J&G Steakhouse Scottsdale at The Phoenician
6000 East Camelback Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85251Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
J&G Steakhouse Scottsdale at The Phoenician
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.jgsteakhousescottsdale.com/
- Phone: (480) 214-8000
- Hours of Operation:
SUNDAY - THURSDAY: 5:00pm to 10:00pm
FRIDAY & SATURDAY: 5:00pm to 11:00pm
Bar & Lounge - Opens Daily at 5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jean-Georges Vongerichten
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Host your special event at J&G in one of our two private dining rooms, patio, lounge or in a section of our main dining room. We are available for exclusive buyouts.
- Private Party Contact: Elena Torres 4802147870x
- Entertainment: Live entertainment Friday with Talia & Saturday with various artists from 7pm-10pm.
A word from J&G Steakhouse Scottsdale at The Phoenician
J&G Steakhouse offers a sophisticated collection of steakhouse classics as interpreted by Michelin starred chef, Jean-Georges Vongerichten. Located atop the world famous Phoenician Resort, the restaurant is draped in a rich palate of purple and gold with a modern, stylish flair. Diners will enjoy dramatic sunsets and views of the Valley while dining on premium meats and a global selection of fish. The bill of fare is complimented by fresh, local ingredients and worldly spices and is masterfully executed by Chef de Cuisine Jacques Qualin.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
J&G Steakhouse Scottsdale at The Phoenician - Best Restaurants in Scottsdale ›
J&G Steakhouse Scottsdale at The Phoenician reviews from OpenTable diners
100 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (75)special occasion (73)romantic (69)notable wine list (43)fit for foodies (38)great for outdoor dining (36)neighborhood gem (17)good for groups (16)hot spot (13)vibrant bar scene (10)late-night find (5)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Arizonacarr21498Dined on 5/15/2014great customer service, wonderful view and excellent food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could be so much betterazdinerDined on 5/11/2014I had recently dined here for the second time and have noticed a trend with my food. Let me say first that the service, ambience, and view were excellent! The appetizers were beyond delicious and the desserts were worth the trip alone. The desserts in particular the carrot cake was the most delicious thing I've ever tasted. That being said, the real disappointment came with the entrees. For such a classy and upscale restaurant the entrees were a real let down. The food itself was cooked well but between all of our entrée dishes the main proteins such as steak, fish, etc were surprisingly lacking in flavor. They were bland in short. I would have expected these to be seasoned at least but no the were not. This happened the first visit as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- View better than the food.OutnaboutDined on 5/8/2014Food wasn't bad, but not worthy of the prices. Dessert was the saving grace of the meal. View is great, but next time a drink at the bar will do the trick.Special Features:
- One Of The BestFilipinoFoodieVIPDined on 5/4/2014I've been to many of the top steakhouses in Las Vegas (where I live). Steakhouses on the Strip are very pricey, and they wouldn't stay in business if they weren't delivering an excellent meal and experience. J&G Steakhouse in Scottsdale (other locations, including the Aria, but I haven't been to the LV one yet) holds its own with the very best steakhouses I've been to. The food was just amazing: fresh, quality ingredients prepared and cooked by a staff that clearly knows what to do in a kitchen. The service was first-rate: friendly and welcoming, attentive yet never intrusive (they cleared so quickly and subtly you barely noticed). J&G ain't cheap, but if value is what you're looking for, it's worth every penny.Special Features:
- Always GreattwofoodiesVIPDined on 5/4/2014If you are fortunate to get an outside table on their patio you are in luck. Watch the lights of the city and the airplanes flying in and out of Sky Harbor at night is much fun. The food and service is always top notch.Special Features:
- J&G AMAZING!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014We had an absolutely amazing dinner at J&G. Don't skimp on what you order because you want to save money. Each entree, appetizer, salad, side and dessert was equally amazing. And, their sauces!!! Wow!! You have to go!Special Features:
- One of the BesstcharlieVIPDined on 5/2/2014As always, the Phoenician excels and its premier eatery does too. One of the best.... and, very expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/2/2014Service good. Oysters very good? Meal portions small. Steaks could have been warmer. It was 90 plus degrees and the fireplace outside by our table was on:(Special Features:
- Nothing SpecialEarltimesDined on 5/1/2014Service was excellent, but food was just ordinary and over priced. There are to many excellent restaurants in Scottsdale that provide the same great service with much better food and reasonable prices!
- Best in ClassDiomioVIPDined on 4/27/2014We never had to leave the Phoenician. It was great!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Its Ok but for the Price Id Skip itLocalDJDined on 4/26/2014I mean what can I say, Not the Greatest and not the Best. The View is Great so it s good place to have Dinner and watch the Sun set as its a Nice Clean place. The Food is not as good as the Cheesecake Factory but its decent not a place I would go to on a regular basis. But since this was a Birthday occasion for my Fiancé Why not. If you want over priced Single Dish items this is the place to go, Expect to pay about $45 per plate plus sides about another $25. To summarize Its a nice place where you don't see any regular Joe Shmo the view is fantastic, the food isn't all that that its claimed to be, But for a romantic evening its a Great place to Impress your date. If you have it then spend it. :).Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/25/2014Excellent service, great view, amazing food! We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Moms BdayCraigDined on 4/25/2014Our group came in for my moms bday dinner and we were greatly impressed! The atmosphere and service were top notch and the view was spectacular. We will definitely be visiting again! ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- noisy conversationdinewithfriendsDined on 4/25/2014Restaurant is very attractive, service and food are excellent, but the acoustics are terrible. Much too noisy (loud music and others talking loudly to be able to be heard over the music) to enjoy a conversation. We accepted the offer of a different table which was not quite as noisy. Dining outside probably would have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but not greatJohnPhxVIPDined on 4/24/2014The food was good, not great. There are many other fine steak dining places in the valley that I prefer, City Hall, Steak 44.
- Best Birthday Dinner EverJorgeinphxDined on 4/23/2014They made us feel very special and attention was first class.Special Features:
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/23/2014Staff is very attentive and the service was exceptional. Beef tenderloin was perfectly cooked. Was very happy overall.Special Features:
- Outstanding ExperiencebenglerDined on 4/15/2014My wife and I decided to join J&G for their fifth anniversary and partake in their menu created for the event. The food, service and atmosphere were all grand. We also had their wine pairing with the dinner and all the selections were great also. Altogether a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- Great Restaurant; dress code issueResortTraveler42Dined on 4/13/2014Great place; however the lack of dress code enforcement is disappointing. It is very distracting when someone pays to go to a nice restaurant like this and other customers are in jean shorts and t-shirts. It takes away from an elegant or romantic evening.Special Features:
- Great Birthday celebrationStanVIPDined on 4/10/2014Food and service was outstanding. We've been to JG many times and it is consistently superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice dining experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 4/6/2014Very nice dining experience. The restaurant should give something complimentary such as small after dinner drink or dessert simply because of the overall pricey mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'LL BE BACK2muchjoyDined on 4/5/2014i was extremely impressed with the menu selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- J&G Steakhouse one of my favorites!ANPHXDined on 4/5/2014I love going to J&G Steakhouse! The restaurant's atmosphere makes you feel very special. The view is amazing day or night and the service is always great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely Happy!ExtremelyHappyDined on 3/31/2014My husband and I believe this was the best restaurant we have ever been too. We are from Minneapolis and vacationed in Scottsdale, AZ. We wanted a good steakhouse restaurant during our visit. We were very happy. The service was perfect. The view was amazing. The steamed shrimp salad had the best shrimp we've ever tasted and the steak for 2 was the best cut rib-eye we've ever had. We are so pleased with our experience. Thank you J & G Steakhouse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulousrickyDined on 3/23/2014We had a great evening! The food was delicious & the service excellent. Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedTankDined on 3/22/2014The ambiance was nice and atmosphere was pleasant. However, the food and service was a big disappointment. We were sat at 8:00 PM, right on time. When the main food arrived at 9:30, it was cold and average tasting. Yes that is correct the food arrived at 9:30 PM: My group sat for a least 30 minutes without a single server visiting our table after they brought us the salads. With the ratings this restaurant received on line, we expected to be served with an evening tempo and the food to be timely, warm and above average, with a memory that would carry us back to them in the future. This was not the case and I would not recommend this spot if you are in Scottsdale AZ.
- They Know What Special Means...Pelham320Dined on 3/21/2014If you like to talk about exceptional food and great service, then J&G Steakhouse is the place for you. My wife and wanted to celebrated our Wedding Anniversary and our 50th Birthdays in a special way, so we decided to splurge. When we arrived at 6:45pm our table was ready and we were seated immediately. Wow, never in my life has a reservation been ready on time and it usually indicates you're being rushed. Not the case at J&G. The food was phenomenal! The staff was on the ball and we were ready to be treated like royalty (which we were). Every minute was a pleasure, and everyone there made it happen. If you end up in Scottsdale and you love great food and service, you need to visit J&G Steakhouse atop The Phoenician Hotel. It's Awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy steakhouse, great viewEastcoasterDined on 3/21/2014This is the second time we have been to J&G, and we had another good experience. We made the mistake of not asking for an outside table as the view of Scottsdale is phenomenal. The wait staff was very attentive and professional, albeit a bit too chatty. The meal starts with delicious fresh rolls. As a group of four we split two salads, which the restaurant is happy to do, and that was plenty of food. The entrees are sizable as well, and we had three among four people but loaded up on the vegetable sides. Strongly recommend the asparagus, mushrooms and Brussels sprouts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- off nightRoyalairforce25VIPDined on 3/19/2014have been before but today filet temp was off and off again on recook
- Great anniversary dinner -OllieDined on 3/15/2014Great anniversary dinner - the menu and food was the highpointSpecial Features:
- Bad food good serviceJbrownDined on 3/11/2014My husband had fillet mignon I had the New York Peppercorn steak. Both steaks were tough and have a lot of gristle and them.
- Snotty hostesses--I almostBondVIPDined on 3/9/2014Snotty hostesses--I almost walked away. I am glad we stayed. I would fire the 3 and start over.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing FlavorsAllenDined on 3/8/2014The cuisine here is amazing! Every course was a culinary delight! Romantic music, nice ambience were a bonus! We will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful evening!MimiDined on 3/8/2014We were in town on vacation and stayed at The Phoenician, a beautiful resort! J&G is on top floor with beautiful views from outdoor terrace. Our meal was first class all the way. Service was top notch and staff made every effort to accommodate one person's health restrictions. Only mild complaint was the noise level. We had to speak loudly to be heard around the table. Otherwise it was a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great choiceSarohDined on 3/7/2014I was looking for two things - great food and a great view for dinner our last night in Phoenix. This had both. The tasting menu was fantastic and the wine pairing was the best I ever experienced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeYale395VIPDined on 3/6/2014This is our second time dining at J&G. A wonderful experience. From arrival in the lobby to the after dinner drink on the balcony over looking the valley.Special Features:
- First TimersDukeDined on 3/3/2014We came here for an anniversary celebration and were more than pleased with the overall ambience. We started with drinks at the bar and moved to a great table with a fantastic view of southern Phoenix. Our service by Kyle was impeccable and our food choices were absolutely wonderful and generous. We normally try new places to dine for special occasions, but the J&G Steakhouse will be a favorite return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- band concert or fine diningBillymcVIPDined on 3/1/2014We usually really love the experience at J&G especially that classic meats and shrimp to-die-for-salad, but last time it was spoiled by the VERY LOUD band. While they set up in the bar, their amps were blaring in the main restaurant so loudly that diners shouted their orders to the fine wait staff. By the end of our dinner, it was better, but one could see that the first group of diners left quickly. Music with dining is a wonderful treat, but it should be background volume, not interfering with dinner guest's conversations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/1/2014Beautiful atmosphere, amazing views overlooking the Valley. Excellent service and phenomenal food. Couldn't ask for more. Food is just wonderful and the potato side dishes are amazing. Highly recommend the Potatoes Au Gratin or the Yukon Gold Mashed Potatoes.I would recommend this to a friend.
- shrimp salad...tomato saladOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 2/28/2014shrimp salad...tomato salad were SOOO GOOD!! carrot cake deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.