5166 Osage Beach Parkway
Osage Beach, MO 65065Neighborhood:
Lake of the Ozarks
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.jbruners.com/
- Phone: (573) 348-2966
- Hours of Operation:
Red Room Lounge opens daily at 4:30pm.
Dinner served daily year-round: 5:00pm - 9:00pm (often later on weekends and holidays).
Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day: Traditional Turkey, Prime Rib, and menu favorites, 3pm-9pm.
Open for Dinner on New Year's Day at 5pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Prime Rib
- Executive Chef: Shane Claspill
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Semi-private dining rooms available for groups from 20-50. Full menu available to all groups, however, customized menus are an option.
- Private Party Contact: Patrick Boylan 5733482966
- Special Events: Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day: Traditional Turkey, Prime Rib, and menu favorites, 3pm-9pm.
New Year's Eve Entertainment. Open New Year's Day at 5pm.
A word from J. Bruner's
You are invited to experience casual, fine dining at J. Bruner's! Savor steaks and seafood prepared using our exclusive recipes refined over the past thirty years. The warm and inviting dining rooms are the perfect setting for weekly casual dining or that special occasion. Enjoy our Red Room Lounge for a cocktail after work, cocktails before dinner, and/or a tasty ice cream drink afterwards. The best table service completes your dining experience, making J. Bruner's the Lake's Classic Steakhouse. Open 365 days a year.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
J. Bruner's - Best Restaurants in Lake of the Ozarks ›
J. Bruner's reviews from OpenTable diners
24 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (12)neighborhood gem (10)romantic (9)fit for foodies (7)good for groups (6)notable wine list (6)hot spot (3)Show More
- Great steak and great service in the neighborhood.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/20/2014Have frequented the restaurant for the 5 years we have lived in Osage Beach. What makes the restaurant one of the best is its consistency. The meat is always excellent and the service is always friendly & attentive. Shane the Chef knows how to prepare steak any way you ask for it. His "Pittsburg" style charing of a medium rare Ribeye for Filet makes the meat literally melt in your mouth. We celebrated our wedding anniversary there this past week and Angie, our server, went out of her way to make it special. There are cheaper steaks at the lake - but none better. Highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENT FOOD AND SERVICESteakLoverDined on 11/9/2014Have been there several times, the food has always been excellent, as has the service. I eat filet mignon and wife has battered fried Lobster tails. I normally love the filet so much that I have to eat another, not that they are small but that they are that good. The service has always been excellent, and is the closest to individual service I have ever experienced. I am not wealthy but when I go there I feel like I do eat the type of food that I believe one percent of the ten per cent in the US eat. If you want to eat a cheap steak don't go here. But remember you get what you pay for. Every penny I have ever spent at J Bruners was worth it. I would recommend to any one that enjoys good food. Try the Walleye also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Cocktail Party, Perfect steakOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/27/2014We had a fantastic time. We started our experience with cocktails in the lounge. Then we shared a flawless dinner. Steak was cooked perfectly, another guest had a Pittsburgh prepared steak and it was flawless. Lots of people try but chef Shane really nailed it. J. Bruner's is a don't miss in Osage Beach Lake of the Ozarks.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceoniaiDined on 10/10/2014Very good place for special occasion in the middle of nowhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family dinnerJeffbDined on 10/9/2014Our family got together to celebrate birthdays and anniversaries, my dad was so impressed he has decided this is a new monthly event!! Food was outstanding as always, executive chef Shane came to our table to say hello, Kendra was the best (as all the servers are) love the place its the obvious choice for great steak at the lake that is why I say they are masters of steak!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice!luv2dineDined on 10/9/2014They have a reputation for excellent onion rings, which we discovered was well-warranted! A great start to a fabulous dinner. Our service was exceptional - friendly, timely, and efficient. Food was outstanding. Their house-made dressings made the salad course delightful. Thanks for a great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best prime ribJeffbDined on 10/3/2014Love this place, had a terrific meal served by Anji, as always 5 stars love open table 8:15 Friday night click the reservation and 10 minuites later I'm seated and having a terrific mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKjrdeDined on 9/15/2014Food was OK, but very pricey for the quality. My wife is allergic to crab, so we asked the server whether the lobster bisque ($10) had any crab or crab products in it. She checked and came back to tell us that she "read the box" and it did not list any crab. $10 for boxed soup? Secondly, the green beans served with the entree seemed to be from a can, not fresh. My wife ordered the beef kabobs which were good. I ordered the 8 oz. filet ($39) which had a few chewy parts and was not consistently done throughout.
- LuvtogolfDined on 9/14/2014Mediocre food, high prices, no view, very dissappointed
- Old SchoolOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014This restaurant has been a staple at the Lake for a long time and continues to remain true to the old time "supper clubs" that were very popular years ago. The food was okay but not outstanding. The "aquarium tank loop" monitor seemed odd for the high end image they try to project. The outstanding experience was our server who was incredible -- friendly, knowledgeable and fun.Special Features:
- Awsome as always!JeffbDined on 9/2/2014As always this was another great evening of building memories, and enjoying a 5 star dinner and service. They never miss a beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this Place!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/2/2014The food was perfect. Onion rings were to die for, steak was the correct temperature with a very nice seasoning. I added a lobster tail and it was tender and juicy melts in your mouth really. Staff was great didn't over hover but didn't miss a beat. The linen and silverware are class act. Our dinning experience was relaxing and special. This classic steakhouse has been a lake icon for 34 years! They really have this down. Don't miss.Special Features:
- Old favoriteLakenewbie101Dined on 8/31/2014The restaurant has been around for many years and reflects it-- but it was an enjoyable dinner for freinds to meet for a nice dinner, Food was good but average.I would recommend this to a friend.
- It Was "Good" - That was itBigJarVIPDined on 8/31/2014Being greeted by a crabby hostess I guess is a tradition - always amazed me. The prices are high, but expected. The bread was good - served with a half of stick of butter! The sauteed chicken livers ($5) were incredible. Greasy, but nothing a cocktail napkin (I was given ONE after I asked) couldn't blot. My son got the filet mignon ($39) and I got the prime rib ($37). The steak was good and the prime rib was avg-right down to the too-much-mayo horseradish sauce served in a plastic cup that matched the au jus plastic cup. None of the salad dressings 'went with' the wedge salad-French? Blue Cheese? Sweet House? The baked potato was good. Add the 50 degree temps of the dining room and the air blowing on me, and I was pretty ready to leave.
- Skip Bruner's altogetherJFF81Dined on 8/16/2014We ordered their signature mushroom appitizers which came out runny and Luke warm. Wife ordered twin lobster tails which in reality were two Langistinos for $56. I ordered the filet eight ounce for $39. Was good but around maybe five ounces. We ordered fresh green beans with bacon and almonds. They came right out of a can sans almonds and but with bacon bits. Tab with tip:$140.00 with decent glass of wine. Should have been $35.00 at Golden Coral.
- Nice Evening!Sas212Dined on 8/7/2014Prompt seating,reservations were for 7:30pm.We selected wine,mushroom caps and onion rings to begin.The appetizers were great.I ordered the 8 oz. fillet, salad, and baked potato? The salad fresh. The potato old.The fillet good. The taste was great , it was cooked as ordered, needed to be more tender. My husband had lobster, prime rib soup and green beans. The soup was the best!The green beans were good home style.The lobster flavorful but a little chewy.The waitress was excellent.The check:Two things:there were two desserts and a coffee added to our ticket, not ours.Entrees were broken down by item instead of one menu price.We will return to J. Burners.The overall experience was very nice and we want to try other selections on the menu.Special Features:
- a bit pricey but worth itkyle4ashleyDined on 8/2/2014The food is phenomenal, the service is spot on, and the atmosphere is great. Candle light dinner with a significant other adds to the evening. The menu is loaded with many choices of steak and/or seafood. Plan on spending a little over $100 for two, consider that's both getting a steak dinner, a mixed drink, and dessert. We've been here twice and enjoyed it equally as much both times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time a successJeffDined on 7/29/2014Visited J Bruners for the first time. We were seated promptly. Stuffed mushrooms were good. Lobster bisque was really good. My KC strip was cooked exactly as I requested. Great steak. I was a little disappointed they did not have the prime rib, but they did have a group of 65 right before we were seated. All in all, a good experience. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 297 reviews are from the J. Bruner's reviews archive.
- Building memoriesJeffbDined on 7/19/2014What a great place! Good was excellent as always, took friends from Texas they said OMG as they had never had the pleasure of batter fried lobster and if course the added the fillet. Great times as always and thanks for helping build memories for life. Love the place it's 2nd to NONE. Plus great cheerful staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must go every year!HjonesDined on 7/18/2014We vacation in lake of the Ozarks every summer and J. Bruners is a must go every year. The food is delicious and the service is outstanding. Lobster Mac n cheese, filet mignon, wedge salad, lobster bisque, mushroom caps - try it all -you won't be disappointed!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very, very disappointing.HorribleDined on 7/12/2014This restaurant is way, way overpriced for the quality of food that they produce. To be fair, there was one bright spot - The french onion soup was very good. However, the rest of the meal was very substandard. I would expect this quality of food from an Applebees; however, Applebees is much better than what we had at J Bruners. The chicken breast was like rubber, the pasta sauces lacked flavor, the pork was moist but way too salty to enjoy, and the filet was good but for $40 the portion should have been much larger (to be comparable to many other restaurants). We will not return to this restaurant. The red lighting was very strange as you enter into the restaurant....strip club or 1970s restaurant?
- Out of town dinerSteak4meDined on 7/5/2014We have gone to this restaurant for special occasions for approximately 10 years. We know in advance that we will get an outstanding steak. I would recommend it to anyone that's looking for an exceptional dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1234Dined on 7/4/2014The food and wait staff were spot on. I would come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Father's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/16/2014I invited my Dad, my husband and my boys here for father's day. My table full of beef eaters say this is the best steak anywhere. They added lobster tails broiled and fried and loved them. J. Bruner's made this daughter and wife a real hit for father's day and I just had to make the reservation. Staff was spot on. I can't say enough about the seamless attention to detail. We had a terrific time.Special Features:
- Great as UsualRelaxingDined on 6/15/2014This is our go to place for quiet family celebrations. I especially appreciate that the dining area is arranged as to provide some privacy at the table and plenty of space for the dining party and servers.Special Features:
- Another great meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/7/2014We had a ton of houseguests and at the lat minute, we decided to take everyone to dinner at J Bruners. What a great decision! It's not inexpensive. It's not KC/STL fancy. It's just really good. We had a group of 10 people. 7 had never eaten there before. And everyone said it was the best meal they'd ever enjoyed. Onion rings. Salad dressings. Croutons. Oh, the croutons. Great steaks. Great seafood. Love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best lake restaurantRay845Dined on 6/7/2014Consistently fine steaks and seafood. If you think you've had good onion rings before, try Bruner's and be amazed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will be backCamelotDined on 6/3/2014The food was wonderful...but that aside. our waitress Anji was just a hoot and she should get a raise! What a nice, relaxing and fun time we had. Anji was around just enough to bring and take food, joined in on conversations, but also was invisible to allow for private conversations. Onion rings out of this world. salmon with dill sauce ...salmon done to perfection...dill sauce alittle pasty/starchy for my taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special eveningluvyrplaceDined on 5/31/2014When looking for that just right spot to have a relaxful, special, evening of quality food, outstanding service try J Bruner's!!! While at our lake placed we always make it a point to plan one evening out and that usually includes a trip to J Bruner's. Easy to find, has exceptional food, and the best service at the lake makes for a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CindyDined on 5/25/2014Best onion rings ever! Stephanie is the best! Gotta try the ice cream sundae!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Time with the familyOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/24/2014Service and food were excellent I was with a large party and it was terrific.Special Features:
- A most excellent experienceWildgreenDined on 4/25/2014One the best meals we enjoyed on many years.. The onion rings are to die for. The French onion soup was unique and had marvelous flavor not overwhelmed by salt. Very tender and juicy steaks. We had a filet and strip combo that was superb. We were surprised the restaurant wasn't busy for a Friday night but it is at Lake of the Ozarks and the season isn't high yet. Great service. Friendly quiet atmosphere. we will go again and again.Special Features:
- Best place at the Lake hands downLynn2dineDined on 3/29/2014We have a condo at the lake and make it a point to eat there at least once per visit. Great chef!! Great service!!! Absolutely delicious!!! I always get the spinach salad with there got bacon dressing, I get there onion soup, filet and sometimes lobster with it. It's the best food around. Try it you will love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to expectationsKenMDined on 3/7/2014Having heard positive comments about J Bruner's in the past, I finally decided to give it a try. The appetizer selection was so small as to include nothing my fiancé or myself had any interest in. I am a huge fan of French onion soup. This soup tasted like it came out of a can. The waitress did offer to replace it when she noticed I wasn't eating it. The lobster bisque was better, but still not good. My prime rib was nothing to write home about, and my fiancées filet was tough and with an unpleasant flavor. Finally the dessert, some marbled cake that I don't remember the name of, but that was one my fiance's favorites tasted like it was a week old. We will not return to this restaurant. I will say the service was acceptable.
- lake classicDannyVIPDined on 2/18/2014J Brunners just keeps on delivering great cuisine and excellent service. I had the filet, which is always great, my wife had the chicken liver saute with mushrooms another great pick, we had baked potato and asparagus also classic goodies. We had a bottle of Concannon Petite Syrah at only $20 is a real bargain and excellent, my only comment that is negative is that the interior does need an update from the dark woodwork and dark interiorSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All Time FavoriteMOHayfarmerDined on 2/17/2014J.Bruner's has been my favorite local restaurant since it's opening night in the early '80's (?). It's nolonger "local" for us as we moved a considerable distance away, so it has become our 'special occasions' place to dine. Never too far to drive for a special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent SteakReviewerDined on 2/15/2014The food was wonderful and the prices were very reasonable. We ordered the lobster mac and cheese, spinach salad, 2 sides, and desert all to be shared by 2. Then we each ordered steaks individually. It was the perfect amount of food for two people. The ambiance is not great, but we care much more about food quality and taste than atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Of courseJeffbDined on 2/14/2014Simply put J Bruners is our first and only choice at lake of the Ozarks. When I takes wife to J Bruners I never have to worry about anything from the moment we walk in we are treated like royalty, from the bar staff to our server Anji, to the food being prepared by Chef Shane it is always 5 Star. When I think of where can I get the perfect meal I say " of course" it's J Bruners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You wont regret this....OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014This is up-scale dining and the food is by far the best youll taste. I have been 3 times now and Ive never left disappointed. Food, service, and atmosphere is all amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- elegant and delicious!melmoonDined on 2/14/2014Great atmosphere, service, and the food lives up to its reputation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.