Izakaya on Smith
176 Smith Street
Brooklyn, NY 11201Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
Izakaya on Smith
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://izakayaonsmith.com/
- Phone: 7188552020
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 12:00pm - 10:45pm, Friday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 11:30pm, Sunday: 2:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Vegetarian, Japanese
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine
A word from Izakaya on Smith
The best of Japanese cuisine comes to Brooklyn. As featured on Wall Street Journal : In Cobble Hill, Finally Diving Beyond Sushi. Featuring an extensive menu from Japanese Tapas such as Takoyaki ( Octopus balls ), Rock Shrimp Tempura, Okonomiyaki, Ika Yaki to Yakitori / Kushiyaki, Ramen, Sushi, Sake, and Full Bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Izakaya on Smith reviews from OpenTable diners
- We visited Izakaya in theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/4/2012We visited Izakaya in the early afternoon around 4pm. I was a little skeptical because of some of the previous reviews but it was the only restaurant seating people at 4 o'clock in the afternoon. I visited the restaurant with my wife. We both thought the previous reviewers were overly harsh. The service was excellent and the food was excellent as well. I suggest you give this restaurant a try. I doubt you will be disappointed.
- Best Ramen in downtown Brooklyn.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/19/2012Great food. Excellent Tonkotsu Ramen, fresh sushi, nice ambiance, and friendly service. Definitely will come back.Special Features:
- Give your review a titleOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 9/7/2012music is unusual and unenjoyable. staff tries hard but is overly familiar. Food is average - does not seem authentic. Dined in the afternoon - perhaps the vibe is better for the evening
- Place is dead during lunch,jphvsVIPDined on 8/22/2012Place is dead during lunch, with the morning-cleaning Lysol still filling the air.
- We ate here while visitingBobbiVIPDined on 8/19/2012We ate here while visiting our daughter who lives in Brooklyn Heights. The waiter was extremely nice and the wine I drank was good too. The sashimi pieces were small and so 2 pieces to an order was not really accurate. The food was good but the rolls, even the standard roll were so big they were hard to eat. Overall the food was better than just OK but I'm not running back there!
- Glad we stuck to the reservations..OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/13/2012I dined at this restaurant this past weekend and it was a diamond in the ruff so to speak. At first my other diners in my party thought about dining elsewhere since it seemed empty but I insisted that we dine there since we made the reservation. Our entire dining experience was great. The staff was very attentive and the food was great!Special Features:
- Wonderful DiscoveryAdamVIPDined on 7/5/2012Being from out of town, this was a wonderful discovery. Great food and Excellent service. We would definitely make a reservation at this restaurant when we are back in town.Special Features:
- Great sushi!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/20/2012Enjoyed the sushi, the service was great, would definitely go back!Special Features:
- Doesn't seem to be very authentic.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/12/2011Doesn't seem to be very authentic. It was an ok experience. The service was attentive. The food was ok. The decor was ok, the flashing white holiday light bulbs were a bit annoying.