J. Alexander's - Denver
9709 E. County Line Rd
Englewood, CO 80112Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
J. Alexander's - Denver
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.jalexanders.com/
- Phone: 3037088432
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Bruce Gallagher
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from J. Alexander's - Denver
J. Alexander’s is a contemporary American restaurant, known for its wood-fired cuisine. Our core philosophy is to provide you with the highest possible quality dining experience. The menu features a wide selection of American classics including prime rib of beef, steaks, fresh seafood, sandwiches and entrée salads. The menu in each restaurant includes a varied and rotating selection of features like Seafood Czarina, Tuscan Steak, Grilled Fish with Mango Papaya Salsa and Chicken Milanese. The restaurant has a full-service bar that includes an outstanding selection of wines both by the glass and bottleContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
J. Alexander's - Denver reviews from OpenTable diners
139 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (69)great for lunch (46)fit for foodies (38)romantic (36)neighborhood gem (29)good for groups (28)notable wine list (23)hot spot (18)vibrant bar scene (16)great for outdoor dining (15)kid-friendly (12)great for brunch (7)late-night find (6)scenic view (3)Show More
- Great meal!ScottGDined on 8/23/2014We enjoyed yet another experience at J. Alexander's. Everything we have had has been very tasty. My wife likes her steak well done and while it came out with some pink, the cooked it more and it was not charred, which is very difficult to do. Loved the food, the philly steak eggrolls and the key lime pie were to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceIlovesteakDined on 8/22/2014We always love going to J. Alexander's, this visit was no exception. My Prime Rib and my wife's Filet Mignon were perfectly prepared and very flavorful. Also, don't miss the "Not Your Ordinary Mac n Cheese." We also love eating here because it is the perfect balance of being more formal than a standard chain without the stuffiness of a steakhouse. And, the service is always great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fast and goodRaymondDined on 8/22/2014good food fast service. It was a good great service an awesome for lunchSpecial Features:
- Great AlternativeeatoutalotVIPDined on 8/17/2014This spot is a great alternative to high end steakhouses. The atmosphere is dark, clubby, lots of booths. But the menu isn't all steak...there are burgers, excellent salads and other options. Staff is very efficient and friendly. We've never been disappointed here by any aspect of the experience. Make a reservation...the place can get packed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/14/2014My wife and I went here for our anniversary!! Great food and drinks.. The staff and service was amazing!! Great wine and local beer list to choose from!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SingramVIPDined on 8/14/2014The team here is always so friendly and the food is consistently great. Le Ann is just delightful!Special Features:
- J. Alexander's- must experienceBCD2831Dined on 8/14/2014I highly recommend eating at J. Alexander's. The service was fantastic. Rather than filling up my drink, I was brought a fresh glass to ensure my drink was not watered down. He food was phenomenal. It is a higher priced restaurant but well worth the money spent.Special Features:
- consistentaliciaDined on 8/8/2014Leigh Ann is an excellent server. Food was great. We had a baby with us and they put us at a perfect table... but also next to a large and very loud group celebrating something. We would've asked to move but we'd already waited 20 mins past our reso time...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing First ExperiencehierovisionDined on 8/7/2014This was my first dining experience at J. Alexander's, and I will be dining there whenever possible in the future. Ikea is in the same shopping area, so that will likely mean about twice a year. I had the Ahi Tuna Steak and my friend had the Grilled Scottish Salmon, and while I didn't try her food, she said it was excellent. The Ahi tuna was seared nicely and the spice combination was phenomenal. On top of those flavors, the wasabi mayonnaise added a nicely complementary flavor in small amounts. I loved it, and I can't wait to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Prime Rib SandwichesHodgesdDined on 8/7/2014My guest and I both ordered a version of the prime rib sandwich. They were delicious! My only comment is that the bread was a little on the big, crusty and dry side, which I don't prefer. The explanation for that is that maybe it needed to be that way to handle all the au jus. Regardless, both my guest and I ditched about 1/3 of the bun and carried on our merry way. Side note: Finding this place was more difficult than I thought it would be. They're right next to Rock Bottom.Special Features:
- Epic Quality and ServiceDenverNativeDined on 8/4/2014Having moved to Highlands Ranch in 2004, one of the first restaurants that I had the pleasure to visit was J.Alexander's. I continue to return on a regular basis for the two reasons listed above. Year after year, meal after meal, this restaurant has always managed to make me glad about my choice to visit them. Their wait staff is top-notch, food quality unsurpassed, and the menu and specials selections are extensive. Do yourself a favor and visit this restaurant....you'll be glad that you did.Special Features:
- Great Prime-RibMandie22Dined on 8/2/2014If you want an excellent Prime-rib go here. Instead of the mashed potatoes get the NYO Mac n Cheese. I love J. Alexander's. We try to go here at least monthly if not at least every other month. I was not too happy with the waitress this time around because she did seem very friendly nor visited our table as much they normally do asking how everything was going. If you go, ask to be seating in LeAnn's section. She one of their best waitresses there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Double checkInspiredDined on 8/1/2014We ate there for dinner and the server got 1 out of the 4 orders wrong. The kitchen took forever to remake my meal, and my friends were insisting on waiting for my meal to arrive before they ate theirs. By the time my meal came theirs was cold. The evening was a bust.Special Features:
- Special DiningVVWDAWVIPDined on 7/31/2014We like J Alexanders for a special dinner. It's a good place to go for a steak that doesn't cost you and arm-and-a-leg, and it actually comes with a side item like mashed or baked potatoes. But best of all is their baby back ribs. They are the best anywhere! The atmosphere is nice with dark wood and low lighting. And the service is always friendly and efficient. Their menu also offers some sandwiches and other entrees. The noise level is rather high, but you are still able to converse with the people at your table without having to yell. Overall, it's a great restaurant.Special Features:
- 28th AnniversarymarcuscaryDined on 7/26/2014My wife and I decided to dine at the restaurant for our anniversary, I wrote that it was our anniversary when I booked the reservation. Nobody acknowledged our special day. Overall everything went well, food was hot or cold appropriately. Server tried so hard to interact with a timely joke or story when we really only wanted or needed each others company.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodBuffDined on 7/18/2014We have eaten at J. Alexander's on numerous occasions, and we have never had bad food, nor bad service. We don't live in the area, so when we go in that direction, we always stop or lunch or dinner.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014Always very good food, great service. Use alot for business dinners and lunchesSpecial Features:
- Outstanding FoodFrankVIPDined on 7/13/2014Wood Fired Artichoke appetizer was awesome. Enjoyed a great creative entree salad called the Thai Kai that was outstanding! Nice contemporary styling with dark woods and low lighting create the perfect ambience. Love J. Alexander'sSpecial Features:
- ServiceBebacksoonDined on 7/12/2014The service at J alexanders was outstanding! Our waiter Daniel was one of the very best waiters I have ever had. Being in the service industry myself I was very impressed with his person ability and customer service! We will definitley return to this restaurant and request him as our sever! Great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible Restaurant!Lisaloves2dineDined on 7/5/2014The food is amazingly good! Try the Steak Maui, you will not regret it! It's the best steak I've ever had. Also go for the Mac-n-Cheese, to die for! J. Alexander's is my favorite restaurant in Denver- hands down the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite restaurant...AlwaysEatingOutVIPDined on 7/5/2014J. Alexander's is a great alternative to your high-end steak restaurants, like Ruth Chris, Del Frisco's and Flemings. The latter three are all excellent, but we find the food and service at J. Alexander's as good for significantly less. The food is always perfect, and in the rare occasion the steak doesn't come out exactly right, they always make it right! It's our favorite restaurant for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best everGerryDined on 7/5/2014We're "semi-regulars" and haven't had a bad experience. But Saturday night was the best ever. Our waiter Daniel was fantastic. He was very attentive, but not overly so. He asked if ther was a "special occasion?" We said yes our 9th anniversary. Well before we knew it we were treated with a glass of Champagne. We also got a piece of their special carrot cake. Wow, was it wonderful - the BEST we've ever had. The only negative part of the night was my ribeye which was not done as specified. I ordered med. rare, but got a med. I did not send it back as I did not want to disrupt the flow of dinner. I did not let this take away from a very otherwise great dinner.Special Features:
- Manager Sean took care of usDaleMDined on 7/5/2014Really enjoyed the dinner at JAs. Nice atmosphere, great steak and martini. Great and courteous wait staff. Quick and friendly . had a wonderful time. Will definitely come backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerDateNightMommaDined on 6/29/2014The food was amazing! I had a Filet and my husband had the Ahi sashimi style and Loved it! We will definitely be back for a date night! Oh and the chocolate cake is fudgy goodness served warm with vanilla blue bell ice cream! Sooooo delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Particularly Customer-FriendlyDFDenDined on 6/28/2014J. Alexander's has been a go-to place for us for the occasional nicer-than-usual dinner but our most recent experience may change that opinion. The food was ok, not stellar. However, the service was definitely lacking. Our reservations had a special request for seating at a table specifically noted, as one person was in a wheelchair. The host first tried to seat us at a booth, where the wheelchair wouldn't fit. After asking to be moved to a table, we were told rudely that one was available, but it was needed for another party an hour later, we would need to be finished by then. We were seated, and our waiter then rushed us through our meal, dropping off the check before serving dessert. All this while four tables beside us were empty.Special Features:
- great dinner at J Alexander'ssfrogDined on 6/26/20141st visit---group of 6----Great food.....esp. the grilled artichokes which were worth the visit by themselves.....nice wine list....nice variety on the menu....great server.....willing to make accommodations for people's food allergies....willing to change reservation time when someone's plane was late......eager to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice couples dinnerChristyJoDined on 6/25/2014We had a nice dinner with another couple. Reagan helped us wiht selections and was very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Secondwinder64Secondwinder64Dined on 6/25/2014Great for lunch meetings. Food is very good and service is excellent. The patio is also a great spot for beer after work meetings.Special Features:
- Always goodHotairkatDined on 6/18/2014Love the service and the food. Great wine selection too. A bit noisy and cold the day I was there so moved outside and it was perfect.Special Features:
- Dinner with the bossOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/17/2014I cannot rave enough about the food both presentation and taste. Absolutely great. Unfortunately a dinner with my new boss turned in to a shouting match due to a nearby group that were exceptionally loud and drunk. Unfortunately the management did not contact the group to ask them to be quiet so the noise level was intolerable. Our server was good but she seemed in a hurry and by the time our dinner arrived she wasn't anywhere to be found.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's day dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/15/2014I took my dad and my mom over there. My dad enjoyed a steak, it was on par with a steakhouse. My mom got halibut, which was excellent as well. We really enjoyed this place.Special Features:
- Solid dinner but Could be BetterBTC15VIPDined on 6/12/2014My wife and I went to J Alexanders for a Thursday date night. We were seated immediately and each ordered wine. Both glasses were $9 but were fairly good. We ordered the spinach queso which was decent at best and made substandard cheese, not the authentic Mexican flavors. J Alexanders started serving sourdough bread which was a pleasant surprise. For our entrees, my wife ordered the chicken fingers (which are no longer on the menu but still available upon request) and I the New York Strip. Hers was excellent per usual but my steak tasted like a low-quality meat. Similar to a Wal Mart steak. It was served with Mac and Cheese which was terrible. We have had great meals in the past but I will probably order something different next time.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/12/2014Tried J.Alexanders for the first time on our anniversary. We will be going back on a regular basin. Excellent. Best in our area.Special Features:
- A cut above...eatoutalotVIPDined on 6/11/2014J. A.'s is a cut above the usual mall/chain restaurant fare. Not as pricey as a high end steak house with a clubby atmosphere...don't go too early or you are in with the "chicken finger and mac and cheese age group set." Great martini's, nice steaks, great prime rib, decent enough, (barely) wine list and other "stuff" to suit most needs. Keep up though good work! We will keep coming back... and ps.... to those readers/reviewers who think this place is "expensive"...we aren't dining on the same planet! Have you been to Del Frisco's? Elways? The Capital Grille? Shanahan's? I think not. By comparison, Alexander's is a BARGAIN....
- Friday night at Jay Alexander'sDifferentExperienceDined on 6/6/2014We have gone to Jay's for years and never had a bad meal there. My wife and I think it is a great place and a great value. However, this past Friday was a little different. Our waitress really made us feel rushed, and she wasn't very pleasant. I understand the need to turn tables, but this was a bit over the top. Within 5 seconds of sitting down. she had the menus in front of us and was asking us what we wanted for an appetizer. One minute after receiving our drinks, she asked us if we had made a decision on dinner yet. In addition to this, she never smiled and acted like she really disliked being there. Also, 2 of us had the Filet. For the first time, it wasn't very good. Had very little taste and was very bland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/2/2014I went to J.Alexander's on a recommendation from a co-worker that said it was a great steak place, and after looking at online reviews it seemed like a great choice for my wife's birthday dinner. Unfortunately, that's where the good experience ended. The service was 'weird' as we were waited on by 3 or 4 different people, none of which seemed friendly or knowledgable. The food took forever to get there and was 'ok' at best. I've had as good or better steaks and definitely better service at Texas Roadhouse for 1/3 the price. Can't say that I'll ever go back.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/25/2014I had always been a fan of this restaurant from the very first experience in Nashville. I longed to go back and luckily was in Denver this past weekend and longed to have dinner here. I was disappointed with the food, especially after paying so much for it. The service was outstanding and impeccable. Thanks, Mina (Albuquerque, NM)Special Features:
- We struck out on this tripOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/25/2014Unfortunately, my trip to J. Alexanders was very disappointing on May 25. The food was not up to par and service was very poor.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/24/2014James was a great server, the kitchen accomodated food sensitivity issues very well. Always an enjoyable experience. Thanks !!Special Features:
- RegularCustomerVIPDined on 5/24/2014We enjoyed it as usual and food is excellent. Key Lime pie is the best.Special Features: