J. Gilbert’s Wood-Fired Steaks & Seafood - West County Center
17A West County Center Suite A102
Des Peres, MO 63131Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
J. Gilbert’s Wood-Fired Steaks & Seafood - West County Center
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.jgilberts.com/
- Phone: (314) 965-4600
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday 11:30am-3pm.
Dinner: Monday - Saturday 4-10pm & Sunday 4-9pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Verhny Avanzado
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Off-Site Catering is available
- Private Party Facilities: Whether you are looking to host a large dinner party or a smaller group for a special celebration, J. Gilbert’s is the place! We specialize in making all your private events — business lunches and dinners, company functions, special celebrations, holiday parties and more — unique and unforgettable.
- Private Party Contact: Dawn Allen 3147242666x
- Special Events: Happy hour food and drink specials: Monday - Friday | 4pm-7pm | Bar only.
A word from J. Gilbert’s Wood-Fired Steaks & Seafood - West County Center
J. Gilbert's is an "upscale casual" steakhouse serving prime-aged beef cooked over a mesquite wood-fired grill. Guests enjoy various cuts of steak, fresh seafood (including award-winning crab cakes) & other house made favorites like the Maytag Bleu potato chips. The cozy atmosphere includes rich wood, brick & soft lighting where you can enjoy a quiet table or host a large party. The extensive martini & wine list offers the perfect compliment to an excellent meal delivered with attentive service. J. Gilbert's is open daily for dinner & lunch. Reservations are recommended.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
J. Gilbert’s Wood-Fired Steaks & Seafood - West County Center - Best Restaurants in Des Peres ›
J. Gilbert’s Wood-Fired Steaks & Seafood - West County Center reviews from OpenTable diners
151 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (112)romantic (80)fit for foodies (55)notable wine list (50)good for groups (45)neighborhood gem (39)vibrant bar scene (25)hot spot (15)great for outdoor dining (15)great for lunch (10)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (7)Show More
- outstanding experienceccampoDined on 11/15/2014We went here for our anniversary. Although it was a little pricey it was well worth it. The food, service and ambiance of this restaurant was outstanding. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional service at J. GilbertregularVIPDined on 11/15/2014We had the best service ever in going to J. Gilbert his last weekend. Our server, Ashley, went out of her way to make the evening specialSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CarolDined on 11/14/2014This is one of my nist favorite places. The food is outstanding as well as the service. Love the atmosphere. Highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great seafood and steakspaulajeanVIPDined on 11/9/2014the steak was prepared perfectly and the salmon was deliciousSpecial Features:
- imoneof2Dined on 11/8/2014Our woodfired filet mignon and salmon was amazing! Second time here.Always great everything😃Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic eveningTommyGDined on 11/8/2014My wife and I had a very special dinner. We were seated in one of the U shaped booths and it was quite romantic. We started with a Crab Cake appetizer, it was absolutely excellent. We both had steaks and they were very good, cooked as ordered and seasoned to bring out the best flavor. Jeremy was our waiter and he did an outstanding job, always near by he helped make the evening special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014Excellent food and service. Would highly recommend.Special Features:
- BifFDined on 11/7/2014excellent experience love the booth and the fireplace and the serviceSpecial Features:
- Nice Eveningfun5Dined on 11/7/2014It was our first visit and our waitress was amazing at helping us decide what to order & enjoy! We went with our teenage kids & had a nice relaxing dinner!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business lunchCK314Dined on 11/7/2014great spot to hold a business lunch meeting. Service was great and food was excellent. Thank you.Special Features:
- Expected more. But just averageHealthymunchieDined on 11/7/2014Ambience was good and service is also good except we had to wait for check for 20 min. They have very good wine list and open bar feels good. The only problem is entree looked to be oily. I had crab melt and the bread for melt is way too oily and even the chips has oil dripping. Apart from this, everything else is fine.Special Features:
- GabbyVIPDined on 11/6/2014Love this place. The scallops are to die for, possibly better than the filet! I always get the 4 oz filet and scallop combo and never disappointed. You get four huge sweet and tender sea scallops. Sign up for the birthday promo and they will send you a $25 gift card for your birthday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First VisitOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/3/2014I brought 2 clients from out of town to the restaurant - Menu - specials - and dinner was fantastic. I will definitely visit again in the futureSpecial Features:
- Always great!!cozzieDined on 11/1/2014Great location for my friends & I to meet. Even though its at the mall- doesnt feel that way. Everytime I visit the food is amazing. April was our server & did an excellent job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysMarciaDined on 11/1/2014My husband and I have eaten here several times and only once was my filet not choice, but that is out of 50 dinners or so. My husband usually gets the fish special and is never disappointed. Our waiter Joey was attentive but not bothersome. My lemon drop martini was perfect as well as my husbands Cab. They have a wonderful wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/1/2014Saturday nite 7:15 reservation for 6 had the salad served at 8:15 and the main course after 9, with 2 steaks over-cooked and one under-done, wrong requested side. Manager's comment - the kitchen got backed up. The server was great - a slow kitchen not her fault, but don't promise food will be up shortly and then have a half hour wait. Not an inexpensive dinner and not worth the price. We won't be coming back. Really wanted it to be better
- Awesome place!GracelandladyDined on 11/1/2014This was my return visit and everything was great. I would highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/31/2014Went here for a friend's birthday.. I was very impressed with the service, the great ambiance and the mouth watering food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectMaruA86Dined on 10/30/2014My husband and I thought the food was perfect. We recommend steak and scallops. They even offered free dessert to end our celebration dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fast service/great foodPrincessDined on 10/24/2014We needed to eat in an hour to make it to the theater for an 8:00 performance. Without feeling rushed, we were able to have drinks and the prix fixe 3 course meal. The service was excellent and the food was delicious.Special Features:
- A Very Happy BirthdaySharpMedicineDined on 10/22/2014I utilized a Birthday certificate a few weeks after the actual day to coincide with a wine tasting J. Gilbert's offers and was delighted with my experience. Dining with two children, service was prompt, personable and very professional. The food was excellent. Perfectly seasoned, proper temperature and prepared exactly as ordered. Job well done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MealJoeM54Dined on 10/21/2014This was our first time at J. Gilbert's, but it will not be our last. Celebrated the end of my radiation treatments with a great meal, in a relaxing and romantic environment.Special Features:
- Birthday Dinner Success StorydinneroutDined on 10/18/2014I took my boyfriend there for his birthday. He is a foodie. We got there early, a 6:00 reservation and enjoyed taking in the atmosphere and a cocktail. By the time we started our dinner, which was fantastic, the tables were all full. The service remained excellent through out the meal. We will definitely return for another special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- J. Gilbert's ReviewJcrawdadDined on 10/18/2014I decided to choose J. Gilbert's Wood-Fired Steaks and Seafood as the place to get my 25th birthday dinner because of their inclusive menu. As a young adult cost is very important to me. I felt that J. Gilbert's menu was one that would allow me get the most bang for my buck. The Prix-Fixe menu was a great option, as first time diners. My fiance and I were able to get a variety of dishes including Filet, Scallops, Crab cakes, Sides, Salad and Dessert for less than $100. We additionally decided to split a half pound lobster tail, which made the meal very filling. The wine list was good, but I thoroughly enjoyed the Barrel Aged Manhattan. All in all the meal was excellent and would strongly consider returning for another meal.Special Features:
- John LittrellOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/10/2014Good Food, good atmosphere and great service. Jason B was our waiter and was very knowledgable, great recommendations and very attentive to our group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome first experience!JepaliDined on 10/6/2014My husband and I visited J. Gilbert's for his birthday. I had off-handedly mentioned that it was his birthday, and they had gone above and beyond to make the day special for him. The service we received from our server, Ryland, was exceptional, and the food was amazing! We'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experiencerockyDined on 10/5/2014The menu is full of quality steaks, seafood and entree choices. The atmosphere is quiet but not stuffy and the service is top notch.Special Features:
- Excellent dining experienceBlakeBDined on 10/4/2014Food was outstanding. Steaks cooked the perfection and great flavor! Service was quick and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gilbert's the Great!SkipDined on 10/4/2014Great fun great food excellent server. Always a unanimous choice among our friends and family. Never are we rushed through our meal. A big thumbs up!👍Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SIMPLY AWESOME!cncsadventuresDined on 9/26/2014This was our first visit, we eat at a lot of finer dining restaurants, and were pleasantly surprised by the food, wine list, atmosphere, and service. This will be one of me and my husbands go to spots for special occasions! My husband travels for a living and eats at a ton of restaurants around the world, and raved about the lamb chops here. I had 4oz filet and crab cakes...simply to die for, perfect amount of food! Can't wait to dine here again!Special Features:
- Consistently ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/14/2014This is one of our favorite places. The Swordfish special was fantastic, prepared and seasoned perfectly. We really appreciate the half-priced bottles of wine special on Sunday nights. The servers are very professional and courteous.Special Features:
- onederlandBringmebacksoonDined on 9/14/2014I came because I had a birthday coupon. I had never been there before. I will be sure to come back and tell all of my friends about my incredible meal!! I'm still thinking about it! I ordered the 4 oz filet (plenty with the rest of the meal), the specialty mushroom dish, baked potato and last, but far from least, it came with scallops cooked in browned butter. OMG, they were so delicious!!!! I shared my desert (creme brulee) with my boyfriend and it was delicious. Best meal I can remember having!! I can't wait to return!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodJoyceeDined on 9/13/2014Really enjoyed our dinner Saturday evening. We were celebrating my best friends 60th birthday and she and her husbands 42nd anniversary. We all enjoyed our dinner immensely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/9/2014We love the gin and tonics that J. Gilberts serve with the special bottled tonic. As usual our steak was cooked perfectly and my husband thought the pork chop was outstanding. We enjoyed the same great service.Special Features:
- Great - all aroundDurhamEatsDined on 9/2/2014From the moment you step in you say WOW! The restaurant (including the bathroom) is beautiful. The menu is small but covers everything you might want - making it hard to decide. Lunch for $12.50 included soup or salad, entree and a side. Wine by the bottle in 1/2 price on Sunday. This is going to be my go to place for a glass of wine on the way home. Love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great seafood and steakspaulajeanVIPDined on 8/31/2014The salmon entree is delicious, also the steak was perfectly prepared. Love the bread and butters also!Special Features:
- Awesome!BundyDined on 8/30/2014Always great food and service! We loved our meal. We were celebrating our anniversary and received a free dessert as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular!DatenightoutDined on 8/30/2014This was my third time dining at J. Gilbert's & it is consistently superb. The steaks are prepared exactly as requested & very tender. Excellent service & ambiance is a perfect complement to this incredible dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerMoorediningDined on 8/29/2014Special occasion for my birthday. Food was great as always. I was a little disappointed in the spinach. It was not as good this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Order problemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014the reservation was for 5 adults & 2 children, with the 10 yr old always ordering from the adult menu. One of the adults ordered scallops to be added to his steak order. The server forgot to do so. Food was great & steaks were proberly prepared at the required temperature, x-rare; medium-rare & medium. Deserts came with 2 of the orders, & as instructed the server brought additional forks & spoons so that everyone could share. Very expensive, but also a great place to eat for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.