Omaha, NE 68106Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.jcocoomaha.com/
- Phone: 4028842626
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am -2:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jennifer Coco
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Our Chef's Viewing Room will accommodate parties up to 24. Computer/Audio-Visual capabilities. Please call for details
- Private Party Contact: Scott or Erin 4028842626
A word from J. Coco
j.coco is a locally and independently owned restaurant . We take great pride in our fresh-from-farm to plate foods, as well as our honest and sincere approach to the guest experience. In addition to a lively main dining room, we also have a state-of-the-art, intimate private dining room, which is often available on short notice. We accept reservations but always welcome "walk-in" guests. We offer amazing house made desserts. Our beautiful full service bar serves handcrafted cocktails and an excellent selection of wines. We are also happy to accommodate take out orders of any size for lunch or dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
J. Coco - Best Restaurants in Midtown ›
J. Coco reviews from OpenTable diners
148 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (102)fit for foodies (97)special occasion (85)romantic (43)great for outdoor dining (42)great for lunch (42)hot spot (37)notable wine list (32)good for groups (28)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (6)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- Incredible foodCas123Dined on 10/10/2014Husband and I dined here for the first time and will definitely return. I has beef medallions and he had sea bass. Unbelievable flavor! Savored every bite! Our server Catrina was also very personable and told us the history of the restaurant. This might just be the best place in Omaha!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerSchoolrunnerDined on 10/10/2014Menu is varied but not too limited--nice choices. Had a great waiter. Waitress at table next to us was too loud, however Great wine list--needs more wine by the glass options, however. Would suggest to friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvtoeatDined on 10/7/2014A good indication of what we think is we keep coming back. The food is outstanding as well as the service. As the restaurant fills up, it does get a little noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great serviceannie9562Dined on 10/3/2014Wonderful food, great service, killer Brussel sproutsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good foodegg3VIPDined on 9/27/2014I always enjoy coming here. The food is always good and it is a fun place to dine.Special Features:
- Excellent!ericajrDined on 9/27/2014Jenny and her staff do an awesome job. Service was fantastic and server was very knowledgeable about the menu items and specials. Food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food and drinkgotgrooveDined on 9/23/2014Fun cocktail list and respectable wine list, however the food was the star of the show. Everything was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticKrista12170Dined on 9/20/2014I am in the f&b industry and this far exceeded my expectations. Well balanced cocktails, outstanding flavor profiles and great service. I will be back when I visit my daughter at college again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food but poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014Server was insincere and almost seemed annoyed to wait on a four-person table. If the service was half as good as the food, it would have been a five star experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekOmahaLadyDined on 9/17/2014We tried for the first time during restaurant week & loved it! Great atmosphere. Server wasn't the most friendly but the food was great! Would come back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food - don't bring a babyTheAintzVIPDined on 9/16/2014Was looking forward to trying JCoco and used restaurant week as an excuse to make it. Went on a Tue, made a early reservation and were on time. The Bad: The hostess and the waitress really had an attitude about us having our baby. We're talking about a restaurant with a kid's menu. And the regular menu has sandwiches on it, so it's certainly not fine dining from an experience perspective. Once we got sat, things got a little better, but our server either didn't like us having the baby or just wasn't a friendly person that night. The Good: The food is great and the actual table service was good. Really enjoyed the menu. Our group of four ordered from both prix fixe and regular menu. We'll definitely go back, hopefully without the drama.
- Won't be backdrdana16Dined on 9/15/2014I dined at J. Coco as part of restaurant week. I was not overly impressed. The service was okay and the food was bland and lifeless. I could have absolutely made better food at home. We were seated next to the host stand and the host kept stacking menus behind my date's head. The wine pairing recommendation was awful (didn't pair at all) Extremely overpriced for the quality of food and service. I would not recommend and we I won't be back.
- Great Seafood entreesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Another fantastic meal at J. Coco's. Salmon never disappoints! My friends loved the Sea Bass entrée. Staff is always friendly and accommodating. My favorite place to eat in Omaha!Special Features:
- Two Hour DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/11/2014We have eaten at J. Coco several times and have been impressed enough to return. With a 7:00 PM dinner reservation, we were promptly seated, placed our orders and served salad and wine in a normal time frame. After that, our entrees (both standards from the menu) were not delivered for over an hour with no check back or explanation. We did not have another commitment, so it did not cause a problem this time, but I would not usually plan on two hours for standard menu items if I were planning for another event.Special Features:
- Missing something.....BigredmomDined on 9/5/2014Food was out-of-this world fabulous....but Maitre d' and waitress were coldly businesslike. We felt rushed. Perhaps it was because they did not anticipate a big tab??? A mom and her young adult daughter, celebrating her birthday? I had given the restaurant a "heads up" on the birthday--not mentioned at all. They were busy at first, but then 1/2 empty after our very quick dinner.Special Features:
- j.Coco and the EaglesgingerjingerDined on 9/5/2014On our way to the Eagles concert on a Friday night... Something as classic and rocking as the Eagles needs a preconcert dinner to match... J.Coco delivered. We ate light... an amazing fall vegetable soup and salads, plus lush wine. Great vibe, great service, great food. Rock on J.Coco.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Disappoints!WingGirlDined on 9/5/2014This was the third time I've been to J Coco & it did not disappoint. It was a busy Friday night, but we had a great meal & were on time for our concert. The center cut rib eye was melt-in-your-mouth amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceBestcutDined on 8/30/2014I've only been there twice, but it seems like the waiters and waitresses are very experienced. They are attentive, they know what they're doing, and they take great care of you. I went there with my mother and we had a fantastic meal. I would highly recommend it to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, but room for improvementallaroundfoodieDined on 8/29/2014I have been to J. Coco once before and the food was great like I remembered. (The sauce for the short ribs was over salted, but that was the only negative for food and probably chance). Our waiter was great, and the chef was very friendly. The real disappointment was the hostesses. We were about five feet away from the hostesses, and so we had to listen to their loud conversations all night as they continually huddled around their phones. What could have been a superb dining experience was out shadowed by a few teenagers.Special Features:
- First timeJammerDined on 8/29/2014This was our first time to J Coco. Many friends said it was a great restaurant. So we tried it and had a great time. Everything was terrific from the service to the food.Special Features:
- Fabulous!Foodie1Dined on 8/28/2014Incredible food that makes your pallet dance! The sea bass & sole were perfect. Service was excellent & followed up with a fabulous dessert!Special Features:
- Loved it!Iwanttoeat10Dined on 8/27/2014I took two friends who had never eaten there before and the said mmmm, and this is fantastic! If there weren't ladies, I think they would have licked their plates! Both said they would be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treatOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/27/2014You are always in for a treat when you dine at Jcoco. The food is outstanding and the service is top notch.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerJohnDined on 8/26/2014We had the Staff pick out our complete dinner with no input, and they hit everything 110% my wife and I totally enjoyed our 47 th Wedding Anniversary dinner. Thank you so much Everyone, great job, well be back.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerBellevueBobDined on 8/23/2014The night at j coco's was outstanding. Our table was ready at our reservation time. Megan did a great job as our server. The appetizers were very tasty and enough to share between the 6 of us. The dinners were good proportions and had great flavor. The desserts and after dinner drinks were a great way to cap off the night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding DinnerfaveatsDined on 8/23/2014It just might be the best Sea Bass I have ever had. Was in North Carolina a few weeks back and had the Sea Bass and really enjoyed it. This was just flat out perfect. Would highly recommend! Great atmosphere for date night with the wife, as the service was great and you could tell the staff really enjoyed their job and made you feel appreciated. A must go if you are in Mid-town Omaha.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014I have eaten at JCoco's several times, and the food has always been excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed MedallionsSoutherntouristVIPDined on 8/20/2014First visit to J. Parking is fairly accessible. Greeted courteously then seated at bar while table opened up. Nice bar menu. An upscale Old Fashioned was good. Entrees were good not fantastic. Medium rare tenderloin medallions were on the cold side although nicely prepared. The accompanying sides were very good. A bit noisy when filled but got nice as the crowd thinned. All in all a nice evening with a nice meal. We'll give them another try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As usual, J Coco is the greatest!ode2foodDined on 8/20/2014Dinner at J. Coco is always good, but the other night was fantastic! The sea bass was outstanding, beet salad fab, wine chilled perfectly, coffee freshly brewed. This restaurant never fails to please, and it is my favorite in Omaha in every category. Thank you J. Coco!Special Features:
- great dinnerMichaelDined on 8/20/2014Forgive me, I do not remember the name of our server, but she did mention she was also the pastry chef. Other than being understaffed, our service very very good. The food was outstanding. The duck was some of the best I have ever had. I found the wine line to be very reasonable and full of gems. The dining room felt very cramped. If you would remove one of the 4 tops, that would help space things out a bit. My guests and I felt a bit packed in. Overall great dinner though. I will definitely returnSpecial Features:
- Fabulous restaurantWineDineDined on 8/13/2014Love this restaurant! Atmosphere is great & staff the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good indeedProfBogDined on 8/11/2014The food was very good indeed. Only two minor complaints. (1) The restaurant was a bit chilly. (2) One of us wanted to order the shrimp and grits without the tasso (ham), but we were told that it could not be prepared that way--this was a bit disappointing. What we did have was delicious. The prices were rather steep, however.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lambNotAHuskerDined on 8/5/2014The lamb dish was wonderful. My favorite dish. The noise level can be high, but was seated in back room where we ended up having a private evening. Never had a bad meal here as cooking prep is consistent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TomTDined on 8/5/2014Excellent food and wine, and the service was great. Highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Palettes were happy!CLSLLDDined on 8/5/2014Being foodies in Omaha is not always easy, however J Coco's stands tall amongst some of the best West Coast and international restaurants that we have been to. My partner is an executive chef and I was born into a family of wonderful Northern Italian cooks in the California wine country region. Our 14 year old son was raised with a very diverse palette, and everyone of us was beyond satisfied with the wide range of flavors, beautiful visual presentations, and generous portions of amazing food. J Coco's offers the best food, service, ambiance, front of house to back of house service that we have experienced in the culinary offerings in Omaha. Bravo to the owner/chef!Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014My wife and I do not get to go out very often, and J. Coco was definitely an experience to remember. Good food, great staff and very accommodating to our young children. We'll be back.Special Features:
- A bit disappointedcmarie123Dined on 8/1/2014We had a large group with some children (10 people), so we made a reservation. Despite our reservation we still waited over 30 minutes to be seated. The tables are crowded rather close together and it was difficult to get in and out of our seats b/c they were so close to the bar. It was very noisy and difficult to talk to anyone except the person right next to me. For the most part, I thought the food was fine, but a bit overpriced. I had a hamburger. It was a little dry, but didn't taste bad. We got a mushroom risotto appetizer that was actually quite amazing, but very small for the price. I like the idea of this restaurant (lots of locally sourced food) more than the execution of it. I would not go back.
- FavoriteLatteDined on 8/1/2014My favorite for lunch. Going back next week. The tuna salad is fabulous. I could have it every day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oxbow writing projectOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014We use J'Coco for our end of institute celebration and we love the food and atmosphere and special treatment. It's a great way to end our summer together. It's also nice to be close and convenient to UNO.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect lunchPainlessDined on 7/31/2014Our office had a five person team meeting over lunch from 1-2:30. We enjoyed a "just right" lunch with freshly prepared food, even one special order. Service was appropriately attentive and non-rushed. For three of the five, it was a first time. Everyone asked if we could visit J COCO again!Special Features: