J. Gilbert’s – Wood Fired Steaks & Seafood - Worthington
One East Campus View
Worthington, OH 43235Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
J. Gilbert’s – Wood Fired Steaks & Seafood - Worthington
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.jgilberts.com/Home.aspx?824
- Phone: 6148409090
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Victor Ojeda
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: J.Gilbert’s Wood-Fired Steaks and Seafood is the perfect setting for your banquet, wedding rehearsal dinner, private party, business meeting or any other special occasion that demands an excellent meal and elegant setting.
- Private Party Contact: Allison Dearth 6148409090
- Special Events: Happy hour food and drink specials: Sunday - Friday | 4pm - 7pm
A word from J. Gilbert’s – Wood Fired Steaks & Seafood - Worthington
J. Gilbert's is an "upscale casual" steakhouse serving prime-aged beef cooked over a mesquite wood-fired grill. Guests enjoy various cuts of steak, fresh seafood (including award-winning crab cakes) & other house made favorites like the Maytag Bleu potato chips & Chocolate Velvet Cake. The cozy atmosphere includes fire side dining, rich wood, brick & soft lighting where you can enjoy a quiet table or host a large party. The extensive martini & wine list offers the perfect compliment to an excellent meal delivered with attentive service. J. Gilbert's is open for dinner 7 days a week. Reservations are recommended.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
J. Gilbert’s – Wood Fired Steaks & Seafood - Worthington - Best Restaurants in Worthington ›
J. Gilbert’s – Wood Fired Steaks & Seafood - Worthington reviews from OpenTable diners
233 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (193)romantic (154)fit for foodies (91)notable wine list (77)neighborhood gem (67)good for groups (59)vibrant bar scene (21)late-night find (20)hot spot (11)great for lunch (8)great for brunch (7)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (3)Show More
- UnderwhelmedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/18/2014Everything was great about my visit except the most important thing, my steak. Service was great and my sides and dessert were delicious. My steak was slightly overcooked (which is usually fine) but it was also dry. I was disappointed that a steak place that got great reviews gave me a dry, overcooked steak. I would go back and give it another try because everything else was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemBucknutVIPDined on 10/18/2014I love this place. I get to Columbus once a year and always make it a point to eat here. This past visit, I sat at the bar so I could watch a football game. Had a great steak, perfectly cooked and an excellent crab bisque. Plus they have a reasonable corkage charge which allows you to bring in a special wine which they decant and serve in their amazing Riedel glasses! Most places don't have these glasses as they are very expensive and break easily if you aren't careful. The bartenders are great too.Special Features:
- Best RestaurantMernDined on 10/17/2014This is the best restaurant in the Columbus area. We have never been disappointed in our visits to J. Gilbert's.Special Features:
- Wife's Birthday DinnerdonbyDined on 10/13/2014We had a wonderful dinner at J Gilbert's for my wife's birthday celebration! The service was fantastic and the food was to die for. They had a special bone in fillet the evening we were there which was probably the best steak I've ever had in Columbus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JujumusicteachDined on 10/12/2014I am never disappointed when dining here! I prefer the setbacks here over Eddie Merlots or Mitchell's. It's quiet and relaxing with a great staff.Special Features:
- simply the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/11/2014Our experience is always top notch at J Gilbert's. This time, however, it was exceptional.😺😺my rack of lamb was especially good & my husband ribeye steak was delicious. We always feel so welcome when we come in. So glad we found this gem several years ago. We always look forward to a nite out at J Gilbert's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Swing and a MissOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/11/2014My wife and I would consider J Gilbert our favorite special occasion restaurant in Columbus...and will most likely be back. However when i chose to spend this much for a steak dinner i expect it to be Great. I ordered my steak Med Rare and it was med rare the first few bites, but as i got further into the steak it got to the point where it was almost med well done. Ive been to J Gilberts on several other occasions and have had great experiences, but this one left me a little disappointed. Our waiter was great for the most part, but never came to check on us throughout the meal. He did really well in being prompt to bring us our salad and the entreés but that was the last we saw of him until he brought our checks.Special Features:
- Simply superb experience!!!RavingFanDined on 10/6/2014The easiest way to describe how I feel about the venue for anyone whom hasn't experienced it is to say; "it's the best time they've never had"!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceDel5JuliaVIPDined on 10/6/2014Are Waitress and the Manager where more then AccommodatingSpecial Features:
- My FavoriteMernDined on 10/6/2014This is my favorite restaurant. I always order the same thing, and it is always done to order. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Top notch restaurant!SpecialDined on 10/4/2014Pricey but great service and food. Great place for a special occasionSpecial Features:
- steakloverDined on 10/4/2014Great food, great service, and great atmosphere. The price was very reasonable. I would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasion perksColonelkDined on 10/3/2014I always enjoy J Gilbert's but the distance is too long, for regular outings. They make you feel special, when they send a $25 certificate, for your birthday. They also send promotions during the year. It is worth the trip for cooked to perfection steaks, a nice wine list, ambiance and service.Special Features:
- Wonderful DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/3/2014My Husband and I traveled to Columbus for a concert, but ended up not going due to the weather. We stumbled upon J. Gilbert's by using open table. What great luck! The restaurant is beautiful inside. Our server Allen was just amazing! And the food was some of the best we've had. We will absolutely visit again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!wvilleDined on 10/1/2014This is our go-to special place for us to share a special dinner. We had an awesome dinner, with extra special service.Special Features:
- One of Columbus bestoldman68Dined on 10/1/2014If you want a really really great steak this is the place. The filet I had was one of the best this 69 year old gent has ever had. Everything was top notch and the sever could not have been better, we ask a question and she went right to the kitchen to find the answer. If your want a top meal in Columbus go to the J. Gilbert's.Special Features:
- Good menuweederVIPDined on 9/27/2014We gone to J. Gilberts many times for good steaks and seafood but this time I decided to try something different-their roasted half chicken and was it tasty! I'd certainly recommend it. Generally, a reservation is best at this busy restaurant although not necessary if you go early or late. Although it's a rather large restaurant the way they've used partial walls, different levels and a nice fire place it feels rather private and cozy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014My girlfriend of 3 years and I were on our yearly vacation so we decided to go here on our date. Our waitress was very good. She had a good knowledge of the menu and gave us wonderful recommendations. Wonderful food and good drinks as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tops our list for romantic dinnerFirefox8Dined on 9/27/2014From the moment we were greeted at the door, we were treated special. Not only was everything elegantly prepared for us, but the combination of sauces and quality of the food was tops! They noted that we were going to share the two dinners and they actually brought it out for us on two plates already split. From the wine to the desert and coffee the meal was fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014Our experience was amazing! It was our date night away from the kiddos and the service and good were top notch! Usually I find at least one thing I dislike, but J Gilbert's has everything figured out. My husband and I shares the (3) 4oz filets (that were cooked to perfection) and the scallops that were delicious! We will be back soon!!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinner @ J. Gilbert'strw1960Dined on 9/25/2014This was our first visit to J. Gilbert's. Very romantic atmosphere. The service and food were excellent. We each ordered the 6 oz fillet Mignon, but with different sides. All were very tasty. We were asked right after we were seated if we were celebrating a special occasion. The waiter brought us complimentary Champagne to celebrate our anniversary. We ordered desserts to take home. He the chocolate cake...me the carrot cake. I didn't taste the chocolate cake, but the carrot cake was to die for!! There were other items on the menu I would like to try. We would definitely make a return trip to this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful mealStewartVIPDined on 9/24/2014The service was very good. The food was perfect. My medium rare filet came out just as I expected. We'll go back.Special Features:
- The best steaks east of OmahaDrJonathanDined on 9/23/2014The care that goes into the cut, aging, and presentation of their steaks is amazing and a culinary delight. The side dishes are not your typical preparations, i.e. the creamed corn was uniquely prepared, tasted fire-roasted with a hunt of cheese and some exotic spices. Everything from the first glass of pinot grigio to the last Nutty Irishman coffee was fantastic. The wait staff are attentive and the ambiance is great. I found it a very romantic and fairly-priced fine dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Food & ServicenotfoodiesDined on 9/21/2014We were able to have our favorite server who was training an amazing server at the same time. We had wonderful conversation & banter with our server(s) & had the most wonderful chance to celebrate our 51st Anniversary in style! Their food suggestions that were not what we usually order were excellent & gave us a chance to try something different. We usually are not adventurous & this was a chance to venture into new territory. Try it, You'll like it!!!Special Features:
- We always enjoy dinner @ J GilbertsKevinDined on 9/21/2014Another fine dining experience at J Gilberts. The pre fix menu has great appeal for us as it includes a salad, main course, and desert for a more than fair price. Service was a little off at this visit, as the waiter seemed pre occupied. Over all another nice dinner @ J Gilberts!Special Features:
- Pricey but worth itPickydinerDined on 9/20/2014Very nice neighborhood spot with incredibly impressive quality steaks. The "wood fired" is a great touch giving the meal an extra special flavor. They are not bashful when it comes to price but they do give nice menu choices that are a bit less expensive. Not many restaurants have a $58 steak on the menu. This one does so make sure you check the price before ordering. Our server was very knowledgable with both the wine and food. Steaks also come as ordered. Make sure you know how you like them cooked. Rare means Rare. Their 4oz trio is one of the best offerings in the city. The three sauces make them even better.Special Features:
- J. Gilbert's is a GemPartyof6Dined on 9/20/2014We always treat our son to dinner at J. Gilbert's when we visit him at the Josephinum. The food is always creative and amazing. The service is top-notch. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Awesome place!LuvambiancediningDined on 9/19/2014Absolutely will return! Food was fantastic & the atmosphere was super cool..beautiful decor set with dim lighting, stone walls accompanying wood slatted ceilings and various floor levels. Cool drink menu on a bourbon bottle. Multiple steak orders at our table with an Ahi Tuna order in there too. Everything was mouth watering good and cooked to perfection. Our waiter was a bit overzealous in his descriptions and delivery but was super nice. And could have been a bit more attentive and less 'I'll grab your drinks/bread/whatever & be right back' ..as our bread got there awhile after our appetizers arrived. (Maybe just trying too hard & needs more practice cuz he was truly a nice guy.) Overall..Will definitely return! Great night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findPanther74Dined on 9/19/2014We were looking for a good restaurant in the Columbus area. It was the occasion of our daughter's 18th birthday. In all aspects, J. Gilbert's was the perfect place for our dinnerSpecial Features:
- BirthdayMosgrandmaDined on 9/19/2014We have come here for birthdays and anniversaries for a few years. We have never been disappointed with our experience. The food is awesome and the service is always wonderful. The wait staff know their menu very well and are very good.Special Features:
- Great anniversary dinner!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/18/2014The greater immediately congratulated us on our anniversary and our waiter was awesome. The food was delicious and the desserts was to die for!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 40thAnniversaryDined on 9/12/2014We have come here for the past 8-9 years for our anniversary. We love it.Special Features:
- J. Gilbert's never ceases to WOW!HitthespotDined on 9/11/2014Wonderful dining atmosphere. Dim lighting but light enough so you can still read the menu! Beautiful fireplace. Romantic. Creative wine/beer bottle menu. Love the real candles decorating the surrounding walls. Bar looks awesome and comfortable to sit down and chat. Fine dining. Excellent food! Love the steak and potatoes! Service is great! Great place to go and catch up with a friend and/or great place to have a get together with a group from work and/or great place to take the significant other!Special Features:
- JGilbertsReviewsDined on 9/11/2014I highly recommend this resturant from the bar to a full dining experience. The team of staff is attentive, knowledgable and highly experienced. The food is absolutly outstanding from the salad through desert. We had enjoyed the seafood platter that was abundent & so very fresh, the cut of filet of beef on the bone was OUTSTANDING!!! The meal was topped off by chocolate velvet cake which is made in house with a side of homemade rasberry ice cream. What I woud give for a second helping of the desert, lucky for me I work around the corner. If you like great food and amazing service, this is the pace.Special Features:
- Worth the price!DateNightDined on 9/6/2014My husband and I were both impressed at the food and service from J.gilbert. We will definitely be back soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful evening!MUHokieDined on 9/5/2014We were celebrating with friends and had a great experience. The food was prepared perfectly; the portions and presentation was very good. We thouroughly enjjoyed the dinner.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/5/2014The dining area was crowded and tables way too small to accommodate the large dinner plates. Food was very good however. Service was mediocre at best. Long waits for drinks.
- Have been a few timesKennethDined on 9/5/2014Ordered a cheese and meat appetizer. Overall terrible. It would appear they purchase meats from grocery store prepackaged meats. Maybe (Costco?) Dinner was ok - but just as Good as on other occasions.Special Features:
- Great EveningjarheadDined on 8/31/2014My wife and I had a very enjoyable evening for our 2nd wedding anniversary celebration, the food was excellent and the service was perfect! I would go back again tomorrow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AaronDined on 8/31/2014Great place to eat, everything was great, quick service, good food, servicesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.