J&G Steakhouse Scottsdale at The Phoenician
6000 East Camelback Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85251Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
J&G Steakhouse Scottsdale at The Phoenician
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.jgsteakhousescottsdale.com/
- Phone: (480) 214-8000
- Hours of Operation:
SUNDAY - THURSDAY: 5:00pm to 10:00pm
FRIDAY & SATURDAY: 5:00pm to 11:00pm
Bar & Lounge - Opens Daily at 5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jean-Georges Vongerichten
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Host your special event at J&G in one of our two private dining rooms, patio, lounge or in a section of our main dining room. We are available for exclusive buyouts.
- Private Party Contact: Elena Torres 4802147870x
- Entertainment: Live entertainment Friday with Talia & Saturday with various artists from 7pm-10pm.
A word from J&G Steakhouse Scottsdale at The Phoenician
J&G Steakhouse offers a sophisticated collection of steakhouse classics as interpreted by Michelin starred chef, Jean-Georges Vongerichten. Located atop the world famous Phoenician Resort, the restaurant is draped in a rich palate of purple and gold with a modern, stylish flair. Diners will enjoy dramatic sunsets and views of the Valley while dining on premium meats and a global selection of fish. The bill of fare is complimented by fresh, local ingredients and worldly spices and is masterfully executed by Chef de Cuisine Jacques Qualin.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
J&G Steakhouse Scottsdale at The Phoenician - Best Restaurants in Scottsdale ›
J&G Steakhouse Scottsdale at The Phoenician reviews from OpenTable diners
101 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (76)special occasion (74)romantic (70)notable wine list (44)fit for foodies (38)great for outdoor dining (37)neighborhood gem (17)good for groups (16)hot spot (14)vibrant bar scene (11)late-night find (5)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (3)Show More
- This has it all.DmarxDined on 8/16/2014We were quests at the Canyon and were treated exceptionally well. We are admitted foodies and found everything perfect. thank you for your efforts and we will return....BernardSpecial Features:
- Always worth itfransapVIPDined on 8/16/2014J&g is fabulous. Always worth the splurge. The peekytoe crab cakes are amazing, as was the French onion soup. It almost can go with out saying that the steak was good we expect that there!Special Features:
- Would recommendWelovefoodandwedontcarewhDined on 8/9/2014New sunset menu is a great value with great prefix choices. Live music was bit loud making dinner conversation strained. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- WonderfulKittyVIPDined on 8/9/2014All was wonderful! The views, the service, the food! The Tuna Tartar is truly outstanding.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 8/8/2014The food was delicious, the view spectacular, and our server was awesome!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disaster on our 31st anniversaryphoenixnativeDined on 8/6/2014I made reservations specifically requesting a quiet, romantic table because it was our 31st anniversary. We were seated at the smallest table sandwiched between two larger tables. The view was great until a family of 4 was seated next to us while we were eating our entrees. The children proceeded to turn on their IPADS and since there backs were seated to the window, you could see the reflection of the IPAD screens in three of the windows. The view was ruined. My husband mentioned the annoyance to the manager. He couldn't tell the family to turn off the IPADS but would move us so we could have dessert. At that point we realized this was not the restaurant it claimed to be. Not romantic and certainly not upscale. Lesson learned
- Perfect for anniversaryAshleyR89Dined on 8/2/2014I could not have picked a more perfect place for our anniversary, the food was phenomenal and our waiter was very knowledgable about the menu. Absolutely fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Server, Ambience and FoodLeeLeeDined on 8/2/2014Great view, romantic ambience, great music in bar nearby and perfect food and service. Everything was perfect. Couldn't ask for better.Special Features:
- Consistently GoodElderwoodDined on 8/2/2014We returned for a small party (4 guests) birthday celebration this past weekend. We were seated at a cozy table by the window on a rare Phoenix rainy night. Attentive service; the only suggestion is that the wait staff be more discrete when interrupting a conversation to take orders, ask questions. We chose the following menu items: Thrilled with the flavors of the French Onion Soup and Gazpacho Soup with Shrimp for appetizers. Enjoyed the extra large cut of a Veal T-Bone Steak and Grilled Swordfish, both large enough for left overs to take home. Mashed Potatoes were super creamy and delicious. Crunchy Grilled Asparagus rounded out the menu. Great wine list. They always provide a special complimentary dessert for birthday guests.Special Features:
- Awesome!jb2852Dined on 7/29/2014We went for my wife's birthday and took our 11 year old son. Everything was perfect! You will not be disappointed!Special Features:
- The following 762 reviews are from the J&G Steakhouse Scottsdale at The Phoenician reviews archive.
- J and Gdine4lionDined on 7/24/2014Prompt service. Nice setting overlooking the Phoenician resort and Scottsdale. Not too noisy. Food was just average especially for high end steakhouse prices. Flavor of lamb was good, but unusual cut made it difficult to remove from bone. Swordfish overcooked. Steak was fine but not extraordinary. Wine list good. Would only recommend if staying in the hotel and not feeling like going out.Special Features:
- Special OccasionGolferGalDined on 7/24/2014I booked my reservation at J& G Steakhouse through Open Table and noted that it was my daughter's 27th birthday celebration and that she and her husband had just moved to the Phoenix area. I was disappointed that no mention was made of the special occasion and we weren't welcomed in a cordial way to this new dining venue. Service was slow even though there were few guests in the restaurant at the time.Special Features:
- lwestDined on 7/22/2014Service and food was excellent. I would recommend to anyone in the area to go there for dinner.Special Features:
- Beautiful venue, spectacular viewAnitaVIPDined on 7/19/2014All four of us had the prix fixe, three course. Three of us were very pleased, the choices of risotto and pot stickers were exquisite, then we had salmon which got top marks and flat iron steak which was terrific. The problem was the pork belly which was atrocious. The potatoes needed an additional few minutes of cooking and the meat was not crispy enough which made it horribly un appealing. Deserts were great times three. They make a fabulous lava cake. The fourth was a bizarre concoction of water melon, fairly tasteless, accompanied by a tooth breaking praline type made with black sesame. A real flop which does not deserve to be on their menu. We have dined numerous times in the various J & G and this was bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Fine DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/12/2014This was our first trip to Arizona and J&G Steakhouse was an amazing experience. We had extremely wonderful service. We had excellent salads, steak and salmon, and dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for a celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014Quiet atmosphere and great steak with amazing wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- stay vacaction gemmostlysunnycherylDined on 7/12/2014Whenever my husband and I opt for a stay vacation J@G is always on one of our vacation days. We really enjoy visiting the Phoenician property. The view is spectacular from J@G's, the food is excellent, and service is always very accommodating.Special Features:
- Fireworks DisappointmentHuntsDiningOutVIPDined on 7/5/2014Quite frankly, the food was great... But I was so disappointed because we went there specifically to watch the fireworks. We were told they started at 9 pm so we made our reservations at 7:30. I specifically asked for a table with a view, which we thought we had as we sat down. We ordered our meals and right in the middle of the 1st course, the fireworks started (about 8:15). We realized then... There was 0% view! The waitress told us that perhaps the "real show" would start at 9 as planned, so we decided not to let our food get cold and waited for 9 pm. No luck. We missed the whole thing. Very frustrating.
- Entrée wasn't worth the priceazfoodieDined on 7/4/2014My wife and I had dinner on her birthday and we ordered from the 3 course 4th of July menu. The appetizers and desserts were good but the entrée was disappointing. Definitely was not worth the price.Special Features:
- Worth the driveSusanDDined on 6/21/2014It is a 100 mile round trip for us to visit this restaurant, but well worth it. It is the only place in the Phoenix area we have found that has genuine Dover Sole on the menu - my husband's favorite fish. We have been going to J & G for several years now and have yet to be disappointed. The food is really good. You can have a great steakhouse dinner, or a casual dinner or a real treat with some of their special dishes and appetizers. Their Parker House bread rolls are outstanding. Good wine list and cocktails too. You can dress up or go smart casual, everyone fits in and with the great view it is almost like a mini-vacation for us. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Wonderful experiencetarsar7Dined on 6/20/2014We went and sat at the bar before dinner. The cocktails at the bar were made perfectly and the bartender was very friendly. They seated us by the window and the view is to die for. The wait staff was very knowledgeable and friendly and the dinner was exquisite. I had the most wonderful mashed potatoes ever...Special Features:
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/15/2014J&G is consistently outstanding. From the excellent service, to the breath taking views, it's always an enjoyable experience. Food on this visit wasn't quite as good as it normally is. Tried the chicken entree instead of the usual steak. The taste wasn't good, the texture wasn't good. I was happy to have tried something different, but I wouldn't order this again. Next time, it's back to the usual steak entree, which is consistently fantastic.
- mich13mich13VIPDined on 6/13/2014my husband's steak had to be returned - the rib eye. not cooked medium, was med rare. . so had to wait for filet , he switched to. seems they ca't get steaks cooked right at jg's had similar experience in a ny steak house of his. also should have gotten all new sides like they do in capitol grille. they did comp the desserts , though.Special Features:
- Great food, outstanding view!Cantwait2returnDined on 6/13/2014My wife and I had the pleasure of dining here recently and had a great time! The food was very good! Our server was well trained and knowledgeable in the food and wine offerings of the restaurant. She suggested an excellent wine that complimented the meal we had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd visit not so good..OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/11/2014I've been to J&G twice. The first time was great. However, this last visit was very different. The hostess was was cold and impersonal (and acted irritated when I requested a table by the window). The waiter was aloof and the food was disappointing. The calamari was not as tender as last time we were there and had 3 clunks of fried dough in the bowl. The side of mushrooms has also digressed since we were there last time - slimy, bland and no herbs that made it pop. The crusted Halibut was cooked perfectly, but was bland (no salt, herbs or sauce - just a bare filet with a thin semi-soggy crust that kept sliding off). The Rhubarb cobbler was also bland and despite being told the Pistachio Ice Cream was homemade, it tasted store bought to me.Special Features:
- J&GWrigleyDined on 6/4/2014The service was slow at the beginning, but picked up later. The food was excellent. Would recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently very goodVisitorVIPDined on 6/3/2014We eat here every time we are in Scottsdale. The food and service are consistently very good. The new summer menu has a roasted lobster dish which was outstanding. The steaks are of a high quality and are cooked to a diner's preference.Special Features:
- Superb service and food/wineEricVIPDined on 5/30/2014Highly recommend the tasting menu, each of the five courses was great and perfectly paired - it made for a fun and delicious experience! Talia was performing in the bar area, first heard her about 10 years ago when she opened for Vienna Teng in Cave Creek, she's extremely talented. Downstairs at the Thirsty Camel, Anthony Mazzella - one of the world's great guitarists - was performing his usual incredible show. Overall a wonderful experience at the Phoenician!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodaer151Dined on 5/30/2014The food was overall good. We did a special wagyu beef and had tons of flavor. We personally liked the Mac and cheese, the mashed potatoes were just ok. Chili glaze was awesome. They were also were nice and provided a dessert for my mothers birthday. The only complaint we had was the server. Super nice but slow and not attentive in my opinion. After he took our order, never came back to even check if the food was ok. For fine dining the service needs improved upon. A few others helped and were very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant at the Phoenician!LRHoustonDined on 5/25/2014The oysters were great (east coast), the tuna tartare is one of the Best appetizers I've ever had, and the filet was cooked to perfection! No complaints at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great overallOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/25/2014J&G Stekhouse was great overall. I wrote on the "special request" to put "Happy late anniversary" on the dessert plate and the hostess was kind and told us "Happy Anniversary" and presented us with an anniversary card. It happened to be Spring restaurant week, so we tried it. It was $40 a person for a 3 course meal, which isn't bad at all. I had the pea ravioli as an appetizer which was pretty good. Next, my entree was a filet mignon. I had mine medium rare and the steak was cooked perfectly! Lastly for dessert I ordered Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble. The dessert was ok, it was too sweet in my opinion. Overall, I would recommend this restaurant, the ambience is great and service was excellent. The staff were definitely on top of it.Special Features:
- Elegant, Casual, Unique, ClassicSouthTexanDined on 5/24/2014This restaurant strikes the right balance between inventive and classic. The architecture of the restaurant is beautiful. The view over the Phoenician resort is beautiful. The restaurant is not stuffy. Our server was was knowledgeable without being snooty. Our food was cooked to perfection. My wife and I both had filet mignon as our main course. Both were cooked to perfect temperature. Flavor was amazing. The appetizers were unique: ravioli, and a honeydew gazpacho. Waiter recommended a local wine. It was excellent. Deserts--lava cake and strawberry rhubarb pie--were sublime. Very pleased. We didn't get to enjoy it because we were in a rush, but the bar area had great live music.Special Features:
- never againwontgoagainDined on 5/24/2014the kitchen apparently mixed up our order. had to ask where was our appetizer. when it arrived it was cold. the entree arrived cold as well, would never recommend to anyone for dinner
- First time dining at J&GWineNDineDined on 5/24/2014J&G was my first time diving into legitimate fine dining, and I had a really special woman with me to share the experience. I knew as soon as I walked in the door I chose the right restaurant for our date. Our server was very friendly, but more so than anything was extremely knowledgeable over the entire menu. Our meal was fantastic, I ordered the 16oz strip with a potato while my date got the 'restaurant week' special consisting of a honey dew shrimp, 6 oz filet mignon, and a molten lava chocolate cake (which we shared). Both of our steaks literally melted in our mouth and were cooked to perfection. One of the managers took a few pictures for us, which was nice of him as the place was getting increasingly busy. Overall Amazing Experience.Special Features:
- Ravashing DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/23/2014This was beyond a simple dinner, though the restaurant itself was a bit confusing to find at first, but once it is found... the scenic view was breath taking, the food was delicious, and it was all in all a romantic experience.Special Features:
- good dinner optionOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/23/2014looking for a good meal while staying at the Pheonician resort? Steaks were excellent, ambiance was perfect, and staff was friendly. Good place for a nice, quality dinnerSpecial Features:
- Only one thing wrong.buff1308Dined on 5/23/2014Excellent steakhouse, excellent food, excellent staff, excellent views. The only issue...paper placemats??? Aside from that, J&G is a great steakhouse!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 Star Dining Experience.LoveToDineVIPDined on 5/21/2014A warm and welcoming staff created a wonderful atmosphere. The setting was very romantic and scenic. We were seated at a table next to a firepit overlooking the Phoenician pools and Arizona skyline. For starters, the peeky toe crab appetizer was the most amazing crab cake I have ever experienced. The asparagus risotto appetizer was outstanding. The black truffle comte fritters melted in your mouth. The filet was cooked to perfection and complimented with a great selection of unique sauces. The warm chocolate dessert was the icing on the cake. The only drawback was fitting in our bathing suits the next day. That didn't stop us from dining at J&G 2 more evenings. We look forward to returning.Special Features:
- Delightful view/delectable foodluvnveggiesDined on 5/21/2014Oh the view! Changing sunset light on rock formations of Papago Park and watching planes descending can't be beat. Tastebuds tantalized with creative honeydew gazpacho with mint, lime, and fiery shrimp: sweet, hot, tangy--perfect lead-in to the salmon with potato puree and basil vinaigrette with vegetables. Warm yeasty rolls with glistening crust were a nice surprise accompanying the meal. Partner's freshly made pea green ravioli with smoked bacon vinaigrette, and the filet mignon were perfect but the creamed basil and favas beans, although tasty, was disappointing because no beans were visible. Wish some local craft beer were on tap. Strawberry rhubarb crumble with peppered pistachio ice-cream superb. Choc cake with caramel nicely rich.Special Features:
- nice but disappointingCandiceVIPDined on 5/18/2014If I'm spending $68 on a lobster I don't want to eat it on a paper place mat. (tacky) That said the salmon was cooked to perfection and the best I've ever had. The noise level was so high as to interfere with dinner conversation. All in all nice but not that great. I can think of several better choices for fine dining.Special Features: