J. Gilbert’s – Wood Fired Steaks & Seafood - Worthington
One East Campus View
Worthington, OH 43235Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
J. Gilbert’s – Wood Fired Steaks & Seafood - Worthington
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.jgilberts.com/Home.aspx?824
- Phone: 6148409090
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Victor Ojeda
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: J.Gilbert’s Wood-Fired Steaks and Seafood is the perfect setting for your banquet, wedding rehearsal dinner, private party, business meeting or any other special occasion that demands an excellent meal and elegant setting.
- Private Party Contact: Allison Dearth 6148409090
- Special Events: Happy hour food and drink specials: Sunday - Friday | 4pm - 7pm
A word from J. Gilbert’s – Wood Fired Steaks & Seafood - Worthington
J. Gilbert's is an "upscale casual" steakhouse serving prime-aged beef cooked over a mesquite wood-fired grill. Guests enjoy various cuts of steak, fresh seafood (including award-winning crab cakes) & other house made favorites like the Maytag Bleu potato chips & Chocolate Velvet Cake. The cozy atmosphere includes fire side dining, rich wood, brick & soft lighting where you can enjoy a quiet table or host a large party. The extensive martini & wine list offers the perfect compliment to an excellent meal delivered with attentive service. J. Gilbert's is open for dinner 7 days a week. Reservations are recommended.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
J. Gilbert’s – Wood Fired Steaks & Seafood - Worthington - Best Restaurants in Worthington ›
J. Gilbert’s – Wood Fired Steaks & Seafood - Worthington reviews from OpenTable diners
230 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (192)romantic (149)fit for foodies (84)notable wine list (81)neighborhood gem (70)good for groups (55)vibrant bar scene (20)late-night find (16)hot spot (13)kid-friendly (9)great for brunch (8)great for lunch (6)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- AaronDined on 8/31/2014Great place to eat, everything was great, quick service, good food, servicesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/30/2014This remains a top favorite of ours. The food and service are always top-notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Honestly the best meal I ever hadOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Our server Allen was fabulous and friendly. Everything on the menu was exquisite. Best filet I've ever had, best asparagus and green beans were amazing as well. I'd recommend for an anniversary or special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Totally Comfortable SettingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014Having read other reviews we found the reception by everyone of the employees both courteous and pleasant. Everyone we came in touch with was dialed in what our occasion was. The menu at first was a tad bit confusing but after collecting our thoughts...OUTSTANDING. The asparagus was great, the Filet was actually more than I could eat....enjoyed the uneaten the next day. Bread loaf was great. The Golden Margarita was 'spot on'. G-r-e-a-t! Wonderful! Thank you... and to our waiter Taylor as well.Special Features:
- Great DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Trevor was our waiter and he was fantastic. The food was sensational and the atmosphere couldn't have been better!!!!Special Features:
- FabulousJayneVIPDined on 8/29/2014Everything was wonderful! Food, service, and ambiance all top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special eveningbtiremanDined on 8/29/2014Since we had not been to J. Gilbert's previously my lady and I visited the restaurant to check things out. We thoroughly enjoyed our meals and the service, and we will go back again. The food was hot and tasted delicious.Special Features:
- Fabulous experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014This was my 2nd visit and it gets better each time. The food was sensational and the waiter was very attentive, but not annoying. I will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2014J. Gilberts is our go to restaurant for celebratory occasions or family get togethers. Charlotte was our server and did a great job - in fact we request to be seated in her section. We will return!Special Features:
- Celebrate Wedding AnniversariesperfumeteacherDined on 8/24/2014We decided to go to J.Gilbert's for our 40th Wedding Celebration Dinner. We had been there one other time and remembered it was very good. It was just us and 2 best friends. The food was great, our waiter was wonderful, and it was a quiet Sunday night. This was just what we needed and received....They even had reader glasses for us as we forgot ours...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Columbus RestaurantSkylaneVIPDined on 8/24/2014Consistancy is what I love about J. Gilberts. The staff and the food are always above average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodKevinDined on 8/24/2014As always J. Gilbert's does a fine job as one of greater Columbus' steak houses. We ordered from the prefix options for dinner. The scallops were done very nicely and the filets were perfect!Special Features:
- Not up to usual standardsJojoVIPDined on 8/24/2014We love the atmosphere and usually enjoy the food but our last few visits haven't been quite what we've learned to expect. On this last visit two of us ordered the special, waited then were told they were out. Ordered steaks, both medium rare. Mine was dry, tasteless and overdone. The other was almost rare. Not what I expect from a steak place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We wanted betterDublinDined on 8/23/2014Well, I really wanted to like this place. I ordered an 8 oz Filet with mashed potatoes. The potatoes were like rubber with no flavor, almost like they were from the day before. My filet was a good cut, but overcooked. I asked for medium and it was well done. My wife also got a filet, she asked for medium rare and it was medium. My advice, if you like it medium ask for medium rare at this place because the wood fired steaks must cook a notch more or hotter. To top it off, a couple with a baby were seated next to us. There were a lot of empty seats in the place so it would have been nice if someone offered to move us because the baby kept crying....very annoying and so much for a dinner escape away from kids.
- WOWOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014One of the very best meals that my wife and I have ever had! We will be back! Steak and lobster was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visitBigAl43065Dined on 8/23/2014First visit, nice menu but would appreciate a little more light for trying to select from this menu. Lobster mac and cheese needs different pasta and a bit more cheese? 1 martini good, 1 martini so-so. Thanks for the $20 couponSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JennyDined on 8/21/2014The steaks melts in your mouth and the bisque was rich and creamy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great dinner!AdamDined on 8/19/2014I never write reviews, but I felt compelled to write one here. Collectively, my date and I ordered the Maytag Chips, Caesar Salad, Filet Mignon, Bourbon Maple Shrimp, Carrot Cake, and Cheesecake. The only thing I wasn't in love with was the Caesar Salad, but the rest of the meal was unbelievable. I would especially recommend the Filet Mignon (one of the best I've had) and the Carrot Cake. Also, I wish I could recommend our server because our server was absolutely excellent. J Gilbert's is my new favorite restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eat, drink, repeat.LindaDined on 8/19/2014Thoroughly enjoyable. Waiter was personable and knowledgeable, explaining many of the menu items to us that were unfamiliar to us. A delicious meal, a relaxing evening. Look forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best Restaurant in the City !!!MurphyDined on 8/19/2014J.Gilbert's never fails to please in every way. Our waiter was very personable and capable. The meals arrived piping hot and prompt. I will continue frequenting this restaurant often.Special Features:
- ChoicesSquirrelDined on 8/18/2014Nice ability to select from ala carte or dining package and also that you can bring your winesSpecial Features:
- An old favoriteEndM3Dined on 8/17/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants. The service and food are consistently excellent! This last visit, I deviated from my normal steak and tried the grilled pork chop. It was outstanding! It was one of many prix fixe selections, which made it a great deal too! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- We've eaten here many times!weederVIPDined on 8/16/2014If you like crab cakes J. Gilbert has some of the best in town-lots of crab instead of lots of filler. The steaks are always good-so says my husband the steak eater.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why dont you advertiseLOVELYDined on 8/16/2014Great Food , found out about it during restaurant week. Just couldn't wait to go back. Good food and service.Special Features:
- Back to the originalOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/15/2014Last visit 2 years ago not good, trashy hostesses, mediocre food. Now a complete change! Our hostess friendly, waiter professional, food was great, served hot, flavorful. A nice setting, quiet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great "Prix Fixe" Menu!MichaelGDined on 8/12/2014While the entire menu looked great, we were particularly pleased with the selections, quality, and value of the 3-course "Prix Fixe" options! Appetizers, entrees, and dessert choices were excellent. Server was attentive and knowledgeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and good wine list.MikeDined on 8/10/2014This place is an excellent neighborhood gem and a great destination!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More than expectedDanKDined on 8/8/2014J. Gilbert's is located on the lower level of a rather non-descript office building located in an area of stand-alone chain restaurants, strip malls, and office complexes; therefore my expectation were not high. However, the food was excellent and the service was outstanding. There are no views to the outside (for the reasons above), but the inside ambience is that of an old style high-end steak house - dark colors, wood, low lighting; all done tastefully. Each table is somewhat isolated and the tone is upscale and romantic. Pricing is on the high side, but you get what you pay for. A nice place for a special occasion or date night.Special Features:
- LouCDined on 8/8/2014We have always enjoyed dinner at J Gilberts. The food is of high quality and well prepared. Great steak seasoning. Service is consistently very good. Lately, the entrée prices have jumped especially for meats. Also, the house salad is smaller. Overall, J Gilberts is a very good restaurant just a little below Hyde Park and Eddie Merlot as a steakhouse.Special Features:
- Never disappointedBop1Dined on 8/6/2014We have been here several times and food has always been excellent. This time we also had an outstanding server with great personality and just the right amount of attention. We will be back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CarolDined on 8/5/2014We went to J. Gilbert's for our anniversary dinner and had absolutely delicious food and great service. It made for a very special evening. My husband's New Zealand lamb dish was probably the best lamb he had ever had, and my lobster rissoto and scallops were fresh tasting and beautifully prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceBobK45Dined on 8/5/2014We celebrated our 47th wedding anniversary and everything was superb. Food, service, atmosphere and overall dining experience were exceptional. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful all aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/4/2014We came here for my fiance's birthday. We will definitely be coming here on special occasions. It is such a treat. The steaks are melt in your mouth delicious! I normally do not like lamb, however J Gilbert has made me a fan of lamb which I never thought was possible!! They say if its cooked right, lamb is delicious and it was cooked to perfection and tasted superb!! Located in an area where there are other Steak restaurants, I would definitely recommend J Gilbert, hands down.Special Features:
- LuvgoodfoodLuvgoodfoodDined on 8/3/2014Celebrated my my 76th Birthday. We couldn't have picked a better place, it is our favorite restaurant. Our waiter Alan was outstanding, knowledgeable and attentive but not hovering. We have been to J. Gilbert's many times and have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- intotrackVIPDined on 8/3/2014I ordered the Copper River salmon and it was outstanding. Our waitress suggested the creamed corn with bacon as a side. I absolutely loved it!!! Please leave this on your menu, because the next time I am allowed two sides, I will get two orders of it!!!!
- Friday night out5050505050VIPDined on 8/1/2014Great steaks - cooked perfectly! And the bartender makes a great whiskey sour with Jameson!Special Features:
- Very delicious food!JCP32313Dined on 7/26/2014Food: Our steak was awful however the scallops were the best we've ever had, the creamed corn was amazing, the asparagus and spinach was delish- all around the dinner was not a disappointment aside from our steak (which, sadly, was our main entree) Service: The waiter was amazingly well versed with the food and wine list. He even recommended a wine to my girlfriend and she loved it Ambience: The ambience was nice, warm, inviting, and relaxed Price: It is a quite expensive restaurant however it was nice to try a new placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekCaseyDined on 7/26/2014We dined here Saturday night for restaurant week, and it was delicious. I had the caesar salad and it was fantastic… I wanted the crab cake and 4 oz filet for my main dish, but they were unfortunately out of the crab cakes… I subbed with the scallops, and they were delicious. Our food was paced nicely, I never felt like we were waiting too long for anything… our server, Monika, did a great job. We will definitely be back sometime soon!Special Features:
- FoodsnobeDined on 7/26/2014This is one of the best restaurants in the City, way better then many higher priced restaurants in the area.Special Features:
- Birthday celebrationcoolgirlDined on 7/26/2014I have a birthday buddy and every year we go out to dinner to celebrate. This year we tried J Gilberts as we both had never been there before. There were four of us dining and we were all very very pleased. Patrick was our server and he was outstanding with a great personality which always makes for a pleasant experience. I would highly recommend!Special Features: