and it was med rare the first few bites, but as i got further into the steak it got to the point where it was almost med well done. Ive been to J Gilberts on several other occasions and have had great experiences, but this one left me a little disappointed. Our waiter was great for the most part, but never came to check on us throughout the meal. He did really well in being prompt to bring us our salad and the entreés but that was the last we saw of him until he brought our checks.Special Features:
- Simply superb experience!!!RavingFanDined on 10/6/2014The easiest way to describe how I feel about the venue for anyone whom hasn't experienced it is to say; "it's the best time they've never had"!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceDel5JuliaVIPDined on 10/6/2014Are Waitress and the Manager where more then AccommodatingSpecial Features:
- My FavoriteMernDined on 10/6/2014This is my favorite restaurant. I always order the same thing, and it is always done to order. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Top notch restaurant!SpecialDined on 10/4/2014Pricey but great service and food. Great place for a special occasionSpecial Features:
- steakloverDined on 10/4/2014Great food, great service, and great atmosphere. The price was very reasonable. I would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.