J&G Steakhouse Scottsdale at The Phoenician
6000 East Camelback Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85251Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
J&G Steakhouse Scottsdale at The Phoenician
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.jgsteakhousescottsdale.com/
- Phone: (480) 214-8000
- Hours of Operation:
SUNDAY - THURSDAY: 5:00pm to 10:00pm
FRIDAY & SATURDAY: 5:00pm to 11:00pm
Bar & Lounge - Opens Daily at 5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jean-Georges Vongerichten
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Host your special event at J&G in one of our two private dining rooms, patio, lounge or in a section of our main dining room. We are available for exclusive buyouts.
- Private Party Contact: Elena Torres 4802147870x
- Entertainment: Live entertainment Friday with Talia & Saturday with various artists from 7pm-10pm.
A word from J&G Steakhouse Scottsdale at The Phoenician
J&G Steakhouse offers a sophisticated collection of steakhouse classics as interpreted by Michelin starred chef, Jean-Georges Vongerichten. Located atop the world famous Phoenician Resort, the restaurant is draped in a rich palate of purple and gold with a modern, stylish flair. Diners will enjoy dramatic sunsets and views of the Valley while dining on premium meats and a global selection of fish. The bill of fare is complimented by fresh, local ingredients and worldly spices and is masterfully executed by Chef de Cuisine Jacques Qualin.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
J&G Steakhouse Scottsdale at The Phoenician - Best Restaurants in Scottsdale ›
J&G Steakhouse Scottsdale at The Phoenician reviews from OpenTable diners
102 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (77)special occasion (75)romantic (71)notable wine list (44)fit for foodies (39)great for outdoor dining (37)neighborhood gem (17)good for groups (16)hot spot (14)vibrant bar scene (11)late-night find (5)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (3)Show More
- Generic steakIowafoodieVIPDined on 11/15/2014My opinion of J and G is : the steak is mediocre with not a lot of flavor ( did not taste or cut like prime) and the other dishes (even the oysters on the half shell) just didn't taste extraordinary--which you would expect at these prices. Wine list is good though steakhouse pricey. It also is extremely loud throughout the restaurant. I sat at the bar while waiting for my table and a live guitar player made conversation difficult. It was just as loud in the dining room so if you are looking for a romantic dining spot with a date, this isn't the place. On the plus side, my waiter was outstanding-attentive with out being snooty, friendly, perfect.Special Features:
- xcellent food, but slow service this timeWolfieDined on 11/15/2014Have been there before many times, always a great spot for having a special dinner. Rib Eye medium rare was perfect, as well as the Jumbo Shrimp cocktail. Ayala Rose Champagne at$120 not cheap but worth it. Service was disappointing this time. Slow, overall attitude, not at their normal standard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific Dining ExperiencevoiceofreasonDined on 11/10/2014Went there for an anniversary dinner and could not have been happier with the choice! Great food, terrific wine list, and the service was friendly and professional. The patio has a terrific view, definitely worth going!Special Features:
- J&G WOW!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014I came to J&G Steakhouse for a birthday celebration for two and the service from the reservation, showing up to the resort, service to our table, private accommodations, waiter and food was PHENOMENAL!! The prices were really high but worth every penny!! The service really made it, our waiter was awesome, the people that refilled our water, supplied new forks and spoons every meal, we just felt important! Finally, the setting of the place was beautiful! Scenic, warm, music was awesome, I mean, I can't say anything disappointing about this place! Definitely coming again to celebrate more special events!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/6/2014My Dad and I went here on a recent 3 day golf trip for dinner. Just an amazing well done experience all the way around. The food, waiters and servers were all top notch. Recommend the crab cake app and the peppercorn NY Strip. This is a steak house experience you are looking for when you go out. Only recommendation I'd make is to wear some nice clothes to fit in with the ambiance of the restaurant.Special Features:
- Good place for dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/3/2014The food is wonderful, service is very awesome...the only thing I don't like that has a group behind my table and so noisy. We can't enjoy really muchSpecial Features:
- FolsomDined on 10/29/2014Our annual stay at the Phoenician has included 2 to 3 dinners every years at J&G sine they opened at the Phoenician 6 years ago. We love to arrive early and sit in the deck to enjoy the view. This year was not up to par. Service was formal not friendly. The tuna tartare which we have always enjoyed should now be renamed avocado tartare. Overall the food - drinks - service were not up to par. Unfortunate as we have been big fans and advocates of J&G.Special Features:
- Spectacular viewsDeedeeDined on 10/25/2014A beautiful setting with mediocre food. Pricy would have expected exceptional food and was disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience !HorribleDined on 10/25/2014This was my second time here and better than the first ! Great food, ambiance, and service ! I would recommend it to anyone for a special occasion ! Great views as well !Special Features:
- Amazing Dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/25/2014Perfection! Dave our server was wonderful and Chris his expeditor was a culinary genius and explained the flavors and how they paired with brilliance, I wanted to take him home to Seattle as a personal chef! Live wonderful acoustic guitar in the lounge could hear gently at the table just perfect. Beautiful view of the city. the manager even noticed when I put my wrap on and mentioned he turned down the air. just an example of the symphony of excellence in service and creative wonderful cuisine. I recommend the tasting menu it was one brilliant dish after the other the chef and pastry chef were one of the best I have experienced. Even our drinks were Perfection!Special Features:
- Always TerrificchaisinVIPDined on 10/25/2014We love coming here when ever we get the chance. Beautiful restaurant with a beautiful view. The night time skyline is gorgeous. Food and service always excellent. You can't go wrong. Great place to bring special out of town guests.Special Features:
- A Wonderful ExperienceDeniseDined on 10/25/2014From beginning to end our experience was wonderful. While having a glass of wine in the bar prior to dinner, a bartender engaged in conversation with my husband and me while waiting for our neice to arrive. She provided information on the menu and discussed preparation techniques. Dinner was perfect. The dishes couldn't be beat and the services was excellent. The staff friendly and engaging and very competent. We would not have changed a thing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday dinner!PreciousDined on 10/4/2014We had originally decided to go to J&G Steakhouse during Arizona Restaurant Week on Sep. 27. But due to the big rain storm, we cancelled our reservations and re-booked for Oct. 4. We were so glad we did! GREAT view from our patio table, which we heard was closed during the storm. We had calamari to start, it was awesome! My husband had the Veal Porterhouse and I had the Lamb T-Bone. Both were cooked perfect - so delicious! We had grilled asparagus and mushrooms as our sides and shared. They were both incredible - our whole dinner was WONDERFUL! They brought a little chocolate cake with hot fudge inside and a scoop of vanilla ice cream for my birthday treat, which we shared. Fantastic!! This was a perfect birthday celebration!Special Features:
- Great steaks, salty saladsLindaDined on 10/4/2014Our salads were so over salted we could not eat them! Meat was very high quality and expertly cooked. View was beautiful. Service was spotty and inattentive. This is a beautiful venue and there is a superstar chefs name on this place so they should be able to deal with the details. Would not return as there are so many other places to get great steak in the Phoenix/Scottsdale area.Special Features:
- JulyDined on 10/3/2014The service was impeccable and the ambience was gorgeous! It was an unforgettable evening and I enjoyed every moment of it! The restaurant is very pricey but worth every penny :)Special Features:
- Terrible food, terrible service..OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/3/2014Do yourself a favor and don't eat here. Go over to maestro's down the street and spend the same amount of money on dinner. You will get way better food, fabulous drinks, and exceptional service.
- wonderful eveningjstoeberDined on 9/27/2014The restaurant is beautiful with a nice view to the West. Great view. Customer service was excellent, food wonderful. Expensive but worth every penny. Great place for a special evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special Saturday night.....OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014We were looking for a special dining experience and were very pleased with our choice to dine at J&S. Food and atmosphere were wonderful.Special Features:
- Overall, Not impressedSillsDined on 9/27/2014We had the seafood platter, it was good. The french onion soup and the dessert (warm chocolate cake w caramel ice cream) were excellent. Surprisingly disappointed by the steaks. We had Filet Mignon and bone-in Filet Mignon, both ordered medium rare and both didn't came out the temperature we ordered. One at the rare side and the other at the medium side. We had to point out the filet was too rare and they put the meat back in the grill. It was very surprising J&G Steakhouse can't get the meat temperature right... looks like other diners had the same issues based on some of the reviews we seen here. Hopefully they will look into consistency and QA the food before bring it out of the kitchen.Special Features:
- Great Viewaps123VIPDined on 9/27/2014We come to J&G somewhat often. The view is always wonderful and so is the service. We felt like the meal was not quite up to par this last time that we were there. Calamari was a little fishy and my chicken was kind of gummy. Wine list wasn't updated due to a printer issue and we got a different year than what we ordered.Special Features:
- Very nice date spotRockgkDined on 9/26/2014We went there for my girlfriends birthday and asked for a table by the window.. We got one that had us both facing the window on the same side. So that was a little weird to me unless you like sitting next to the person you are with. The wine list was good but pricey. The steak was awesome but the Mac and cheese was very average. Service was friendly and informative... Go during sunset for a great view.
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014This steakhouse had amazing service with an even better view. Highly recommend visiting this spot.Special Features:
- Less Than ImpressedCaroleDined on 9/22/2014Celebrating my husband's 60th, the two of us chose to sit on the patio. The waiter was less than cordial until a table of two beautiful women was seated next to us (absolutely no one else on the patio, but they had to seat them right next to us). He suddenly came alive with a positive attitude for them. Later another couple was seated in front of us obstructing our view. Only 3 tables were filled on the patio! Asked twice for bread - not delivered until after the salad and our filets took forever to come out. When they did, even though both were ordered medium rare, only one was medium rare, the other medium well. They did remember my husband's birthday with a free dessert - much appreciated for a less than expected evening of fine dining.
- ElenaDined on 9/20/2014Very lovely restaurant with exquisite food! I would highly recommend for special occasions!Special Features:
- Not overly impressedCouldBBetterDined on 9/13/2014Our waiter did an outstanding job he opened a bottle of wine which had been corked, he noticed it and both he and the manager were extremely apologetic. My wife's filet had no flavor. She ordered it medium and it came out medium rare. I ordered the lamb chops medium with a char crust it came out med rare of which the server stated it would be no problem there but there was no char crust and it was loop warm at best. For the money I rate it below average. Maybe we caught the chef on a bad night. Would we go back probably not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second Time Still StrongMarkusDined on 9/12/2014Second time to visit Scottsdale and our second trip to this restaurant. They just do it correctly here--service, food, ambiance. It's elite. I doubt there are better places in the Phoenix area than J&G. If so, I could count them on one hand. If you're just visiting for a weekend, I would definitely eat at J&G one night.Special Features:
- we had a great timeluv2eatVIPDined on 9/6/2014we sat in the bar and shared the tasting menu we had a great time and the service was excellent (very helpful and knowledge) my fav of the menu was the swordfish and my guess loved the steak we retuned the next nightSpecial Features:
- Great view!chaswillDined on 9/6/2014Nice décor and wonderful view. Food mostly typical steakhouse fare, and while good, not particularly outstanding in my opinion. Started with the seafood tower with lobster, shrimp, oysters, mussels, and clams. Asked to leave off clams and mussels and add more oysters, which were very good. Cesar salad was one of the best, lemony with a hint of anchovy, but they used small croutons from a box rather than kitchen made. Steaks cooked as ordered and came with 3 sauces and condiments, which were all good. Asparagus cooked to perfection, mashed potatoes very good. Lava cake dessert excellent, coffee good too, though refills not offered. Good wine selection. A splurge, but will go again.Special Features:
- Excellent Choice for my wife's BDaynagiquadiDined on 9/6/2014First of all the view over the valley, was one of the first reasons I chose to come back to this restaurant for my wife's birthday. The ambience and the food was simply spectacular. A truly memorable dinner for me and for the birthday girl.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food, service and viewPickyeaterVIPDined on 9/2/2014Our experience at J&G was amazing from the minute we walked in. Staff was impeccable, friendly and knowledgeable. We had he tasting menu paired with wines which was outstanding and very reasonably priced. We will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerbbscoutDined on 8/31/2014Outstanding first time experience. View was a great starter. Service was top shelf Food was outstanding Wine list was friendly didn't feel rushed Overall top five restaurant for me in the ValleySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingimundecidedVIPDined on 8/30/2014Very Very slow service. Average food, high prices and poor service --would not recommend and will not returnSpecial Features:
- Evening DinnerRobynDined on 8/30/2014The hotel and restaurant were absolutely beautiful. However, parking was terrible. For the price the food was just okay; nothing over the top. Cocktails very, very expensive.Special Features:
- Seems to be slippingArtVDined on 8/28/2014We have eaten at the J&G Steakhouse several times over the past 5 years. Our recent experience was fine, but not special. The food and service were not up to the usual standards we have seen in the past. We have noticed this over our last couple of time we have dined here. If it were not for the incredible view, we would likely not come back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/28/2014View, food and waiter were spectacular. It was our 15th anniversary and it couldn't have been better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bea4Bea4Dined on 8/27/2014My guest and I ordered from the Sunset menu. The food was excellent and just the right amount. Our server was warm yet professional. The view was the reason I chose the restaurant. I asked for a window seat and this was provided. A wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!!!OutOfTownerDined on 8/24/2014Great romantic place, went for anniversary and met 3 others for the same occasion. Pretty pricey for the not that greatest good but still good. Great scenic views though.Special Features:
- Food wasn't greatredheadmpDined on 8/23/2014This restaurant has beautiful views and ambience as well as great service; however, the food is VERY overpriced for the quality. I got a filet mignon and it was so dry and over cooked. My boyfriends ribeye had so much fat that most of it couldn't be eaten. We were both very disappointed to pay that much for the food considering we didn't even enjoy it. If you want to get great service and a beautiful view then it's a great place but don't expect to be blown away by the food.Special Features:
- HIDDEN GEM..!!surprise2dineDined on 8/22/2014At the last minute the hubby wanted to have a date night on Friday. Looked up romantic rooftop restaurants in Phoenix and found J&G Steakhouse. Got a late reservation for 9:45 pm, which I made online thru Open Table, very easy and no hassle. I called J&G to make sure our reservation time was okay since they close at 10 pm. They were so nice and also put in my request for a scenic view..!! We live in Surprise and had never heard of this Phoenecian place. AMAZING! This resort was well lit up and hidden in the mountains. So we get to J&G which is on the 5th floor and as soon as you step off the elevator I wad impressed. We got our scenic view. It was quiet. EVERYBODY was amazing. The rolls, Steak, Service, view incredible. .!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too noisycharlieVIPDined on 8/17/2014Much too noisy for a quiet evening or a romantic evening.