J. Alexander's - Cincinnati
2629 Edmondson Rd
Cincinnati, OH 45209Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
J. Alexander's - Cincinnati
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.jalexanders.com/
- Phone: 5135317495x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Sunday: 10:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm
Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm
Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Samuel Seaver
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access
A word from J. Alexander's - Cincinnati
J. Alexander’s is a contemporary American restaurant, known for its wood-fired cuisine. Our core philosophy is to provide you with the highest possible quality dining experience. The menu features a wide selection of American classics including prime rib of beef, steaks, fresh seafood, sandwiches and entrée salads. The menu in each restaurant includes a varied and rotating selection of features like Seafood Czarina, Tuscan Steak, Grilled Fish with Mango Papaya Salsa and Chicken Milanese. The restaurant has a full-service bar that includes an outstanding selection of wines both by the glass and bottle.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
J. Alexander's - Cincinnati reviews from OpenTable diners
124 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (62)good for groups (40)great for lunch (40)romantic (35)neighborhood gem (28)fit for foodies (26)notable wine list (25)great for brunch (17)vibrant bar scene (11)hot spot (11)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (4)great for outdoor dining (4)Show More
- good night outshelleyDined on 9/13/2014Good food, fast service - maybe even too fast. They sed to serve bread before, but none served this time. Happy to get in via open table with very limited notice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad01gtDined on 9/13/2014Food was good but martinis seemed watered down. Was not aware side salad was not included until the bill was received, an extra $6 per salad was listed.Special Features:
- Five star experienceFoodcritiqueDined on 9/12/2014Good food, friendly service, cozy environment. File mignon, steak&fries and desserts (carrot cake and chocolate cake) we ordered were excellent. We will definitely return to try more dishes and enjoy the environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunch for 9OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014It was a perfect place for 9 friends getting together!!! We all loved it and will meet there again. Maybe the servings are too large. We all believe in "small is beautiful" yours appetiteSpecial Features:
- Leadership LunchGREATLUNCHDined on 9/10/2014Sent the Sales Managers, Region Manager and visiting Midwest Manager to J. Alexander's for lunch and they really enjoyed it! It's one of my favorite restaurants!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrated My BirthdayFantasticDined on 9/9/2014I had a wonderful Wonderful time celebrating my Birthday, and I look forward to using open table for all other reservations!!Special Features:
- mwallace3544VIPDined on 9/9/2014Our server Jason was excellent and offered recommendations and answered questions easily. He was also very attentive but not overly. I had the steak skewer upon his recommendation and was not disappointed. He described the taste/composition of the sauce perfectly and actually did it so well that I changed my mind based on his recommendation. My friend had the prime rib and again, excellent and cooked per requestSpecial Features:
- Oh, yeah!annasgrammaDined on 9/7/2014We were given coupons for weekend Brunch, which is served on Saturday and Sunday only. Our coupons were for $10 off for each person in our party and we had 4 coupons. The brunch menu was varied and had something for everyone. One person in our party ordered the Belgian Waffles and he could barely finish them. My husband and I had huevos rancheros, which was an excellent choice. My son had a caesar salad with the soup of the day, which was loaded potato soup. He said the soup was beyond good. For those wanting something more, they also had mimosas and bloody mary drinks on the menu. Dessert was offered too, but our food portions were more than adequate, so dessert was a pass. The portions were huge and excellent. HIGHLY recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wait timeCincierikDined on 9/6/2014We had 8 o'clock reservations through open table. We arrived about 10 minutes prior to our reservation. Still didn't get seated at our table until about 8:40p. Frustrating! Other than that the food and service were excellent and I will definitely go back! Veggie burger was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- September 6, 2014kandor5Dined on 9/6/2014Very nice , warm decor, but the background Muzak was too loud! I was actually startled at one point when a song began suddenly! Food was good, not the best New York Strip steak I've ever had, but very good.Special Features:
- ReviewasdfghjklzxcvvbbnmmooiuyytSoHoneymoonDined on 9/6/2014Good food and service.',,',,,,,,,,',,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,..,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,wweerrrrttffffffffffggghhhjjjjdont have time to write long review. Not necessarySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunch Spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/6/2014My daughter took me there for lunch and it was delightful. The restaurant was a little cool, glad I brought a jacket. The Fire Roasted Artichokes are absolutely Delicious. Good service and Great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service has left the building!NeverAgainVIPDined on 8/25/2014Can't believe how poor the service has become! Servers don't seem to help each other out anymore, which for a party of 10 is not acceptable! This is not a place for large groups!
- Menu ChangeJP1980Dined on 8/23/2014This was our third time dining here. My wife and I were surprised to find the menu had changed. More Pub Style food (steak & fries, ect) and less "real food". Check online or call before selecting as your restaurant of choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant surpriseJulieDined on 8/23/2014The food was good & not overpriced. The staff was friendly and attentive without being intrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overpriced and overratedcapncookDined on 8/22/2014I have been to numerous upscale steakhouses, including other jalexanders locations, and this one just didn't measure up. Pros: the queso dip appetizer is delicious and quite addictive. The mac and cheese is always fantastic. Cons: The noise level was so high it was difficult to hold much of a conversation and we has to text each other at a few points just to avoid yelling across the table. The restaurant was really hot, not just a little warm, but hot enough that the faces of waiters were dripping sweat from running round the restaurant in their formal wear. Lastly, I found a foreign object on my steak. Some piece of metal probably from the grill brush. I didn't want a new steak, but the manager didn't even come out to offer up a sorry.
- Fantastic service!chungclanVIPDined on 8/22/2014We took my mom for her 82nd birthday, and the wonderful service provided by J. made it a memorable occasion. Everybody enjoyed the food, which is, for the most part, simply prepared with good quality ingredients. We all enjoyed the local heirloom tomatoes from Hazelfield farms, one of our farmers' market favorites. The martinis were upsized with an extra "sidecar" on ice for seconds. Domaine Chandon by the glass was an excellent value at $8. Dessert was a mountain of dense chocolate cake with ice cream and hot fudge that the four of us could barely finish. Overall we had a great time.Special Features:
- Excellent6stringerDined on 8/9/2014Been a fan of J Alexander's for years. Food quality is always fantastic and the service is always great but they always find a way to make the experience better for the patrons. We don't always get what we pay for these days, but here, I always do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Job, we'll be back!ThanksDined on 8/4/2014First time visitors and everything from Hostess, to waiter to food was great, will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Outstanding EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/4/2014Outstanding week night visit. Not over crowded and family had a great time with plenty of variety for all ages.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best restaurant in Cincinnati.BestinCincinnatiDined on 8/3/2014Ever since J Alexanders opened in Cincinnati it has become my favorite restaurant. I have never had one problem with anything: service, food, wait time, noise level, quality of food, etc. You will never go wrong eating at this restaurant. I travel the world for a living and when I return home the first meal I always have is at J Alexanders.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasiononehandwondrfullDined on 8/1/2014I brought my daughter here for here Sweet 16. I was expecting an atmosphere that consisting of fine dining you know a salad fork, soup spoon, wine glass and water glass. That's what I have been told about J. Alexander's all these years. But entering the establishment it was beautiful but total opposite. It was a great casual dining experience that gave my daughter the best memory for her Sweet 16.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Limited MenuRSavorsDined on 8/1/2014While I enjoyed a prime rib meal, my wife had great difficulty finding adequate choices for a gluten-free diet. She settled for the roasted chicken but it had been heavily basted, leaving an oily aftertaste. Consequently, I will not return to J. Alexander's.Special Features:
- good food great serviceSkipVIPDined on 7/29/2014Super place to enjoy and very good menu selection. Specials and regular menu is always makes it nice. Servers provide great attention to needs.Special Features:
- Always on point!LuckyVIPDined on 7/28/2014The staff is always on point and welcoming. The menu offers a wide selection of delicious dishes. Our whole family enjoys this establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tboneDined on 7/26/2014Very pleased , they seated us before our reservations , service was on top of the entire experience , the staff was very friendly . The food was very good . Overall great experience and will return .Special Features:
- Good for special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014Definitely a place for a a special occasion. Was a little pricey for an ordinary steak house. Don't really get much for your money. Everything is extra. Definitely have had better steaks at other steak houses. Glad we had a nice experience but probably won't go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great Experience!GerriHVIPDined on 7/18/2014J Alexander is understated elegance. Perfect for a special occasion, business meal or just lunch. I had the steak burger which was delicious but a but messy. My companion has the grilled chicken sandwich, which she said was great. Service was excellent. Make reservations - the place was packed at lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great establishmentPACEDined on 7/12/2014I had a great experience at J. Alexanders. I made reservation online in two minutes to celebrate my Girl friends 25th Birthday. The food was great good atmosphere and the best servers around. We really enjoyed the food and the setting. Overall I would rate J. Alexanders 9 out of 10 stars. I will rate 9 beacause they removed a lot of signature dishes that left them with a slim selection of dishes.Special Features:
- WoebmacVIPDined on 7/10/2014J Alexander's always lives up to its reputation for great food and service. The staff is very attentive, getting to know specific orders and preferences of guests. I would and do recommend J Alexander's to anyone looking for a great spot for a business lunch. Outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one of my very favorites favoriteslocaldinerDined on 6/30/2014meet friends here regularly for lunch. prime rib sandwiches are outstanding - substitute mac n cheese for french fries. be sure to try the warmed carrot cake with glaze - generous portion - enough to share. staff is outstanding - knowledgeable, helpful, bright. centrally located - easy access from I75. make a reservation.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014items offered on the menu were not acutally availableSpecial Features:
- Good but too expensiveIrritatedDined on 6/27/2014I had a $100 gift card from work. It was only my husband, 13 year old son and myself. We all ordered the $31 filet with béarnaise sauce. The waiter asked what we wanted on our baked potato. I asked if it came with a salad. He said it was only $1 more. I said "So that means each meal is $32 correct?" He said yes. When we got the bill for $124 we were more than a little surprised. We only had a soda, iced tea and a water. It was a wonderful meal but I was very clear about what I was expecting when the bill came. After feeling taken, it ruined what was to be a nice evening. My husband did not want me to say anything at the time to avoid the evening becoming more unpleasant.Special Features:
- Happy Fathers DayDeanDined on 6/15/2014The kids planned a weekend at a cabin for the end of the month so my wife and I were soloing. Can two solo? Oh well? She surprised me with a trip to J. Alexanders for an early lunch after church. Easy parking, beautiful day. Had pre-determend to get the Prime Rib but the Sunday Brunch offerings superceded my plans. Eggs Benedict with a filet filled my plate and she had the Belgium Waffle with a Champaine Cream and Strawberries. There should be SIX stars on the review. We split each others and had a ball. Our waitress was super, good service, great attitude. Arnold said it best "I'll be back" DeanSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Father's DayTerryVIPDined on 6/15/2014We had a great mean with three generations of Fathers and four generations of family. Lovely setting and great food. Wonderful service too!Special Features:
- Catch up timebuddyDined on 6/14/2014Met with two of friends for a late lunch. Our group was a bit smaller then usual, but the three of us had a good time talking and enjoyed the summer fare.Special Features:
- Not horrible but not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/7/2014I can't help but feeling that I spent a lot of money for "okay." I think my main issue is that it took my asking the waiter at least 20 minutes after ordering if our salads were coming out soon to actually get them. Maybe he forgot to turn the order in or another server was to bring them but it did not set a good tone. This was Saturday night but the restaurant was definitely not at capacity. The food was good but really, if it weren't for my husband liking their prime rib, we probably wouldn't come back.Special Features:
- Mixed FeelingsTheEscapistDined on 6/7/2014Nice place, great staff and possibly the BEST SALAD I'VE EVER HAD. But then our steaks came and they were near flavorless, not to mention undercooked to our specifications. The Steak N Fries is similar to O'Charley's Louisiana Sirloin, but not nearly as good and close to twice the price. We kind of soured on the place after that and skipped dessert. But who knows, maybe if you go for something other than steak, it's amazing. Maybe just apps and a big salad? Ambience-wise, it was pretty standard family-chain-restaurant, with a few screaming kids.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistently great!Keith2dineDined on 6/3/2014I'm a fan and a regular here now! Food is always great, very accommodating and consistent. I always know what to expect. Stage is friendly and courteous. Favorites are the crab cakes, steak&fries or this time I had the ahi tuna steak. I'm told the burgers are amazing and try the fleur de lis is you want a different martini. Why is 50 characters required here? It kinda makes me crazy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Larry NagerLarryDined on 6/1/2014Fabulous Sunday Brunch. Wonderful atmosphere and great service. Loved the brunch menu. I had the lemon risotto pancakes which were delicious. Very reasonable prices and fabulous $5 Bloody Marys!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.