J. Alexander's - Denver
9709 E. County Line Rd
Englewood, CO 80112Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
J. Alexander's - Denver
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.jalexanders.com/
- Phone: 3037088432
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Bruce Gallagher
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from J. Alexander's - Denver
J. Alexander’s is a contemporary American restaurant, known for its wood-fired cuisine. Our core philosophy is to provide you with the highest possible quality dining experience. The menu features a wide selection of American classics including prime rib of beef, steaks, fresh seafood, sandwiches and entrée salads. The menu in each restaurant includes a varied and rotating selection of features like Seafood Czarina, Tuscan Steak, Grilled Fish with Mango Papaya Salsa and Chicken Milanese. The restaurant has a full-service bar that includes an outstanding selection of wines both by the glass and bottleContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
J. Alexander's - Denver reviews from OpenTable diners
123 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (56)great for lunch (42)romantic (37)fit for foodies (36)good for groups (31)neighborhood gem (30)notable wine list (21)vibrant bar scene (17)hot spot (14)great for outdoor dining (12)kid-friendly (12)great for brunch (9)late-night find (5)scenic view (3)Show More
- Under cookedUndercookedDined on 10/17/2014Both the tuna and filet were ordered medium and they were both as rare as rare gets.Special Features:
- Good, consistent food.RR1234Dined on 10/17/2014Good consistent food, Good price point for the fare offered. Much more than the chains such as Appleby's but not Del FriscosSpecial Features:
- great experienceGoesoutoccasionallyDined on 10/17/2014We went as a group. The service was efficient and not pushy to leave quickly. The food was good nice size portions.Special Features:
- Great ambiance and foodRio06Dined on 10/14/2014Went to J Alexander's to celebrate our 14th anniversary. The pork medallions were awesome with mashed potatoes. My wife enjoyed the filet mignon and mac n cheese. Chocolate cake and ice cream for dessert. Great stuff in a quiet setting. Definitely recommend and will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeHDRCDined on 10/13/2014This was our first time here after hearing about it for years from friends. We finally tried it and we were SO disappointed we hadn't been here years ago! The artichokes are amazing. My husband's steak was cooked perfectly and he is super picky. I had the rattlesnake pasta and it was terrific. I would highly recommend this restaurant and can't wait to go back again!Special Features:
- Excellent choicesjmoyn0424Dined on 10/11/2014My wife and I both enjoyed our dinners and the service (Bailey) was great.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014My Wife and I both ordered from evening special menu, she had halibut and I had a rib eye steak. The halibut was over done and she sent it back, she refuse a replacement and the management deducted it from the bill. My steak was tough and done med, I ordered med rare. We have eaten at Alexander's several time always having the prime rib. Our return is in doubt.Special Features:
- Birthday dinner was great.wyrdocDined on 10/2/2014Went to J Alexander's to celebrate my daughter's birthday. The food and service were outstanding. And the birthday carrot cake was scruptuous.Special Features:
- JackieVIPDined on 9/28/2014The salmon was excellent along with the prime rib. The free mimosa was flat and warm. The Mac and cheese was not good this time nor was the burger.Special Features:
- Never misses!RestaurantfanDined on 9/27/2014The waitstaff here is tops! They are happy to accommodate any request. The food is amazing. The atmosphere is good also. You aren't packed in like sardines and you have a good sense of privacy. The wine list is good and cocktails are made perfectly. One of my favorite restaurants in metro Denver!Special Features:
- Always goodMilesOutWestVIPDined on 9/24/2014We have been going to this restaurant for many years. A couple of the "must haves" for us each visit are the fire roasted artichokes and the carrot cake. Best we have had anywhere.Special Features:
- Awesome dining experiencenightout4miaDined on 9/23/2014My first experience at J. Alexander's was a dinner to determine if the restaurant would be a good fit for an upcoming team meeting. The service, food and atmosphere were all terrific. Two weeks later, my team enjoyed the same experience!Special Features:
- TheaterLoverVIPDined on 9/21/2014After forgetting that J Alexander's was there, went back. Met good friends, had good food, had great service. Went back the next day for lunch, will go back again. If you don't like booths this may not be your favorite, but the food was soooo tasty.Special Features:
- Great experienceCarolDined on 9/14/2014Went there for grandson's birthday because, "they have the best burgers ever!" Service was excellent and so weas the experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/13/2014We enjoyed the restaurant, we had a nice quiet table and the food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Time!LuvgoodeatsDined on 9/11/2014I make my reservation the same day as my dinner date. Set up was easy. Upon arrival my table was reserved with my name on it. The service was great. Because this was my first time at the restaurant the waitress bought out a complimentary slice of carrot cake (one of their house specialties). This was a very nice touch. By the way, the cake was one of the best carrot cake's I’ve ever tasted. Definitely worth checking out!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just averageAACCDined on 9/11/2014We dined at this restaurant a year ago with the exact same people. We all thought the evening was just average. Nothing food, nothing bad.Special Features:
- Dead as a doornailMarriedToAGoodCookVIPDined on 9/7/2014At 7 o'clock in the evening, this restaurant was as dead as a door nail. There was one other table of guests, and they didn't seem to make any effort to accommodate people that are gluten-free. We had requested a table at the side of the room, and we were seated clear in the middle of the restaurant, even though the place was empty. This is not somewhere that were likely to go back to.
- Horrible Service.ScottDined on 9/5/2014We may have had the worst, most impersonal server we have ever had at a finer restaurant. Food was under cooked and our server never acknowledged the issue.
- Great as usualWillyzDined on 8/31/2014Always a favorite place! Prime rib sandwich is outstanding.Special Features:
- Great meal!ScottGDined on 8/23/2014We enjoyed yet another experience at J. Alexander's. Everything we have had has been very tasty. My wife likes her steak well done and while it came out with some pink, the cooked it more and it was not charred, which is very difficult to do. Loved the food, the philly steak eggrolls and the key lime pie were to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceIlovesteakDined on 8/22/2014We always love going to J. Alexander's, this visit was no exception. My Prime Rib and my wife's Filet Mignon were perfectly prepared and very flavorful. Also, don't miss the "Not Your Ordinary Mac n Cheese." We also love eating here because it is the perfect balance of being more formal than a standard chain without the stuffiness of a steakhouse. And, the service is always great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fast and goodRaymondDined on 8/22/2014good food fast service. It was a good great service an awesome for lunchSpecial Features:
- Great AlternativeeatoutalotVIPDined on 8/17/2014This spot is a great alternative to high end steakhouses. The atmosphere is dark, clubby, lots of booths. But the menu isn't all steak...there are burgers, excellent salads and other options. Staff is very efficient and friendly. We've never been disappointed here by any aspect of the experience. Make a reservation...the place can get packed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/14/2014My wife and I went here for our anniversary!! Great food and drinks.. The staff and service was amazing!! Great wine and local beer list to choose from!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SingramVIPDined on 8/14/2014The team here is always so friendly and the food is consistently great. Le Ann is just delightful!Special Features:
- J. Alexander's- must experienceBCD2831Dined on 8/14/2014I highly recommend eating at J. Alexander's. The service was fantastic. Rather than filling up my drink, I was brought a fresh glass to ensure my drink was not watered down. He food was phenomenal. It is a higher priced restaurant but well worth the money spent.Special Features:
- consistentaliciaDined on 8/8/2014Leigh Ann is an excellent server. Food was great. We had a baby with us and they put us at a perfect table... but also next to a large and very loud group celebrating something. We would've asked to move but we'd already waited 20 mins past our reso time...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing First ExperiencehierovisionDined on 8/7/2014This was my first dining experience at J. Alexander's, and I will be dining there whenever possible in the future. Ikea is in the same shopping area, so that will likely mean about twice a year. I had the Ahi Tuna Steak and my friend had the Grilled Scottish Salmon, and while I didn't try her food, she said it was excellent. The Ahi tuna was seared nicely and the spice combination was phenomenal. On top of those flavors, the wasabi mayonnaise added a nicely complementary flavor in small amounts. I loved it, and I can't wait to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Prime Rib SandwichesHodgesdDined on 8/7/2014My guest and I both ordered a version of the prime rib sandwich. They were delicious! My only comment is that the bread was a little on the big, crusty and dry side, which I don't prefer. The explanation for that is that maybe it needed to be that way to handle all the au jus. Regardless, both my guest and I ditched about 1/3 of the bun and carried on our merry way. Side note: Finding this place was more difficult than I thought it would be. They're right next to Rock Bottom.Special Features:
- Epic Quality and ServiceDenverNativeDined on 8/4/2014Having moved to Highlands Ranch in 2004, one of the first restaurants that I had the pleasure to visit was J.Alexander's. I continue to return on a regular basis for the two reasons listed above. Year after year, meal after meal, this restaurant has always managed to make me glad about my choice to visit them. Their wait staff is top-notch, food quality unsurpassed, and the menu and specials selections are extensive. Do yourself a favor and visit this restaurant....you'll be glad that you did.Special Features:
- Great Prime-RibMandie22Dined on 8/2/2014If you want an excellent Prime-rib go here. Instead of the mashed potatoes get the NYO Mac n Cheese. I love J. Alexander's. We try to go here at least monthly if not at least every other month. I was not too happy with the waitress this time around because she did seem very friendly nor visited our table as much they normally do asking how everything was going. If you go, ask to be seating in LeAnn's section. She one of their best waitresses there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Double checkInspiredDined on 8/1/2014We ate there for dinner and the server got 1 out of the 4 orders wrong. The kitchen took forever to remake my meal, and my friends were insisting on waiting for my meal to arrive before they ate theirs. By the time my meal came theirs was cold. The evening was a bust.Special Features:
- Special DiningVVWDAWVIPDined on 7/31/2014We like J Alexanders for a special dinner. It's a good place to go for a steak that doesn't cost you and arm-and-a-leg, and it actually comes with a side item like mashed or baked potatoes. But best of all is their baby back ribs. They are the best anywhere! The atmosphere is nice with dark wood and low lighting. And the service is always friendly and efficient. Their menu also offers some sandwiches and other entrees. The noise level is rather high, but you are still able to converse with the people at your table without having to yell. Overall, it's a great restaurant.Special Features:
- 28th AnniversarymarcuscaryDined on 7/26/2014My wife and I decided to dine at the restaurant for our anniversary, I wrote that it was our anniversary when I booked the reservation. Nobody acknowledged our special day. Overall everything went well, food was hot or cold appropriately. Server tried so hard to interact with a timely joke or story when we really only wanted or needed each others company.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodBuffDined on 7/18/2014We have eaten at J. Alexander's on numerous occasions, and we have never had bad food, nor bad service. We don't live in the area, so when we go in that direction, we always stop or lunch or dinner.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014Always very good food, great service. Use alot for business dinners and lunchesSpecial Features:
- Outstanding FoodFrankVIPDined on 7/13/2014Wood Fired Artichoke appetizer was awesome. Enjoyed a great creative entree salad called the Thai Kai that was outstanding! Nice contemporary styling with dark woods and low lighting create the perfect ambience. Love J. Alexander'sSpecial Features:
- ServiceBebacksoonDined on 7/12/2014The service at J alexanders was outstanding! Our waiter Daniel was one of the very best waiters I have ever had. Being in the service industry myself I was very impressed with his person ability and customer service! We will definitley return to this restaurant and request him as our sever! Great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible Restaurant!Lisaloves2dineVIPDined on 7/5/2014The food is amazingly good! Try the Steak Maui, you will not regret it! It's the best steak I've ever had. Also go for the Mac-n-Cheese, to die for! J. Alexander's is my favorite restaurant in Denver- hands down the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.