J. Alexander's - Palm Beach Gardens
4625 PGA Blvd
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33418Neighborhood:
Palm Beach Gardens
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
J. Alexander's - Palm Beach Gardens
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.jalexanders.com/
- Phone: (561) 694-2711
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:30pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Allan Ayer
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from J. Alexander's - Palm Beach Gardens
J. Alexander’s is a contemporary American restaurant, known for its wood-fired cuisine. Our core philosophy is to provide you with the highest possible quality dining experience. The menu features a wide selection of American classics including prime rib of beef, steaks, fresh seafood, sandwiches and entrée salads. The menu in each restaurant includes a varied and rotating selection of features like Seafood Czarina, Tuscan Steak, Grilled Fish with Mango Papaya Salsa and Chicken Milanese. The restaurant has a full-service bar that includes an outstanding selection of wines both by the glass and bottle.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
J. Alexander's - Palm Beach Gardens reviews from OpenTable diners
154 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (90)fit for foodies (88)special occasion (78)great for lunch (64)vibrant bar scene (60)good for groups (30)hot spot (29)romantic (14)notable wine list (13)kid-friendly (11)late-night find (7)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Always a great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/22/2014The food at J.Alexanders is always great... simple fun tasty and well presented. You can't go wrong when choosing this place. The spinach queso is perfect to share while having drinks. All the casual sandwiches are always good and they have The best steak burger anywhere. Shoestring fries that you could eat all night. Their entrees are perfectly done as well... strange to say but try the rotisserie chicken it is outstanding as well as the prime rib or anything off the wood grill.... and a MUST HAVE is the onion rings... if you like great breaded onion rings this place will make you cry for more. One unfortunate part of dinner is the poor management... they walk around blind to the organized chaos. The service was slow but on point as our waiter was seat our party of 3, a four top and an 8 top all at once. If the managers had a handle on the place this would not happen. So aside from the poor seating skills and lack of manager support the place is great and our server was awesome despite the lack of support. Cant wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great service at the barChefinspiredVIPDined on 11/19/2014I always sit at the bar and couldn't be happier with all the staff. From Valencia at the hostess stand always greeting me with a smile to Ali at the bar that always has my drink waiting for me before I even sit down. The food is always perfect and I will continue to dine at J Alexander's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Team lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/19/2014Excellent as usual. NYO Mac-n-cheese of course is a must. Came for a team lunch, service was good as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatkathycVIPDined on 11/14/2014we sat outside bar area, service perfect salads perfect sirloin arrived overcooked but they apologized and fixed it right away. Crab cakes are the BEST!! They offer a delicious key lime pie for dessert We love this placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service a little strange....maccVIPDined on 11/12/2014When we were seated, the table was set with silverware that included all-purpose knives. Before our appetizer arrived, the server brought steak knives and removed the all-purpose knives that were already there., so we were forced to use steak knives to cut our appetizer. The server then replaced those steak knives with clean ones. I found this all a bit strange, as normally steak knives are brought just before the steak is served, and I don't understand the reason for removing the all-purpose knives. Also, no bread/rolls were brought or offered. When we inquired, we were asked "Oh, you want some bread?", as tho this was an unusual request. We were told the kitchen was "baking a fresh batch that should be ready soon" but we never did receive any.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice for a quick dinnertroubleVIPDined on 11/8/2014What I like most is they honor reservations. Our first waitress didn't get our order right. Manager, Kevin came over to ask how everything was. He was so nice even offered us a free dessert . Had the carrot cake which was the BEST.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday DinnerBocaBirthdayDined on 11/8/2014My Dad turned 81 and my Mom turned 80 a month ago, so this was a dual Birthday celebration. We have a great dinner. Food as excellent, as always, Sheldon, our server was polite and attentive. This is one of my parent's favorite restaurants.Special Features:
- KerbyVIPDined on 11/6/2014Often go here. Will be awhile before we go back. Salads were lacking, presentation bad. Fish Tacos had way to much toppingsSpecial Features:
- Always deliciouskathycVIPDined on 10/31/2014We can always depend on delicious salads entrees & service here! Food consistently greatSpecial Features:
- GReat ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/30/2014One of the best steakhouses, with lots of selection and great portions. their prime rib is awesome!Special Features:
- Always goodMortyZVIPDined on 10/30/2014We ate there twice within the same week. What better vote is that?Special Features:
- NotgoodDined on 10/25/2014My baked potato was cold and the steak was over cooked. Three of our party of four requested bread but it was never provided. On top of everything, our waitress bagged and provided my leftovers to someone else to take home. Not good. With drinks and appetizers, we spent over $250.00. Unbelievable.
- Excellent prime ribLucaDined on 10/24/2014I enjoyed an excellent prime rib with smashed potatoes. Portions are generous but not massive (I am against the doggy bag concept). Definitely I would go back there and try some other items from the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014There are not many restaurants in Florida with true service however j Alexander's has mastered it. Just spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not consistantDebbiepbgDined on 10/11/2014I eat @ JAlexanders 3 or 4 times a month. The food is generally good but has been inconsistent lately. I took my sister there Saturday night as she was visiting from out of town. I assured the ribs were delicious. She ordered them. I noticed she only ate 3 but didn't say anything. Next day I asked what she thought , "terrible, burnt and I threw them out ". (she had taken home the leftovers , at my insistence). She is the 3rd person to tell me that the food was not good. I was very disappointed.Special Features:
- Delicious food - as always!LeslieDined on 10/7/2014The food is delicious and always consistent! We'll be back soon!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SumrgameDined on 10/7/2014With only the exception of the noise level, J Alexanders continues to live up to reputation. Never had a bad meal. Food is always consistent regardless of selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st TimePBGPNSMDined on 10/4/2014I rated every aspect of J. Alexander's as very good because it was and it is tough to get "outstanding" from me. The service was outstanding for this type of restaurant. The server was knowledgeable and patient - he also offered a taste of 2 wines to help us select. The food came fast and was prepared as ordered. This will not be our last visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great timeall4elleDined on 10/3/2014We decided to take my mom here for her birthday and she was not disappointed. Our waitress was great and the food was phenomenal! All their steaks are great and the carrot cake is amazing!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always A Great Dining ExoerienceGilroys3Dined on 9/20/2014One of most favorite restaurants. Exceptional service and food. We always take our out of town guests here because we know it will be a culinary experience and fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always reliablelucyDined on 9/8/2014We always enjoy J Alexanders. The food and service is always very good. I like the assortment of sides that come with your meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can waitstaff be too attentive?CapitanSourceVIPDined on 9/7/2014Been there many times. Always good, always relialbe. Great service but maybe too great. Didn't need to know so much about our waiter or have him linger at our table and join in our conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good, as usual!SushiFanDined on 9/6/2014We have been here a number of times. It's always a good experience. The food and service are great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014consistent excellent service...food quality always right up there -any problems dealt with immediately...we already have an account at email@example.comSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SentimentslocalregularVIPDined on 9/4/2014Love this place! Management, servers, food, kitchen, and cleanliness are all A+.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood rest.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/3/2014We have been coming to this restaurant since it opened and end the food & service always good & consistent……...Special Features:
- Great foodgvalducciDined on 8/29/2014A nice dark wood restaurant in Palm Beach Gardens, great tuna salad and swordfish. We'll come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysnickluvspbDined on 8/28/2014We always eat at J Alexanders at least once every trip to Palm Beach and are always happy with food and service . Entrees can be pricey if not careful with choice. Desserts are very limited and although very good, haven't been changed for years!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasurable experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/28/2014We were a party of 7 including 3 children under 7 years of age. We couldn't have had a better experience. My salmon was delicious as well as everyone else's meal. Service was excellent. we will be back.Special Features:
- Almost PerfectLovetoEatOutVIPDined on 8/23/2014J. Alexander's is a great restaurant, which we return to often. The food is excellent, as is the service. And, the ambience is also nice, as you can mostly see what's going on in the kitchen, and the decor is nicely and comfortably done. My only two tips for the restaurant are to change the menu a little more often, and ask the waitstaff to wait 5 minutes between courses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!staggsDined on 8/19/2014Great experience. Seems to be a good spot for all sorts of occasions from business meetings to dinner dates - and that is because the food and service is excellent.Special Features:
- Great FindletsgooutDined on 8/13/2014What a wonderful surprise....hidden away on PGA Blvd. Menu, service and food quality was very, very good. Prices were fair for the dining experience and the salads and sandwiches were some of the best I have had in years....similar to "Houstons" in its hey day! The clientele was mostly business, and it all had a wonderful sense of energy... (Loved the attire of the hosts....black dresses and pearls....would assume the same for the gentlemen hosts)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistantly DelightfulfwpurveyDined on 8/13/2014Every J Alexanders offers the ambiance, menu and service that I enjoy. This one was every bit as good and our experience reinforced my opinion of J Alexanders.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistencyArnoldVIPDined on 8/1/2014Good quality food at reasonable prices with a very varied menu.Special Features:
- The following 191 reviews are from the J. Alexander's - Palm Beach Gardens reviews archive.
- Dependable foodSueTDined on 7/24/2014Food is always good and fresh here and menu is creative. Love the salmon and tuna dishes. Desserts are fabulous particularly the carrot cake and chocolate lava with ice cream. We had a new server so service was not as prompt as usual but we were ok with it as we were not in a rush. This is one of our go-to restaurants and we would definitely bring new friends to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MannyDined on 7/20/2014Hospitable and consistently good. Service always excellent, while marinara sauce served with the calamari needs improvement. Menu could use a bit of improvement in the "special" area. Don't try to be too exotic. Simple is best. Fresh Fish, broiled, pan fried with oil, lemon, oregano, s & p is easy and great. Lobster tails, no waste, can substitute for shrimp once in a while. Love to go to your place.Special Features:
- Not worth $OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014I ordered a filet and it was the worst steak I ever had. I ordered it Medium-Well and it came out burnt, dry and flavorless. I reordered it, but the new steak was just as bad as the previous one. Will never dine there again.
- Nice evening outOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/20144 people in our party and everyone enjoyed their food. (I had enough of my entrée left for dinner the next night). Will be back again soon.Special Features:
- fantasticDined on 7/14/2014Great evening, always love it at this place! Food excellent and staff very attentive, love the artichoke appetizer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch!SheilaVIPDined on 7/14/2014We had a large group. Great table and outstanding food! We all enjoyed it very much.Special Features: