J. Alexander's - Dunwoody
4701 Ashford Dunwoody Rd
Atlanta, GA 30338Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
J. Alexander's - Dunwoody
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.jalexanders.com/
- Phone: 7705120153x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Brunch on Sundays: 10:00am-2:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from J. Alexander's - Dunwoody
J. Alexander’s is a contemporary American restaurant, known for its wood-fired cuisine. Our core philosophy is to provide you with the highest possible quality dining experience. The menu features a wide selection of American classics including prime rib of beef, steaks, fresh seafood, sandwiches… and entrée salads. The menu in each restaurant includes a varied and rotating selection of features like Seafood Czarina, Tuscan Steak, Grilled Fish with Mango Papaya Salsa and Chicken Milanese. The restaurant has a full-service bar that includes an outstanding selection of wines both by the glass and bottle.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
J. Alexander's - Dunwoody reviews from OpenTable diners
119 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (50)special occasion (45)fit for foodies (45)neighborhood gem (41)good for groups (36)romantic (34)kid-friendly (18)great for brunch (16)notable wine list (15)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (7)hot spot (6)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- mealgetcatVIPDined on 10/18/2014The first part of the meal the spinach salad was wrong and my friends steak was old meat. The executive chef Eleke came to our table and made sure we had more food than we could eat that was wonderful. Manager came to table also. Outstanding customer service. The only hesitation i would have in going back is the restaurant is it was extremely coldSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place for meeting friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014The wait staff was wonderful, very friendly and helpful. Though I stuck with a safe food choice the for my main course, I thoroughly enjoyed the appetizer Magherita flat bread pizza. the desserts were also healthy portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch was just okLuv2dineDined on 10/12/2014We had visited other J Alexander's so perhaps our experience was colored by that. They had run out of waffles by 11:30 for Sunday brunch. We specifically came for waffles and brunch. One member of our party ordered salmon which was excellent. The other brunch options were nothing to write home about. Our server appeared and demanded an order without giving any lay of the land or background on the restaraunt. She presented options only when we asked questions. I suggest go for dinner. Skip Sunday brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!ladysDined on 10/11/2014Went with my husband celebrating our 19th Anniversary. Everything was excellent! Service, food, etc. Really enjoyed the roasted root vegetables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Feeling rushedhurriedVIPDined on 10/11/2014We were handed the menu and immediately asked if we wanted an appetizer - before we had a chance to look at the menu. Split a bottle of wine; pours were very large - felt like hurry up and drink so we can flip this table. Food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Date Night with your ManNiceViewDined on 10/9/2014I enjoyed my man view, he really enjoyed his steak. I had the chicken it was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Initial Service POORDesiPeachDined on 10/2/2014J.Alexander's sends a server to your table to take your drink order so you don't wait long for your drinks. This server is not the person taking your food order. Good concept but POOR execution. As soon as I was seated (and I mean as soon as I was sitting), the drink server showed up to take our order. My guest and I didn't even have a chance to look at the specialty cocktails and wine list. We asked the server to give us a few minutes. The drink server never came back to our table. Ten minutes later our regular server greeted us and finally took our drink order. Bad start to a mediocre meal.
- Very good as alwaysTerryVIPDined on 9/25/2014My wife and I treated my brother and wife for their anniversary. All was very good- drink, food, & service. Would certainly recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very nicefoodiefromchicagoDined on 9/25/2014The food was amazing. Only trouble we had was I didn't get the correct meal that I ordered, they offered to correct but I didn't want to wait for another 15 mins while the rest of my group was eating. Beware there is pork in the beans and riceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PhenomenalGIMAQTDined on 9/24/2014I'm never disappointed at this location! The ambiance and the food is great! Tried the steamed broccoli and fell in loveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great GemmarianneDined on 9/18/2014This was a last minute decision and a great choice. The food was great as usual and the atmosphere was perfect for our group. There a couple of newbies in my group and all completely enjoyed the experience. I will continue to recommend this place for those that live in the area and need a great dining option. Since my first experience in Memphis with this restaurant, I have always had a great experience and that has been over 10 years ago. Thanks for the consistency!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My new favorite restaurantATLFoodie01Dined on 9/17/2014I loved this place! The service was stellar and the food delicious. The prices are reasonable considering the high quality of the food and the size of the portions. Loved the open kitchen aspect; nice to be able to peek around and see what's going on. And that hardwood grill smell that hits you as soon as you get out of the car is the best appetizer :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdaygirlsDined on 9/14/2014We celebrated my daughters birthday and out server was outstanding. We had a combination of the specility salads and steak and everything was delicious.Special Features:
- As usual excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2014This is a gem of restuarant. Has a midtown atomsphere without the commute. It has contemporary elegance with service that some of the midtown restaurants lack for sure. I can tell you that the food is always excellent and the quality above standards. What I like is how the staff works as a team, so no one is ever busy to help someone out such as dropping of a refill or dish or anything else. This is my favorite restaurant.Special Features:
- Great Lunch SpotLuv2xdineVIPDined on 9/13/2014Great food, great service, a real winner. Employees are really glad to see you on return visits. Pricing for top quality food is a bargain compared to other restaurants in this price category. Emily is an excellent server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely eveningDebbieMDined on 9/6/2014Although my husband and I had been there before, our friends had not. What a pleasant experience. Made a reservation online. We were seated immediately, by a smiling hostess. Server showed up within minutes. He, Turner, was excellent. The roasted artichoke appetizer, finger licking good! Each of us had a different enter, everyone was delicious! Sadly, no room for dessert, this time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite local restaurantAtlanta4BusinessVIPDined on 8/31/2014As always, the food was great as expected. Ambiance is very good, a comfortable enjoyable dinner which we frequent at least once a month. However, service was shockingly bad. Our waitress Cheryl took forever to "stop by". The rest of the J Alexanders staff took up for her slack, but it was very disappointing that it would take so long to actually stop by to take our dinner order. Not what we normally expect from this place. Follow-up was also a mystery. We are hoping she was just having a bad day, but this was very unusual for this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great surprise.JH23Dined on 8/30/2014My wife and I, two teenagers, and nine year old, dined at J. Alexander's in Dunwoody for dinner. We were pleasantly surprised. The service from the minute we walked in the door was excellent and welcoming. Our drinks and appetizers were brought quickly -- and the food was hot. That remained the case throughout dinner -- great service and hot, fresh food. From the new york strip to the kids chicken fingers to the french dip sandwich to the celantro shrimp to the veggie burger, and the spinach cheese dip appetizer, the food was enjoyed by everyone. Great night. Great food. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went twice in 4 days!Kat2427VIPDined on 8/28/2014We ate at J. Alexander's for the first time on a Tuesday night and went back on Thursday and ordered the exact same meal. We have not had prime rib in probably 20 years, but decided to try it. WOW...it was terrific. My tenderloin with Béarnaise sauce was very good, as usual, but the prime rib was to die for! The fries dipped in Béarnaise were great also. We rarely order dessert, but decided the carrot cake served warm sounded good. It wasn't just good; it was awesome! I usually will have one or two bites, but I had my full share both nights. We will look forward to going back the next time we are in Atlanta for sure.
- Fast service, good foodroseroseVIPDined on 8/22/2014My co-worker and I wanted to grab a quick meal. The service was outstanding. I ordered the steak tacos. While the steak in one of the tacos was a little fatty, there were still very flavorful. The server was very attentive!Special Features:
- too expensive for lunch!rebelDined on 8/22/2014Its ridiculous to charge $2.95 for sweet tea, coffee and milk! And $18 for a prime rib sandwich!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent choiceDahVahnDined on 8/18/2014I decided to go to J. Alexsnder's for my birthday dinner with a small group of friend. There was excellent service and friendly staff. The food was of quality and delicious! I will defintely be going back there soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyed birthday dinner!MelleoDined on 8/17/2014When I go here and look at the menu I see lots of things that look good but can't get past ordering filet. It is delicious and prepared just the way I like it. Love the salad too.Special Features:
- Mr. FranklinMrFranklinDined on 8/14/2014Phenomenal experience as always. I had a great time. It was my birthday. On another note. With the amount of my bill and I only had a party of two and it was my birthday I believe a slice of carrot cake and candle should be priority for the birthday guess. Although I ordered it because you don't serve cake per say. Just a thought of the small ways J Alexander could brighten someone's birthday. We all done there have a structured bavkground per say but we all like to roll our sleeves up and take off the tie and have a little fun and laughter so a lil birthday medium volume song from the waitress or waiter would bring a tad bit life to J Alexander.. That's just my perspective. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/14/2014The service was excellent and the food portions generous. A great lunch spot.Special Features:
- Love it always!CoolcryDined on 8/8/2014Never a bad time here! Grown up American food. They do well with honoring reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectCupcakeDined on 8/8/2014Good good. Good atmosphere. Good service. You can't go wrong!Special Features:
- Great experience! Friendly staff.BirthdayGirl45Dined on 8/6/2014Had a great experience. The food was delicious and the service was outstanding. I will return and recommend others as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/4/2014J Alexander is an excellent place to eat. I enjoyed the food. I like everything about it. Even the lady's room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Disappointedfood4thefoodieDined on 8/4/2014I came here for lunch with some friends. The service and food were superb. I ordered the Caesar Salad w/ Smoked Salmon and it was amazing. You must also try their mac & cheese and carrot cake! The servers are extremely professional and accommodating!Special Features:
- Fantastic SpotliftandeatDined on 8/3/2014Our server was extremely helpful and attentive. The appetizer, entrees and wine were all delicious. Great location to spend an evening with a date, family or friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dip is amazingSya1Dined on 8/1/2014Steak was perfect and the salmon dip is f ing amazingSpecial Features:
- Surprisingly disappointing;(1952langleyDined on 7/28/2014Fish (Cajun trout ) and Grouper was dry. Steak and chicken ok. Trainee needed more supervision. Birthday but they do nothing! Took out of town guests and was sorry I didn't go elsewhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistentJimmyVIPDined on 7/25/2014Cody and Natalie took great care of us as always. It was just a quick dinner with a couple glasses of wine. Very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I Like Norcross Location BetterJamesDined on 7/23/2014We've been to the Norcross location a number of times. This was our first trip to Perimeter. The food quality was not up to the level we are accustomed to. I ordered the Prime Rib medium.. they brought out a rare/mid rare piece they soaked in au jus to make it look less rare. I remember this trick from when I worked at Outback many years ago.. pretty disappointing for a restaurant of this caliber. My fiancee got the seabass and shrimp special and it was thoroughly disappointing. We've never been let down by the food at J Alexanders. In the future we will stick to the Norcross location.
- Great Times!RomanticEveningDined on 7/19/2014My husband and I wanted to enjoy a romantic night on the town and this place was just the right fit for dinner. I have visted J Alexander several times before and every time I have had an GREAT experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- J. Alexander'sMPOTVIPDined on 7/18/2014Food was ok. Rib eye was tough and on flavorable. The manager came by and pointed at it and said that is how it's supposed to be. We asked, tough and no flavor? I He said its correct.
- Great food and servicefoodconossieur15Dined on 7/17/2014I had a wonderful experience at J. Alexander's. The food was great and exceeded my expectationsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed the ambiance and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/16/2014If you like good service, then this is your premiere spot. The service was amazing. I enjoyed the meal and ambiance as well. Good Job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent Over Many YearsDealmakerVIPDined on 7/16/2014One can always be sure that you will have a good meal and good service at J.Alexanders. Only drawback is that they do not have very many actual tables, but allot of booths.Booths are not great for large people.Special Features: