J. Alexander's - Palm Beach Gardens
4625 PGA Blvd
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33418Neighborhood:
Palm Beach Gardens
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
J. Alexander's - Palm Beach Gardens
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.jalexanders.com/
- Phone: 5616942711x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:30pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Allan Ayer
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from J. Alexander's - Palm Beach Gardens
J. Alexander’s is a contemporary American restaurant, known for its wood-fired cuisine. Our core philosophy is to provide you with the highest possible quality dining experience. The menu features a wide selection of American classics including prime rib of beef, steaks, fresh seafood, sandwiches and entrée salads. The menu in each restaurant includes a varied and rotating selection of features like Seafood Czarina, Tuscan Steak, Grilled Fish with Mango Papaya Salsa and Chicken Milanese. The restaurant has a full-service bar that includes an outstanding selection of wines both by the glass and bottle.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
J. Alexander's - Palm Beach Gardens reviews from OpenTable diners
174 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (88)great for lunch (79)special occasion (76)fit for foodies (73)vibrant bar scene (55)good for groups (31)hot spot (29)romantic (28)notable wine list (27)kid-friendly (17)late-night find (17)great for brunch (12)great for outdoor dining (6)scenic view (4)Show More
- Pleasurable experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/28/2014We were a party of 7 including 3 children under 7 years of age. We couldn't have had a better experience. My salmon was delicious as well as everyone else's meal. Service was excellent. we will be back.Special Features:
- Almost PerfectLovetoEatOutVIPDined on 8/23/2014J. Alexander's is a great restaurant, which we return to often. The food is excellent, as is the service. And, the ambience is also nice, as you can mostly see what's going on in the kitchen, and the decor is nicely and comfortably done. My only two tips for the restaurant are to change the menu a little more often, and ask the waitstaff to wait 5 minutes between courses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!staggsDined on 8/19/2014Great experience. Seems to be a good spot for all sorts of occasions from business meetings to dinner dates - and that is because the food and service is excellent.Special Features:
- Great FindletsgooutDined on 8/13/2014What a wonderful surprise....hidden away on PGA Blvd. Menu, service and food quality was very, very good. Prices were fair for the dining experience and the salads and sandwiches were some of the best I have had in years....similar to "Houstons" in its hey day! The clientele was mostly business, and it all had a wonderful sense of energy... (Loved the attire of the hosts....black dresses and pearls....would assume the same for the gentlemen hosts)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistantly DelightfulfwpurveyDined on 8/13/2014Every J Alexanders offers the ambiance, menu and service that I enjoy. This one was every bit as good and our experience reinforced my opinion of J Alexanders.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistencyArnoldVIPDined on 8/1/2014Good quality food at reasonable prices with a very varied menu.Special Features:
- Dependable foodSueTDined on 7/24/2014Food is always good and fresh here and menu is creative. Love the salmon and tuna dishes. Desserts are fabulous particularly the carrot cake and chocolate lava with ice cream. We had a new server so service was not as prompt as usual but we were ok with it as we were not in a rush. This is one of our go-to restaurants and we would definitely bring new friends to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MannyDined on 7/20/2014Hospitable and consistently good. Service always excellent, while marinara sauce served with the calamari needs improvement. Menu could use a bit of improvement in the "special" area. Don't try to be too exotic. Simple is best. Fresh Fish, broiled, pan fried with oil, lemon, oregano, s & p is easy and great. Lobster tails, no waste, can substitute for shrimp once in a while. Love to go to your place.Special Features:
- Not worth $OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014I ordered a filet and it was the worst steak I ever had. I ordered it Medium-Well and it came out burnt, dry and flavorless. I reordered it, but the new steak was just as bad as the previous one. Will never dine there again.
- Nice evening outOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/20144 people in our party and everyone enjoyed their food. (I had enough of my entrée left for dinner the next night). Will be back again soon.Special Features:
- fantasticDined on 7/14/2014Great evening, always love it at this place! Food excellent and staff very attentive, love the artichoke appetizer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch!SheilaVIPDined on 7/14/2014We had a large group. Great table and outstanding food! We all enjoyed it very much.Special Features:
- Just fantastic! I had the best timeKhipplerDined on 7/12/2014The restaurant was very quite and the service was great and was really enjoyed the food as well! The people all around us seemed to be having a great time too! The hostess and the wait staff was very friendly and took our needs seriously and wanted nothing more than for us to have a great dining experience and for the restaurant to keep it's reputation outstanding and for all the people to enjoy. The bread was very good too! I found the wine cellar very interesting and find it awesome you chill your own wine there and stuff! This is my favorite restaurant and I would not trade the experiences I have had here at J.alexanders for anything because every time I have gone my party had always been entertained and been treated with the upmost resSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!SheilaVIPDined on 7/12/2014As usual, great food and service! Great location and very lively!Special Features:
- perfect prime ribeatingoutVIPDined on 7/11/2014From the time this restaurant opened its doors several years ago, we continue to return frequently. In fact, the very 1st time I dined here (for lunch) I returned a 2nd time (for dinner) on that same day. It's that good. Many items are great, but nothing beats either their sliced prime rib on a yummy croissant or their regular prime rib. Their Alex salad with cilantro dressing is another favorite. Even their baked potatoes are great. Everything here makes it great every visit.Special Features:
- My go to spotdonnadDined on 7/8/2014This place always delivers a good meal at a fair price with good service. I can hardly finish the cypress salad it is so big. The staff works hard to keep your glass full and makes sure you leave happy. Great place to go for a quiet dinner with that special someone, and you can even carry on a conversation because it is quiet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IdreamofIdreamofDined on 7/5/2014What I most like is their high standards of quality and condistecy of good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelishGeminiDinerDined on 6/26/2014Great service! Great prices for portions. The Mac and Cheese and Carrot Cake are a must!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice atmosphereJ10H35Dined on 6/26/2014It's a really good go to restaurant. Lots if good choices of food and drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SaladsJemyslDined on 6/24/2014I really like the cypress salad but recommend getting the chicken grilled instead of breaded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyTerrweinDined on 6/22/2014It is always a wonderful experience eating at j. Alexander. Never disappointed always happy to come and enjoy a pleasant evening with our friends. I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for a nice dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just love J Alexander's!LeslieDined on 6/21/2014We can always count on J Alexander's for a great meal! The food is consistently good - we always seem to order the same dishes each time we come here! Reservations are easy to make, thanks to Open Table!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful timepmcfDined on 6/15/2014We went for Fathers Day and my husbands birthday. Our server was fanatastic, very attentive. The scallops were mushy in a mushy risotto but the steak and chicken fingers were delicious. My expert grandchidren said J Alexander's has the best chickens tenders, bar none. Stick with the above mentioned and your dining experience will be satisfying.Special Features:
- Good Food but Limited MenuScootVIPDined on 6/14/2014We have never had a bad experience at J Alexanders. We go there quite a bit. It would be nice if they mixed up the menu a bit, or had truly unique "specials" instead of featuring current menu items. The ambiance is nice, but can be loud at times.Special Features:
- good as usualfine2dineVIPDined on 6/12/2014This restaurant most redeeming feature is consistency. Never get a bad meal.Special Features:
- Excellent dinner with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/31/2014If you have ever ordered a Tangueray and tonic at a bar and gotten flat tonic, you will appreciate that at J. Alexander's bar they use bottled tonic! We were also very happy with our dinners. We ordered the garden burger (not like any other you've tried), fish tacos, ahi tuna salad and snapper with a mango/papaya salsa and couscous. If I had to find something to criticize it would be that the snapper was a tad dry. Service was perfect. We didn't feel rushed to leave. And we appreciated that. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at AlexandersOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/30/2014Alexanders is so good, the food and service are always excellent. I had the prime rib sandwich and it was delicious. And the chocolate cake is so delicious don't miss that. We go to the one in Boca it is also excellent. This is a well run place and we always enjoy it. It can be casual or extravagant, up to you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just ok... Used to be betterHungryManDined on 5/29/2014The service was ok, not great though and we waited quite a long time to see our wait staff once we were seated. Our filet and strip steak were overcooked, when they were ordered med rare and med, which just shouldn't happen. My wife's filet literally had charred edges that were inedible. New deviled eggs app was good but they don't tell you it is spicy. Like seriously spicy. The menu description or server should say that. We go here for date nightly be once every coils of months, it's ok to be in the rotation but by far not the best spot on the list anymore.
- The best kept secretMyfavoriteDined on 5/28/2014I always have a wonderful time at J. Alexanders. The food is Devine, the Ambiance is soothing, And the staff is friendly aNd professional. I just love this place!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Weeknight business dinnerBillVIPDined on 5/27/2014I dined at J Alexander's the other night with a few business associates. We needed to catch up after a day of work. J. Alexander allowed us to enjoy attentive service, welcoming environment, and consistently good food. I enjoyed Steak Brazzo which was a well cooked Filet with a delicious mushroom sauce. My business associate enjoy the fall off the bone ribs, which are always great and the Carrot Cake with a warm frosting. Large portions, attentive service and friendly environment. I have always counted on J. Alexander for a consistent mealSpecial Features:
- Consistently greatkhaotickatDined on 5/25/2014We have been here many times and the food, drinks and service are always excellent. The prime rib is a must have!Special Features:
- Enjoyable DinnerTuieDined on 5/24/2014Seated immediately upon entering the restaurant. Welcomed by our waitress Caitlyn as soon as we sat down and a wonderful dinner at a reasonable price followed.Special Features:
- First timerTableviewDined on 5/21/2014Was pleasantly surprised with overall experience!! Food was terrific and service was very attentive. I'm in the business and found nothing to be critical about. We were party of six and everyone was a first timer and wouldn't hesitate to be back. Thanks for the great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A continued favorite ...OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/18/2014Always a wonderful experience at J Alexander's. Food is consistently fresh and well prepared. Staff is consistently attentive and professional. We love coming back because we know we will never be disappointed. And just a side note -- the NY strip is positively the best steak you can get anywhere! Beats all the high-end places by a mile. J Alexander's does it right!Special Features:
- Enjoyable eveningFun4allDined on 5/18/2014Delicious food except for artichoke app. Great serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great go to placedonnadDined on 5/17/2014Great service and great food every time is what you get here. The salads are a meal by them self.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New location for diningGuestsDined on 5/17/2014Our waitress, Heather, was very attentive & pleasant - great job. The noise level was over the top - restaurant needs soundproofing - difficult to hear across the table without leaning into the table - too much noise bouncing around!! Food quality very good. We have been to other JAlexander's & this one was extremely noisy.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fall off the bonestevaramaVIPDined on 5/17/2014I have eaten good Ribs before and not really knowing what to expect here I ordered them. I can't remember when I had to eat ribs with a fork. Picking up the bone wasn't an option as the meat literally fell off the bone. OUTSTANDING!!! The flavor was amazing as well. My Wife's Prime Rib was amazing as well. We'll be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014Warm & friendly atmosphere. From the moment you enter you are greeted by a smiling hostess and it continues to the wait staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect prime ribeatingoutVIPDined on 5/11/2014We frequent J. Alexander's often and particularly enjoy several of their offerings. The restaurant is well known for their prime rib which one in our party ordered. The 20oz. prime rib was perfectly cooked and extremely tasty. Everyone enjoyed their meals. However, unlike most of or times there, this time we did have a problem with 2 or the orders. Usually everything comes out as ordered, but maybe because it was Mother's Day, two of the orders came out with the sauce on the meat rather than on the side as requested. I believe our server properly wrote our orders, but that the kitchen did not carefully read the order. Of course, we'll will go back because we like the restaurant a lot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.