385 Greenwich St.
New York, NY 10013Neighborhood:
TriBeCa - Downtown
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ivysbistro.com/
- Phone: (212) 343-1139
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch & Dinner:
Daily: 10:00am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Juan Rodriguez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We would be happy to cater your next corporate or family event.
Please call 212 343 1139 for all party inquires.
Celebrate your birthday, office retirement, or Christmas party at Ivy's Bistro!
A word from Ivy's Bistro
After exploring downtown or a long day at the office, Tribeca's Ivy's Bistro is the perfect neighborhood spot to watch the sun set over the Hudson River during the Spring and Summer months. Enjoy a glass of wine and a tasty meal from Ivy's diverse menu of American cuisine.Continued
Great for weekday business lunches, romantic date nights or weekend family brunches.
Great for weekday business lunches, romantic date nights or weekend family brunches.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ivy's Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (4)good for groups (3)late-night find (2)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (2)fit for foodies (1)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Charming Neighborhood EateryRocketVIPDined on 11/1/2014A very warm and friendly neighborhood pub. Wonderful and accommodating staff made for a very quiet and enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch place with kidssissibeeVIPDined on 10/25/2014Great place if you are looking for a good,casual and relaxed place for lunch. Good for large groups. We were there with friends and children and they organized a 12 place table with no problem. Close to the pier with the playground and mini golf, perfect during the weekend for a friend and family outing.Special Features:
- last minute findOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2014Found Ivy on Open Table while driving into the city. Was interested in something downtown. Such a pleasant surprise. Cozy yet open; great service; very accommodating; and a good menu. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- great local spot in TribecaDaveVIPDined on 7/30/2014Chose this place completely randomly and was pleasantly surprised. Attentive staff. Good wine list, which the staff knew well and made a great recommdation. Food wonderful. Great local vibe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 44 reviews are from the Ivy's Bistro reviews archive.
- very accomodatingTribecaAdjacentDined on 6/29/2014I went to Ivy's for lunch on a Sunday. My party of seven (including two young children) changed our reservation three times over the course of the morning, essentially holding a table the could have been used for other customers. I finally walked in and explained to the hostess (owner?) that my family kept pushing back our meeting time. She was understandably annoyed, but only asked that at least one or two of us come in to actually occupy the table until everyone else arrived. We gladly accepted. Midway through our meal, one of the children, a toddler, became extremely fussy and only stopped when he was allowed to wander around the restaurant. The staff didn't seem to mind at all, simply keeping an eye out that no one got in his way.Special Features:
- Perfect brunch spotOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/15/2014This is a very pleasant place for Sunday brunch in the heart of charming TriBeCa. Very friendly staff. Great menu that offers more variety and much better prices than the better known Tribecca Grill. Our party of six all agreed the meal was excellent and the super-friendly atmosphere made for a fun, relaxing dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/9/2014It was easy to get a reservation for 5. The food and service were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One hand doesn't know...WTHQDined on 6/7/2014So the meal was average until dessert. I ordered roasted pears with banana ice cream. While another dessert says it takes 15 minutes this did not. Yet it did. I was trying to catch a show. WHat I received was roasted pairs with a banana custard like item (warm, liquidy) and a few strawberries. The strawberries were the coldest thing. I ate it because maybe it was somehow going to taste like ice ceram. Nope. It had none of the recognizable features of ice cream as is commonly understood - it was not cold, it was not scooped, it was not melting - it was warm and liquid like. I informed the waittress that the menu item was misleading and she and hostess both professed that the kitchen claimed it was ice cream but they hadn't seen it.
- A lovely time & excellent food!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/3/2014Where else could you get a reservation for 16 on a Saturday night in Tribeca the weekend of the TD Five Boro Tour other than Ivy's Bistro? The excellent food, ambiance, and the service were icing on the cake. The staff were very welcoming and friendly and everyone had a really good time.Special Features:
- never failsJoshVIPDined on 5/2/2014amazing build-your-own burger, the pear and goat cheese salad was terrific, plan on coming back many times in the futureSpecial Features:
- Great place for lunchTSRestonVIPDined on 4/29/2014Met a client here for lunch. Service was outstanding and the food was very good. We both had salads and they were fresh and were good portions. There is good variety on the menu and since the service was so good I will certainly be back.Special Features:
- TriBeCaNancyDined on 4/26/2014Great place for casual dining. The staff is friendly and attentive. The burgers are very good and the chips are homemade and delicious. Would definitely go back!Special Features:
- Good food in a nice setting!TkjtdaVIPDined on 4/5/2014We were in a group of 5 and we all enjoyed our meals. Some of the things we ordered were sliders, salads, burgers, and lobster ravioli and all were delicious and good size portions. I especially liked the goat cheese salad and would recommend it. The skinny margaritas were excellent as well. It's a cute little place in a nice location and I would definitely go back next time I'm in the area.Special Features:
- casual, simple food done well.JeanVIPDined on 3/29/2014casual, simple food done well. Mac & Cheese (flavored any way you want) is moist, flavorful and not too thick. I had mine with ham and tomato - - yum! Delicious hamburger, though they don't have pickles! Who serves burgers without pickles?????I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little placePeachesDined on 3/15/2014Lovely, attentive service and tasty food ! We found the Ivy to be a great little neighbourhood place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local with French feelTribecafanVIPDined on 3/7/2014Quaint neighbourhood find with a good number but not too many tables. Great menu - comfort food or more traditional so something for everyone. Shabby chic decor would be my take - living up to its bistro name.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid SpotNYCFoodKidVIPDined on 2/23/2014Great spot in a quaint section of New York that is great for families and relatively quiet (for NYC) during the weekends. When the weather warms up, it is not far from the water so you can take a nice little stroll. Food was above average and the service was great. The pancakes were a little dry but the omelette and eggs florentine were on point. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good service, decent foodsourpickleDined on 2/4/2014Went around 8:30pm on a Tuesday night and the restaurant was half- empty. Service is great, good wine collection and decent ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice placeAsimplereviewerVIPDined on 1/24/2014The burger is probably the best burger I have ever had. Service is okay. She seemed more occupied with regulars and staff that's she was not serving. But the food is so amazing. The baked burgers are delicious without ketchup and cheese... Worth the wait indeed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love at first biteJGrey622Dined on 12/31/2013I absolutely love Ivy's. The food is amazing and the vibe is unpretentious- which is hard to find in NYC! I have gone on several occasions - New Years Eve, weekday dinners, birthdays, Sunday brunch- and am never disappointed. The place is on the smaller side so the noise level can vary. But even if there's a loud group the atmosphere stays relaxed. The staff is incredibly friendly and attentive. The food is well timed and I've never felt rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salad-a-go-gofood4thoughtDined on 11/9/2013I recommend this Tribeca gem for those who don't need to be seen but need to be served a fabulously fresh and interesting meal - from salads, to pasta, to pizza to their killer garlic bread with homemade pesto dipping sauce! YUM. It's casual and the prices are moderate... but the food rivals some of the best bistros. Check it out when you just need to cuddle up with a glass of red and a piece of grilled salmon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place but a bit loudVirginiaDined on 10/19/2013Food was good. Chicken Pot Pie was done well as were the appetizers. Great selection of salads too. Service was good and very attentive. I would definitely recommend for that. The only drawback was that it was very loud as it got busy. We were on the early side of dinner and when we first arrived there were only a few patrons at the bar. However even they were very loud and yelling profanities left and right. While I realize this is NYC, this was over and over again and not just a few... To some extent, I was thankful when the restaurant filled up and the noise level drowned them out. Then again, it drowned out our conversation too...I would recommend this to a friend.
- great neighborhood spotpdub1220Dined on 10/7/2013great pasta dishes (huge portions) and turkey burger. will definitely add this into the mixSpecial Features:
- Just so soSkichikDined on 10/6/2013I had the strawberry pancakes which were good with a side of chopped fresh fruit. My friend had the hamburger which she said was very good. The $18.95 brunch was inclusive of one Mimosa. The place is more for families and groups not for a quiet brunch. Service was very good and friendly.Special Features:
- beautiful dinnerJoshVIPDined on 9/28/2013Oddly, Ivy's Bistro was having a rather slow night when we ate there, as we were one of only two tables with customers, aside from a few stragglers at the bar, but the food was delightful and our waiter was incredibly personable and friendly, especially considering how many questions we had and the size of our order by the end of the night. They're in the process of rolling out a new menu which presented some confusion but it looks absolutely amazing, and I'm very much looking forward to returning. Generous portions without being overwhelming, free refills on drinks, and friendly staff made for a truly enjoyable dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way to loud for dinner conversationChristineVIPDined on 9/10/2013Although the food was certainly tasty, the atmosphere left something to be desired. The a/c wasn't working properly on a very hot 95 degree day in NYC. The atmosphere is a bit run down and it's more of a "pub" then a bistro. The bar is in the dining room and the music got louder and louder very early on in the evening until it was virtually impossible to have a conversation at the table. The food was certainly good enough that I would return again, but the music was so loud that, unless you want to eat without conversing, I wouldn't recommend this place.
- Good service, great burgers!likefinewineVIPDined on 9/9/2013Very good service, very attentive. Food is above avaerage for salads and sandwiches, will accomodate most changes to orders.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly Downtown Bistrotakeanappeal91Dined on 8/27/2013Fresh, well-presented, excellently prepared "comfort-style" bistro fare, reasonably priced, lovely atmosphere, and friendly, attentive service. A fine place if you live in or near downtown, or have business nearby. My foodie friend (visiting NYC from upstate) and her daughter (with experience in the restaurant biz, and visiting from DC) were charmed, as were my wife and daughter. We will definitely return when we have an occasion to eat downtown.Special Features:
- Go here if you want decentFoodofileFrankVIPDined on 7/19/2013Go here if you want decent bar food in a casual atmosphere. During our visit, the noise level varied from moderate to "you have to yell across the table." The establishment did not have my first two choices listed on their wine menu. We stuck with food items that had received positive reviews (turkey burger and lemon chicken).I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodMommaCupcake714Dined on 6/30/2013I went to Ivy Bistro to meet a friend for dinner. The food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time,the food was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/1/2013Great time,the food was very good love the sliders and the garlic bread is a must haveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ivy'sBiddyDined on 5/14/2013I stumbled upon this place by accident and have been back three times now! Which is quite a compliment since I live on the Upper East side and it is a long trek! Each time I was there, the owner personally greeted us, and even remembered me from my previous visits. The hospitality that has been shown to me at Ivy's is commendable. That means a lot, especially to me as I am battling my 5th and terminal cancer. It is worth the long haul, and I hope to frequent the restaurant many more times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday brunch spotChicagoanInNYCDined on 5/5/2013Avoid the long lines at popular spots within blocks of Ivy's (i.e. Bubby's) and walk right in. Delicious food - try the goat cheese and spinach omelet - combined with a fun ambiance, including music variety ranging from Jay-Z to Zac Brown Band.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for groupsWhitneyDined on 4/27/2013I went here for my birthday last year. I had a pretty big group and they were very accomodating. The food was good.. the drinks were good and the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sit back and RELAXkimpDined on 4/27/2013Food was great - Be in the mood to hang and take your time....Order the garlic bread and a drink and definitely go with people you like to chat with!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not a bad place. read lobsterOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/22/2013not a bad place. read lobster ravioli was great and they ran out of it. service was ok. Went on a Friday night and it was empty no so scene
- Delightful Brunch Spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/24/2013Love this spot. Had a great get-together for brunch recently. The service was delightful and my salmon benedict has me swooning for more.Special Features:
- Good overall, just one negativeOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/10/2013Good food and dining service has improved (just not ringing up the bill). The staff was good so I had no problem with a 20% tip, however, they calculated tip after-tax and refused to correct the tip to 20% before-tax. I do not know why staff would tarnish a good experience to end on such a negative note, but plenty of people are penny wise and pound foolish.
- Great every time!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/8/2012I have been going to Ivy's for years. I have never been disappointed. The food is amazing. This time I tried the pesto sauce: first with bread and then again with my entree. AMAZING! It was so yummy! The service is great. Our server gave us great food and wine options. I highly recommend it!Special Features:
- This is a hidden gem. OutOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/13/2012This is a hidden gem. Out of the weekend hussle in the TriBeCa . The food here was outstanding from the starters to the desserts! The staff are extremely accommodating and upbeat in a non obtrusive way. We were there for a birthday and the event went of without a hitch. Amazingly good time .Special Features: