J. Gilbert’s – Wood Fired Steaks & Seafood – Glastonbury
185 Glastonbury Blvd.
Glastonbury, CT 06033Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
J. Gilbert’s – Wood Fired Steaks & Seafood – Glastonbury
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.jgilberts.com/Home.aspx?826
- Phone: 8606590409
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Monday: 4pm - 9pm, Tuesday - Saturday: 4pm - 10pm
Happy Hour at the bar top: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 6:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Erik Blomstrann
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: J. Gilbert’s – Wood Fired Steaks & Seafood can accommodate lunch groups of 25 adult or more & can accommodate up to 42 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Manager 8606590409
- Special Events: Join us for happy hour Sunday - Friday 4pm - 6:30pm. Appetizers starting at $5.50 & $1 off Beer (draft & bottled) and Well Drinks, House Wine $5 Martinis $5.95.
A word from J. Gilbert’s – Wood Fired Steaks & Seafood – Glastonbury
J. Gilbert's is an "upscale casual" steakhouse serving prime-aged beef cooked over a mesquite wood-fired grill. Guests enjoy various cuts of steak, fresh seafood (including award-winning crab cakes) & other house made favorites like the Maytag Blue potato chips & chocolate velvet cake. The cozy atmosphere includes fire side dining, rich wood, brick & soft lighting where you can enjoy dinner for two or host a large party. The extensive martini & wine list offers the perfect compliment to an excellent meal delivered with attentive service. J. Gilbert's is open for dinner seven days a week, beginning at 4pm. Reservations are highly recommended.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
J. Gilbert’s – Wood Fired Steaks & Seafood – Glastonbury - Best Restaurants in Glastonbury ›
J. Gilbert’s – Wood Fired Steaks & Seafood – Glastonbury reviews from OpenTable diners
334 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (249)fit for foodies (136)romantic (133)neighborhood gem (93)notable wine list (93)good for groups (79)vibrant bar scene (65)hot spot (46)late-night find (13)kid-friendly (12)great for lunch (8)great for brunch (4)scenic view (4)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Anniversary MUSTOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/22/2014My wife and I had our first date here and we go back on every anniversary and major occasion.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 10/22/2014We had a fantastic waitress, very sweet and extremely proficient!Special Features:
- Glastonbury's GemOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/21/2014Our family has been going to J.Gilbert's for years. This is a Michelin Star restaurant. The food is outstanding, made to order, and uses only the absolutely freshest products. The quality of the food is wonderful and absolutely delicious. The hostess and wait staff are very professional, friendly and they know how to serve in this fine restaurant. We have never ever had a disappointing meal here. We love to come just for a meal, but especially for any special occasion it ups the ante. Wonderful restaurant. The bar area is also a great place for HH and to meet for a romantic time.Special Features:
- Love it!finediningfanDined on 10/19/2014I always go to J Gilberts! I was a little disappointed when I brought my friend here and the food was not the usual best. The general manager sent me a gift certificate and we decided to try it again and it turned out to be out of this world delicious. Everything from the service to the food was satisfying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant In Hartford AreaJohnDined on 10/18/2014J Gilbert's once again shows why it was voted the Number One Restaurant in the Hartford area.Special Features:
- First TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/17/2014It was our first time so we learned some things. First off, the onion rings are amazing especially with the dipping sauces. The steaks are delicious. The drinks are measured to the drop (and when you order Scotch you get one finger, one adolescent finger). The waiter will level with you about what's good and what's just okay.Special Features:
- LT68Dined on 10/17/2014Great service!!! Food was cooked and prepared just as we ordered it. The only complaint I have is that we were seated 30 minutes past our reservation time.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/17/2014JGilberts has long been our "go-to" place for family occasions. We had an excellent evening celebrating a birthday. Food was excellent, good selection of wines and refreshments. Filet combo was very good, grilled to order. Chicken tortilla soup is always very good. Service was excellent, very attentive and focused on making the evening a good experience.Special Features:
- Overall niceOut4DinnerDined on 10/16/2014Overall a nice restaurant was seated at the small table for two when larger where available. First order of drinks were return due to the Prosecco was flat no bubbles, expected more from a restaurant with such a nice wine list. The food was good great steaks. Not in any hurry to return soon.Special Features:
- fantastic steak!steakloverDined on 10/15/2014I had the ribeye, perfectly seasoned and cooked! Wonderful creme brulee! Just overall a great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServicehappydinerDined on 10/15/2014My husband and I have been dining with J. Gilbert's for many years and we always celebrate our anniversary there. The food is excellent and the service is exceptional! We will continue to return and we highly recommend J. Gilbert's to all of our friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum Yum Eat 'em UpbruceDined on 10/13/2014Continues to be our "go-to" restaurant in town. Almost always a great meal. Tonight was no exception. And our server, Lisa G, was one of the best I can remember. And a great server, paired with melt-in-your-mouth steaks in a comfortable setting--- well what's not to love? One thing - an actual ice bucket would help to keep champagne the proper temperature better than a chilled cooler.Special Features:
- Great place to celebrate!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014Our first trip to J Gilbert's was to celebrate our first wedding anniversary. The service was great and the food was amazing. They nicely decorated the table with heart confetti and comped our dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrated son's b'day @ J GilbertsliketoeatDined on 10/12/2014My son chose this place on recommendation of my other son. He enjoyed his 18 oz Ribeye. I had the filet and seared scallops combo while the wife had filet and maple plank shrimp. Other party members also had delicious meals. The salted baked potato was very good. As was the sourdough bread. Pretzel crusted onion rings with 3 sauces - excellent. Our server (Thais V) was as nice as anyone can be. Very attentive to our needs. Overall a good experience. Lobster mac 'n' cheese could use some more lobster, but very good. Prices were just a little high for my taste. If I were a rich man I would certainly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ElizabethDined on 10/12/2014Best Steak Ever! I didn't want my meal to end! Our server, Erin was awesome.Special Features:
- Wonderful DinnerTrishB1994Dined on 10/11/2014We have been to J. GILBERTS twice and will definitely go back. The food was amazing and the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SApointsonfoodDined on 10/11/2014excellent as always, however the waitress screwed up the dessert orderSpecial Features:
- amazingBigeasy0323Dined on 10/10/2014We had and amazing meal!! The combo is very reasonably priced for a stake house and that butter for the bread was to die for.. The staff was amazing and they were very accommodating to our anniversary and a nice touch to the table set up with some hearts displayed on the table. Thank you for Making our night that more special. We will be making more trips to J Gilbert's or than our anniversary from now onSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinner at JGilbert'sEM19Dined on 10/10/2014Excellent service and food. Steaks were cooked to perfection and staff was exceptional. Fulfilled request for table location and decorated table for anniversary with romantic theme. We've always a good dining experience at JGilbert's , but this visit was just that much nicer.Special Features:
- Always a hitAlJaz13Dined on 10/10/2014Our visit was to celebrate our 1st year together. It was again an awesome experience I love the fact that we sat at the same table as we sat on our first date. The waitress was awesome lady. The ambiance was just smooth & light dim. It was an amazing dinner, food there is so perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my dining experienceRoamDineDined on 10/9/2014the night was fabulous! Our table was in front of the fire place and I wanted my guest to see the fire with me while we dined. Our waitress was delightful and informative, however she did forget the lime wedges on one occasion when filling the water glasses. She ensured our table was clean at all times. Our food was great! Shrimp Durango was fantastic, bisque was smooth, Salmon was cooked perfectly, the sirloin was a bit on the tough side and dry (my guest did ask for medium well, the steak was well done however he did not complain), green beans with pecans (to die for!), mac’n cheese with lobster (wow!), au gratin (very good) and chocolate cake was fantastic!Special Features:
- NOISY NIGHTSoapsterDined on 10/7/2014We were celebrating our son's birthday and this is his absolute favorite restaurant. The place was hopping for a Tuesday night which is always good to see. Unfortunately we were seated near two very large tables and the noise level hampered our conversation and enjoyment of the evening. Dessert took forever - so long that we told our waiter to cancel it and just bring the check. The manager brought our dessert to go with apologies for the delay. Now that's the way to treat a customer. Kudos to the staff! The food, as always, was excellent. Because of the noise I just couldn't wait to leave. There's not much one can do when the restaurant is crowded and busy, but the next time, I will ask for a table away from any large groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodeatgoodfood25Dined on 10/6/2014Having never been I took a client from Texas out and even he thought the steak was cooked/seasoned perfectly.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/4/2014The food is always great and the service is terrific each time we dine at J. Gilberts.Special Features:
- Big Fan w my first Gilbert's issueOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014We don't get out much with a 2 year old but when we do, Gilbert's is our place. I get the same thing every time; 6oz fillet w/ scallops. This is the first time I had an issue with the scallops being gritty (sandy). The prices also seem to be continuing to creep up. I am hoping both of these issues are not a trend that continues.Special Features:
- wife's birthdaymph55Dined on 10/3/2014Great meal for wife's birthday. Restaurant added little touches to note occasion. Service was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentfoodieguruDined on 10/3/2014Excellent as usual. Loved that they had table decorated for the occasion we were celebrating. Food was spot on and every perfectly cooked to our asking. Just a great place to go to celebrate special moments of life.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Southern Gem in the NortheastBlueBackFanVIPDined on 10/1/2014Smokey maple chips permeated the air as we were immediately sat at our romantic table for two at J. Gilberts. The waiter greeted us and lead us through the menu tour with precision and personality, it was at this moment I knew that my significant other had picked what will become our new favorite restaurant. The food was delicious and the ambiance was just as enjoyable. If you are looking for a place that hits the marks in all the important areas, J. Gilberts will not disappoint!Special Features:
- Order ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/1/2014I received 2 entree items that I did not order. My wife never received her soup she ordered.Special Features:
- Another great mealMikeDined on 9/28/2014My wife and I went to dinner this past Sunday, as an early birthday dinner, for myself. As usual, the meal was excellent!!!! Our waiter, Ken, was great! We enjoyed the meal very much and look forward to our next dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dining ExperiencefoodsnobDined on 9/27/2014My husband and I celebrated our 28th wedding anniversary at J. Gilbert's and had a memorable time. The food was excellent -- the baby field greens salad was fresh and the dressing went with it perfectly. My salmon was moist and tender and everything on my plate was served hot, just the way I like it. My husband ordered the filet mignon and it was tender and perfectly seasoned. We will definitely return to J. Gilbert's in November for my birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gilbert'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Food was good but didn't match the price. I remember on prior visits the food was much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The ultimate dinner experienceREWCFPDined on 9/26/2014Very simply, forget Morton's, Ruth Chris, Smith Wollensky .,I've had them all. J Gilbert is #1 in food, service, atmosphere and overall experience. They are at their own level and everyone else is secondary at best. This is THE place to go. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealgloraxDined on 9/24/2014I had an excellent meal at J. Gilbert's. The pork chop with it's raisin and cherry chutney on top was outstanding. Really enjoyed the spinach which they did with shallots and balsamic. Different than your typical spinach. The restaurant itself was bustling and somewhat loud.Special Features:
- O.M.G. Good food!!PeripateticDined on 9/22/2014Matt our waiter was outstanding, walked us through great choices. Wine list - fabulous and we got there on a half-price night - What a gift!! charcuterie board, filet mignon choices - cooked to perfection. I usually can't get "raw plus" - but I could here and it was sensational! Wild rice pilaf with mushrooms was fabulous and a great pairing, and the wine pairing was SOOOooo good. Would go all the time if we lived in the area. Little bit noisy and table was small for 2 of us - but very do-able and still intimate. It was a vibrant noisy, not a horrible noise.Special Features:
- Awesome ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/22/2014Great food, very knowledgable wait staff, excellent service and overall setting. The flavors they combine in their food was outstanding. Would highly recommend!Special Features:
- DinnerTahoedebDined on 9/20/2014Great food and drinks at a reasonable price. The only downfall is that it's gardt o ft a reservation since it's a popular food spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not my normal experienceJohnDined on 9/19/2014This was a special occasion and I had hoped that J.G's would measure up. The food was typically great, however service was slow to the point where we just wanted to leave. The server was very slow to offer any beverage refills and we ran dry a couple of times. We ordered dessert to go and it was literally 30 minutes between receiving those items and getting hold of our server to ask for a check. On the restaurant's side it was a full night. The table next to us had repeated visits though, and what was more unusual is that one of the parties gave the hostess a discrete gratuity in order to bring in his own wine. I wish that was available to everyone. Suffice it to say that we felt very much like second class and will probably not return.Special Features:
- Great evening!HopeDined on 9/19/2014We went with another couple and all four of us greatly enjoyed the evening. The food was excellent. Our steaks were cooked to perfection and the one diner who had seafood indicated it was really good. I had the filet mignon, and rather than pick two sides, I simply ordered the tomato mozzarella salad, and asked for it to come out on the same plate. It was beautiful, with heirloom tomatoes and fresh mozzarella. One of us had the combo of filet mignon and a crab cake, which also was really good. I highly recommend the blue cheese sauce for your steak. Very impressed with the service. Our server affirmatively asked if there were any food allergies, which was important since my friend has severe nut allergies. Great evening!Special Features:
- Gre8place2eatDined on 9/19/2014Never had a bad meal!!! A true gem! Waitstaff is always friendly and knowledgeable. Our go-to place for a great meal and night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.