J. Gilbert’s – Wood Fired Steaks & Seafood – Glastonbury
185 Glastonbury Blvd.
Glastonbury, CT 06033Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
J. Gilbert’s – Wood Fired Steaks & Seafood – Glastonbury
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.jgilberts.com/Home.aspx?826
- Phone: 8606590409
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Monday: 4pm - 9pm, Tuesday - Saturday: 4pm - 10pm
Happy Hour at the bar top: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 6:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Erik Blomstrann
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: J. Gilbert’s – Wood Fired Steaks & Seafood can accommodate lunch groups of 25 adult or more & can accommodate up to 42 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Manager 8606590409
- Special Events: Join us for happy hour Sunday - Friday 4pm - 6:30pm. Appetizers starting at $5.50 & $1 off Beer (draft & bottled) and Well Drinks, House Wine $5 Martinis $5.95.
A word from J. Gilbert’s – Wood Fired Steaks & Seafood – Glastonbury
J. Gilbert's is an "upscale casual" steakhouse serving prime-aged beef cooked over a mesquite wood-fired grill. Guests enjoy various cuts of steak, fresh seafood (including award-winning crab cakes) & other house made favorites like the Maytag Blue potato chips & chocolate velvet cake. The cozy atmosphere includes fire side dining, rich wood, brick & soft lighting where you can enjoy dinner for two or host a large party. The extensive martini & wine list offers the perfect compliment to an excellent meal delivered with attentive service. J. Gilbert's is open for dinner seven days a week, beginning at 4pm. Reservations are highly recommended.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
J. Gilbert’s – Wood Fired Steaks & Seafood – Glastonbury - Best Restaurants in Glastonbury ›
J. Gilbert’s – Wood Fired Steaks & Seafood – Glastonbury reviews from OpenTable diners
331 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (257)romantic (126)fit for foodies (107)notable wine list (82)neighborhood gem (74)good for groups (61)vibrant bar scene (45)hot spot (29)kid-friendly (9)great for lunch (9)great for brunch (7)late-night find (5)scenic view (4)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Always consistentEatingCanadaDined on 8/27/2014We have been here several times. This occasion we took my nephew and his fiance to dinner. Initially the waiter was pushing to get the drink and food orders in when it was obviious the group wanted to converse. He finally got the message and backed off. The food was very good and we all enjoyed our meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steak House...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014...with excellent menu choices in all catagories (I especially like the selection of fresh oysters and the sides that accompany the entrees) and a very nice wine list. A fun place with a lively and loud atmosphere (not the place for a quiet romantic dinner), with attentive and expert wait staff, and a manager who checks in at each table to make sure all is well. Make sure to make reservations because this place is full of diners every night of the week!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebration dinnerLmarthaDined on 8/26/2014I have to say I was surprised at the response to my Open Table reservation. Knowing that this is a vivacious restaurant and that we were out for an anniversary dinner, I requested a 'quiet and private' table if possible. Upon arrival at our table we were greeted with a special decorative setting and all of the staff made it a point to come by and congratulate us as well as offering a complimentary dessert (made on the premises by a very deft hand!). Ver good food, nice menu, attentive staff. I highly recommend J. Gilbert's!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014Sandy was our waitress and did a fantastic job! She was very friendly, stopped by at just the right times, kept the water glasses full.Special Features:
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/24/2014Best meal I have had in years. Food was delicious, service and wine suggestion perfect. Not cheap, but a great place to go for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Scallops everOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014I don't know how they do it. I have never had scallops so perfectly prepared time and time again. Their steaks are delicious and the side dishes are equally delectable. This is my favorite restaurant. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- A very Happy Birthday...OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/24/2014Because we go to J. Gilbert's a couple of times a year, I received a birthday email entitling me to one free entree with the purchase of a second. I didn't need a free meal to go back to J.Gilbert's. But I certainly wasn't going to miss out. We always enjoy everything about dining here and we will definitely keep coming back!!!Special Features:
- Good but priceylikestocookDined on 8/23/2014The is our third or fourth time here. Food was good but menu seemed limited. Prices were high for type of restaurant. Service was slow.
- Another wonderful meal hereSuzanneCDined on 8/21/2014We stayed away because the food was a little pricey for our budget. However we made an exception recently and took my parents here about 6 wks ago. They were dazzled, and the waiter was so kind to them. Then we found ourselves here again just this past week. Same waiter-Sergio-and again, he was super-kind. He made sure my disabled partner made it into the bathroom without mishap. The food was exceptional and to my surprise, while waiting for my partner outside the men's room, ANOTHER member of the staff came to check on whether I needed help. I did not, but the attentiveness to each patron's level of comfort was impressive. This restaurant handles both gluten-free and dairy-free with ease. I so wish we could afford to eat here more often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014Reception area very rude. Was told could not have booth for 5. Took 15 minutes to seat us when we had a reservation. At the price we paid, we didn't expect front desk to be rude. Price was $260.00 for 4 individuals -- 2 who didn't drink. We would return to Longhorns in heartbeat. Great service and top steaks for less money. Filet - 8 oz. - at Longhorns was much better than the steak served at your restaurant. First time we have been very disappointed.Special Features:
- Never disappointsDebCDined on 8/17/2014This was not our first dining experience at J. Gilbert nor will it be our last. Their quality of food, service and wine is superb. When we last dined there, they had a swordfish special served over tomato risotto that was fantastic! We always share the chopped salad which I have tried to reproduce at home but just can't get it right. Overall J. Gilbert is a wonderful dining experience. If you want excellent food and attentive service, this is the place to go.Special Features:
- Great serviceAnniversaryDined on 8/16/2014The food is always delish. Jennifer B was our server and she was exceptional; knowledgable and personable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best. Steak. EVER!JustinHDined on 8/15/2014The filet mignon was cooked perfectly, I was able to cut it with a fork! The lobster mac & cheese was amazing as always, this is my go-to resturant for any day worth celebrating!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- roshVIPDined on 8/14/2014J Gilbert's is great for dinner of Happy Hour. Food and atmosphere is always fun. Steaks are great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014J.Gilbert ' s as always hits a home run, for the steaks and the serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimeAaronDined on 8/12/2014My boss took me to J. Gilberts as he always goes there and always told me how great it was. We are foodies. Had an excellent time - our server was spot on and very professional, knowledgeable and knew everything about how the food was prepared, sourced, etc. She knew the wine list and drinks well and made excellent recommendations. If the great service didn't already win me over the food was excellent. Perfectly seasoned and prepared just as I expected. It was delicious. Excellent place - can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- excelent foodBogueymanDined on 8/10/2014Great for a date night with extremely good steak. Food is a bit on the pricy side, but everything is extremely good, the wait staff is responsive and the dishes are cleared quickly. Strongly recommended for a nice date night.Special Features:
- Tasty but lacks charmCeeKayDined on 8/9/2014We went for a special occasion thinking we were headed to this quiet and unique spot for some great food... The food was great but it was way bigger than we thought and had a commercial feel. We'd go back if invited, but it's not our favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing staff and foodJillRN5250Dined on 8/9/2014Over and over again, J Gilbert's does not disappoint. Their food is incredible and their waitstaff does their best to please.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwayscraftyladyDined on 8/9/2014Another wonderful dinner at a nice restaurant. Food is so good just wish it wasn't so expensive. I had the 4oz filet and seared scallops combo. My steak was over cooked when delivered but was quickly rectified by the kitchen. Steak was super tender and the scallops were lovely. For appetizers we had the maytag potatos chips which were good but I think I would get something different next time. We also had a shrimp cocktail appetizer. The shrimp were super fresh and good but were very small. At $3 each they should have been bigger. If the prices were lower we would go more often but for us this is a special occasion restaurant.Special Features:
- Just the Best!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/9/2014As a former chef, I'm pretty critical - according to my wife! J Gilberts is consistently spot on! Four of dined last weekend and the food was great and our server, Steve was just Exceptional Always a pleasure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date nightJmillerDined on 8/9/2014We enjoyed fresh salads, amazing scallops and steak. We also enjoyed our cocktails, the pineapple martini was wonderful! We finished up with dessert and the homemade icecream was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AidaDined on 8/8/2014Always perfect in every aspect. J Gilberts has been in business in Glastonbury for many years and I have never had anything but a pleasant dining experience.Special Features:
- AmazingGoodEatsDined on 8/8/2014It was my first time at J Gilbert's, and it will not be last time. This was a birthday dinner. The table had decor on it. Quite the surprise! The steak was seasoned and cooked to perfection. It was quite the money, but worth it!Special Features:
- Good food...service not so much!Luv2teachDined on 8/8/2014Food was good as it should be for the price. Waitress immediately informed us that we needed to be done by 7:30 as there was another reservation. We were insulted by this comment especially because we had just sat down and that it came from a waitress. If there was an issue it should've come from a manager and only if we were lingering! We chose to have dessert and coffee somewhere else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite restaurantDiners13Dined on 8/5/2014Terrific food. Consistently great and very accommodating. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently EXCELLENTAll4glastonburyVIPDined on 8/4/2014JGilberts is definitely our "go to" for great food & great service. Recent visit was no exception. Added benefit of my free birthday entree and half-price bottle of chateauneuf du pape... 3 of us dined - had sockeye salmon, petite filet and a wagyu burger... wedge salad and special heirloom/burrata salad, maytag bleu chips.... all incredible (yes - i tasted everyones food!) Wish we had room for dessert. Appreciated the manager visiting as well and providing a little history of jgilberts et al too. Also appreciated his followup email.Special Features:
- Cary RollinsluvmyvetteDined on 8/4/2014The food was excellent and the service second to none. The food was prepared to our liking and our waiter was very knowledgeable of the menu and made great recommendations. His service was exemplary, very polite and courteous. We had a very enjoyable evening and look forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Never disappointsAlMichele84VIPDined on 8/4/2014Found an early reservation on a Monday night for another great dinner. Our server was professional, attentive without hovering and had great suggestions. We love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ruthie79Dined on 8/3/2014We celebrated our 35th wedding anniversary here. The food and staff were wonderful as always. Highly recommend this restaurant especially for special occasions. They go out of there way to make it pleasurable!Special Features:
- Delicious dinnerdining282Dined on 8/3/2014I celebrated my birthday at J Gilberts and I couldn't be happier. It was a delicious dinner with a wagyu burger and filet mignon followed by the carrot cake. The cake was a bit cold but otherwise wonderful. I was a little disappointed because my filet special was not medium rare (hot red center) as I had ordered but instead medium (hot pink center). My husband's burger was not medium (hot pink center) as he had ordered but instead medium well (no or little pink). I didn't say anything because I knew that would mean having to remake our dishes. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!TheWandererDined on 8/1/2014A little loud but steaks to die for and an overall beautiful dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie placeHols10Dined on 8/1/2014We keep coming back. The best steak around. Salmon rilles is awesome.Special Features:
- Great Food!nstaileyDined on 7/26/2014Great Food, Great Service, Greatest Place to eat in the Glastonbury area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/26/2014I have been to J. Gilbert's many times and have never seen the food so sloppy plated. I brought some friends for the first time and was very embarrassed. Not sure what was going on in the kitchen Saturday night, but no excuse for how your food was presented. Kenna CarpenterSpecial Features:
- WonderfulSAT64Dined on 7/22/2014Going out to dinner at J.Gilberts was a very nice way to celebrate our 25th anniversary. We had a gift certificate and the food was absolutely Delicious. We are definitely going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ronniemacDined on 7/19/2014J. Gilbert's is consistently excellent with its food, service and ambience and that is why it continues to be the favorite restaurant in Central Connecticut for me, my wife and my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely one of our favoritesBluLightningDined on 7/19/2014My husband and I had a wonderful evening dining at J. Gilbert's this past Saturday night. We do not go to J. Gilbert's very often so when we do, it is a real treat for us. We ordered the specials; the Alaskan Salmon and 6 oz. tenderloin. Both delicious. Look forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014We had great food and a great dinner. One of our drinks came with no liquor in it, but besides that, we were happy with the food and service.Special Features:
- Great Steak!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014J. Gilbert is known for their steak and for good reason. It was one of the best steak dishes I have had...period. The vegetables were fresh and tasty. Our server was exceptional, friendly and efficient. I have never had a bad meal there! It can be a little Salty for some diets. We met some friends there and never felt rushed.Special Features: