Izzy's Steaks & Chops – San Carlos
525 Skyway Rd
San Carlos, CA 94070Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $30 and under
Izzy's Steaks & Chops – San Carlos
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.izzyssteaksandchops.com/
- Phone: 6506542822
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Izzy's Steaks & Chops – San Carlos
Enjoy a long standing American tradition - a great steak, fine wine, a good time. Their doors are open to all, and they have room for your party. At Izzy's Steak & Chop House, a 50 ft. brass bar is fully stocked and awaits your Mojito order.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Izzy's Steaks & Chops – San Carlos reviews from OpenTable diners
- Nice place to dine. Thisck94112Dined on 11/14/2012Nice place to dine. This was my second visit.. will go there again on another occassion.Special Features:
- First Rate Steak House.....OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/10/2012If your looking for a Great Steak House look no further than IZZY's. I have nothing but great things to say from Making the reservations to the parking. The Steaks and Lamb chops were cooked to perfection. The Mussles had that extra something when the waitress poured on the White Wine at the table. Now as for the desserts they were great as well we had the Cream Brule and a few scoops of Gelato with Chocolate sauce. I was and still am very Impressed with this Steak house. I only wished they were open for lunch and drinks @ 1pm that would be great. Could you picture it Mussles and french bread with a glass of Vino. I give them 5 stars out of 5. You would think I had been before nope this was a random pick from the internet site Yelp.Special Features:
- it was our first time at Issy,sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/3/2012it was our first time at Issy,s and we loved it .The food and service was excelant and we will be goin back.Special Features:
- The food is ALWAYS up-to-parOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/2/2012The food is ALWAYS up-to-par and never disappoints!Special Features:
- Great SteakhouseNateVIPDined on 10/31/2012Izzy's is right across the parking lot from the Marriot I stayed at. The food was great and the service was very good. Francisco was my waiter and did a great job. The Filet Au Poivre was very good. I will be returning.Special Features:
- dinner and service were great.luv2dine2VIPDined on 10/31/2012dinner and service were great. Food was excellently prepared. I had the San Francisco style filet of sole and I really enjoyed it very much. My husband had the prime rib and He also enjoyed his and my son had a cobb salad with chicken and it was good too. We will return.Special Features:
- Izzys is always a great placeRseguraDined on 10/28/2012Izzys is always a great place to gave a great steak, this time was no exception. We went to celebrate the first anniversary of my son and daughter in law.Special Features:
- Went for our anniversary andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/24/2012Went for our anniversary and had a wonderful experience. Can't wait to try Izzy's for lunch!Special Features:
- we still haven't receivedOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/18/2012we still haven't received our 100 points for dining on this date.Special Features:
- There are few good steak housesOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/15/2012There are few good steak houses in this area. This is one of the best. The food was excellent and the service outstanding.Special Features:
- Sat in the bar area. HadOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/6/2012Sat in the bar area. Had to go to the bar directly for drinks, waited over 10 min. the place was not busy few ppl at the bar and 2 booths 3 including mine in the bar occupied. Terrible service in the bar area. Waiter never asked at any time to refill our drinks, still waiting on my glass of wine.
- We really like Izzy's - veryFoodieVIPDined on 10/6/2012We really like Izzy's - very good food and normally the service is great but not this time. Terrible service - a big disappointment. It almost makes us not to want to return.Special Features:
- I was pleased that I couldOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/2/2012I was pleased that I could make reservations on line. love the Prime rib! service is fast and friendly with out being overbearing.Special Features:
- We are regulars that are generallyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/1/2012We are regulars that are generally impressed how we can get in and out in less than 45 minutes. I'm glad our recent visit wasn't the first, otherwise we may not have returned. Our waiter was really bad, and it's happened before with the same waiter (I don't know his name). He took our orders right away, but it was more than 20 minutes until we got our drinks...with no sign of him between. When our food came it, 2 out of 3 meals were stone cold. It took us another 5 minutes to flag someone down to let him know. Didn't even get an apology. He took the food back, returned it, then was a little more attentive, but it was too late. He clearly lost track of our food, just like our drinks and just let it sit too long.
- Great place to eat!!!RichDined on 9/29/2012What can I say, Izzy's is fantastic!!! Had the Filet Mignon special this time out and it was delicious. Our waiter was great!!Special Features:
- Rib eye was a special, 4 inOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 9/29/2012Rib eye was a special, 4 in our party of 6 chose that and every steak was tough. Their version of Cesar salad is lettuce with bottled dressing. I had the kid's sundae for dessert and it was the best part of the meal. For $500. this restaurant leaves a lot to be desired!
- Lunch was excellent - theRickyDined on 9/28/2012Lunch was excellent - the food was great, service was great and it was very nice and quiet in the restaurant. I definitely will recommend Izzy's to my friends and co-workers.
- Nice standard steak house.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/22/2012Nice standard steak house. No surprise just a nice cut of meat cooked well.
- Service good/Food badOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/22/2012Our waiter was new but very attentive. I ordered the French Onion soup starter and was asked if I wanted a cup or bowl. The cup of soup came in an actual tea cup. My husband had the fillet with shoestring potatoes and steamed asparagus. The potatoes were cold and the asparagus was raw and inedible. Our waiter took the potatoes and brought us back hot potatoes very quickly. We didn’t bother to mention the asparagus. The steaks were fine. Overall, we were disappointed in our meal but appreciated the service given by our waiter.
- Had trouble understandingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/15/2012Had trouble understanding our waitperson & visa versa - didn't seem to knowledgeable on the menu. Brought main dishes before all the apps were served. Drunkin shrimp were very over spiced w rosemary, NY steak & sea bass special both very good. Decent steak house on the peninsula.
- I've been here before andOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/14/2012I've been here before and I've had fantastic service and excellent food. Our experience on friday was completely the opposite. Our waiter ignored us most of the evening, our food was cool not hot and my steak was the toughest I've ever had. Truly bummed by our experience. hope things improve...
- Gave a poor rating this timefrequentdinerDined on 9/9/2012Gave a poor rating this time because the filet mignon was very chewy almost to the point of being rubbery. Otherwise, I would rate this restaurant and their food has been consistently excellent and would highly recommend to friends and family.
- Had a really great DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/8/2012Had a really great Dinner and a wonderful and attentive waitress. They were nice enough to comp our dessert because of our anniversary. My Husband ordered the Rib Eye special...fantastic...wish they always had this on their menu. Surprised that a steak house doesn't have Rib Eye on their menu. Hummm?? Anyway I would go back for sure!Special Features:
- Izzy's is great! The foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/8/2012Izzy's is great! The food is always consistently good. The waiters and staff are always accommodating, friendly and efficient.Special Features:
- Izzy's provides an old-stylePennyDined on 9/7/2012Izzy's provides an old-style dining experience. Good food and service. We shared a Ceasar Salad, it was tasty and crunchy. The 14 oz prime rib was very tasty and cooked exactly to order, but next time I'll get the smaller one. Pepper steak was good, but the sauce was very rich. If you like creamed spinach, theirs is excellent. Their au-gratin potatoes are tasty, but very rich. Wines by-the-glass were reasonable. Service was OK, but the waitress was very busy, so we had to get olive oil from the busboy.Special Features:
- Very friendly. ComfortableOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/25/2012Very friendly. Comfortable surroundings, terrific steaks, and house potatoes are a treat.Special Features:
- My husband and I keep comingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2012My husband and I keep coming back because of the good service, good food, and great ambiance. You are relaxed with no pressure to hurry up with your meal. You are always greeted with a smile when you enter and when you leave.Special Features:
- The espresso was very good.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2012The espresso was very good. The New York Strip had flavor, but was medium - not rare as I had requested. We did not order alcohol and the two tables next to us, who arrived after we did, were served before us. It took 40 minutes for our main course to arrive,and we had to ask about it. The house salads arrived quickly and were tasty. The creamed spinach was OK, though far from inspired. The asparagus was good. The fruit crisp that I had for dessert was very average - something that I could have gotten at Denny's. Not what I was expecting. My wife said that the cheesecake was good. We were charged about $98.00 for what was ,at best, a $65.00 meal. Couple this with what I consider poor service and we will not be returning.
- great steak- could use newOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/22/2012great steak- could use new knifes but the food is greatSpecial Features:
- Delicious steaks and primeDianeVIPDined on 8/18/2012Delicious steaks and prime rib. Old fashioned "steak house" taste, look and feel -- we really enjoyed the evening from this San Francisco gem.Special Features:
- I went to the San Carlos location.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/18/2012I went to the San Carlos location. The food was absolutely delicious (filet mignon, Izzy's potatoes, creamed spinach). The waiter and the rest of the staff were excellent--just the right amount of attention. Even though the restaurant was filling up, my friend and I did not feel pressured to finish up our wine and leave. I'd love to come back soon, but it is a little pricey.Special Features:
- Excellent place for steakOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/14/2012Loved it. The service was excellent and always prompt. Waiter was energetic and interested. The food was great. The ribeye was absolutely perfect. Would go back anytime.Special Features:
- A very good traditional steak,PanebVIPDined on 8/12/2012A very good traditional steak, prime rib chops place. Meals come with choice of two sides which are very nice offerings. The dessert we shared was excellent. Portions are very generous, we all took some of our dinners home. They are supposed to start lunch service in mid-September. We'll definitely be going back. Wine list is (of course) heavily slanted to the reds.Special Features:
- Steak Not GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/11/2012For a Steak house they don't seem to know how to cook steaks. My filet was very tough. I really had to saw at it with my knife. Another filet at our table was over cooked. The prime ribs at our table looked good to me but didn't get any remarks from their eaters. The side dishes were very tasty but also very heavy handed. The specialty scalloped potatoes were super salty - I guess that's what people like... but I prefer more subtle flavors. I had the salmon on my first visit and it was overcooked. I guess I would classify this as "chain restaurant" food. Go if your primary goal is tons of food.
- Good quality food but I doRCgalVIPDined on 8/9/2012Good quality food but I do wish they would season the meat.Special Features:
- Waitress was excellent. SheOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2012Waitress was excellent. She didnt miss a beat. I would say it was a perfect service from her.Special Features:
- Izzy's is awesome.McRichVIPDined on 7/24/2012Izzy's is awesome. For the area, if you don't want to go all out and go to Flemnings Izzy's is a great spot. Their steaks are great, it's the one place I'd prefer a bone in ribeye to a filet. The sides are great, best creamed spinach I've had. The seasoned mussels as an appetizer is another can't miss dish.Special Features:
- We drove all the way to SanDKG19Dined on 7/22/2012We drove all the way to San Carlos because our Izzy's in San Ramon closed. Glad we did! Had a waitress who was from the San Ramon location who provided great service. Food was yummy as usual! Nice comfortable ambiance. Will definitely go back!Special Features:
- We went to Izzy's for theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/21/2012We went to Izzy's for the first time because we recieved a gift certificate. Unfortuately we didnt think it was all that good. Though the wait staff was friendly they didnt seem to have a great grasp of the menu. Are salads were good but our entrees arrived minutes after the salads to we felt rushed. We both had prime rib and to was a bit tough and way under seasoned and the the vegetables that accompanied the prime rib were barely blanched and were served plain. We were hoping for much more.
- I have been here several timesMudslideVIPDined on 7/17/2012I have been here several times over the years and am always amazed as to how consistently excellent the food and service are. The beef here is always tender, flavorful, and cooked just how you order it. The salmon is also excellent. Great choice of side dishes - love the cream spinach. Servers are very friendly and professional. Great place and I like the steakhouse atmosphere.Special Features: