J. Gilbert’s – Wood Fired Steaks & Seafood – Glastonbury
185 Glastonbury Blvd.
Glastonbury, CT 06033Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
J. Gilbert’s – Wood Fired Steaks & Seafood – Glastonbury
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.jgilberts.com/Home.aspx?826
- Phone: (860) 659-0409
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Monday: 4pm - 9pm, Tuesday - Saturday: 4pm - 10pm
Happy Hour at the bar top: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 6:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Erik Blomstrann
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: J. Gilbert’s – Wood Fired Steaks & Seafood can accommodate lunch groups of 25 adult or more & can accommodate up to 42 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Manager 8606590409
- Special Events: Join us for happy hour Sunday - Friday 4pm - 6:30pm. Appetizers starting at $5.50 & $1 off Beer (draft & bottled) and Well Drinks, House Wine $5 Martinis $5.95.
A word from J. Gilbert’s – Wood Fired Steaks & Seafood – Glastonbury
J. Gilbert's is an "upscale casual" steakhouse serving prime-aged beef cooked over a mesquite wood-fired grill. Guests enjoy various cuts of steak, fresh seafood (including award-winning crab cakes) & other house made favorites like the Maytag Blue potato chips & chocolate velvet cake. The cozy atmosphere includes fire side dining, rich wood, brick & soft lighting where you can enjoy dinner for two or host a large party. The extensive martini & wine list offers the perfect compliment to an excellent meal delivered with attentive service. J. Gilbert's is open for dinner seven days a week, beginning at 4pm. Reservations are highly recommended.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
J. Gilbert’s – Wood Fired Steaks & Seafood – Glastonbury - Best Restaurants in Glastonbury ›
J. Gilbert’s – Wood Fired Steaks & Seafood – Glastonbury reviews from OpenTable diners
370 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (272)fit for foodies (162)romantic (129)neighborhood gem (112)notable wine list (107)good for groups (92)vibrant bar scene (80)hot spot (57)late-night find (17)kid-friendly (10)great for lunch (7)great for brunch (4)great for outdoor dining (4)scenic view (2)Show More
- always greatKnitmom81Dined on 11/23/2014Love spending an evening at J. Gilbert's. Shh.....but we often follow our visit with browsing at the nearby Barnes and Noble. It isn't cheap, but it's a surefire nice evening out. Oh, and if you have someone in your party that needs gluten free food, they have consistently been great about this!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and servicertk09Dined on 11/21/2014Brought my boyfriend here for his birthday. Overall the experience was excellent. Really enjoyed the food and atmosphere, plus our waiter was funny and great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- emerald1Dined on 11/21/2014I took my fiance here for his 30th birthday. The food was amazing and the service was great, everyone is very friendly. Although it may be a little pricey, it is certainly worth the money for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bartenders are not serversOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/20/2014I would have given much higher ratings but We tried to eat at the bar and sat for 10 minutes without a greeting , menu, drink! Very frustrating as we eat out every night and unaccustomed to such rudeness. There were 2 bartenders and never did they crosss a line to assist each other. Very disappointing! We left and ate in the dining room where we knew good service was the rule! Delicious too!I would recommend this to a friend.
- always great food, not so for serviceandrebVIPDined on 11/18/2014Went for my wife's birthday and had a coupon. Service was slow for to some type of group event. Food quality was great add always. When I complained about service, manager offered drinks and desserts on the house - great for customer service. I appreciated that. Unfortunately, when I provided my $25 meal coupon, it never got applied although waiter said it would. My fault for not checking bill but should have been made aware. I feel like I didn't really get anything for poor service we received since I ended up paying for my "freebies" :(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Less than stellar experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/17/2014My husband and I made a reservation and requested a table in the bar. When we were seated, we asked for the bar menu. The waitress said that was only offered at the actual bar, not at one of the tables there. When we said we wanted to switch to the counter then, she seemed really annoyed. Service at the bar was okay, food was good but not anything great. Overall not a great experience. We've eaten at the main dining area before and had a much better experience.
- Forever .... C*H*O*C*O*L*A*T*EcaelplVIPDined on 11/16/2014I have no idea what J.Gilbert's calls this dessert but it's dark chocolate cake, topped with thisi layer of chocolate mousse, covered in dark chocolate ganache, with a side of raspberry icecream. Oh my! Coincidentally, the very same night I ordered it, I found it on Pinterest: "American Beauty Cake" ... simply amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatLSBFoodieDined on 11/15/2014The food and the service are always great and this was no exception.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- annieDined on 11/15/2014Fabulous food, Nice atmosphere. Staff more than accomodating. Will return more oftenSpecial Features:
- great steaks and servicesteaklover2Dined on 11/15/2014Prime beef steaks cooked to order, perfectly every time. Been at least 5 times per year. Always great service and food. Love the lobster mac and cheese. Did a awesome job on anniversary dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerRThomas777Dined on 11/14/2014The food was far better than I anticipated. The service was excellent. This morning I received an email from the general manager asking how our dinner was and thanking us for coming in. Very nice all the way around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite restaurantJessmay30Dined on 11/14/2014I have been to this restaurant many times over the years and have never had a bad experience. The food is consistently great every time we eat there. The service is always impeccable. We recommend the restaurant to friends all the time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Good!RbrayDined on 11/13/2014We have gone to J.Gilberts for anniversary's and Birthday's and they always come through with "Excellent" service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JoeLDined on 11/12/2014great food...great restaurant...perfect for special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceLittleLLDined on 11/12/2014JGilberts is an awesome place to eat!!! I have been there multiple times and have enjoyed it each time. The food is always good and the service is wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!foodfanaticDined on 11/10/2014J.Gilbert's is a wonderful restaurant for any occasion. The food is consistently outstanding as is the service. This is our families choice for all special occasions. It's too bad that it is open only for dinner.Special Features:
- Excellent Food and ServiceGeorgeMDined on 11/9/2014This is our second time visiting J. Gilbert's. We have season tickets to the Bushnell Theater in Hartford, CT on a Sunday afternoon. After each play we drive the short distance for dinner at J. Gilbert's. We have never been disappointed. The food is unique and delicious. Always served fresh and hot. Our server is wonderful and attentive to our needs. The noise level can get a little loud when the place is full, so it becomes hard to have a conversation. I would recommend either a early dinner, or come late. We have had reservations for 5:30 PM on a Sunday, and by 6:30 the place is hopping. Reservations are highly recommended, because without it you will be waiting for up to one hour for a table.Special Features:
- Very DisappointedKimsDined on 11/8/2014We have been to this restaurant a few times and this time was very disappointing. We were seated 30 minutes late despite the fact that we had a reservation and things just went downhill from there. We received our appetizers and then 30 minutes later we received salad. We then waited and waited for our entrees and our server was no where to be found. We ended up having to ask another server who walked by where our server was. We finally received our food an hour after we received the salad and the excuse was that "there was a party of 20" so things were backed up. Our food was very overcooked and obviously had been sitting under a heat lamp. We were there for 3 1/2 hours!! All in all a very bad experience.
- Never A Disappointment!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/8/2014As always, we had such a great meal. My husband had the filet and it was oh so tender. I had the scallops and they were just delicious.Special Features:
- Friends and FooddebaRubaDined on 11/5/2014Love J Gils for great times and great food. The dining room is great, but love to sit at the bar tables with friends. The noise level still allows for conversation. Tried the Tuna tartare appetizer which was delicious. This is one of my favorite restaurants. Even on a Wednesday evening they have standing room only at the bar.Special Features:
- Mixed reviewBalancedDined on 11/4/2014Visited J. Gilbert two days ago, for a low-key family birthday celebration. The food and service were very good, and they ably handled the need for gluten-free for several in our party. My only unhappiness is that we were given a too-large table which was awkwardly placed in a busy aisle. The restaurant was not that busy, so I don't know why they subjected us to this location. The location was noisy, as well. I would have requested a different location, but some of our party had arrived earlier and already ordered drinks. Not a show-stopper, but they should have known better and done better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not HappyUnhappyDined on 11/4/2014This was our 4th time here, all the other times it was great, but Sat. the 4th of Nov. it was our 53rd Anniversary and we were not happy. My . steak was suppose to be 6oz. more like 4oz. my husband had the chicken and did not like it. We ordered calamari for app. but very little calamari more carrots. Our friends order the salmon not happy there either. It will be a time before we come back.. It takes us about 45mins to come to your restaurant not worth the trip!!Special Features:
- Can't Be Beat!TinyDined on 11/2/2014My wife and I have dined at J. Gilbert's many times and have never been disappointed and the steaks are simply out of this world!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/2/2014We had planned a weekend away to celebrate our Anniversary but the bad weather kept us here. We made our reservations for an early dinner online and upon our arrival were graciously escorted to a nice table near the fireplace. Our waitress was well informed and attentive to us at just the right times. The menu was easy for us to choose from even though we are Paleo. Our steaks were exceptional and prepared beautifully. My husband and I look forward to dining again at your lovely restaurant. Patricia and SteveSpecial Features:
- Fantastic dinner!riss1970Dined on 11/1/2014We've never gone wrong at J. Gilbert's. The food and service is always great. It is a fine dining experience that we can include our 5 year old in without sacrificing the quality of food or our dining experience. Looking forward to our next dining experience at j. Gilbert's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- To Dine is DivineDivine2DineDined on 10/31/2014Every thing was good, my Guest and I didn't have any problems. We dinned at this particular J Giberts, several times, we always have a wonderful dinning Experience. The food is always at it's best. The atmosphere is always cozy. The staff has continually, without fail made us feel right at home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with familyCathyDined on 10/31/2014I frequent J Gilbert's and I am familiar with their service and food. Normally the service is fantastic. I took one of my daughters out to dinner and our reservation was for 6:15 pm. We arrived at 6:15 and were seated immediately by a very friendly hostess. Once we were seated, we sat for quite a while before our waiter came over to see us. He did apologize for the length of time when he arrived. What was frustrating was that there was a couple sitting diagonal to us. It seemed like every employee, waiters and manager, stopped to talk to this couple. I don't know if they were food critics or regulars, but they received a lot of attention. Including our waiter that spent time at their table while we waited. Food was exceptional.Special Features:
- Absolutely love this establishment.Chainlink77Dined on 10/30/2014The atmosphere at the restaurant and this location. We have brought many friends here and some of them for the first time. Everyone we have brought here is phenomenal. Your host and hostess staff such as Kristen Callahan and the others working with her. Your bar staff such as Cliff, Sandy, Sam, Julie just to name a few servers Mark, Kelly etc go out of their way to make sure our dining experience is always the best. There is always a Manager around and it is nice to see them stop and chat with customers and to be sure that they enjoyed their evening an meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special occasion dinnerrds1955Dined on 10/30/2014We were caught in traffic and had theatre tickets for after dinner, arriving at the restaurant 20 minutes late. Fortunately we notified your staff of our dilemma by phone, and were able to order our appetizers before we arrived. The food was placed on the table as soon as we were seated and our server asked what our scheduling needs were. The rest of the meal arrived in a timely fashion and was excellently prepared and served as always. We had an enjoyable time and had no problem in getting to the theatre on time.... We will be back again soon. Thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/27/2014This place can't be beat. Great food, atmosphere, and of course discounts which keep me coming back. Love the 1/2 price wine on Mondays. We've' never had bad meal here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationRandNDined on 10/27/2014J Gilbert's $25 coupon for birthday celebration for a couple is an ongoing good deal. Added to that was the summer 1/2 price wine bottle deal. The service was excellent [Kyle].Special Features:
- Always GreatMacHendyDined on 10/25/2014so much to choose from and the quality of the food is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Leading restaurantsteak4johnDined on 10/25/2014In my view J.Gilberts is one of the, if not THE, leading restaurants in Glastonbury. Will always be my first choice. johnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewDiningExpertDined on 10/24/2014Food & service is always excellent. Noise level is loud, not a good place for hard of hearing.Special Features:
- FingerlickingoodDined on 10/22/2014Great place for delicious dinner, excellent service and easy parkingSpecial Features:
- Anniversary MUSTOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/22/2014My wife and I had our first date here and we go back on every anniversary and major occasion.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 10/22/2014We had a fantastic waitress, very sweet and extremely proficient!Special Features:
- Glastonbury's GemkirroyaleloverDined on 10/21/2014Our family has been going to J.Gilbert's for years. This is a Michelin Star restaurant. The food is outstanding, made to order, and uses only the absolutely freshest products. The quality of the food is wonderful and absolutely delicious. The hostess and wait staff are very professional, friendly and they know how to serve in this fine restaurant. We have never ever had a disappointing meal here. We love to come just for a meal, but especially for any special occasion it ups the ante. Wonderful restaurant. The bar area is also a great place for HH and to meet for a romantic time.Special Features:
- Love it!finediningfanDined on 10/19/2014I always go to J Gilberts! I was a little disappointed when I brought my friend here and the food was not the usual best. The general manager sent me a gift certificate and we decided to try it again and it turned out to be out of this world delicious. Everything from the service to the food was satisfying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant In Hartford AreaJohnDined on 10/18/2014J Gilbert's once again shows why it was voted the Number One Restaurant in the Hartford area.Special Features: