J&G Steakhouse Scottsdale at The Phoenician
6000 East Camelback Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85251Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
J&G Steakhouse Scottsdale at The Phoenician
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.jgsteakhousescottsdale.com/
- Phone: 4802148000x
- Hours of Operation:
MONDAY - SATURDAY: 5:00pm to 10:00pm
SUNDAY: 5:00pm to 9:00pm
Bar & Lounge - Opens Daily at 5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jean-Georges Vongerichten
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Host your special event at J&G in one of our two private dining rooms, patio, lounge or in a section of our main dining room. We are available for exclusive buyouts.
- Private Party Contact: Elena Torres 4802147870x
- Entertainment: Live entertainment Friday with Talia & Saturday with various artists from 7pm-10pm.
A word from J&G Steakhouse Scottsdale at The Phoenician
J&G Steakhouse offers a sophisticated collection of steakhouse classics as interpreted by Michelin starred chef, Jean-Georges Vongerichten. Located atop the world famous Phoenician Resort, the restaurant is draped in a rich palate of purple and gold with a modern, stylish flair. Diners will enjoy dramatic sunsets and views of the Valley while dining on premium meats and a global selection of fish. The bill of fare is complimented by fresh, local ingredients and worldly spices and is masterfully executed by Chef de Cuisine Jacques Qualin.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
J&G Steakhouse Scottsdale at The Phoenician - Best Restaurants in Scottsdale ›
J&G Steakhouse Scottsdale at The Phoenician reviews from OpenTable diners
108 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (78)romantic (70)special occasion (70)fit for foodies (40)notable wine list (38)great for outdoor dining (26)good for groups (16)neighborhood gem (13)hot spot (12)vibrant bar scene (9)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Outstanding ExperiencebenglerDined on 4/15/2014My wife and I decided to join J&G for their fifth anniversary and partake in their menu created for the event. The food, service and atmosphere were all grand. We also had their wine pairing with the dinner and all the selections were great also. Altogether a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- Great Restaurant; dress code issueResortTraveler42Dined on 4/13/2014Great place; however the lack of dress code enforcement is disappointing. It is very distracting when someone pays to go to a nice restaurant like this and other customers are in jean shorts and t-shirts. It takes away from an elegant or romantic evening.Special Features:
- Great Birthday celebrationStanVIPDined on 4/10/2014Food and service was outstanding. We've been to JG many times and it is consistently superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice dining experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 4/6/2014Very nice dining experience. The restaurant should give something complimentary such as small after dinner drink or dessert simply because of the overall pricey mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'LL BE BACK2muchjoyDined on 4/5/2014i was extremely impressed with the menu selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- J&G Steakhouse one of my favorites!ANPHXDined on 4/5/2014I love going to J&G Steakhouse! The restaurant's atmosphere makes you feel very special. The view is amazing day or night and the service is always great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely Happy!ExtremelyHappyDined on 3/31/2014My husband and I believe this was the best restaurant we have ever been too. We are from Minneapolis and vacationed in Scottsdale, AZ. We wanted a good steakhouse restaurant during our visit. We were very happy. The service was perfect. The view was amazing. The steamed shrimp salad had the best shrimp we've ever tasted and the steak for 2 was the best cut rib-eye we've ever had. We are so pleased with our experience. Thank you J & G Steakhouse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulousrickyDined on 3/23/2014We had a great evening! The food was delicious & the service excellent. Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedTankDined on 3/22/2014The ambiance was nice and atmosphere was pleasant. However, the food and service was a big disappointment. We were sat at 8:00 PM, right on time. When the main food arrived at 9:30, it was cold and average tasting. Yes that is correct the food arrived at 9:30 PM: My group sat for a least 30 minutes without a single server visiting our table after they brought us the salads. With the ratings this restaurant received on line, we expected to be served with an evening tempo and the food to be timely, warm and above average, with a memory that would carry us back to them in the future. This was not the case and I would not recommend this spot if you are in Scottsdale AZ.
- They Know What Special Means...Pelham320Dined on 3/21/2014If you like to talk about exceptional food and great service, then J&G Steakhouse is the place for you. My wife and wanted to celebrated our Wedding Anniversary and our 50th Birthdays in a special way, so we decided to splurge. When we arrived at 6:45pm our table was ready and we were seated immediately. Wow, never in my life has a reservation been ready on time and it usually indicates you're being rushed. Not the case at J&G. The food was phenomenal! The staff was on the ball and we were ready to be treated like royalty (which we were). Every minute was a pleasure, and everyone there made it happen. If you end up in Scottsdale and you love great food and service, you need to visit J&G Steakhouse atop The Phoenician Hotel. It's Awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy steakhouse, great viewEastcoasterDined on 3/21/2014This is the second time we have been to J&G, and we had another good experience. We made the mistake of not asking for an outside table as the view of Scottsdale is phenomenal. The wait staff was very attentive and professional, albeit a bit too chatty. The meal starts with delicious fresh rolls. As a group of four we split two salads, which the restaurant is happy to do, and that was plenty of food. The entrees are sizable as well, and we had three among four people but loaded up on the vegetable sides. Strongly recommend the asparagus, mushrooms and Brussels sprouts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- off nightRoyalairforce25VIPDined on 3/19/2014have been before but today filet temp was off and off again on recook
- Great anniversary dinner -OllieDined on 3/15/2014Great anniversary dinner - the menu and food was the highpointSpecial Features:
- Bad food good serviceJbrownDined on 3/11/2014My husband had fillet mignon I had the New York Peppercorn steak. Both steaks were tough and have a lot of gristle and them.
- Snotty hostesses--I almostBondVIPDined on 3/9/2014Snotty hostesses--I almost walked away. I am glad we stayed. I would fire the 3 and start over.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing FlavorsAllenDined on 3/8/2014The cuisine here is amazing! Every course was a culinary delight! Romantic music, nice ambience were a bonus! We will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful evening!MimiDined on 3/8/2014We were in town on vacation and stayed at The Phoenician, a beautiful resort! J&G is on top floor with beautiful views from outdoor terrace. Our meal was first class all the way. Service was top notch and staff made every effort to accommodate one person's health restrictions. Only mild complaint was the noise level. We had to speak loudly to be heard around the table. Otherwise it was a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great choiceSarohDined on 3/7/2014I was looking for two things - great food and a great view for dinner our last night in Phoenix. This had both. The tasting menu was fantastic and the wine pairing was the best I ever experienced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeYale395VIPDined on 3/6/2014This is our second time dining at J&G. A wonderful experience. From arrival in the lobby to the after dinner drink on the balcony over looking the valley.Special Features:
- First TimersDukeDined on 3/3/2014We came here for an anniversary celebration and were more than pleased with the overall ambience. We started with drinks at the bar and moved to a great table with a fantastic view of southern Phoenix. Our service by Kyle was impeccable and our food choices were absolutely wonderful and generous. We normally try new places to dine for special occasions, but the J&G Steakhouse will be a favorite return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- band concert or fine diningBillymcVIPDined on 3/1/2014We usually really love the experience at J&G especially that classic meats and shrimp to-die-for-salad, but last time it was spoiled by the VERY LOUD band. While they set up in the bar, their amps were blaring in the main restaurant so loudly that diners shouted their orders to the fine wait staff. By the end of our dinner, it was better, but one could see that the first group of diners left quickly. Music with dining is a wonderful treat, but it should be background volume, not interfering with dinner guest's conversations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/1/2014Beautiful atmosphere, amazing views overlooking the Valley. Excellent service and phenomenal food. Couldn't ask for more. Food is just wonderful and the potato side dishes are amazing. Highly recommend the Potatoes Au Gratin or the Yukon Gold Mashed Potatoes.I would recommend this to a friend.
- shrimp salad...tomato saladOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 2/28/2014shrimp salad...tomato salad were SOOO GOOD!! carrot cake deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gorgeous ViewSnowgirlDined on 2/28/2014The food was so delicious! I had Salmon and my husband had Short Ribs. We loved this place and will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was good. Service was slow.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/23/2014It was good. Service was slow. It was a Sunday nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They didn't quite find the end zon.TravelGuyDined on 2/22/2014Food was very good but the steaks--while very good--I've had better. The quality was there but either the over/grill is not hot enough or maybe the seasoning could have been better. Service was a bit weak for a high end restaurant--too may people involved in the service. Must have had 9-10 different people waiting on us depending on the course/beverage being served. They also got several drinks either totally worng or had incorrect garnishments. For the money, you don't expect or tolerate such silly errors. Restaurant is beautiful but service could use some improvement.Special Features:
- Poor food for 3 of 4 peopleEttieVIPDined on 2/18/2014We would never return. Waiter inattentive. He built up the French Chef rating but frankly the only thing French about the prep was presenting a few side sauces for us to share in a pick your own pot manner. Sides were small, veal rib chop dry, steaks and lamb chop so so and the rolls were like Tasty Bread boring.Special Features:
- Non typical Saturday NightKVM2011Dined on 2/15/2014Me and husband went to this restaurant in DC on our honeymoon and were hoping to find memories just like those. However when we were seated it took the waiter about 10 minutes to come out to us to give us menus. He never introduced himself. I'm not sure if the waiter messed up our order or if the chef messed it up but mine and my husbands steak preferences were switched. The medium well steak was too dry, but the medium cook was delicious. The broccoli was mediocre, but the mashed potatoes were divine. They offered complimentary bread that was a little dry and hard. The bus boy was more attentive to our needs than our waiter. Without his keen eye and willingness to give us our every need, the night would have been a total waste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seated Next to Waitstaff AreaMoJoDined on 2/15/2014I made reservations at least a month in advance and requested for my husband and I to be seated near a window because I had heard the view was beautiful. Instead we were sat right next to weight staff area across the aisle from the window and near the door to the patio. Weight staff kept rushing down the stairs with trays of food and going in and out to patio. They also hovered around the area. I was very, very disappointed. Food was very good, but we were seated in a horrible spot.
- Great view; solid food & servicejcdolfanVIPDined on 2/14/2014This was our first visit to JG's. We went here on Valentine's Day. We have a few favorite steakhouses we like to frequent, but they all had a "special" menu, and not all of the offerings on the special menus at our favorite spots, thrilled us. JG's is a restaurant we had been meaning to try, and they offered both their regular menu, as well as a special menu. The view is definitely the reason to spend the money to eat at this restaurant. compared to Mastros North Scottsdale (favorite), or Mortons, and Capital Grille, the food was just short, as was the service. Overall, the food was solid, with a few little missteps that made it not as nice as the other competitors I mentioned. The view however...excellent. Get a window seat if you go.Special Features:
- Amazing FoodQBn1Dined on 2/13/2014Jeff our waiter was very attentive and friendly how they should be. Overall an incredible experience with my wife tthanks to Jeff and the staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKtriggerDined on 2/13/2014Dined at the steak house on Feb. 13th 2014. Nice place but the server had attitude and ruined our experience. Steak was very good but the sides were not. Salad very sharp dressing and mushrooms were not very good. Overall a little disappointed.Special Features:
- Not impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/11/2014I had oysters and the veal t-bone. Oysters were good, no complaints. T-bone was ordered med-rare, came out blue rare. I questioned the waiter, he said that the meat is so good that it shouldn't be cooked more than rare and nothing would be done about it. I didn't like the waiters attitude, but the other staff (hostess, busboy) was pleasant. Can't recommend this restaurant.
- Great RestaurantBogyVIPDined on 2/8/2014Great Restaurant, Great delicious food and great service. Not to mention a great view of Phoenix/Scottsdale.Special Features:
- A Winning CombinationtwofoodiesVIPDined on 2/8/2014Great dishes and fantastic ambiance with this classy restaurant. A view of the valley from the side of Camelback Mountain. A lot of steaks but many other good dishes to please anyone. You can also eat on their patio. Very pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over-priced, under-deliveredOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/7/2014We came here for our anniversary dinner. I heard it was one of the better steakhouses in the valley (with a gorgeous view if you got seated next to a window). We started out with the french onion soup (I loved it). It was followed by the tuna tartare (minus the chips like Bern's) and the crab cake (very mundane) as the appetizer. The main dish was a the wonderfully dressed and tasting salmon (her, she loved it). A grilled cheese and french fries (our daughter, she did not). A 12oz filet mignon (me---just a hunk of meat. It was okay). Our sides was the asparagus (bland) and potatoes au gratin (greasy). The restaurant gave us a complimentary piece of chocolate cake and some ice cream because it was our anniversary (meh).Special Features:
- 2nd timeRRBCDined on 2/3/2014This was my second visit, I came because the 1st had been great, so now I invited a high compromise but what a shame, the ser ice was horrible from the start, they didnt ask us for cocktails, I had to call our waitress to our table at least three times, the food wasnt served at the same time or on the same way, food temperature was wrong, so it was very dissappointing for me, specially as I had guests and had created great expectations, dont feel like going backSpecial Features:
- 2nd time around!ChappyDined on 2/3/2014This was the second time my husband I came to have dinner, and the first time for my daughter and her boyfriend. We were late for our reservation and explained to the waiter that we would have to be leave in an hour to catch our flight back to Canada. The service was spectacular and the food fabulous. The waiter made sure our food was out quickly and we were able to leave within that hour. My husband and I had been bragging up this restaurant for weeks, telling my daughter how we had the best experience and food EVER at J&B. You did not disappoint! we were very pleased with the food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our AnniversaryredheadDined on 2/1/2014We went for our anniversary and it was very romantic, the food was fantastic. I love the music in the bar at just the right noise level that it is nice in the restaurant also. We received a complimentary dessert for our anniversary that was excellent. The view was beautiful, I would highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ServiceBandGDined on 1/25/2014We had a group of 10 at this high end restaurant. It was wonderful and we all felt very well taken care of by our server and the busing staff. We did not have an empty glass or a dirty plate to speak of. The waiter really knew his stuff and was very helpful to the two vegetarians in the group. One of the members of the group forgot their card on the table and the hostess call me within minutes of us leaving the restaurant, again excellent service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.