J. Gilbert’s – Wood Fired Steaks & Seafood – Glastonbury
185 Glastonbury Blvd.
Glastonbury, CT 06033Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
J. Gilbert’s – Wood Fired Steaks & Seafood – Glastonbury
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.jgilberts.com/Home.aspx?826
- Phone: 8606590409
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Monday: 4pm - 9pm, Tuesday - Saturday: 4pm - 10pm
Happy Hour at the bar top: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 6:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Erik Blomstrann
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: J. Gilbert’s – Wood Fired Steaks & Seafood can accommodate lunch groups of 25 adult or more & can accommodate up to 42 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Manager 8606590409
- Special Events: Join us for happy hour Sunday - Friday 4pm - 6:30pm. Appetizers starting at $5.50 & $1 off Beer (draft & bottled) and Well Drinks, House Wine $5 Martinis $5.95.
A word from J. Gilbert’s – Wood Fired Steaks & Seafood – Glastonbury
J. Gilbert's is an "upscale casual" steakhouse serving prime-aged beef cooked over a mesquite wood-fired grill. Guests enjoy various cuts of steak, fresh seafood (including award-winning crab cakes) & other house made favorites like the Maytag Blue potato chips & chocolate velvet cake. The cozy atmosphere includes fire side dining, rich wood, brick & soft lighting where you can enjoy dinner for two or host a large party. The extensive martini & wine list offers the perfect compliment to an excellent meal delivered with attentive service. J. Gilbert's is open for dinner seven days a week, beginning at 4pm. Reservations are highly recommended.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
J. Gilbert’s – Wood Fired Steaks & Seafood – Glastonbury - Best Restaurants in Glastonbury ›
J. Gilbert’s – Wood Fired Steaks & Seafood – Glastonbury reviews from OpenTable diners
343 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (266)romantic (123)fit for foodies (121)notable wine list (85)neighborhood gem (81)good for groups (72)vibrant bar scene (49)hot spot (32)kid-friendly (11)great for lunch (11)late-night find (9)great for brunch (6)scenic view (4)Show More
- Wonderful diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014I would say one of the best Lump Crab Cakes I have had north of MD.Special Features:
- EnjoyableSandyDined on 9/13/2014Food and atmosphere a delite. Presentation very nice I will definitely make a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a little tightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014the booth for six was a little cramped , created small issues with serving and where to put things also, created a little bit of communication problems with the set up and noise level the two hour window put a rush into the end of our stay, being a birthday with attendees from different states overall it was a very enjoyable dinner , Kyle the waiter was greatSpecial Features:
- Love this placeHols10Dined on 9/12/2014Go it's the best. Everything you order is delicious. Service is prompt and friendly. Food always piping hot.Special Features:
- genegeneDined on 9/11/2014I always enjoy Gilberts dining and their bar is outstanding with their bartender SamSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- patronOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/11/2014Excellent food & service; why do i have to write 50 characters?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good night a J'sfiletloverDined on 9/10/2014Excellent as always. J. Gilberts is our go to place for anytime we want something special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wasn't that impressed2gooddogsDined on 9/10/2014We went to J. Gilbert's to use a gift card we received over a year ago and to celebrate our 26th wedding anniversary. It was our first time and we had heard good things about it. I had the swordfish special topped with a mango and The flavor was good but the fish was a little dry. This meal came with 2 side dishes and cost $33.00. My husband had a combo with a 6oz filet mignon and a crab cake. Although the crab cake was a little fishy tasting, served it with a spicy dipping sauce which he liked. They cook all their steaks over a mesquite wood which my husband did not care for. He said it was an over powering flavor for the meat. Drinks were reasonable 8.50 for a White Russian. Meals didn't come with salad. Nice atmosphere but over priced.Special Features:
- Great timeMissEmmaDined on 9/10/2014Great food, Great wine, Great service, GREAT GREAT GREATSpecial Features:
- Never fails to amaze!MomofthreeDined on 9/6/2014Everything was wonderful. The wood fired steaks are just incredible and cooked to perfection. I love the filet combos where you can add those amazing scallops to your meal! Au gratin potatoes were wonderful to. Our server Ashlynn was attentive but never made us feel rushed. Great night out!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemHappydinerDined on 9/5/2014We had Ken for our waiter every time we've gone there and the service is excellent. We order with no butter, wine allergy in any sauce, and no shellfish. He has never failed us and the food is delicious, cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- Delicious foodbirdwomanDined on 9/4/2014One of our favorite spots for a delicious meal. Never had anything that wasn't first rate. Though your meal can be a little pricey, you get what you pay for which is high quality food, cooked to order. The mushroom risotto and poblano potatoes for side selections are the best. I highly recommend this restaurant to everyone.Special Features:
- nonicknamebillDined on 9/1/2014Every thing was fine - Thank You. Food and service, although a little pricey, are always excellent!Special Features:
- J. Gilbert's never disappointsJimRVIPDined on 9/1/2014We've visited with family several times and always enjoy delicious well prepared dishes. The menu, broad enough to cater to most anyone, ranges from raw seafood to superb steaks and chops. The wine list is very good and service is excellent. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treat!riss1970Dined on 8/31/2014Never had a bad meal. J. Gilbert's has always been a positive dining experience for us. Looking forward to our next visit back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentAndyDined on 8/31/2014Its not the first time we have been. Service is always good. Food is great.
- mrmikeDined on 8/31/2014This was our first visit to J Gilberts. It was for our 40th anniversary. Everything was very very nice. One of the best meals my wife and I have had. The filets melted in your mouth. The scallops and crab cake were perfectSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/31/2014Excellent service outstanding food. You can't go wrong with any choice on the menu. Just fabulous!!Special Features:
- Awesome food consistentlyFoodmeDined on 8/30/2014Over the past few years we have dined at J Gilbert's numerous times, the food is always excellent. I'm hooked on the filet and scallop combo but sometimes venture into their specials. The chef is very creative and the staff is always welcoming and efficient. If you dine there request Sergio as your waiter, you will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome restaurantTjs825Dined on 8/30/2014J.Gilbert's continues to be the best restaurant I have ever eaten at. Awesome service, great waitstaff, food is fantastic, just can't beat this place for an overall dining event. I have come here with just my wife, and with many family members. Either way, J. Gilbert's have never disappointed me. We have been coming here for over ten years they just seem to be getting bertter and better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great eating experence.ElayniDined on 8/30/2014the service was very good, I found the sword fish to be out of this world , very tender and great tasting, the scallops tender and sweet. I would recommend dinning at J.Gilberts to any one who is looking for a great place to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steak & SeafoodPatrickDined on 8/28/2014A little pricey but excellent. Try their signature Makers Manhattan...outstandingSpecial Features:
- Always excellent!JewelDDined on 8/28/2014You can't beat the food at this restaurant. Consistently wonderful! Great for both steak and seafood lovers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceTommyODined on 8/28/2014This is my favorite restaurant, always great food and great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistentEatingCanadaDined on 8/27/2014We have been here several times. This occasion we took my nephew and his fiance to dinner. Initially the waiter was pushing to get the drink and food orders in when it was obviious the group wanted to converse. He finally got the message and backed off. The food was very good and we all enjoyed our meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steak House...ZdogDined on 8/26/2014...with excellent menu choices in all catagories (I especially like the selection of fresh oysters and the sides that accompany the entrees) and a very nice wine list. A fun place with a lively and loud atmosphere (not the place for a quiet romantic dinner), with attentive and expert wait staff, and a manager who checks in at each table to make sure all is well. Make sure to make reservations because this place is full of diners every night of the week!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebration dinnerLmarthaDined on 8/26/2014I have to say I was surprised at the response to my Open Table reservation. Knowing that this is a vivacious restaurant and that we were out for an anniversary dinner, I requested a 'quiet and private' table if possible. Upon arrival at our table we were greeted with a special decorative setting and all of the staff made it a point to come by and congratulate us as well as offering a complimentary dessert (made on the premises by a very deft hand!). Ver good food, nice menu, attentive staff. I highly recommend J. Gilbert's!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014Sandy was our waitress and did a fantastic job! She was very friendly, stopped by at just the right times, kept the water glasses full.Special Features:
- Wonderful!NewdinerDined on 8/24/2014Best meal I have had in years. Food was delicious, service and wine suggestion perfect. Not cheap, but a great place to go for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Scallops everegorDined on 8/24/2014I don't know how they do it. I have never had scallops so perfectly prepared time and time again. Their steaks are delicious and the side dishes are equally delectable. This is my favorite restaurant. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- A very Happy Birthday...OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/24/2014Because we go to J. Gilbert's a couple of times a year, I received a birthday email entitling me to one free entree with the purchase of a second. I didn't need a free meal to go back to J.Gilbert's. But I certainly wasn't going to miss out. We always enjoy everything about dining here and we will definitely keep coming back!!!Special Features:
- Good but priceylikestocookDined on 8/23/2014The is our third or fourth time here. Food was good but menu seemed limited. Prices were high for type of restaurant. Service was slow.
- Another wonderful meal hereSuzanneCDined on 8/21/2014We stayed away because the food was a little pricey for our budget. However we made an exception recently and took my parents here about 6 wks ago. They were dazzled, and the waiter was so kind to them. Then we found ourselves here again just this past week. Same waiter-Sergio-and again, he was super-kind. He made sure my disabled partner made it into the bathroom without mishap. The food was exceptional and to my surprise, while waiting for my partner outside the men's room, ANOTHER member of the staff came to check on whether I needed help. I did not, but the attentiveness to each patron's level of comfort was impressive. This restaurant handles both gluten-free and dairy-free with ease. I so wish we could afford to eat here more often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014Reception area very rude. Was told could not have booth for 5. Took 15 minutes to seat us when we had a reservation. At the price we paid, we didn't expect front desk to be rude. Price was $260.00 for 4 individuals -- 2 who didn't drink. We would return to Longhorns in heartbeat. Great service and top steaks for less money. Filet - 8 oz. - at Longhorns was much better than the steak served at your restaurant. First time we have been very disappointed.Special Features:
- Never disappointsDebCDined on 8/17/2014This was not our first dining experience at J. Gilbert nor will it be our last. Their quality of food, service and wine is superb. When we last dined there, they had a swordfish special served over tomato risotto that was fantastic! We always share the chopped salad which I have tried to reproduce at home but just can't get it right. Overall J. Gilbert is a wonderful dining experience. If you want excellent food and attentive service, this is the place to go.Special Features:
- Great serviceAnniversaryDined on 8/16/2014The food is always delish. Jennifer B was our server and she was exceptional; knowledgable and personable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best. Steak. EVER!JustinHDined on 8/15/2014The filet mignon was cooked perfectly, I was able to cut it with a fork! The lobster mac & cheese was amazing as always, this is my go-to resturant for any day worth celebrating!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- roshVIPDined on 8/14/2014J Gilbert's is great for dinner of Happy Hour. Food and atmosphere is always fun. Steaks are great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014J.Gilbert ' s as always hits a home run, for the steaks and the serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimeAaronDined on 8/12/2014My boss took me to J. Gilberts as he always goes there and always told me how great it was. We are foodies. Had an excellent time - our server was spot on and very professional, knowledgeable and knew everything about how the food was prepared, sourced, etc. She knew the wine list and drinks well and made excellent recommendations. If the great service didn't already win me over the food was excellent. Perfectly seasoned and prepared just as I expected. It was delicious. Excellent place - can't wait to go back.Special Features: