J. Alexander's - Oak Brook
1410 16th St
Oak Brook, IL 60523Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
J. Alexander's - Oak Brook
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.jalexanders.com/
- Phone: 630-573-8180x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Greg Spyrou
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from J. Alexander's - Oak Brook
J. Alexander’s is a contemporary American restaurant, known for its wood-fired cuisine. Our core philosophy is to provide you with the highest possible quality dining experience. The menu features a wide selection of American classics including prime rib of beef, steaks, fresh seafood, sandwiches and entrée salads. The menu in each restaurant includes a varied and rotating selection of features like Seafood Czarina, Tuscan Steak, Grilled Fish with Mango Papaya Salsa and Chicken Milanese. The restaurant has a full-service bar that includes an outstanding selection of wines both by the glass and bottle.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
J. Alexander's - Oak Brook - Best Restaurants in Oak Brook ›
J. Alexander's - Oak Brook reviews from OpenTable diners
252 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (129)good for groups (95)romantic (86)great for lunch (85)fit for foodies (75)neighborhood gem (72)notable wine list (57)vibrant bar scene (35)great for outdoor dining (33)late-night find (32)scenic view (31)hot spot (28)kid-friendly (23)great for brunch (20)Show More
- My Daughter's 13th Birthday DinnerFather2013DayDined on 10/20/2014J Alexanders in Oakbrook provides Superior Customer Service!! Thank you so much!Special Features:
- frankoDined on 10/20/2014Food and service have always been best in the areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- POOR ACCOUSTICSOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/18/2014Everything about J. Alexanders makes this a great dining spot. Staff is efficient and friendly, food is outstanding, and the bar is excellent. The "only" negative is how deafening the place is. I have to laugh at opentables max level is "energetic". We've been here at various times throughout the day and found late afternoons are fairly peaceful. A weekend eveniing however is so loud you have to strain to hear the couple across the booth from you. Not a reason to avoid the restaurant but if you're looking for a romantic little spot I'd look elsewhere. If you're going with a group of friends and you're out to enjoy an excellent meal and don't mind getting a little loud yourself it's a great place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and Service!SunnybooksVIPDined on 10/18/2014It was our first time at J. Alexander's, and we were impressed with the quality of the food and the service! Well worth your visit.Special Features:
- Great Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014I made reservations for Sweetest Day, this was my 2nd time there and my husbands 1st he was very pleasedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoudGemgirlDined on 10/17/2014Didn't like the few available wines by the glass. Really loud! Loud jazz playing, everyone had to raise their voices to be heard. We remembered a romantic, intimate setting, where a relaxed meal could be enjoyed. Not anymore. Waitress was great.
- Consistently good!foodadventurerDined on 10/17/2014Redwood Salad (think the name is correct) was delicious. Server very pleasant, provided the right amount of attention, was familiar with various menu items (why don't more restaurants have their servers taste all the food?). There's ample parking. I'll return.Special Features:
- frankoDined on 10/14/2014Every time there, food and service is wonderful...Special Features:
- A nice eveningACOLDined on 10/14/2014Very good food & excellent service in a location convenient to, but separated f/ Oak Brook Center w/ ease of parkingSpecial Features:
- Carol8Dined on 10/13/2014Great food, great service, knowledgeable staff - what more can you ask for? The food is always delicious and plentiful and the staff brings soft drink refills without being asked. I love going to the Oak Brook store.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great dinner!CfoodloverDined on 10/12/2014We go to J. Alexander's for special occasions. Great prime rib & wine list with consistently good service.Special Features:
- Great time at J AlexandersjjacoDined on 10/12/2014This restaurant was recommended to me for my birthday. The service was very good and the food was tasty. I also enjoyed the freshly made carrot cake that they served me as a special birthday treat. I don't think you will be disappointed should you try this restaurant. I also want to mention how clean it was.Special Features:
- Frequent patron over 10 yearsBlueyeguyDined on 10/10/2014I have never been unhappy. The food is great, the service is superb, and the atmosphere wonderful. I took my girlfriend there last night and proposed to her. I wanted J Alexander for the reasons above. She said yes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014J Alexanders has been on the "favorite" list of several friends, but this visit was my first. The first impression at the door is excellent, and the service and food lived up to that opinion. The drinks were generous, the staff friendly and helpful. The menu offered a nice variety but we ignored that and each had a steak: an enormous filet and the largest "loaded' baked potato I've ever seen, a large strip steak and a generous steak frites - and we were each very pleased with the quality, the flavors and the prices. Portions were large, prices were reasonable for the quality. You could pay far more at other area restaurants, but you would not have a better meal. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Special nightBdaygirlDined on 10/9/2014I went there with my significant other for my birthday dinner. They made up a happy birthday menu and provided great service. The staff was very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- frankoDined on 10/7/2014Always have had a great time here, food wonderful as is service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth Every BiteTCU596Dined on 10/5/2014Every time I eat at J. Alexander's, I am never disappointed. I have have not had one bad meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OakbrookWMK1VIPDined on 10/5/2014Oakbrook has several fine restaurants and I find myself returning to Alexander's more than any other one. The service at the bar is always friendly and helpful to fine a good wine special. I had the Rib-Eye steak. it was OK I should of asked it it was a bone-in.Special Features:
- Great night out with friends!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/4/2014We really enjoyed this restaurant experience. The servers were very attentive and friendly. The manager came to our table and talked with us to make sure everything was to our satisfaction while he refreshed our wine glasses. The wedge salad was absolutely outstanding (lavished with Maytag Bleu Cheese). My rotissurie chicken was delicious and the Scottish Salmon was delightful. The prime rib was okay, but not great. The noise level was perfect--loud enough to add some energy but quiet enough so the four of us could easily have a nice dinner conversation. A really great night out with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectLuv2dineDined on 10/4/2014The food was great and the scenery was amazing. The greeters were very friendly welcoming. the carrot cake was definitely the best part of my day. The waitress was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oct 2 DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/2/2014Good food, good service, recognized customers with birthdaysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently DeliciousChicagogurlVIPDined on 10/2/2014The chicken pasta soup has long been a favorite of mine and two decades later that remains. The shoestring fries are awesome...a bit less crispy this visit but still tasty. The crab cakes are some of the best I have ever enjoyed. Don't leave without dessert. The lava chocolate or carrot cake are homemade treasures to the taste buds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AndyAndyDined on 9/29/2014We celebrated a birthday with 8 guests. The round table was perfect for conversation and the server efficiently handled the orders in a timely fashion. Dinner was a lovely, comfortable experience with just the right amount of lighting for relaxing dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent food and serviceSteakMauiDined on 9/28/2014The three of us each had the Steak Maui with mashed potatoes. Everything was outstanding! For dessert, we shared one gigantic piece of carrot cake. Yes, we paid for the steaks at $33 each. I wonder how they can charge so much for a marinated rib eye steak?Special Features:
- eathereoftenDined on 9/28/2014Service is great - attentive but not rushed. Nice variety on menu. Perfect spot after Drury Lane theater.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodDinergalDined on 9/27/2014I come for great food, especially the spinach dip! The service was especially good this last time. It was the first time for my friends and they were also pleased with the food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the crab cakes...OakbrookmavenDined on 9/27/2014This was my second dining experience at Alexander's Oak Brook. I went for the crab cakes...they did not disappoint. The food was amazing. The service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazinggoodfoodgoodbudgetDined on 9/27/2014We went out to celebrate my fiance's birthday. They even had custom specials menus printed with "happy birthday!" At the top! As a server myself, I pay attention to the service, and it was phenomenal! We had an appetizer, 2 entrees, and dessert, and wouldn't change a single thing. The artichokes were incredible, prime rib was very well priced (with amazing sauces), the cilantro shrimp had a great bite, and the key lime pie was the real deal with homemade whipped topping. I had two friends recommend this restaurant to me, and I'll be paying it forward by recommending to others!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/27/2014We had a wonderful dinner. Only complaint would be that it is very noisy.Special Features:
- Consistently delicious goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014One of our favorites! Great food. Great attention to detail. Great service. Queso dip is delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre at bestEnjoyVIPDined on 9/26/2014Prime rib is chewy, grissly, dry, and extremely salty. Food quality is on par with low end fast food.Special Features:
- mizzwizzVIPDined on 9/23/2014J. Alexander's crusted haddock is not to be missed. Reasonable prices for tasty entrees.Special Features:
- SPECTACULAR!RCGLewis1Dined on 9/20/2014The dining experience was absolutely wonderful! The overall service was great. Thanks for adding to my special night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and food.jtlarkDined on 9/20/2014We want in on a Saturday evening seated fast. Great service food was hot. Great tasting. Will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- friendsILAZWIDinersVIPDined on 9/20/2014We had an outstanding get together w friends. Excellent service excellent food. Excellent dining experience for a saturday lunchSpecial Features:
- NeverCookDined on 9/18/2014The food was great. The server wasn't on top of things. Difficulty finding her when needed. Drinks took a long time coming to the table.Special Features:
- A pleasant very experienceluv2feastDined on 9/16/2014Me and my guest had a wonderful dinning experience. Your servers were warm and friendly, and our food was brought to us in a timely manner.Special Features:
- Always good.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/15/2014J. Alexanders is a family favorite spot. Maui ribeye was excellent. Prime Rib is always good, and enough for lunch the next day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and friendlypath70Dined on 9/14/2014we enjoy the food, the servers and the beautiful inside and outside...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReservationsshortyDined on 9/13/2014I made reservations for a group of 5. We arrived 15 minutes early and were told that it would be a little bit. No problem, we were early. Half an hour later and many people being taken, we were still waiting. We waited 45 minutes after our original reservation time. During this time, even walk-ins were being seated. The manager apologized and said that the table was getting ready to pay their bill (he said this many times). He comped the appetizers but I can't believe there is only one table in this establishment that can accommodate 5 people. On a better note...food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.