Izzy's Place - Alamo
3160 Danville Blvd
Alamo, CA 94526Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Izzy's Place - Alamo
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://izzysplacealamo.com/
- Phone: 9258201711
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: S-F 5:00pm-9:00pm
Dinner: F-Sa 5:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Italian
- Executive Chef: Zach Warn
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Nicole Abadir 9258201711
A word from Izzy's Place - Alamo
Izzy’s Place is an intimate Italian restaurant and bar bringing the best of Northern California’s seasonal bounty together with simple yet sophisticated cuisine with an emphasis on delectable artisanal Italian food.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Izzy's Place - Alamo reviews from OpenTable diners
19 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (11)fit for foodies (5)vibrant bar scene (5)notable wine list (5)special occasion (3)good for groups (3)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (2)hot spot (2)great for brunch (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Mediocre at bestDrSLDDined on 10/11/2014First visit was very good; 2nd visit 6 months later fair. The brussel sprouts were very good. However, the petrale sole had onions; sent it back and then it was replaced with unseasoned fish not cooked well without the capers or garnish. Presentationconsisted of pieces of fish on a glob of mashed potatoes. The pesto mashed potatoes were replaced with watered down unseasoned mashed potatoes. My companions reported the salmon dish, polenta, and linguini alfredo were "alright" but not great. We were very disappointed. Our waiter did offer a dessert for make up for the petrale sole problem. I will give the restaurant one more try because my first visit was very good. Lovely place and hope the food quality improves.Special Features:
- Good, almost great!DanvilleFoodieVIPDined on 10/2/2014Been to Izzys before. This time the services was a bit off/slow and the food was a bit overlooked. I hope they spend more attention on service, attention to detail and food quality. The steak was a bit tough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Neighborhood RestaurantAlamophilDined on 9/18/2014Atmosphere is lively, food is quite good and service is excellent. Really enjoyed the Italian wines offered.Special Features:
- Wonderful dinnertravelingPhilVIPDined on 8/16/2014My wife and I met some friends for dinner here and we just loved the restaurant. Excellent veal and short ribs, great service, very friendly, and an environment that was superb.Special Features:
- The following 19 reviews are from the Izzy's Place - Alamo reviews archive.
- lexyDined on 6/20/2014Comfortable place. Food hit and miss. Calamari excellent. Rest of dinner so so.Special Features:
- disappointedFranVIPDined on 6/8/2014We keep trying to like Izzy's, but the food is below standard, unappetizing, overcooked vegetables and we will not return.
- AllanokVIPDined on 6/7/2014Izzy's is a perfect place for a lunch or dinner where you are the most important person in the place. They really make you feel at home and the food and service is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Getting BetterMarkVIPDined on 5/31/2014Izzy's Place is clearly getting better. The menu has clearly improved. Enjoyed most recent dinner a lot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My experience77dinDined on 5/29/2014Great food and service , clean and inviting facility including a very nice open bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!SteveDined on 5/18/2014Our 2nd time there. We had a party of 8 and worried we'd get a a bad table, etc. Turned out we were about the only table in the room, a slow night for them. So we had great service, lots of attention. It was a birthday and from the hostess on the birthday person was noted and congratulated over and over. Even their name on the menu. Good food, most of us did the Prix Fix menu and it was good. Love the look of the place and will go back.Special Features:
- Excellent Fish and ChipsAhueckelDined on 5/11/2014Great location. Fish and Chips are excellent and reasonably priced.Special Features:
- DisappointingelbowkVIPDined on 5/10/2014Even though this is a relatively new spot, that could not excuse the disappointment we experienced at our dinner. The mussels were good but we ordered a large little gem salad for almost $11 hoping to share and got what I thought was a small portion. Boy what a rip off!!! That should have been enough to be a family style salad. The special of the night, pistachio crusted halibut was dry and unappetizing. The meats, Izzy's supposed specialties, were passable. Don't even waste your time trying this place.
- DeliciousjimHVIPDined on 5/8/2014Another great dinner at Izzy's . From the moment you are greeted at arrival the staff here treats you like their only mission is to provide you with a fantastic dining experience . Our service was great and the food was delicious . We had the pork chop (the caper sauce is fantastic) and the chicken . Roast chicken is available everywhere but not like this ! The white bean side is unbelievable .Special Features:
- OkTrinityVIPDined on 4/26/2014The menu here has changed drastically we are not sure for the better. I hope they get settled in, they have a nice place. Really loud though.Special Features:
- Another Great Dining ExperiencejimHVIPDined on 4/16/2014This was the 5th or 6th time we have dined at Izzy's in the last couple months and each time the food and the service have been outstanding . We have had many different items from the diverse menu and never been disappointed .The pastas,pork chops,meatballs and salad were delicious . The wait staff is always friendly ,very professional and helpful with their suggestions . We are lucky to have such a great place in Alamo , it's long overdue .Special Features:
- great food at a great valuecrissyoDined on 4/12/2014Izzy's place is a find. Wonderfully prepared and presented entrees and salads. Good portions also. Loved the modern look. Our server was very professional and looked out for our needs..........Overall a great place...PS.. the goat cheese gnocchi was superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sunday special1fussyeaterDined on 4/6/2014Our party of 4 enjoyed the prixe fix menu, with Salmon, Chicken and Gnocchi. All were excellent. The spaghetti squash was delicious. No complaints about the food or wine, place is a bit noisy and wasn't even full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IzzysdinaroundDined on 4/5/2014Party of three and everyone loved their meal. I tried a bite of everything and couldn't decide which I liked best. Highlights - the ice cream cone dessert and the sweet sixteen wine list along with the different pour sizes! We'll be going back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sunday Supper!!KB2014VIPDined on 3/30/2014For 22.95 you get a delicious 4 course meal. Prix fixed menu with great choices. The staff is really wonderful. We will be back!! They only negative is the dessert. We have been there 6 times and it wasn't good but the test of the meal was really good. Good value for your $.Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood HangoutBudncamVIPDined on 3/29/2014Actually, quite elegant for a neighborhood hangout. Standout service, good overall menu, and a snappy happy hour. Clearly one of the best bars and bar areas in this area. Wish they would bring back the roasted squid.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- still working out the kinksAlamoLocalVIPDined on 3/20/2014We went to the bar shortly after it opened, a few months back, and weren't allowed to sub on the cheese plate. It would mess up the symmetry of their cheese ordering. More recently we had dinner. We asked for the pork chop medium (comes medium well) and no sauce. The waiter suggested sauce on the side, and we said fine. It came smothered in sauce. Next version was way overcooked, which the waiter somehow guessed. Margherita pizza had cold mozzarella cheese and after asking for more oven time it came back little better. But, I think they care, and I think they'll get it down. The ambitious menu, if properly executed, will be good. Waiter was great, and it's a nice space. So keep at it guys, and give us the kind place Alamo needs.Special Features:
- First Time VisitkrehVIPDined on 3/15/2014Upon entering, it kind of has a casino restaurant feel with the brightly lit bar and TVs. There was a good crowd in both the bar and restaurant, and a lot of energy. Our sampling of the menu was not extensive, but what we had was adequately prepared and presented. Service was attentive and the kitchen seemed to be working smoothly. It is nice to have an option in Alamo, but the atmosphere could be more intimate if they perhaps turned down the lights some.
- Overall experienceRickDined on 3/14/2014The food was good, service was average, décor seemed a bit to sterile, noise level was high. Not energetic high just very loud in the bar area almost impossible to carry on a conversation the noise level carried into the restaurant. it felt more like a cafeteria.