J. Alexander's - Jacksonville
10296 Bistro Dr
Jacksonville, FL 32246Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
J. Alexander's - Jacksonville
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.jalexanders.com/
- Phone: 9049967147
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Please contact the restaurant for groups of 13 or more.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Kevin Clayton
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access
A word from J. Alexander's - Jacksonville
J. Alexander’s is a contemporary American restaurant, known for its wood-fired cuisine. Our core philosophy is to provide you with the highest possible quality dining experience. The menu features a wide selection of American classics including prime rib of beef, steaks, fresh seafood, sandwiches and entrée salads. The menu in each restaurant includes a varied and rotating selection of features like Seafood Czarina, Tuscan Steak, Grilled Fish with Mango Papaya Salsa and Chicken Milanese. The restaurant has a full-service bar that includes an outstanding selection of wines both by the glass and bottle.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
J. Alexander's - Jacksonville - Best Restaurants in Jacksonville ›
J. Alexander's - Jacksonville reviews from OpenTable diners
164 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (99)good for groups (59)fit for foodies (56)romantic (49)great for lunch (47)notable wine list (38)vibrant bar scene (34)hot spot (27)neighborhood gem (27)late-night find (18)kid-friendly (11)great for brunch (11)great for outdoor dining (5)scenic view (4)Show More
- annabelleannabelleDined on 9/13/2014Very good food and service. Definitely would recommend to othersSpecial Features:
- overly pricedPenJoDined on 9/12/2014Ordered pecan crusted fish with zucchini, over salted crust, very small serving. Six slices of zucchini, grilled nicely however surely NOT worth $32. Let me down j.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, great serviceCharlieFVIPDined on 9/10/2014This restaurant never fails to impress even though its large and a chain. The folks they get to work there are top notch, well trained and the food is great.Special Features:
- relaxed and no rushingjimmyVIPDined on 9/7/2014We met some old friends there for Sunday lunch (no Brunch). The entrees were a tad pricey but worth it. Very attentive server, quiet enough in the booth for us to catch up. We wound up staying for a solid two hours, but never felt rushed even though the place was moderately busy. I'd go back again anytime. And an excellent/affordable wine list.Special Features:
- Birthday celebrationCdb1115Dined on 9/6/2014What a great place to celebrate a friend's birthday. The noise level was moderate, the food excellent and location convenient. Will be coming back for MY birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservation deskOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014The reservations clerk was annoyed because I asked a question. She was so busy doing other things that it took her quite a few minutes to get one of the young ladies to escort our party of 5 to the table. What's with 4 or 5 different people bringing food to our table? They didn't know what we ordered and just set the food down on the table and left, leaving us to distribute to the correct person. And the volume level was extreme noise. Way too loud for that size.Special Features:
- Very impressedTravel4alivingDined on 9/5/2014This was a first visit and my wife and I were very impressed with the ambiance, the menu selections and of course the food. Everything was great including the service, we actually felt appreciated to be dining with the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationBirthdayDined on 8/31/2014It was the day before Labor Day at 3:30pm which is why it was so quiet and empty for a Sunday. We had a party of 5 which they take few parties over 4 due to space. This restaurant is for parties of 4 and below mainly. I do love this open table application. It took me no time to book a reservation ahead of time. I didn't have to call and talk to anyone which is always a perk. We just walked in and said we had a reservation. It was seamless. Every restaurant should have this feature.Special Features:
- excellent service, great food!!JulyDined on 8/30/2014I definitely go back the food is outstanding the prime rib cook to perfection the atmospheric comfortable highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alex Made the EveningFancyVIPDined on 8/30/2014Outstanding service from Alex made the evening this trip. He was so welcoming and genuinely glad we chose J. Alexander's. Our party of four all had a great dinner and good time. We'll be back as always.Special Features:
- DisappointmentRVerVIPDined on 8/24/2014Always been one of our favorites with top notch evaluation. This time - Kids noises, roast beef pre cooked and warmed up, entire bar set up for dinners, service only just satisfactory and best macicheese prepared probably for lunch crowd and saved. High point was wife's fish - excellent. I still have two prepaid cards for $175 but if dinner is going to be like this one I will use for lunch only! We were truly disappointed although we had been looking forward to going.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This restaurant is one of our favsOneofthelsDined on 8/23/2014We try to eat at J Alexander's once a month when in Ft Lauderdale or Jacksonville. Food is always great and service is top notch. Wait staff is always well versed, makes recommendations and are generally quite pleasant. The menu has something for everyone including great steaks, seafood, ribs and salads. Cocktails are always poured to perfection. Great for people watching but the ambiance and lighting are also perfect for a quiet dinner for two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Ribs in Town!FLPatriot59Dined on 8/20/2014Once again, J. Alexanders delivers! For a casual dinner out with my wife we thoroughly enjoyed the petit sirloin (wife), perfectly cooked, very tender with the awesome chef's butter on top. I had the ribs and, as usual, they are fall off the bone tender. The loaded baked potato and cole slaw are excellent. We always end our dinner there sharing a slice of their amazing warm carrot cake, served with coffee. When we consider where to eat out (which we do a lot), almost every time we come back to J. Alexanders. Can't go wrong at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for business dinnerLexieDined on 8/19/2014Great place for having a casual business dinner for groups of people. Food is excellent, fast service, friendly staff. While overall we were happy with our experience and service, I wanted to point out that the waitress was a little too fast. We were served our salads and before we could finish them, she was bringing out our entres. The table was too small to hold all the dishes, so we had to hold our salads in our laps to allow her to put the entres on the table. It would have been much better for her to have offered to put them in a warmer until we finished our salad. Overall a good experience, would recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointed in foodAdeleDined on 8/16/2014My husband ans i were Very disappointed in my entrée and side dish choices. We tried j. Alexander's as something special and different from our usual restaraunt choices. We've decided to stick with our usual places.Special Features:
- Overcooked steakDineNoutDined on 8/15/2014I ordered Filet mignon cooked medium and it was prepared mostly well done, part of it medium well. The next steak prepared came out mostly rare to medium rare. The second steak which I cut in half was cooked on the third side, which caused that side to be overcooked. I never cooked a steak on three sides, only the top and bottom; cook could use a lesson. Everything else, salad, dessert, side dishes, was wonderful. The manager took the charge off the bill, but the experience ruined the evening. I will never order the steak again from there, the Ahi Tuna was great and prepared right a previous experience.Special Features:
- ExcellentSuperbDined on 8/15/2014Food was excellent, as always. And you can't get better service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WaitresswillBbackDined on 8/12/2014We were fortunate. Ours was professional, charming and took action when the opportunity arose. The broccoli wasn't very good, we didn't make a big thing out of it - partly because the remaining meal was very good, but "M" fixed it without prompting. Quick response by management. You could see they were also paying attention to guests. You don't walk away hungry from this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerSolsticeDined on 8/10/2014The experience was excellent. The service sets this place apart.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ConsistentFancyVIPDined on 8/9/2014J. Alexander's can always be counted on for consistent good food, service and attractive surroundings. I will continue to be disappointed in the lack of availability of wines by the glass with the volume of good wines available by the bottle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Swift serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/8/2014Good food but last few visits the servers rush you. Can't just relax and enjoy your visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent mealFoodie44Dined on 8/6/2014Enjoyed my time there great food but expensive for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Fabulous!LienVIPDined on 8/5/2014The food and service are always fabulous here! :) I have my favorite dish almost every time. I have always been deliciously satisfied with it! Occasionally, I may try something else. I have always had positive experiences with the food and service.Special Features:
- Good business lunch.tbltopDined on 8/5/2014This visit was a business lunch with a medium sized group. The food was good plus and the service was excellent. I found that a group larger than 4 might be tight on space even with a reservation; so, I might think twice about bringing a larger group in the future. The atmosphere is sophisticated but not stuffy- and the location is great too. For a family, you can get away with one or two children. Enjoyable place.Special Features:
- One of our favorites!BHolbrookJax7Dined on 8/2/2014We are regulars of J Alexander's, usually dining there two times per month. The bartenders are the best in town and the drinks spectacular for the price. Food is always consistent and service is very good; last Saturday night was no exception. It continues to be one of our favorite places to dine considering what you get for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service!tin10Dined on 8/1/2014Everyone was great, from the hostess to our waiter, and everyone in between. Just a great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the best valueJamesDined on 7/26/2014The food was good, but not superb. Over priced for what you get. Service was very good. Mac and cheese was very yummy, kind of sweet.Special Features:
- Prime ribYmas289Dined on 7/24/2014Their prime rib remains, hands down, one of the best in the area. I would love to see a gluten free or even friendly menu and to ring back the amazing service....it's gone downhill a lot these past few years.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/22/2014We were unable to go to J. Alexander due to a power outage at the towncenter.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Snake Did ItPerdieDined on 7/22/2014UNFORTUNATELY, 359 businesses lost power at 7:15. Our food had been delivered, it was great. Server perfect, attentive. But when the restaurant lost power the grill fans also went down, it became seriously smoky. A snake had invaded the pipes in a huge JEA transformer. This was NOT JAlexander's fault. We will definitely be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently great food and serviceDinejax78Dined on 7/20/2014Great food and service. They always double check on you. Also your drink never goes less than half full and always happy to recommend extras. Great place for lunch or dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Experience!PrettyhotplaceDined on 7/19/2014I loved the fact that everyone paid close attention to details for my Anniversary! Completely made my day very special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice for Casual DinnerEatoutoftenDined on 7/19/2014Nice for Casual Dinner, but getting expensive. price point is between casual and higher end dining, but food is definitely not higher end...don't sit outside at the Jacksonville Town Center location unless you like the smell of smoke, all the smokers stand right next to the outdoor dining area, restaurant management wouldn't do anything about it...really disappoint us and ruined our evening.. if you get cold, take a sweater or sweat shirt...the inside dining is kept somewhere between freezer and refrigerator temperature...I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Their Prime Rib SandwichesSandraDined on 7/19/2014I like the fact that I can call and make a reservation, so I know when I get there I don't have to wait. A table is ready and waiting for me and that really means a lot. In addition to the fact that they have a plethora of items on their menu from which to choose and the food is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent Good Food and ServiceFancyVIPDined on 7/19/2014J. Alexander's can be counted on for good food and service. As a part of the finest shopping complex in the city, reservations are recommended for weekend dinners. The menu has something for everyone. The warm carrot cake is is a must have for dessert lovers!Special Features:
- AwesomeGr8dineDined on 7/17/2014Another awesome dining experience. Excellent food and service. Looking forward to another visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Timing Can Spoil A MealBrendaVIPDined on 7/13/2014The pre-course choice of dining partners: one ordered soup, the other ordered a salad. Soup was delivered hot a full five minutes sans the other diner's salad. Upon the salad's arrival, a heated soup was requested. Once both were served, each were much enjoyed. The main entrée was timely served to both partners. The one diner's side dish of garlic mashed potatoes was nearer room temp than hot while the prime rib was superbly prepared. The other diner was too provoked at an empty restaurant with a four star rating and poor kitchen judgment to comment. Perhaps another time...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JunebugDined on 7/12/2014everything was great from the service to the food.Special Features:
- Foods good only problem one problemOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/12/2014Ordered loaded baked potatoe without sour cream came with sour cream. Salad is always great. No extras served bread. We have had better meals there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great way to celebrate a milestoneCelebrating55Dined on 7/11/2014I was recommended to try it by a trusted friend who understands my defined pallet. I was not disappointed and was thrilled when the dessert arrived. The food was deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.