J. Alexander's - Palm Beach Gardens
4625 PGA Blvd
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33418Neighborhood:
Palm Beach Gardens
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
J. Alexander's - Palm Beach Gardens
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.jalexanders.com/
- Phone: 5616942711x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:30pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Allan Ayer
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from J. Alexander's - Palm Beach Gardens
J. Alexander’s is a contemporary American restaurant, known for its wood-fired cuisine. Our core philosophy is to provide you with the highest possible quality dining experience. The menu features a wide selection of American classics including prime rib of beef, steaks, fresh seafood, sandwiches and entrée salads. The menu in each restaurant includes a varied and rotating selection of features like Seafood Czarina, Tuscan Steak, Grilled Fish with Mango Papaya Salsa and Chicken Milanese. The restaurant has a full-service bar that includes an outstanding selection of wines both by the glass and bottle.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
J. Alexander's - Palm Beach Gardens reviews from OpenTable diners
151 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (95)fit for foodies (85)special occasion (78)great for lunch (65)vibrant bar scene (56)hot spot (34)good for groups (28)romantic (17)notable wine list (16)late-night find (12)kid-friendly (9)great for brunch (4)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Spectacular serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014There are not many restaurants in Florida with true service however j Alexander's has mastered it. Just spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not consistantDebbiepbgDined on 10/11/2014I eat @ JAlexanders 3 or 4 times a month. The food is generally good but has been inconsistent lately. I took my sister there Saturday night as she was visiting from out of town. I assured the ribs were delicious. She ordered them. I noticed she only ate 3 but didn't say anything. Next day I asked what she thought , "terrible, burnt and I threw them out ". (she had taken home the leftovers , at my insistence). She is the 3rd person to tell me that the food was not good. I was very disappointed.Special Features:
- Delicious food - as always!LeslieDined on 10/7/2014The food is delicious and always consistent! We'll be back soon!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SumrgameDined on 10/7/2014With only the exception of the noise level, J Alexanders continues to live up to reputation. Never had a bad meal. Food is always consistent regardless of selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st TimePBGPNSMDined on 10/4/2014I rated every aspect of J. Alexander's as very good because it was and it is tough to get "outstanding" from me. The service was outstanding for this type of restaurant. The server was knowledgeable and patient - he also offered a taste of 2 wines to help us select. The food came fast and was prepared as ordered. This will not be our last visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great timeall4elleDined on 10/3/2014We decided to take my mom here for her birthday and she was not disappointed. Our waitress was great and the food was phenomenal! All their steaks are great and the carrot cake is amazing!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always A Great Dining ExoerienceGilroys3Dined on 9/20/2014One of most favorite restaurants. Exceptional service and food. We always take our out of town guests here because we know it will be a culinary experience and fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always reliablelucyDined on 9/8/2014We always enjoy J Alexanders. The food and service is always very good. I like the assortment of sides that come with your meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can waitstaff be too attentive?CapitanSourceVIPDined on 9/7/2014Been there many times. Always good, always relialbe. Great service but maybe too great. Didn't need to know so much about our waiter or have him linger at our table and join in our conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good, as usual!SushiFanDined on 9/6/2014We have been here a number of times. It's always a good experience. The food and service are great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014consistent excellent service...food quality always right up there -any problems dealt with immediately...we already have an account at email@example.comSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SentimentslocalregularVIPDined on 9/4/2014Love this place! Management, servers, food, kitchen, and cleanliness are all A+.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood rest.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/3/2014We have been coming to this restaurant since it opened and end the food & service always good & consistent……...Special Features:
- Great foodgvalducciDined on 8/29/2014A nice dark wood restaurant in Palm Beach Gardens, great tuna salad and swordfish. We'll come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysnickluvspbDined on 8/28/2014We always eat at J Alexanders at least once every trip to Palm Beach and are always happy with food and service . Entrees can be pricey if not careful with choice. Desserts are very limited and although very good, haven't been changed for years!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasurable experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/28/2014We were a party of 7 including 3 children under 7 years of age. We couldn't have had a better experience. My salmon was delicious as well as everyone else's meal. Service was excellent. we will be back.Special Features:
- Almost PerfectLovetoEatOutVIPDined on 8/23/2014J. Alexander's is a great restaurant, which we return to often. The food is excellent, as is the service. And, the ambience is also nice, as you can mostly see what's going on in the kitchen, and the decor is nicely and comfortably done. My only two tips for the restaurant are to change the menu a little more often, and ask the waitstaff to wait 5 minutes between courses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!staggsDined on 8/19/2014Great experience. Seems to be a good spot for all sorts of occasions from business meetings to dinner dates - and that is because the food and service is excellent.Special Features:
- Great FindletsgooutDined on 8/13/2014What a wonderful surprise....hidden away on PGA Blvd. Menu, service and food quality was very, very good. Prices were fair for the dining experience and the salads and sandwiches were some of the best I have had in years....similar to "Houstons" in its hey day! The clientele was mostly business, and it all had a wonderful sense of energy... (Loved the attire of the hosts....black dresses and pearls....would assume the same for the gentlemen hosts)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistantly DelightfulfwpurveyDined on 8/13/2014Every J Alexanders offers the ambiance, menu and service that I enjoy. This one was every bit as good and our experience reinforced my opinion of J Alexanders.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistencyArnoldVIPDined on 8/1/2014Good quality food at reasonable prices with a very varied menu.Special Features:
- Dependable foodSueTDined on 7/24/2014Food is always good and fresh here and menu is creative. Love the salmon and tuna dishes. Desserts are fabulous particularly the carrot cake and chocolate lava with ice cream. We had a new server so service was not as prompt as usual but we were ok with it as we were not in a rush. This is one of our go-to restaurants and we would definitely bring new friends to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MannyDined on 7/20/2014Hospitable and consistently good. Service always excellent, while marinara sauce served with the calamari needs improvement. Menu could use a bit of improvement in the "special" area. Don't try to be too exotic. Simple is best. Fresh Fish, broiled, pan fried with oil, lemon, oregano, s & p is easy and great. Lobster tails, no waste, can substitute for shrimp once in a while. Love to go to your place.Special Features:
- Not worth $OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014I ordered a filet and it was the worst steak I ever had. I ordered it Medium-Well and it came out burnt, dry and flavorless. I reordered it, but the new steak was just as bad as the previous one. Will never dine there again.
- Nice evening outOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/20144 people in our party and everyone enjoyed their food. (I had enough of my entrée left for dinner the next night). Will be back again soon.Special Features:
- fantasticDined on 7/14/2014Great evening, always love it at this place! Food excellent and staff very attentive, love the artichoke appetizer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch!SheilaVIPDined on 7/14/2014We had a large group. Great table and outstanding food! We all enjoyed it very much.Special Features:
- Just fantastic! I had the best timeKhipplerDined on 7/12/2014The restaurant was very quite and the service was great and was really enjoyed the food as well! The people all around us seemed to be having a great time too! The hostess and the wait staff was very friendly and took our needs seriously and wanted nothing more than for us to have a great dining experience and for the restaurant to keep it's reputation outstanding and for all the people to enjoy. The bread was very good too! I found the wine cellar very interesting and find it awesome you chill your own wine there and stuff! This is my favorite restaurant and I would not trade the experiences I have had here at J.alexanders for anything because every time I have gone my party had always been entertained and been treated with the upmost resSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!SheilaVIPDined on 7/12/2014As usual, great food and service! Great location and very lively!Special Features:
- perfect prime ribeatingoutVIPDined on 7/11/2014From the time this restaurant opened its doors several years ago, we continue to return frequently. In fact, the very 1st time I dined here (for lunch) I returned a 2nd time (for dinner) on that same day. It's that good. Many items are great, but nothing beats either their sliced prime rib on a yummy croissant or their regular prime rib. Their Alex salad with cilantro dressing is another favorite. Even their baked potatoes are great. Everything here makes it great every visit.Special Features:
- My go to spotdonnadDined on 7/8/2014This place always delivers a good meal at a fair price with good service. I can hardly finish the cypress salad it is so big. The staff works hard to keep your glass full and makes sure you leave happy. Great place to go for a quiet dinner with that special someone, and you can even carry on a conversation because it is quiet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IdreamofIdreamofDined on 7/5/2014What I most like is their high standards of quality and condistecy of good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 180 reviews are from the J. Alexander's - Palm Beach Gardens reviews archive.
- DelishGeminiDinerDined on 6/26/2014Great service! Great prices for portions. The Mac and Cheese and Carrot Cake are a must!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice atmosphereJ10H35Dined on 6/26/2014It's a really good go to restaurant. Lots if good choices of food and drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SaladsJemyslDined on 6/24/2014I really like the cypress salad but recommend getting the chicken grilled instead of breaded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyTerrweinDined on 6/22/2014It is always a wonderful experience eating at j. Alexander. Never disappointed always happy to come and enjoy a pleasant evening with our friends. I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for a nice dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just love J Alexander's!LeslieDined on 6/21/2014We can always count on J Alexander's for a great meal! The food is consistently good - we always seem to order the same dishes each time we come here! Reservations are easy to make, thanks to Open Table!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful timepmcfDined on 6/15/2014We went for Fathers Day and my husbands birthday. Our server was fanatastic, very attentive. The scallops were mushy in a mushy risotto but the steak and chicken fingers were delicious. My expert grandchidren said J Alexander's has the best chickens tenders, bar none. Stick with the above mentioned and your dining experience will be satisfying.Special Features:
- Good Food but Limited MenuScootVIPDined on 6/14/2014We have never had a bad experience at J Alexanders. We go there quite a bit. It would be nice if they mixed up the menu a bit, or had truly unique "specials" instead of featuring current menu items. The ambiance is nice, but can be loud at times.Special Features:
- good as usualfine2dineVIPDined on 6/12/2014This restaurant most redeeming feature is consistency. Never get a bad meal.Special Features: