J&G Steakhouse Scottsdale at The Phoenician
6000 East Camelback Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85251Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
J&G Steakhouse Scottsdale at The Phoenician
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.jgsteakhousescottsdale.com/
- Phone: 4802148000x
- Hours of Operation:
MONDAY - SATURDAY: 5:00pm to 10:00pm
SUNDAY: 5:00pm to 9:00pm
Bar & Lounge - Opens Daily at 5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jean-Georges Vongerichten
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Host your special event at J&G in one of our two private dining rooms, patio, lounge or in a section of our main dining room. We are available for exclusive buyouts.
- Private Party Contact: Elena Torres 4802147870x
- Entertainment: Live entertainment Friday with Talia & Saturday with various artists from 7pm-10pm.
A word from J&G Steakhouse Scottsdale at The Phoenician
J&G Steakhouse offers a sophisticated collection of steakhouse classics as interpreted by Michelin starred chef, Jean-Georges Vongerichten. Located atop the world famous Phoenician Resort, the restaurant is draped in a rich palate of purple and gold with a modern, stylish flair. Diners will enjoy dramatic sunsets and views of the Valley while dining on premium meats and a global selection of fish. The bill of fare is complimented by fresh, local ingredients and worldly spices and is masterfully executed by Chef de Cuisine Jacques Qualin.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
J&G Steakhouse Scottsdale at The Phoenician - Best Restaurants in Scottsdale ›
J&G Steakhouse Scottsdale at The Phoenician reviews from OpenTable diners
115 reviews since May 18, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (85)special occasion (78)romantic (78)fit for foodies (41)notable wine list (36)great for outdoor dining (34)good for groups (20)hot spot (15)vibrant bar scene (15)neighborhood gem (12)late-night find (8)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (6)great for lunch (4)Show More
- J&GWrigleyDined on 6/4/2014The service was slow at the beginning, but picked up later. The food was excellent. Would recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently very goodVisitorVIPDined on 6/3/2014We eat here every time we are in Scottsdale. The food and service are consistently very good. The new summer menu has a roasted lobster dish which was outstanding. The steaks are of a high quality and are cooked to a diner's preference.Special Features:
- Superb service and food/wineEricVIPDined on 5/30/2014Highly recommend the tasting menu, each of the five courses was great and perfectly paired - it made for a fun and delicious experience! Talia was performing in the bar area, first heard her about 10 years ago when she opened for Vienna Teng in Cave Creek, she's extremely talented. Downstairs at the Thirsty Camel, Anthony Mazzella - one of the world's great guitarists - was performing his usual incredible show. Overall a wonderful experience at the Phoenician!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodaer151Dined on 5/30/2014The food was overall good. We did a special wagyu beef and had tons of flavor. We personally liked the Mac and cheese, the mashed potatoes were just ok. Chili glaze was awesome. They were also were nice and provided a dessert for my mothers birthday. The only complaint we had was the server. Super nice but slow and not attentive in my opinion. After he took our order, never came back to even check if the food was ok. For fine dining the service needs improved upon. A few others helped and were very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant at the Phoenician!LRHoustonDined on 5/25/2014The oysters were great (east coast), the tuna tartare is one of the Best appetizers I've ever had, and the filet was cooked to perfection! No complaints at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great overallOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/25/2014J&G Stekhouse was great overall. I wrote on the "special request" to put "Happy late anniversary" on the dessert plate and the hostess was kind and told us "Happy Anniversary" and presented us with an anniversary card. It happened to be Spring restaurant week, so we tried it. It was $40 a person for a 3 course meal, which isn't bad at all. I had the pea ravioli as an appetizer which was pretty good. Next, my entree was a filet mignon. I had mine medium rare and the steak was cooked perfectly! Lastly for dessert I ordered Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble. The dessert was ok, it was too sweet in my opinion. Overall, I would recommend this restaurant, the ambience is great and service was excellent. The staff were definitely on top of it.Special Features:
- Elegant, Casual, Unique, ClassicSouthTexanDined on 5/24/2014This restaurant strikes the right balance between inventive and classic. The architecture of the restaurant is beautiful. The view over the Phoenician resort is beautiful. The restaurant is not stuffy. Our server was was knowledgeable without being snooty. Our food was cooked to perfection. My wife and I both had filet mignon as our main course. Both were cooked to perfect temperature. Flavor was amazing. The appetizers were unique: ravioli, and a honeydew gazpacho. Waiter recommended a local wine. It was excellent. Deserts--lava cake and strawberry rhubarb pie--were sublime. Very pleased. We didn't get to enjoy it because we were in a rush, but the bar area had great live music.Special Features:
- never againwontgoagainDined on 5/24/2014the kitchen apparently mixed up our order. had to ask where was our appetizer. when it arrived it was cold. the entree arrived cold as well, would never recommend to anyone for dinner
- First time dining at J&GWineNDineDined on 5/24/2014J&G was my first time diving into legitimate fine dining, and I had a really special woman with me to share the experience. I knew as soon as I walked in the door I chose the right restaurant for our date. Our server was very friendly, but more so than anything was extremely knowledgeable over the entire menu. Our meal was fantastic, I ordered the 16oz strip with a potato while my date got the 'restaurant week' special consisting of a honey dew shrimp, 6 oz filet mignon, and a molten lava chocolate cake (which we shared). Both of our steaks literally melted in our mouth and were cooked to perfection. One of the managers took a few pictures for us, which was nice of him as the place was getting increasingly busy. Overall Amazing Experience.Special Features:
- Ravashing DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/23/2014This was beyond a simple dinner, though the restaurant itself was a bit confusing to find at first, but once it is found... the scenic view was breath taking, the food was delicious, and it was all in all a romantic experience.Special Features:
- good dinner optionOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/23/2014looking for a good meal while staying at the Pheonician resort? Steaks were excellent, ambiance was perfect, and staff was friendly. Good place for a nice, quality dinnerSpecial Features:
- Only one thing wrong.buff1308Dined on 5/23/2014Excellent steakhouse, excellent food, excellent staff, excellent views. The only issue...paper placemats??? Aside from that, J&G is a great steakhouse!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 Star Dining Experience.LoveToDineVIPDined on 5/21/2014A warm and welcoming staff created a wonderful atmosphere. The setting was very romantic and scenic. We were seated at a table next to a firepit overlooking the Phoenician pools and Arizona skyline. For starters, the peeky toe crab appetizer was the most amazing crab cake I have ever experienced. The asparagus risotto appetizer was outstanding. The black truffle comte fritters melted in your mouth. The filet was cooked to perfection and complimented with a great selection of unique sauces. The warm chocolate dessert was the icing on the cake. The only drawback was fitting in our bathing suits the next day. That didn't stop us from dining at J&G 2 more evenings. We look forward to returning.Special Features:
- Delightful view/delectable foodluvnveggiesDined on 5/21/2014Oh the view! Changing sunset light on rock formations of Papago Park and watching planes descending can't be beat. Tastebuds tantalized with creative honeydew gazpacho with mint, lime, and fiery shrimp: sweet, hot, tangy--perfect lead-in to the salmon with potato puree and basil vinaigrette with vegetables. Warm yeasty rolls with glistening crust were a nice surprise accompanying the meal. Partner's freshly made pea green ravioli with smoked bacon vinaigrette, and the filet mignon were perfect but the creamed basil and favas beans, although tasty, was disappointing because no beans were visible. Wish some local craft beer were on tap. Strawberry rhubarb crumble with peppered pistachio ice-cream superb. Choc cake with caramel nicely rich.Special Features:
- nice but disappointingCandiceVIPDined on 5/18/2014If I'm spending $68 on a lobster I don't want to eat it on a paper place mat. (tacky) That said the salmon was cooked to perfection and the best I've ever had. The noise level was so high as to interfere with dinner conversation. All in all nice but not that great. I can think of several better choices for fine dining.Special Features:
- The following 732 reviews are from the J&G Steakhouse Scottsdale at The Phoenician reviews archive.
- Arizonacarr21498Dined on 5/15/2014great customer service, wonderful view and excellent food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could be so much betterazdinerDined on 5/11/2014I had recently dined here for the second time and have noticed a trend with my food. Let me say first that the service, ambience, and view were excellent! The appetizers were beyond delicious and the desserts were worth the trip alone. The desserts in particular the carrot cake was the most delicious thing I've ever tasted. That being said, the real disappointment came with the entrees. For such a classy and upscale restaurant the entrees were a real let down. The food itself was cooked well but between all of our entrée dishes the main proteins such as steak, fish, etc were surprisingly lacking in flavor. They were bland in short. I would have expected these to be seasoned at least but no the were not. This happened the first visit as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- View better than the food.OutnaboutDined on 5/8/2014Food wasn't bad, but not worthy of the prices. Dessert was the saving grace of the meal. View is great, but next time a drink at the bar will do the trick.Special Features:
- One Of The BestFilipinoFoodieDined on 5/4/2014I've been to many of the top steakhouses in Las Vegas (where I live). Steakhouses on the Strip are very pricey, and they wouldn't stay in business if they weren't delivering an excellent meal and experience. J&G Steakhouse in Scottsdale (other locations, including the Aria, but I haven't been to the LV one yet) holds its own with the very best steakhouses I've been to. The food was just amazing: fresh, quality ingredients prepared and cooked by a staff that clearly knows what to do in a kitchen. The service was first-rate: friendly and welcoming, attentive yet never intrusive (they cleared so quickly and subtly you barely noticed). J&G ain't cheap, but if value is what you're looking for, it's worth every penny.Special Features:
- Always GreattwofoodiesVIPDined on 5/4/2014If you are fortunate to get an outside table on their patio you are in luck. Watch the lights of the city and the airplanes flying in and out of Sky Harbor at night is much fun. The food and service is always top notch.Special Features:
- J&G AMAZING!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014We had an absolutely amazing dinner at J&G. Don't skimp on what you order because you want to save money. Each entree, appetizer, salad, side and dessert was equally amazing. And, their sauces!!! Wow!! You have to go!Special Features:
- One of the BesstcharlieVIPDined on 5/2/2014As always, the Phoenician excels and its premier eatery does too. One of the best.... and, very expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/2/2014Service good. Oysters very good? Meal portions small. Steaks could have been warmer. It was 90 plus degrees and the fireplace outside by our table was on:(Special Features:
- Nothing SpecialEarltimesDined on 5/1/2014Service was excellent, but food was just ordinary and over priced. There are to many excellent restaurants in Scottsdale that provide the same great service with much better food and reasonable prices!
- Best in ClassDiomioVIPDined on 4/27/2014We never had to leave the Phoenician. It was great!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Its Ok but for the Price Id Skip itLocalDJDined on 4/26/2014I mean what can I say, Not the Greatest and not the Best. The View is Great so it s good place to have Dinner and watch the Sun set as its a Nice Clean place. The Food is not as good as the Cheesecake Factory but its decent not a place I would go to on a regular basis. But since this was a Birthday occasion for my Fiancé Why not. If you want over priced Single Dish items this is the place to go, Expect to pay about $45 per plate plus sides about another $25. To summarize Its a nice place where you don't see any regular Joe Shmo the view is fantastic, the food isn't all that that its claimed to be, But for a romantic evening its a Great place to Impress your date. If you have it then spend it. :).Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/25/2014Excellent service, great view, amazing food! We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Moms BdayCraigDined on 4/25/2014Our group came in for my moms bday dinner and we were greatly impressed! The atmosphere and service were top notch and the view was spectacular. We will definitely be visiting again! ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- noisy conversationdinewithfriendsDined on 4/25/2014Restaurant is very attractive, service and food are excellent, but the acoustics are terrible. Much too noisy (loud music and others talking loudly to be able to be heard over the music) to enjoy a conversation. We accepted the offer of a different table which was not quite as noisy. Dining outside probably would have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but not greatJohnPhxVIPDined on 4/24/2014The food was good, not great. There are many other fine steak dining places in the valley that I prefer, City Hall, Steak 44.
- Best Birthday Dinner EverJorgeinphxDined on 4/23/2014They made us feel very special and attention was first class.Special Features:
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/23/2014Staff is very attentive and the service was exceptional. Beef tenderloin was perfectly cooked. Was very happy overall.Special Features:
- Outstanding ExperiencebenglerDined on 4/15/2014My wife and I decided to join J&G for their fifth anniversary and partake in their menu created for the event. The food, service and atmosphere were all grand. We also had their wine pairing with the dinner and all the selections were great also. Altogether a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- Great Restaurant; dress code issueResortTraveler42Dined on 4/13/2014Great place; however the lack of dress code enforcement is disappointing. It is very distracting when someone pays to go to a nice restaurant like this and other customers are in jean shorts and t-shirts. It takes away from an elegant or romantic evening.Special Features:
- Great Birthday celebrationStanVIPDined on 4/10/2014Food and service was outstanding. We've been to JG many times and it is consistently superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice dining experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 4/6/2014Very nice dining experience. The restaurant should give something complimentary such as small after dinner drink or dessert simply because of the overall pricey mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'LL BE BACK2muchjoyDined on 4/5/2014i was extremely impressed with the menu selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- J&G Steakhouse one of my favorites!ANPHXDined on 4/5/2014I love going to J&G Steakhouse! The restaurant's atmosphere makes you feel very special. The view is amazing day or night and the service is always great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely Happy!ExtremelyHappyDined on 3/31/2014My husband and I believe this was the best restaurant we have ever been too. We are from Minneapolis and vacationed in Scottsdale, AZ. We wanted a good steakhouse restaurant during our visit. We were very happy. The service was perfect. The view was amazing. The steamed shrimp salad had the best shrimp we've ever tasted and the steak for 2 was the best cut rib-eye we've ever had. We are so pleased with our experience. Thank you J & G Steakhouse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulousrickyDined on 3/23/2014We had a great evening! The food was delicious & the service excellent. Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.