J. Alexander's - Cincinnati
2629 Edmondson Rd
Cincinnati, OH 45209Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
J. Alexander's - Cincinnati
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.jalexanders.com/
- Phone: (513) 531-7495
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Sunday: 9:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm
Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm
Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Carlos Reyes
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access
A word from J. Alexander's - Cincinnati
J. Alexander’s is a contemporary American restaurant, known for its wood-fired cuisine. Our core philosophy is to provide you with the highest possible quality dining experience. The menu features a wide selection of American classics including prime rib of beef, steaks, fresh seafood, sandwiches and entrée salads. The menu in each restaurant includes a varied and rotating selection of features like Seafood Czarina, Tuscan Steak, Grilled Fish with Mango Papaya Salsa and Chicken Milanese. The restaurant has a full-service bar that includes an outstanding selection of wines both by the glass and bottle.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
J. Alexander's - Cincinnati reviews from OpenTable diners
139 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (74)good for groups (58)romantic (42)great for lunch (41)fit for foodies (35)neighborhood gem (35)notable wine list (32)hot spot (20)vibrant bar scene (19)great for brunch (18)kid-friendly (10)late-night find (9)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Very Nice place for dining on the weekendPurplebowlDined on 11/14/2014The menu had lots to choose from and the food was fantastic. I got the Mahi-mahi and the way it was prepared was unreal. The acorn squash was also a hit with the table. Alexanader's has a very cozy kind of feel to it and we enjoyed every minute of our hospitality. Great FindSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diner29Diner29Dined on 11/11/2014I have eaten here several times for lunch and dinner. The food is consistently good. The lunch specials on this were excellent and the service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Erik MartinCincierikDined on 11/10/2014The food is always amazing! I can honestly say, I've never had a disappointing meal at J's. Even better though, the service is awesome. The servers are always anticipating your needs and you never need to ask for a refill or anything. I highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steaks definitely not up to expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014mac n' cheese was fantastic! Steaks were poorly cooked, extremely tough, and very disappointing.
- Nice Sat. mealSaturday9694VIPDined on 11/8/2014We had a very nice family meal. Used Open Table reservation and were seated upon arrival as per our reservation. Food was tasty. Service was outstanding. Price was reasonable. Will be returning.Special Features:
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/8/2014Great food and service. The menu has a wide variety of healthy options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing steakOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014I had the most amazing Filet steak. It was cooked to perfection and seasoned just right.Special Features:
- "Energetic" atmosphereJohnboyDined on 11/7/2014I brought my mother and her friend here Friday night. I guess we should have reconsidered when we saw the young people in short skirts and no jackets to deal with the cool Cincinnati night. We were seated at a four top in the middle of the main dining room. The noise level was only occasionally masked by the loud music. My guests both asked for glasses of chardonnay. Our server was not familiar with the options and rather than ask a colleague or a manager for assistance, she made a recommendation which the ladies disagreed with. Dinner was delivered quickly and was enjoyed by all three of us. The final flaw of our server was to take my mother's wine glass before my mother had finished. The server was fortunate that I was paying!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunch!GerriHVIPDined on 11/7/2014J Alexander always delivers s great experience. I had the Croque Madam which was decadent. Grilled ham and cheese topped with a sunny side up egg! Loved the accompanying salas. My guest had the crispy chicken and enjoyed it along with the orzo salad. The place was crazy busy so glad we had reservations. Service was excellentSpecial Features:
- ServiceMelrodVIPDined on 11/6/2014Service was extremely good. Always kept my drink full and the server came around often to check on usSpecial Features:
- "Good"ShellDined on 11/2/2014Good just sums up the overall food and service. Food is always consistently good (not memorable). One of our diners is gluten sensitive and was really surprised they don't have a gluten-free menu. I had the Ahi Tuna Salad which was overdressed with dressing and the ahi tuna was not seared rare, but more medium rare. The service was a little confusing because we never had the same server during our dinner. We counted, and we had 5 different ones.....little strange. Anyway, like I said, it was "good" not great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visit for brunch was an excellent one.CarolynRVIPDined on 11/2/2014We decided to check out their brunch since they start earlier than some, and I have seen people streaming in on Sundays and wondered about it. What a treat! We were well served and tried 3 entrees - the eggs benedict, steak & eggs and then the lemon ricotta pancakes as a dessert. TOO much to eat for 2, obviously, but all perfectly prepared and yummy. The potatoes were really good and crunchy, the steak tender and flavorful, with the poached eggs which we requested as medium, cooked perfectly. We'll definitely return, but order just 2 entrees. :) It's a chain restaurant, (usually not a positive thing, IMO), but doesn't feel that way at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE this place!!faithfulcustomerDined on 11/1/2014As always, we had great service and a great meal. The only disappointment is that we were celebrating a birthday and were told the birthday person would get a desert which they did not.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/28/2014Came in with another couple to celebrate their anniversary. Loved the personal touch of adding "Happy Anniversary" to the special menu.Special Features:
- Good but noisylunchbunchDined on 10/27/2014The food and service are generally impeccable. This time was a little off but the staff bent over backwards to take care of things.Special Features:
- Always GreatBsceneDined on 10/26/2014We eat here regularly. My family was in from out of town and we wanted a great brunch without the wait. We had a party of 7 and were easily accommodated. The food was great as usual. It's a little pricey compared to other brunch places but the portions are huge so you can share.I would recommend this to a friend.
- my serverOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/25/2014It was my birthday & my server Jay was GREAT!!! He made sure we were all completely satisfied with our selections & I asked for a certain drink....It was made PERFECTLY! !! THANKS JAY!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great table for friendsGoodfellowSDDined on 10/24/201425th year High School Reunion over the weekend. They seated us at one of the big corner tables. We had such a great time laughing and catching up. But most importantly for this review, everyone loved their food. Even the foodies. We likely overstayed our time slot, but we felt welcome and well attended to. Thanks!Special Features:
- Truly deliciousHalffull29Dined on 10/22/2014We heard about this restaurant from a friend who said "everything is delicious " and happy to say she absolutely right. We had soup and spinach dip to start and it just kept getting better- the Maui steak is the best I've ever had, my wife loved the salmon. Honestly, restaurants food is often overrated but this one is not. It's now our new favorite restaurant for the special occasions, winner by a mile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING as alwaysHomeDined on 10/20/2014You will always know that when you go to J Alexanders, you will have one of the best meals, if not THE best, in Cincinnati. Period. Treat yourself and get there asap.Special Features:
- Awesome First Dining Experience!YummyEatsDined on 10/18/2014I had never previously been to J. Alexander's but I was thoroughly impressed! It is such a nice restaurant with a great atmosphere and the food is TO DIE FOR. Well worth the price. I had the Steak and Fries with a caesar salad and I ate every last bit of it. My boyfriend had the Cypress Salad and he loved it! We went for Sweetest Day and it was perfect. I look forward to returning to J. Alexander's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/17/2014The food is consistently good & the service is excellent. We are never disappointed when we dine here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyabletchnomoreDined on 10/13/2014Salmon was tasty and tender. Served with a side of Acorn squash, baked perfectly made it a wonderful dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful food and drinksgoodtimesDined on 10/11/2014Took some friends out as a thank you and we had a great time. Service was wonderful, the atmosphere were inviting, the food was excellent. I had the crab cakes and they were perfection.Special Features:
- JimGDined on 10/11/2014Steak, prime rib, chicken , salad....everyone enjoyed their meal Great server, very informative and accomadatingSpecial Features:
- Good Consistent Food and ServiceTdp68Dined on 10/6/2014I can always count on having great service and great, freshly prepared food at J. Alexander's. This location is very easy to find and to meet for business or for even happy hour. Portions are quite large. Quality is very high and one would appreciate the value. This is one of the few restaurants where food is prepared freshly unlike many chains where food quality is sacrificed to squeeze out higher margins.Special Features:
- Nice brunchchungclanVIPDined on 10/5/2014Giant portions of well-made food. I give this high-end chain points for trying, using fresh ingredients, house made condiments and smoked salmon. Bloody marys were just OK, kind of bitter and watery simultaneously. My mom's belgian waffles were drowned in a heavy whipped cream called sabayon. (Not a very authentic sabayon, sadly). My egg white omelet with spinach was OK. Was supposed to have fresh herbs, but only had a few dried chives sprinkled on top. Reasonable prices, pleasant atmosphere, and generous portions all make this somewhere worth trying.Special Features:
- Thank youllm1968VIPDined on 10/3/2014The staff and Manager Susan were great. I always have a nice experience here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2 in a rowbiggieDined on 9/27/2014My best friend is home and we both love this restaurant. This was the second straight evening we went. The first evening was delightful, food delicious . The second evening could have been better, but for our waitress. She was not very friendly or patient. My friend made a couple of request (such as extra napkins) and it seemed to bother her, and not much attention at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- J Alexander CincinnatiMiamiQVIPDined on 9/27/2014Pleasantly surprised at the quality of the food. The young woman who took our drink orders botched 3 of 4, but our actual server was excellent. Good portions and everything was delicious. We recommend the salmon dip appetizer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Experiencebb104Dined on 9/20/2014Food was very good, atmosphere very modern and elegant. We had four of us and with our reservation, we got immediate seating at a nice window seat. Servers were very good and gave good suggestions.Special Features:
- Anniversary Dinnergoodtimes13Dined on 9/19/2014We made our reservation on-line a week before for our anniversary dinner. They called me to confirm the morning of our dinner. No wait time and excellent service. The little gift at the end of dinner was a nice surprise! Had a great night out and excellent meal!Special Features:
- good night outshelleyDined on 9/13/2014Good food, fast service - maybe even too fast. They sed to serve bread before, but none served this time. Happy to get in via open table with very limited notice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad01gtDined on 9/13/2014Food was good but martinis seemed watered down. Was not aware side salad was not included until the bill was received, an extra $6 per salad was listed.Special Features:
- Five star experienceFoodcritiqueDined on 9/12/2014Good food, friendly service, cozy environment. File mignon, steak&fries and desserts (carrot cake and chocolate cake) we ordered were excellent. We will definitely return to try more dishes and enjoy the environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunch for 9OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014It was a perfect place for 9 friends getting together!!! We all loved it and will meet there again. Maybe the servings are too large. We all believe in "small is beautiful" yours appetiteSpecial Features:
- Leadership LunchGREATLUNCHDined on 9/10/2014Sent the Sales Managers, Region Manager and visiting Midwest Manager to J. Alexander's for lunch and they really enjoyed it! It's one of my favorite restaurants!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrated My BirthdayFantasticDined on 9/9/2014I had a wonderful Wonderful time celebrating my Birthday, and I look forward to using open table for all other reservations!!Special Features:
- mwallace3544VIPDined on 9/9/2014Our server Jason was excellent and offered recommendations and answered questions easily. He was also very attentive but not overly. I had the steak skewer upon his recommendation and was not disappointed. He described the taste/composition of the sauce perfectly and actually did it so well that I changed my mind based on his recommendation. My friend had the prime rib and again, excellent and cooked per requestSpecial Features:
- Oh, yeah!annasgrammaDined on 9/7/2014We were given coupons for weekend Brunch, which is served on Saturday and Sunday only. Our coupons were for $10 off for each person in our party and we had 4 coupons. The brunch menu was varied and had something for everyone. One person in our party ordered the Belgian Waffles and he could barely finish them. My husband and I had huevos rancheros, which was an excellent choice. My son had a caesar salad with the soup of the day, which was loaded potato soup. He said the soup was beyond good. For those wanting something more, they also had mimosas and bloody mary drinks on the menu. Dessert was offered too, but our food portions were more than adequate, so dessert was a pass. The portions were huge and excellent. HIGHLY recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.