J&G Steakhouse Scottsdale at The Phoenician
6000 East Camelback Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85251Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
J&G Steakhouse Scottsdale at The Phoenician
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.jgsteakhousescottsdale.com/
- Phone: 4802148000x
- Hours of Operation:
MONDAY - SATURDAY: 5:00pm to 10:00pm
SUNDAY: 5:00pm to 9:00pm
Bar & Lounge - Opens Daily at 5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jean-Georges Vongerichten
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Host your special event at J&G in one of our two private dining rooms, patio, lounge or in a section of our main dining room. We are available for exclusive buyouts.
- Private Party Contact: Elena Torres 4802147870x
- Entertainment: Live entertainment Friday with Talia & Saturday with various artists from 7pm-10pm.
A word from J&G Steakhouse Scottsdale at The Phoenician
J&G Steakhouse offers a sophisticated collection of steakhouse classics as interpreted by Michelin starred chef, Jean-Georges Vongerichten. Located atop the world famous Phoenician Resort, the restaurant is draped in a rich palate of purple and gold with a modern, stylish flair. Diners will enjoy dramatic sunsets and views of the Valley while dining on premium meats and a global selection of fish. The bill of fare is complimented by fresh, local ingredients and worldly spices and is masterfully executed by Chef de Cuisine Jacques Qualin.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
J&G Steakhouse Scottsdale at The Phoenician - Best Restaurants in Scottsdale ›
J&G Steakhouse Scottsdale at The Phoenician reviews from OpenTable diners
116 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (86)special occasion (79)romantic (79)fit for foodies (41)notable wine list (37)great for outdoor dining (35)good for groups (20)hot spot (15)vibrant bar scene (15)neighborhood gem (12)late-night find (8)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (6)great for lunch (4)Show More
- Not overly impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Our waiter did an outstanding job he opened a bottle of wine which had been corked, he noticed it and both he and the manager were extremely apologetic. My wife's filet had no flavor. She ordered it medium and it came out medium rare. I ordered the lamb chops medium with a char crust it came out med rare of which the server stated it would be no problem there but there was no char crust and it was loop warm at best. For the money I rate it below average. Maybe we caught the chef on a bad night. Would we go back probably not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second Time Still StrongMarkusDined on 9/12/2014Second time to visit Scottsdale and our second trip to this restaurant. They just do it correctly here--service, food, ambiance. It's elite. I doubt there are better places in the Phoenix area than J&G. If so, I could count them on one hand. If you're just visiting for a weekend, I would definitely eat at J&G one night.Special Features:
- we had a great timeluv2eatVIPDined on 9/6/2014we sat in the bar and shared the tasting menu we had a great time and the service was excellent (very helpful and knowledge) my fav of the menu was the swordfish and my guess loved the steak we retuned the next nightSpecial Features:
- Great view!chaswillDined on 9/6/2014Nice décor and wonderful view. Food mostly typical steakhouse fare, and while good, not particularly outstanding in my opinion. Started with the seafood tower with lobster, shrimp, oysters, mussels, and clams. Asked to leave off clams and mussels and add more oysters, which were very good. Cesar salad was one of the best, lemony with a hint of anchovy, but they used small croutons from a box rather than kitchen made. Steaks cooked as ordered and came with 3 sauces and condiments, which were all good. Asparagus cooked to perfection, mashed potatoes very good. Lava cake dessert excellent, coffee good too, though refills not offered. Good wine selection. A splurge, but will go again.Special Features:
- Excellent Choice for my wife's BDaynagiquadiDined on 9/6/2014First of all the view over the valley, was one of the first reasons I chose to come back to this restaurant for my wife's birthday. The ambience and the food was simply spectacular. A truly memorable dinner for me and for the birthday girl.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food, service and viewPickyeaterVIPDined on 9/2/2014Our experience at J&G was amazing from the minute we walked in. Staff was impeccable, friendly and knowledgeable. We had he tasting menu paired with wines which was outstanding and very reasonably priced. We will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerbbscoutDined on 8/31/2014Outstanding first time experience. View was a great starter. Service was top shelf Food was outstanding Wine list was friendly didn't feel rushed Overall top five restaurant for me in the ValleySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingimundecidedVIPDined on 8/30/2014Very Very slow service. Average food, high prices and poor service --would not recommend and will not returnSpecial Features:
- Evening DinnerRobynDined on 8/30/2014The hotel and restaurant were absolutely beautiful. However, parking was terrible. For the price the food was just okay; nothing over the top. Cocktails very, very expensive.Special Features:
- Seems to be slippingOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/28/2014We have eaten at the J&G Steakhouse several times over the past 5 years. Our recent experience was fine, but not special. The food and service were not up to the usual standards we have seen in the past. We have noticed this over our last couple of time we have dined here. If it were not for the incredible view, we would likely not come back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/28/2014View, food and waiter were spectacular. It was our 15th anniversary and it couldn't have been better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bea4Bea4Dined on 8/27/2014My guest and I ordered from the Sunset menu. The food was excellent and just the right amount. Our server was warm yet professional. The view was the reason I chose the restaurant. I asked for a window seat and this was provided. A wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!!!OutOfTownerDined on 8/24/2014Great romantic place, went for anniversary and met 3 others for the same occasion. Pretty pricey for the not that greatest good but still good. Great scenic views though.Special Features:
- Food wasn't greatredheadmpDined on 8/23/2014This restaurant has beautiful views and ambience as well as great service; however, the food is VERY overpriced for the quality. I got a filet mignon and it was so dry and over cooked. My boyfriends ribeye had so much fat that most of it couldn't be eaten. We were both very disappointed to pay that much for the food considering we didn't even enjoy it. If you want to get great service and a beautiful view then it's a great place but don't expect to be blown away by the food.Special Features:
- HIDDEN GEM..!!surprise2dineDined on 8/22/2014At the last minute the hubby wanted to have a date night on Friday. Looked up romantic rooftop restaurants in Phoenix and found J&G Steakhouse. Got a late reservation for 9:45 pm, which I made online thru Open Table, very easy and no hassle. I called J&G to make sure our reservation time was okay since they close at 10 pm. They were so nice and also put in my request for a scenic view..!! We live in Surprise and had never heard of this Phoenecian place. AMAZING! This resort was well lit up and hidden in the mountains. So we get to J&G which is on the 5th floor and as soon as you step off the elevator I wad impressed. We got our scenic view. It was quiet. EVERYBODY was amazing. The rolls, Steak, Service, view incredible. .!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This has it all.DmarxDined on 8/16/2014We were quests at the Canyon and were treated exceptionally well. We are admitted foodies and found everything perfect. thank you for your efforts and we will return....BernardSpecial Features:
- Always worth itfransapVIPDined on 8/16/2014J&g is fabulous. Always worth the splurge. The peekytoe crab cakes are amazing, as was the French onion soup. It almost can go with out saying that the steak was good we expect that there!Special Features:
- Would recommendWelovefoodandwedontcarewhDined on 8/9/2014New sunset menu is a great value with great prefix choices. Live music was bit loud making dinner conversation strained. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- WonderfulKittyVIPDined on 8/9/2014All was wonderful! The views, the service, the food! The Tuna Tartar is truly outstanding.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014The food was delicious, the view spectacular, and our server was awesome!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disaster on our 31st anniversaryphoenixnativeDined on 8/6/2014I made reservations specifically requesting a quiet, romantic table because it was our 31st anniversary. We were seated at the smallest table sandwiched between two larger tables. The view was great until a family of 4 was seated next to us while we were eating our entrees. The children proceeded to turn on their IPADS and since there backs were seated to the window, you could see the reflection of the IPAD screens in three of the windows. The view was ruined. My husband mentioned the annoyance to the manager. He couldn't tell the family to turn off the IPADS but would move us so we could have dessert. At that point we realized this was not the restaurant it claimed to be. Not romantic and certainly not upscale. Lesson learned
- Perfect for anniversaryAshleyR89Dined on 8/2/2014I could not have picked a more perfect place for our anniversary, the food was phenomenal and our waiter was very knowledgable about the menu. Absolutely fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Server, Ambience and FoodLeeLeeDined on 8/2/2014Great view, romantic ambience, great music in bar nearby and perfect food and service. Everything was perfect. Couldn't ask for better.Special Features:
- Consistently GoodElderwoodDined on 8/2/2014We returned for a small party (4 guests) birthday celebration this past weekend. We were seated at a cozy table by the window on a rare Phoenix rainy night. Attentive service; the only suggestion is that the wait staff be more discrete when interrupting a conversation to take orders, ask questions. We chose the following menu items: Thrilled with the flavors of the French Onion Soup and Gazpacho Soup with Shrimp for appetizers. Enjoyed the extra large cut of a Veal T-Bone Steak and Grilled Swordfish, both large enough for left overs to take home. Mashed Potatoes were super creamy and delicious. Crunchy Grilled Asparagus rounded out the menu. Great wine list. They always provide a special complimentary dessert for birthday guests.Special Features:
- Awesome!jb2852Dined on 7/29/2014We went for my wife's birthday and took our 11 year old son. Everything was perfect! You will not be disappointed!Special Features:
- J and Gdine4lionDined on 7/24/2014Prompt service. Nice setting overlooking the Phoenician resort and Scottsdale. Not too noisy. Food was just average especially for high end steakhouse prices. Flavor of lamb was good, but unusual cut made it difficult to remove from bone. Swordfish overcooked. Steak was fine but not extraordinary. Wine list good. Would only recommend if staying in the hotel and not feeling like going out.Special Features:
- Special OccasionGolferGalDined on 7/24/2014I booked my reservation at J& G Steakhouse through Open Table and noted that it was my daughter's 27th birthday celebration and that she and her husband had just moved to the Phoenix area. I was disappointed that no mention was made of the special occasion and we weren't welcomed in a cordial way to this new dining venue. Service was slow even though there were few guests in the restaurant at the time.Special Features:
- lwestDined on 7/22/2014Service and food was excellent. I would recommend to anyone in the area to go there for dinner.Special Features:
- Beautiful venue, spectacular viewAnitaVIPDined on 7/19/2014All four of us had the prix fixe, three course. Three of us were very pleased, the choices of risotto and pot stickers were exquisite, then we had salmon which got top marks and flat iron steak which was terrific. The problem was the pork belly which was atrocious. The potatoes needed an additional few minutes of cooking and the meat was not crispy enough which made it horribly un appealing. Deserts were great times three. They make a fabulous lava cake. The fourth was a bizarre concoction of water melon, fairly tasteless, accompanied by a tooth breaking praline type made with black sesame. A real flop which does not deserve to be on their menu. We have dined numerous times in the various J & G and this was bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Fine DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/12/2014This was our first trip to Arizona and J&G Steakhouse was an amazing experience. We had extremely wonderful service. We had excellent salads, steak and salmon, and dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for a celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014Quiet atmosphere and great steak with amazing wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- stay vacaction gemmostlysunnycherylDined on 7/12/2014Whenever my husband and I opt for a stay vacation J@G is always on one of our vacation days. We really enjoy visiting the Phoenician property. The view is spectacular from J@G's, the food is excellent, and service is always very accommodating.Special Features:
- Fireworks DisappointmentHuntsDiningOutVIPDined on 7/5/2014Quite frankly, the food was great... But I was so disappointed because we went there specifically to watch the fireworks. We were told they started at 9 pm so we made our reservations at 7:30. I specifically asked for a table with a view, which we thought we had as we sat down. We ordered our meals and right in the middle of the 1st course, the fireworks started (about 8:15). We realized then... There was 0% view! The waitress told us that perhaps the "real show" would start at 9 as planned, so we decided not to let our food get cold and waited for 9 pm. No luck. We missed the whole thing. Very frustrating.
- Entrée wasn't worth the priceazfoodieDined on 7/4/2014My wife and I had dinner on her birthday and we ordered from the 3 course 4th of July menu. The appetizers and desserts were good but the entrée was disappointing. Definitely was not worth the price.Special Features:
- Worth the driveSusanDDined on 6/21/2014It is a 100 mile round trip for us to visit this restaurant, but well worth it. It is the only place in the Phoenix area we have found that has genuine Dover Sole on the menu - my husband's favorite fish. We have been going to J & G for several years now and have yet to be disappointed. The food is really good. You can have a great steakhouse dinner, or a casual dinner or a real treat with some of their special dishes and appetizers. Their Parker House bread rolls are outstanding. Good wine list and cocktails too. You can dress up or go smart casual, everyone fits in and with the great view it is almost like a mini-vacation for us. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Wonderful experiencetarsar7Dined on 6/20/2014We went and sat at the bar before dinner. The cocktails at the bar were made perfectly and the bartender was very friendly. They seated us by the window and the view is to die for. The wait staff was very knowledgeable and friendly and the dinner was exquisite. I had the most wonderful mashed potatoes ever...Special Features:
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/15/2014J&G is consistently outstanding. From the excellent service, to the breath taking views, it's always an enjoyable experience. Food on this visit wasn't quite as good as it normally is. Tried the chicken entree instead of the usual steak. The taste wasn't good, the texture wasn't good. I was happy to have tried something different, but I wouldn't order this again. Next time, it's back to the usual steak entree, which is consistently fantastic.
- mich13mich13VIPDined on 6/13/2014my husband's steak had to be returned - the rib eye. not cooked medium, was med rare. . so had to wait for filet , he switched to. seems they ca't get steaks cooked right at jg's had similar experience in a ny steak house of his. also should have gotten all new sides like they do in capitol grille. they did comp the desserts , though.Special Features:
- Great food, outstanding view!Cantwait2returnDined on 6/13/2014My wife and I had the pleasure of dining here recently and had a great time! The food was very good! Our server was well trained and knowledgeable in the food and wine offerings of the restaurant. She suggested an excellent wine that complimented the meal we had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd visit not so good..OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/11/2014I've been to J&G twice. The first time was great. However, this last visit was very different. The hostess was was cold and impersonal (and acted irritated when I requested a table by the window). The waiter was aloof and the food was disappointing. The calamari was not as tender as last time we were there and had 3 clunks of fried dough in the bowl. The side of mushrooms has also digressed since we were there last time - slimy, bland and no herbs that made it pop. The crusted Halibut was cooked perfectly, but was bland (no salt, herbs or sauce - just a bare filet with a thin semi-soggy crust that kept sliding off). The Rhubarb cobbler was also bland and despite being told the Pistachio Ice Cream was homemade, it tasted store bought to me.Special Features: