J. Gilbert’s – Wood Fired Steaks & Seafood – Glastonbury
185 Glastonbury Blvd.
Glastonbury, CT 06033Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
J. Gilbert’s – Wood Fired Steaks & Seafood – Glastonbury
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.jgilberts.com/Home.aspx?826
- Phone: 8606590409
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Monday: 4pm - 9pm, Tuesday - Saturday: 4pm - 10pm
Happy Hour at the bar top: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 6:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Erik Blomstrann
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: J. Gilbert’s – Wood Fired Steaks & Seafood can accommodate lunch groups of 25 adult or more & can accommodate up to 42 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Manager 8606590409
- Special Events: Join us for happy hour Sunday - Friday 4pm - 6:30pm. Appetizers starting at $5.50 & $1 off Beer (draft & bottled) and Well Drinks, House Wine $5 Martinis $5.95.
A word from J. Gilbert’s – Wood Fired Steaks & Seafood – Glastonbury
J. Gilbert's is an "upscale casual" steakhouse serving prime-aged beef cooked over a mesquite wood-fired grill. Guests enjoy various cuts of steak, fresh seafood (including award-winning crab cakes) & other house made favorites like the Maytag Blue potato chips & chocolate velvet cake. The cozy atmosphere includes fire side dining, rich wood, brick & soft lighting where you can enjoy dinner for two or host a large party. The extensive martini & wine list offers the perfect compliment to an excellent meal delivered with attentive service. J. Gilbert's is open for dinner seven days a week, beginning at 4pm. Reservations are highly recommended.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
J. Gilbert’s – Wood Fired Steaks & Seafood – Glastonbury - Best Restaurants in Glastonbury ›
J. Gilbert’s – Wood Fired Steaks & Seafood – Glastonbury reviews from OpenTable diners
347 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (262)fit for foodies (129)romantic (124)notable wine list (92)neighborhood gem (87)good for groups (79)vibrant bar scene (57)hot spot (39)great for lunch (11)late-night find (11)kid-friendly (11)great for brunch (7)scenic view (4)Show More
- Another great mealMikeDined on 9/28/2014My wife and I went to dinner this past Sunday, as an early birthday dinner, for myself. As usual, the meal was excellent!!!! Our waiter, Ken, was great! We enjoyed the meal very much and look forward to our next dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dining ExperiencefoodsnobDined on 9/27/2014My husband and I celebrated our 28th wedding anniversary at J. Gilbert's and had a memorable time. The food was excellent -- the baby field greens salad was fresh and the dressing went with it perfectly. My salmon was moist and tender and everything on my plate was served hot, just the way I like it. My husband ordered the filet mignon and it was tender and perfectly seasoned. We will definitely return to J. Gilbert's in November for my birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gilbert'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Food was good but didn't match the price. I remember on prior visits the food was much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The ultimate dinner experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Very simply, forget Morton's, Ruth Chris, Smith Wollensky .,I've had them all. J Gilbert is #1 in food, service, atmosphere and overall experience. They are at their own level and everyone else is secondary at best. This is THE place to go. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealgloraxDined on 9/24/2014I had an excellent meal at J. Gilbert's. The pork chop with it's raisin and cherry chutney on top was outstanding. Really enjoyed the spinach which they did with shallots and balsamic. Different than your typical spinach. The restaurant itself was bustling and somewhat loud.Special Features:
- O.M.G. Good food!!PeripateticDined on 9/22/2014Matt our waiter was outstanding, walked us through great choices. Wine list - fabulous and we got there on a half-price night - What a gift!! charcuterie board, filet mignon choices - cooked to perfection. I usually can't get "raw plus" - but I could here and it was sensational! Wild rice pilaf with mushrooms was fabulous and a great pairing, and the wine pairing was SOOOooo good. Would go all the time if we lived in the area. Little bit noisy and table was small for 2 of us - but very do-able and still intimate. It was a vibrant noisy, not a horrible noise.Special Features:
- Awesome ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/22/2014Great food, very knowledgable wait staff, excellent service and overall setting. The flavors they combine in their food was outstanding. Would highly recommend!Special Features:
- DinnerTahoedebDined on 9/20/2014Great food and drinks at a reasonable price. The only downfall is that it's gardt o ft a reservation since it's a popular food spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not my normal experienceJohnDined on 9/19/2014This was a special occasion and I had hoped that J.G's would measure up. The food was typically great, however service was slow to the point where we just wanted to leave. The server was very slow to offer any beverage refills and we ran dry a couple of times. We ordered dessert to go and it was literally 30 minutes between receiving those items and getting hold of our server to ask for a check. On the restaurant's side it was a full night. The table next to us had repeated visits though, and what was more unusual is that one of the parties gave the hostess a discrete gratuity in order to bring in his own wine. I wish that was available to everyone. Suffice it to say that we felt very much like second class and will probably not return.Special Features:
- Great evening!HopeDined on 9/19/2014We went with another couple and all four of us greatly enjoyed the evening. The food was excellent. Our steaks were cooked to perfection and the one diner who had seafood indicated it was really good. I had the filet mignon, and rather than pick two sides, I simply ordered the tomato mozzarella salad, and asked for it to come out on the same plate. It was beautiful, with heirloom tomatoes and fresh mozzarella. One of us had the combo of filet mignon and a crab cake, which also was really good. I highly recommend the blue cheese sauce for your steak. Very impressed with the service. Our server affirmatively asked if there were any food allergies, which was important since my friend has severe nut allergies. Great evening!Special Features:
- Gre8place2eatDined on 9/19/2014Never had a bad meal!!! A true gem! Waitstaff is always friendly and knowledgeable. Our go-to place for a great meal and night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite place to goBeatCrabCakesDined on 9/19/2014Over all J. Gilbert's has wonderful food. Their staff has extensive knowledge of the menu and they have the best crab cakes I have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great VisitDisDevonDined on 9/17/2014Good time once again. Food, atmosphere, and service were outstanding. Thank you for making my Hartford visits a treat :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerLoisandWillisDined on 9/17/2014As always we had a superb dinner at J. Gilberts. I had told them it was our anniversary when making the reservation and they had the table set with extra linen scattered with sequenced hearts. Very nice touch. A lot of the staff came over to wish us a Happy Anniversary, very nice touch, not at all intrusive or annoying. Have recommended this restaurant many times and will go back again ourselves.Special Features:
- Outstanding FoodWillbebackDined on 9/16/2014My family and I go to J. Gilbert's for special occasions. This was for my sons Birthday and the food was outstanding! 5 Stars! The Manager was awesome as well. My only problem was the service wasn't up to J. Gilbert's normal 5 stars. We had to ask for bread and and the staff that brought out our dinner was a little rude. We love this place and definitely will be back for many more great Steaks! I guess just a bad day for some of the staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding as always!!!CARLDined on 9/16/2014Food, service, ambiance top notch. Waitstaff is always responsive, knowledgeable and a pleasure to work with.Special Features:
- Poor food serviceStkluvverDined on 9/14/2014My steak was not medium well but medium. I am tired of the inability of the cooks to properly prepare food. I will probably not go back. I do not like to have a steak re-cooked because it compromises flavor & texture. It also wastes my time. The experience did not make for a pleasant birthday dinner.
- Wonderful diningRichardB13Dined on 9/14/2014I would say one of the best Lump Crab Cakes I have had north of MD.Special Features:
- EnjoyableSandyDined on 9/13/2014Food and atmosphere a delite. Presentation very nice I will definitely make a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a little tightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014the booth for six was a little cramped , created small issues with serving and where to put things also, created a little bit of communication problems with the set up and noise level the two hour window put a rush into the end of our stay, being a birthday with attendees from different states overall it was a very enjoyable dinner , Kyle the waiter was greatSpecial Features:
- Love this placeHols10Dined on 9/12/2014Go it's the best. Everything you order is delicious. Service is prompt and friendly. Food always piping hot.Special Features:
- genegeneDined on 9/11/2014I always enjoy Gilberts dining and their bar is outstanding with their bartender SamSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- patronOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/11/2014Excellent food & service; why do i have to write 50 characters?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good night a J'sfiletloverDined on 9/10/2014Excellent as always. J. Gilberts is our go to place for anytime we want something special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wasn't that impressed2gooddogsDined on 9/10/2014We went to J. Gilbert's to use a gift card we received over a year ago and to celebrate our 26th wedding anniversary. It was our first time and we had heard good things about it. I had the swordfish special topped with a mango and The flavor was good but the fish was a little dry. This meal came with 2 side dishes and cost $33.00. My husband had a combo with a 6oz filet mignon and a crab cake. Although the crab cake was a little fishy tasting, served it with a spicy dipping sauce which he liked. They cook all their steaks over a mesquite wood which my husband did not care for. He said it was an over powering flavor for the meat. Drinks were reasonable 8.50 for a White Russian. Meals didn't come with salad. Nice atmosphere but over priced.Special Features:
- Great timeMissEmmaDined on 9/10/2014Great food, Great wine, Great service, GREAT GREAT GREATSpecial Features:
- Never fails to amaze!MomofthreeDined on 9/6/2014Everything was wonderful. The wood fired steaks are just incredible and cooked to perfection. I love the filet combos where you can add those amazing scallops to your meal! Au gratin potatoes were wonderful to. Our server Ashlynn was attentive but never made us feel rushed. Great night out!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemHappydinerDined on 9/5/2014We had Ken for our waiter every time we've gone there and the service is excellent. We order with no butter, wine allergy in any sauce, and no shellfish. He has never failed us and the food is delicious, cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- Delicious foodbirdwomanDined on 9/4/2014One of our favorite spots for a delicious meal. Never had anything that wasn't first rate. Though your meal can be a little pricey, you get what you pay for which is high quality food, cooked to order. The mushroom risotto and poblano potatoes for side selections are the best. I highly recommend this restaurant to everyone.Special Features:
- nonicknamebillDined on 9/1/2014Every thing was fine - Thank You. Food and service, although a little pricey, are always excellent!Special Features:
- J. Gilbert's never disappointsJimRVIPDined on 9/1/2014We've visited with family several times and always enjoy delicious well prepared dishes. The menu, broad enough to cater to most anyone, ranges from raw seafood to superb steaks and chops. The wine list is very good and service is excellent. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treat!riss1970Dined on 8/31/2014Never had a bad meal. J. Gilbert's has always been a positive dining experience for us. Looking forward to our next visit back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentAndyDined on 8/31/2014Its not the first time we have been. Service is always good. Food is great.
- mrmikeDined on 8/31/2014This was our first visit to J Gilberts. It was for our 40th anniversary. Everything was very very nice. One of the best meals my wife and I have had. The filets melted in your mouth. The scallops and crab cake were perfectSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/31/2014Excellent service outstanding food. You can't go wrong with any choice on the menu. Just fabulous!!Special Features:
- Awesome food consistentlyFoodmeDined on 8/30/2014Over the past few years we have dined at J Gilbert's numerous times, the food is always excellent. I'm hooked on the filet and scallop combo but sometimes venture into their specials. The chef is very creative and the staff is always welcoming and efficient. If you dine there request Sergio as your waiter, you will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome restaurantTjs825Dined on 8/30/2014J.Gilbert's continues to be the best restaurant I have ever eaten at. Awesome service, great waitstaff, food is fantastic, just can't beat this place for an overall dining event. I have come here with just my wife, and with many family members. Either way, J. Gilbert's have never disappointed me. We have been coming here for over ten years they just seem to be getting bertter and better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great eating experence.ElayniDined on 8/30/2014the service was very good, I found the sword fish to be out of this world , very tender and great tasting, the scallops tender and sweet. I would recommend dinning at J.Gilberts to any one who is looking for a great place to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steak & SeafoodPatrickDined on 8/28/2014A little pricey but excellent. Try their signature Makers Manhattan...outstandingSpecial Features:
- Always excellent!JewelDDined on 8/28/2014You can't beat the food at this restaurant. Consistently wonderful! Great for both steak and seafood lovers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.