1433 Wilshire Blvd.
Santa Monica, CA 90403Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.izzysdeli.com/
- Phone: (310) 394-1131
- Hours of Operation:
24 hrs / Day - 7 Days a week
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Chef Tony
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Party platters, sandwich trays, dessert trays, breakfast trays, fruit platters
A word from Izzy's Deli
IZZY"S DELI has been a Santa Monica landmark for 37 years! "The Home of the Overstuffed Sandwich" features your deli favorites 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Dinner favorites include fresh roasted turkey, brisket, corned beef and cabbage, roasted chicken, hamburgers, fish, stuffed cabbage, homemade soups, fabulous fries, sumptuous salads, and delectable desserts. "IZZY'S DELI has the best pastrami west of 7th Avenue" and was featured on the Food Network. IZZY'S offers a wide variety of beers and house wine. Looking for a great late-nite spot...IZZY'S is open 24 hours a day every day and the extensive menu has something to satisfy any craving.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Izzy's Deli reviews from OpenTable diners
21 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (17)neighborhood gem (16)great for brunch (14)kid-friendly (12)late-night find (8)fit for foodies (3)good for groups (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Always openSandyjkVIPDined on 10/30/2014When you crave a lot of deli food, this is the place to get it. Huge portions, tasty food and a great selection.Special Features:
- Maybe not the stew !MHuntVIPDined on 10/26/2014They have a lot of menu options, a lot of which are decent, and some excellent. However I tried the beef stew for the 2nd time, with the same result, dissapointing. It's merely a bowl of gravy with a little bit of meat, and no vegetables. a few potato pieces in the gravy. Other than that you should be ok.Special Features:
- You won't go home hungryMHuntVIPDined on 10/19/2014Always large portions to take home, consistent with good food, a large menu to choose from and the service is always at least good. Also open 24 hrs., with a full menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seeing C & SSandyjkVIPDined on 9/21/2014A huge menu satisfies any appetite. You can have breakfast, lunch or dinner around the clock. The portions are big and the food is delicious.Special Features:
- The following 26 reviews are from the Izzy's Deli reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/16/2014Menu options and food execution was good -- what you would expect from a traditional Jewish deli. But the dining room could use some sprucing up. And then there's the ladies' room -- based on the condition encountered and on the log on the back of the door, it would seem that no one had cleaned it in several days. I would not go back because of that...makes me wonder about the kitchen and management in general. A shanda!Special Features:
- Great Classic Deli!TomasDined on 2/15/2014Izzy's is what a great Deli should be! Great food, generous portions, and savvy wait staff that actually knows their borscht from their pastrami! I'll be back! Often!Special Features:
- Pretty good deliAveragePalateGuyDined on 12/25/2013Overall I enjoyed my first visit to Izzy's. I had the pastrami sandwich and thought it was pretty good. Also had the mish-mash soup (matzo ball, noodles, kreplach, etc. soup, but that was just ok. I would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not greatloveitVIPDined on 11/9/2013The matzo ball soup was quite bland and the potato pancakes were a little dry. All in all, not their best.Special Features:
- One of the worst delis I haveOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/10/2013One of the worst delis I have ever been to. The chopped chicken liver was TOUGH. I have never had tough chopped chicken liver before! I was interested in the fried chicken but was told it was frozen and heated up. Will never go back.
- A Santa Monica StandardKennyGVIPDined on 2/5/2013Izzy's is a very dependable neighborhood deli. Whenever I am in Santa Monica and want a bowl of chicken soup, this is the place. Like most delis, it's not fancy, but that's not what you're looking for, right? Good lox, good kosher pickles, good bagels and rye bread -- yes to call! Service is friendlier than a lot of Los Angeles area delis, but you still need to order the first time they come to your table or you will be waiting a while. What, you don't walk in knowing what you want? Come on, it's a deli.Special Features:
- Has been good in the past,MHuntVIPDined on 12/16/2012Has been good in the past, but seems to be slipping food wise. I ordered their Beef Stew, which literally was a bowl of gravy with 2 potato pieces, couldn't find any vegatables, about 6 pieces of meat, had to put my side of vegetables in gravy to make some stew. Maybe try something else if you go.Special Features:
- Yummy home cooking in a cozy,OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/3/2012Yummy home cooking in a cozy, friendly place! Great place to share with the grandparents when in town.Special Features:
- Basic deli food---well prepared,timberVIPDined on 9/23/2012Basic deli food---well prepared, nice setting, solid service.
- Standard diner fareOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/22/2012Pretty standard diner food that was a little on the expensive side.
- Cozy, comfy and homemade goodness.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/1/2012Cozy, comfy and homemade goodness. Great for family meals and anytime you actually want to hear the person next to you!Special Features:
- This is one of the betterMHuntVIPDined on 5/20/2012This is one of the better places on the Westside for a late night meal, as it is always open. Nothing fancey, but a large variety menu for any late night craving, not great food, but certainly decent with huge portionsSpecial Features:
- 24/7 for Your Anytime Hunger Pains!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/28/2012Izzy's is 24/7, and a much-loved neighborhood comfort food spot!Special Features:
- food good, consistent withPANDPVIPDined on 3/29/2012food good, consistent with large menu. would be a big step up if they served fresh rather than frozen/canned vegetables with their dinners, and "home" made mashed potatoes rather than the instant variety now served.Special Features:
- We've been hitting Izzy'sOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/27/2012We've been hitting Izzy's with our kids for years. When a craving for matzoh ball soup, potatoe pancakes and piled high deli sandwiches hits,,, this is it! One nice thing, the grilled sandwiches are not greasy, for the more health conscious.Special Features:
- A good consistent late nightMHuntVIPDined on 8/28/2011A good consistent late night deli, with a large menu and very large portions served at reasonable pricesSpecial Features:
- Reminded me of old style NYLmarinaVIPDined on 8/28/2011Reminded me of old style NY deli. Stuffed sandwiches, all the sides and Dr. Browns soda. Any sandwich a meal for two.Special Features:
- Izzy's is a great local deli.OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 4/17/2011Izzy's is a great local deli. Good food and kid friendly!Special Features:
- The Good, The Bad and The BumpyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/8/2011Lots of characters - both serving and eating the food. And that's a GOOD thing. Don't expect to be fed in the order you were seated (even if the latecomers order pretty much the same things you do). And if it's a really long wait, don't expect your food to be hot. We had to send stuff back. Having said all that, if you need a late night deli fix, it's one of the only games in the Santa Monica side of town. P.S. Beware of the loose booth seat backs. If anyone sits behind you, you get bumped around like a cheap amusement park ride with every move they make.Special Features:
- they have a UCLA discountOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/25/2011they have a UCLA discount if you work at the hospital and have your ID. Check out their website, there are so many options to choose from it will suit any taste. My wife was at Santa Monica UCLA for a week when we had my son, and we ate Izzys every day at least once. The Rueben is amazing, both turkey and pastrami. The sky-high is another great option if you're into the Rueben but like an onion roll. Great sandwiches, soups, salads and deserts...judging by everything i've had, i'm sure it's all great, and such a wide selection you can have almost anything you're craving!Special Features:
- Every neighborhood needs aSandyjkVIPDined on 1/20/2011Every neighborhood needs a great deli and Izzy's is it. An institution. Fresh delicious deli food and much more. Soups are terrific.Special Features:
- Great menu with many choices,MHuntVIPDined on 11/7/2010Great menu with many choices, especially for late night dining. Also, the service was very accommodating as far as menu substitutions, to get you exactly what you wanted.Special Features:
- Good deli food at a very fairZippermanVIPDined on 11/7/2010Good deli food at a very fair price. The skirt steak dinner was especially good and really priced right.Special Features:
- Delicious deli food. A bitSandyjkVIPDined on 10/31/2010Delicious deli food. A bit noisy this time at noon.Special Features:
- We were a party of 6 for dinnerZippermanVIPDined on 10/3/2010We were a party of 6 for dinner and the summer special was a very good value with several good choices. The service was a little spotty, but still an enjoyable dinner with good deli food.Special Features:
- Great food and service lateOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/5/2010Great food and service late at night. It's nice to know there is good food available so I don't get forced into Dennys or fast food.Special Features: