Omaha, NE 68106Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.jcocoomaha.com/
- Phone: (402) 884-2626
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am -2:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jennifer Coco
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Our Chef's Viewing Room will accommodate parties up to 24. Computer/Audio-Visual capabilities. Please call for details
- Private Party Contact: Scott or Erin 4028842626
A word from J. Coco
j.coco is a locally and independently owned restaurant . We take great pride in our fresh-from-farm to plate foods, as well as our honest and sincere approach to the guest experience. In addition to a lively main dining room, we also have a state-of-the-art, intimate private dining room, which is often available on short notice. We accept reservations but always welcome "walk-in" guests. We offer amazing house made desserts. Our beautiful full service bar serves handcrafted cocktails and an excellent selection of wines. We are also happy to accommodate take out orders of any size for lunch or dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
J. Coco - Best Restaurants in Midtown ›
J. Coco reviews from OpenTable diners
156 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (104)fit for foodies (103)special occasion (92)romantic (49)great for lunch (38)hot spot (38)great for outdoor dining (37)notable wine list (29)good for groups (28)vibrant bar scene (10)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- J Coco never disappoints!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/21/2014Amazing food. Amazing service. If you are looking for an amazing place for food and making memories - J Cocos is for you. The fried olives are a must, even though they are not really fried. Amazing sea bass, salmon, Korean short rib tacos, beet salad - I could go on. And we love Meg A.!!!! And Scott.... And Jen. And.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food...but that's all I can say...KyleDined on 11/17/2014Parking is a pain, the service was horrible, the price for food was a little high...but the food was outstanding. I usually don't eat Ribeye but the Ribeye I received was tender, juicy and full of flavor. After ordering our starter (pretzel bites...which were so good!), it took nearly 15 minutes to get our drinks and over an hour to get our food (a Ribeye and Cioppino (not sure about the spelling)). The waitress only came to our table (which was located between the entryway and the bar) 3 times. The manager (I'm guessing they were the manager, they never said) came and awkwardly asked how our meal was, but really had no concern (it was like she was just checking a requirement off a list when a guest comes into the restaurant) and walked off. Would I come to this restaurant again....tough question...the food was great, but I don't think I'd come here or bring someone here again unless we were invited to the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BikrgurlDined on 11/15/2014One of our best dining experiences yet! Prices are reasonable. Eclectic menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!jw517VIPDined on 11/8/2014First time eating at J.Coco and the food was delicious, we will definitely be back! Cannot recommend the salmon or pork enough!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014The chilean sea bass was excellent ! J Coco's is ethe type of restaurant you would take close friends to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- J Coco Gem!!!Devilish2dineDined on 10/31/2014OMG!!!! In love with J Coco's! The food was out of this world, over the top! The Brussels sprouts.....I'm having dreams about them!!!! The yellow fin tuna appetizer....I wanted to lick the plate!!!! I will be back, OFTEN!!!!Special Features:
- DisappointedVigsDined on 10/30/2014We were extremely excited to try this restaurant and ended up quite disappointed. Our waitress Megan was in a mood and was quick to walk away from our table the few times she came by. When the bottle of wine I ordered was brought for my tasting she didn't didnt poor enough to taste. We had to refil each others glasses the entire night. The Salmon dish was insanely salty, however my girlfriend ate it anyway. I would have sent it back. I ordered the veal and was not impressed with the quality of the cut of meat. The Chef also went around to every table and spoke with the guest except for ours. This was on a Thursday night and the place was maybe half full. Anyways... I'm sure they have better nights, however I won't be going back.
- always spectacularOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/30/2014Perfectly cooked veal chop, a bowl full of seafood including lobster, shrimp, scallops and mussels make up the cioppino and cooked just right.Always friendly and informed service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bsquaredDined on 10/30/2014Delicious food, great wine list and excellent service!Special Features:
- Step up the Service!dma82Dined on 10/27/2014This is now the 3rd Time I have been in to J.Coco and I have not been impressed or even satisfied with the service. I have always taken clients on business lunches and I have been embarrassed, by the lack of service staff (very un-attentive) . The wait staff was pleasant, not rude, but clearly not enjoyable or even friendly for that matter. I consider J.Coco as a top restaurant in Omaha, but they need to step it up in quality of servers.Special Features:
- Great night out with a girlfriend!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Went to J Coco Saturday night with a dear friend I hadn't seen in a few years! we enjoyed a great bottle of wine which was recommended by our waitress Katrina. food was wonderful and Katrina was a great waitress.. very on top of things and personable! I have had her in the past and I always enjoy her!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DannoDined on 10/25/2014Food was very good, especially the viagrette dressing. My Waygu burger was outstanding and my wife's sea bass was very good as well. They only negative was the price of the evening's special (which was the sea bass) was $35.00 and while it was worth it, my wife ordered it after the waitress recommended it. However, she neglected to mention to us the price. Had my wife known, she said she would have ordered something a little less expensive. It's nice to know the price of something before you order it. I would have the wait staff mention the prices of the evening specials when they recommend them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SmokiegrSmokiegrDined on 10/24/2014We had a wonderful dinner. Loved the menu & the food was really nice. Only complaint was the noise factor. Just a bit too noisy. Can't understand why because the ceiling has tiles. Will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EricERICVIPDined on 10/22/2014Good was great as usual. A little noisy but the food overtakes the noise level. I'll be back soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014we had a great time great food, wine and service! Our server recommended some great dishes and specials. The sea bass special, and bread pudding were amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed. AgainSteveDined on 10/13/2014I have had several bad experiences at J.Coco, some food-related and some service-related. Having not been for several months, I took some out of town work colleagues there for dinner. As usual, the accoustics were terrible and we had to shout just to be heard. The appetizers we ordered were excellent, but most of us were very disappointed with our entrees. Two of ordered the seafood special and were pleased. But two of us ordered the veal chop, which was nothing more than one piece of fat. And the other two ordered the pork special, which was as dry as sandpaper. When we politely said something to our server, she gave us a "Gosh, I'm sorry", but that was it. And our bill certainly didn't reflect our bad experience.
- Incredible foodCas123Dined on 10/10/2014Husband and I dined here for the first time and will definitely return. I has beef medallions and he had sea bass. Unbelievable flavor! Savored every bite! Our server Catrina was also very personable and told us the history of the restaurant. This might just be the best place in Omaha!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerSchoolrunnerDined on 10/10/2014Menu is varied but not too limited--nice choices. Had a great waiter. Waitress at table next to us was too loud, however Great wine list--needs more wine by the glass options, however. Would suggest to friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvtoeatDined on 10/7/2014A good indication of what we think is we keep coming back. The food is outstanding as well as the service. As the restaurant fills up, it does get a little noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great serviceannie9562Dined on 10/3/2014Wonderful food, great service, killer Brussel sproutsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good foodegg3VIPDined on 9/27/2014I always enjoy coming here. The food is always good and it is a fun place to dine.Special Features:
- Excellent!ericajrDined on 9/27/2014Jenny and her staff do an awesome job. Service was fantastic and server was very knowledgeable about the menu items and specials. Food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food and drinkgotgrooveDined on 9/23/2014Fun cocktail list and respectable wine list, however the food was the star of the show. Everything was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticKrista12170Dined on 9/20/2014I am in the f&b industry and this far exceeded my expectations. Well balanced cocktails, outstanding flavor profiles and great service. I will be back when I visit my daughter at college again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food but poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014Server was insincere and almost seemed annoyed to wait on a four-person table. If the service was half as good as the food, it would have been a five star experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekOmahaLadyDined on 9/17/2014We tried for the first time during restaurant week & loved it! Great atmosphere. Server wasn't the most friendly but the food was great! Would come back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food - don't bring a babyTheAintzVIPDined on 9/16/2014Was looking forward to trying JCoco and used restaurant week as an excuse to make it. Went on a Tue, made a early reservation and were on time. The Bad: The hostess and the waitress really had an attitude about us having our baby. We're talking about a restaurant with a kid's menu. And the regular menu has sandwiches on it, so it's certainly not fine dining from an experience perspective. Once we got sat, things got a little better, but our server either didn't like us having the baby or just wasn't a friendly person that night. The Good: The food is great and the actual table service was good. Really enjoyed the menu. Our group of four ordered from both prix fixe and regular menu. We'll definitely go back, hopefully without the drama.
- Won't be backdrdana16Dined on 9/15/2014I dined at J. Coco as part of restaurant week. I was not overly impressed. The service was okay and the food was bland and lifeless. I could have absolutely made better food at home. We were seated next to the host stand and the host kept stacking menus behind my date's head. The wine pairing recommendation was awful (didn't pair at all) Extremely overpriced for the quality of food and service. I would not recommend and we I won't be back.
- Great Seafood entreesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Another fantastic meal at J. Coco's. Salmon never disappoints! My friends loved the Sea Bass entrée. Staff is always friendly and accommodating. My favorite place to eat in Omaha!Special Features:
- Two Hour DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/11/2014We have eaten at J. Coco several times and have been impressed enough to return. With a 7:00 PM dinner reservation, we were promptly seated, placed our orders and served salad and wine in a normal time frame. After that, our entrees (both standards from the menu) were not delivered for over an hour with no check back or explanation. We did not have another commitment, so it did not cause a problem this time, but I would not usually plan on two hours for standard menu items if I were planning for another event.Special Features:
- Missing something.....BigredmomDined on 9/5/2014Food was out-of-this world fabulous....but Maitre d' and waitress were coldly businesslike. We felt rushed. Perhaps it was because they did not anticipate a big tab??? A mom and her young adult daughter, celebrating her birthday? I had given the restaurant a "heads up" on the birthday--not mentioned at all. They were busy at first, but then 1/2 empty after our very quick dinner.Special Features:
- j.Coco and the EaglesgingerjingerDined on 9/5/2014On our way to the Eagles concert on a Friday night... Something as classic and rocking as the Eagles needs a preconcert dinner to match... J.Coco delivered. We ate light... an amazing fall vegetable soup and salads, plus lush wine. Great vibe, great service, great food. Rock on J.Coco.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Disappoints!WingGirlDined on 9/5/2014This was the third time I've been to J Coco & it did not disappoint. It was a busy Friday night, but we had a great meal & were on time for our concert. The center cut rib eye was melt-in-your-mouth amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceBestcutDined on 8/30/2014I've only been there twice, but it seems like the waiters and waitresses are very experienced. They are attentive, they know what they're doing, and they take great care of you. I went there with my mother and we had a fantastic meal. I would highly recommend it to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, but room for improvementallaroundfoodieDined on 8/29/2014I have been to J. Coco once before and the food was great like I remembered. (The sauce for the short ribs was over salted, but that was the only negative for food and probably chance). Our waiter was great, and the chef was very friendly. The real disappointment was the hostesses. We were about five feet away from the hostesses, and so we had to listen to their loud conversations all night as they continually huddled around their phones. What could have been a superb dining experience was out shadowed by a few teenagers.Special Features:
- First timeJammerDined on 8/29/2014This was our first time to J Coco. Many friends said it was a great restaurant. So we tried it and had a great time. Everything was terrific from the service to the food.Special Features:
- Fabulous!Foodie1Dined on 8/28/2014Incredible food that makes your pallet dance! The sea bass & sole were perfect. Service was excellent & followed up with a fabulous dessert!Special Features:
- Loved it!Iwanttoeat10Dined on 8/27/2014I took two friends who had never eaten there before and the said mmmm, and this is fantastic! If there weren't ladies, I think they would have licked their plates! Both said they would be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treatOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/27/2014You are always in for a treat when you dine at Jcoco. The food is outstanding and the service is top notch.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerJohnDined on 8/26/2014We had the Staff pick out our complete dinner with no input, and they hit everything 110% my wife and I totally enjoyed our 47 th Wedding Anniversary dinner. Thank you so much Everyone, great job, well be back.Special Features: