J. Alexander's - Peachtree Parkway
5245 Peachtree Pkwy
Norcross, GA 30092Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
J. Alexander's - Peachtree Parkway
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.jalexanders.com/
- Phone: 7702639755x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Landry Montgomery
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from J. Alexander's - Peachtree Parkway
J. Alexander’s is a contemporary American restaurant, known for its wood-fired cuisine. Our core philosophy is to provide you with the highest possible quality dining experience. The menu features a wide selection of American classics including prime rib of beef, steaks, fresh seafood, sandwiches and entrée salads. The menu in each restaurant includes a varied and rotating selection of features like Seafood Czarina, Tuscan Steak, Grilled Fish with Mango Papaya Salsa and Chicken Milanese. The restaurant has a full-service bar that includes an outstanding selection of wines both by the glass and bottle.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
J. Alexander's - Peachtree Parkway - Best Restaurants in Norcross ›
J. Alexander's - Peachtree Parkway reviews from OpenTable diners
79 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (34)special occasion (32)great for lunch (31)neighborhood gem (27)fit for foodies (23)romantic (16)kid-friendly (13)notable wine list (12)vibrant bar scene (12)hot spot (8)great for brunch (7)scenic view (4)late-night find (4)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Not just for dinner anymoreThoughts4UDined on 9/15/2014We used to go to J Alexander's only for dinner on special occasions ( this trip was actually to celebrate a birthday) but we often go for lunch now as well. The food is consistently delicious. The wine list has some of my favorites.They also make a mean martini. The atmosphere is an upscale open concept room but the room noise still allows for conversation. It is a favorite with our whole family.Special Features:
- Always a treatMarthaDined on 9/11/2014A favorite spot when in Atlanta and did not disappoint again. Ahi and filet were terrific. Perfect martini!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Healthier ChoicesFigmntVIPDined on 9/7/2014There were no healthy choices on the menu. High fat oily salad dressings. Burger was not up to the usual standard
- Another good mealStuyDined on 8/14/2014J. Alexander's never disappoints. Great food service and atmosphereSpecial Features:
- Love this placefloxedmomDined on 8/11/2014Great food! Excellent at working with all my diet restrictions and still find something yummy!Special Features:
- Delicious for a date nightJrfoodieDined on 8/9/2014Took my wife there and they had a good selection of quality wines, great variety of menu items and excellent service. If they have it, try the "Powerf stuff" for desert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Working LunchAlbertVIPDined on 8/7/2014Great place for a working lunch. 2nd time in two days. Had the fish tacos again! never disappoints.Special Features:
- Good birthday dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/3/2014I took a friend here for dinner for her birthday. The service was very good. Our waiter was helpful and courteous. He was especially good with the wine selection. Both of our dinners were prepared just right, and we enjoyed a nice creme brulee for dessert too. Very pleasant experience overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- :)tunaDined on 8/3/2014Great! Service, food, and ambience all awesome. ;) always have the ahi tuna steak and it never fails. Very declicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LeslieDined on 8/2/2014Consistently good food, a little noisy. A good place to gather with friends and know you will get good food and serviceSpecial Features:
- Enjoyable experiencespbpDined on 8/2/2014The food and wine were excellent. Always a great experience when dining here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemChrissyDined on 8/2/2014Always a great place for any occasion. Perfect menu for everyone.Special Features:
- Always a great experienceRiseup40Dined on 7/31/2014Had another great meal at J. Alexander's. There is no other restaurant in the area that compares. Justin was our server he was awesome. French Dip sandwich and Baby Back Ribs are the best in Atlanta! Ask about the "Powerful Stuff" dessert. They don't always have it but when they do, get it! It will change your life!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific Meal.greatmealVIPDined on 7/19/2014Great meal and the wine was fantastic. Had the "special" fish for the day and it was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite place!FoodrevDined on 7/17/2014Whenever we have a special occasion, Alexander's' is at the top of our list. Food & service are ALWAYS outstanding. Their baby-back ribs are the best I've ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good but loudPhillyvisitorVIPDined on 7/10/2014food and service are always great but the noise level is almost deafening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful lunch!HungryDawgDined on 7/8/2014Took some fairly picky foodie friends to J Alexander's Norcross. They had never been there before and were really impressed! Service was excellent! Greeted and seated immediately. Very attentive and gracious wait staff. Ordered the grilled artichokes which are kind of messy, but delicious. Will try the calamari next time and order the artichokes to go. Cypress salad, Thai Kai salad, and the special Scottish Salmon salad. All were wonderful! Best mac and cheese we'd ever tasted!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overalloff2h20Dined on 7/2/2014cosmos have been far better previously, miss the croissants, waiters were the best part, loud hard to have normal chat. like sitting at bar far better and food was ok but for the price would ay marginal,
- Really Good FoodRaceFanDined on 6/21/2014The Mac and Cheese was awesome. Grouper and Shrimp special was really good as well as the Israeli couscous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business LunchmagdogDined on 6/18/2014I forgot how loud the restaurant could be when full but the food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favoritedtennantDined on 6/15/2014We love J Alexander's and we are frequent customer'sSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Father's DayVegas2013Dined on 6/15/2014My husband selecting this restaurant and was very pleased. The food was delicious and the service was great. My husband had the ribeye steak, cooked perfectly and I had the grouper - excellent. My sons ordered the ribs, which were falling off the bone good and the chicken fingers which were also great. Our server, Robert was excellent. He made some great dinner suggestions. If you have the pleasure of dining at J. Alexander's ask to sit in Robert's area and be sure to order creamed spinach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eddie ConkleJFANDined on 6/15/2014It was a great Father's Day luncheon with my wife, our son and future daughter in-law. I love J. Alexander's and eat there often. We always take our quest that come in from out of town and guest from our church. Service and food are the two major joys that we get from J's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- probably will not go backaalle36VIPDined on 6/14/2014Calamari good, Disappointing fish tacos (very fishy), prime rib (ordered medium - delivered rare), had to request water multiple times, had to request silverware multiple times, it got old. . we won't be back.
- Great place for a business lunch.JoelTDined on 6/11/2014J.Alexander's is a great place to conduct a business lunch. The staff is friendly, accommodating and never overbearing. Lunch is served promptly once ordered. I have never had a bad meal there and the presentation of food is impeccable. They even notice when you have dark clothing on and make sure you have a black napkin, instead of a white (White napkins give off white lint, and that's not good for black pants). I would recommend J. Alexander's to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rather stay in my neighborhoodsparky3Dined on 6/6/2014OVERPRICED for DINNER but service is excellent! Food is pretty good. Heads Up- The short Mojito ($8) I ordered with less sugar was VERY sugary and contained hardly NO alcohol. Prices:Smoked Salmon Dip (Yum-O) $14, 2 Fish Tacos (Just Cod) $16, Veggie Burger $12 - All three dishes were tasty, but our bill came out to $53.24 for two people. I felt weird there... like this was a place where well-to-do people hang out who are able to afford the inflated prices. Also, very noisy and J Alexanders was not even half filled with patrons at 5:30pm on Friday, but all waitstaff and hosts were polite and very friendly! One Special listed for $31+ for Snapper over couscous and some shrimp. I regret that the online menu did not list prices!Special Features:
- Special dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/29/2014Thanks for being so accommodating for our special dinner last Thursday. It was perfect in every way - spacious seating, delicious food and accommodating for a little one. Thanks !Special Features:
- The following 79 reviews are from the J. Alexander's - Peachtree Parkway reviews archive.
- CottonBlackDined on 5/16/2014Pushy, robotic service..... Food remains the attraction--well done and tasty
- Great business lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014My boss and I had lunch here on a Friday afternoon and the service was really top notch. The servers worked really well as a team and our main server was very knowledgeable about the menu. I took his recommendation of the BBQ salmon and it was delicious! As this was a business lunch, I was quite pleased with the limited interruptions from the waitstaff and the speed at which they cleaned off the empty plates and refilled beverages. I used Open Table to make a reservation and the hostesses seated us promptly and with a smile. I received a few emails confirming the reservationThanks for the convenience, Open Table! A++ great spot for a business lunch and I would go back with friends or family if I lived closer. Thanks J.Alexanders!Special Features:
- Great food but bring a sweaterRob50Dined on 5/11/2014I live nearby and have enjoyed every meal I've eaten at J. Alexanders, but I'd visit more often in the Spring and Summer if they didn't keep the place so cold. When it's 80 - 90 degrees outside you shouldn't have to wear a jacket or a sweater inside to be comfortable. The man at the table next to ours draped his jacket over his daughter's shoulders because she was shivering. This is not a one time problem. But like I said, the food is excellent and the place looks great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/10/2014I had a really big party and they accommodated us without any problems. The service was great and the food too! I would definitely recommend this location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RonShookVIPDined on 5/4/2014The hostess are the finest in Atlanta and always make you welcome to the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!Riseup40Dined on 5/4/2014Great spot for business lunch. My friend get the Cypress salad (fried chicken, avocado, cornbread croutons) every time and she loves it. I've never had a bad meal. French Dip with Mac and Cheese is my feel good meal, but Pierre Burger, Cilantro Shrimp and Pork Tenderloin are all awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Service, Good FoodOldMonkVIPDined on 5/2/2014JA has been consistent in it's quality and service. Helpfull staff. swift service with a smile and a good selection of food.Special Features:
- Favorite PlaceFamfavDined on 4/27/2014This location has become a family favorite for celebrating my son's birthday. It's his favorite place that serves his favorite mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RonShookVIPDined on 4/18/2014Always good to have Bill serve us and the food was excellent.Special Features:
- EatWellVIPDined on 4/17/2014The Shrimp Louie salad was delicious and our server was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Customer ServiceanniversarycoupleDined on 4/16/2014My husband and I celebrated our anniversary with diner, both our first times here. The staff were accommodating as we fell behind in our reservation time, due to ATL traffic. Our waitress was knowledgeable, friendly and all around professional. Diner was hands-down perfect for what we ordered. At the end of our diner, our waitress came over with a iced dipped piece of carrot cake 'on the house". That was truly awesome. A great experience, one our belly would never forget!!!!Special Features:
- Neighborhood gemGood2goDined on 4/11/2014Service was great and food was very good. J. Alexander's has been consistent for a number of years with the quality, preparation and good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have loved J's for years...foodBillBDined on 4/5/2014Have loved J's for years...food is always good, service great and a value!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.