120 N Hale
Wheaton, IL 60187Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ivyofwheaton.com/
- Phone: (630) 665-2489
- Hours of Operation:
Due to changing weather conditions, hours of operation are subject to change, please call ahead if weather is severe.
Lunch: Everyday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Brunch on Sunday from 11:00 A.M. until 2:00 P.M.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Chef Joe Pascolla
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: The Chefs room at Ivy accomodates up to 20 people. A Larger room accomodates up to 50 people. For private rooms contact the restaurant directly.
- Private Party Contact: Betsy DeHaven x
- Entertainment: Live music on the patio every Wed and Fri
- Special Events: Private rooms for parties of 8 or more (inquire with restaraunt at 630-665-2489)
A word from IVY
Great appetizers such as black pepper shrimp, pastas, steaks, chops and seafood cover just about everyone's dining wants and desires. Along with our main floor seating we offer two distinctive rooms seating up to 50 guests that can accommodate just about any event from wedding rehearsal dinners to graduations. Our French doors spill out onto our beautiful ivy covered patio, perfect for listening to live music in the evenings or meeting up with friends for a quiet lunch. Ivy can just about compliment any event.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
IVY reviews from OpenTable diners
160 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (100)neighborhood gem (99)great for outdoor dining (75)romantic (75)fit for foodies (71)good for groups (55)great for lunch (42)notable wine list (37)vibrant bar scene (15)hot spot (14)great for brunch (13)kid-friendly (8)scenic view (4)late-night find (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2014our 6th visit and seems to be less appealing each time
- Wonderful find!OpenTablersince1995Dined on 11/21/2014We dined upstairs in a quiet area overlooking the main floor. Lamb chops were excellent, and our servers (yes, plural) couldn't have been more attentive. We would definitely recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ATGFDined on 11/19/2014This is a great restaurant, with great food and a wonderful atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KJ23Dined on 11/18/2014We were seated right by the fireplace, and it made for a lovely dining experience. Everything we ate was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- C321C321Dined on 11/16/2014Everything was perfect! Great service, great food and great environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Headed back!MarandRichandkidsVIPDined on 11/15/2014We love this restaurant. We have been there about a dozen times, and we have always loved it. Never had a bad meal or bad service. The owner is so friendly and comes to the table to say hello. We were a group of six with the third couple arriving an hour late. However, our server was so gracious and friendly. We ordered more wine and appetizers and then our meals came out close to the latecomers. In many restaurants, this would have been a recipe for disaster. But, here at Ivy, they are wonderful! We are headed back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambiance & SeafoodDenaDined on 11/15/2014This is a quaint neighborhood restaurant with an unusual ambiance. The restaurant was full, yet our party of 4 was able to talk and hear each other well. There were a few snafus with the service - i.e. the main course came before the salad - but I wouldn't judge the restaurant on that without giving it a second chance. The "pig wings" appetizer was delicious, and the seafood special and Salmon dish were extremely good. However, the steak special which was $47, although cooked perfectly, was quite tasteless. Our table of 4 ended up with a $200 bill - that was without the salads. The reviews indicate the meals start at $30, but I'm guessing that is for lunch. For dinner, don't expect to get by with less than $50 per person. There was a nice complementary mini creme Brulee with a candle (for the birthday boy) and the waitress gave us an extra dessert to make up for the salad mis-hap. I would definitely give this restraunt a second chance - but I'll go to a steakhouse if I want a good steak!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service, and atmosphereSusanVIPDined on 11/14/2014Such a warm inviting restaurant. Wonderful food choices. Everything was delicious we had the pig wings which I highly recommend! I waitress was very attentive the atmosphere is romantic and warm. Great choices on the menu! The owner think that's for coming and spent a few minutes with us. The bread was warm and crispy. And the prices were fair. I highly recommend this restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- glitzysueVIPDined on 11/14/2014We were seated upstairs which made it quieter and more romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a treasureRuthDined on 11/9/2014This is a wonderful place and the ambience was magnificent. We really enjoyed ourselves and the food was delicious !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceTheCasualFoodieDined on 11/8/2014I took my boyfriend to Ivy for his birthday and we both had a great experience. The food and drinks that we ordered were delicious. The food was delivered quickly, but not so fast we felt rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great place, but...SPR13Dined on 11/8/2014The Ivy was overall a great restaurant. We had a fun time out for a quiet dinner. However, the service could have used a little work. It seemed as if they were unsure on where to seat us, even though we had a reservation. Also, numerous times our water glasses were empty. For such a high quality ambiance and price, I expected a bit better service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/7/2014Never disappointing. Food is delicious. Servers are friendly.Special Features:
- Excellent Food and ServiceLucasDined on 11/2/2014My wife and I have been to Ivy several times, and they never disappoint!Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014Enjoyed a dinner out with my husband to celebrate our anniversary. The interior of the restaurant was very appealing-high, arched ceiling , stained-glass windows-that gave it a very unique feel. My husband ordered the filet mignon which was accompanied by garlic mashed potatoes and asparagus. The fillet was excellent, as were the potatoes. Would definitely order this again. I had the tilapia with roasted new potatoes and thin slices of zucchini, also very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!Dizney97Dined on 10/31/2014We have been trying to get here for awhile now, and it was so worth it! Sat by the fireplace which was wonderful on a chilly night. Ordered crab cakes for an appetizer and it was delicious. For entrees, I had the prime rib special for that night and my husband had the parmesan chicken. The prime rib was so tender and cooked perfectly. The parmesan chicken was really good too! We then had the creme brulee and berry cheescake for desserts...a perfect way to finish the dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business dinnerTantoDined on 10/28/2014We arrived late for our reservation but were seated right away as there were many open tables. Our server was bery friendly and attentive throughout the meal. The entrees were very good, steak cooked medium as requested. The only negative I couldention was that the appetizers(brie and calamari) were delivered to us so quickly that it seemed as if they were prepared well before hand. Both appetizers were only slightly warm as if they were both reheated and delivered to the table. Didn't effect the taste as both were still tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We Love IVY!!!NancyjeanDined on 10/18/2014We have eaten at IVY many times, but this time we brought friends who had not been to IVY. They thoroughly enjoyed it. We all had a different entrée, and all 4 were very good. 2 of us had fish, salmon and walleye. The guys had steak and the pork chop. We shared the mussels to start and they were excellent! The fall décor is nice too. We will be back!Special Features:
- CSO2Dined on 10/17/2014Excellent food and service. Enjoyed the lamb chops and wedge salad.Special Features:
- Enjoyed the Ivy.FoodHoundDined on 10/16/2014Nice bar. Decent reasonably priced wine list. Great food and attentive service. Price point is right. Very nice room. I will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful LunchironladyDined on 10/13/2014I treated a friend to lunch for her birthday - I have been here before, but she hadn't - we had a wonderful visit and a delicious lunch.Special Features:
- Always greatrunnerDined on 10/11/2014I love Ivy. The ambiance is wonderful, very warm and inviting. The food is wonderful as well. I always enjoy my meal. The waitstaff is friendly, helpful and professional. I highly recommend the Ivy for any occasion. I have dined here for brunch, lunch, dinner, as a guest for a baby shower and hosted a large party here. I always look forward to going to Ivy and always leave happy.Special Features:
- Fresh fishBigT53VIPDined on 10/11/2014The fish my wife had was very good, however my Walley was not as fresh. The coating was to heavy and it tasted rather fishy. I don't know why we can't get good fresh fish in Wheaton and Glen Ellyn. The wines were good and desert was equally as tasty. I forgot to mention the house salad. It was very fresh with a nicely blended balsamic dressing. Our next visit may be for a piece of red meat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwfulOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/11/2014Service and wine were good. App, main courses and dessert were just awful. Calamari was greasy and salty, scallops were tough and salty, chicken park was tough and not good quality with paste-like sauce… and room temperature. I couldn't even finish it. Creme Brule is my favorite -- this was very cold, thick custard. It was our wedding anniversary and we wanted to try something new (outside of Naperville)… really dampened the night. We filled up the bread.
- Fantastic mealLVFoodieDined on 10/7/2014Everyone in my party loved the food, service, and ambiance at Ivy. The bruschetta was the best I've personally ever eaten. The salads all of us ordered were just amazing too. I'll definitely be back the next time I am in the area.Special Features:
- good atmosphere, average foodfunwithfriendsDined on 10/4/2014Very interesting and welcoming atmosphere. Food for large group was just OK. Filet mignon was very good, talapia was mushy and overpowered by the crabmeat. Service was good, but they kept pushing the strip steak (only 3 left!). Steak was not good. Would not go back with a large group. Would check out the bar.
- Never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/4/2014Ivy was a terrific place, once again. It's the go to place in Wheaton. I had the pork shank which was fab and wife had tilapia over a dinner salad --also excellent. You have to try the shank--melts in your mouth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014We moved to the area 6 months ago and have been trying a number of restaurants in Wheaton and Winfield but Ivy is our hands down favorite. The food was amazing, we had the beet salad starter, I had the beef tenderloin salad and my husband had the truffle burger. All was delicious. It was my husbands birthday so they treated us with a dessert, crème brulee which was also mouth watering. The inside of the restaurant is beautiful and the service was friendly and fast. Our servers name was Chelsea and she was very sweet and informative.Special Features:
- wonderful spot for dinnerPammieDined on 9/26/2014the most amazing dinner we've had in the area. The food was outstanding. My husband had the Octoberfest dinner with Pork Schnitzel, bratwurst, and trimmings. both meats were very, very tender and good. I had the Lobster/shrimp pappredelle. I've had this at other restaurants, but at Ivy you could actually see the lobster and there were lots of shrimp. Wine selection was okay. The only complaint we had was the noise level, but most popular restaurants seem to have this level. We loved going to Ivy and will return many timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I don't get itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014I saw lots of reviews that spoke highly of this place, so I planned my birthday dinner there. I've never dined there before, but to say I was unimpressed was an understatement. We ate early at 5:00 p.m. I'm not sure if our server was an actual server or a hostess, but she wasn't dressed like the rest of the waitstaff. She was surly at best...and not really very interested in waiting on us. There was 4 tables in the place, so it was quiet. Our appetizer was just ok. Then dinner came out. I had the great lakes perch...it was just ok. The fish was a bit cold, but the sauce on it was hot. I sent my potatoes back as they were only room temperature. Dessert sounded really great in writing, but was boring and bland.
- DisappointedGeegee1Dined on 9/20/2014I requested a booth on the Open Table website, and even confirmed it with the woman who called me to confirm my reservation that day. When we arrived there were booths available, and she told us we had not requested one and refused to seat us there...not quality client service! I love this restaurant and eat here at least once every week.....she should be more responsive to regular clients!I would recommend this to a friend.
- singer was horriblekarbearDined on 9/19/2014Food was great and service was impeccable. Problem was the band. They started at 7 pm and the singer screamed. We couldn't even have a conversation. It was abnoxious. Recommend saving that scene for the late crowd. KarbearSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not bad but not greatilsognoVIPDined on 9/19/2014The building is spectacular, the service was decent and the food was, quite frankly, bland. We ordered what should have been some of the house specialties including Filet Mignon and a special offering of Prime Rib. Each came well presented but fell below our expectations of top shelf flavor. I would also recommend that staff group training be held prior to customer seatings. I was nearly qualified to work there before my waitress showed up to the table to take our drink orders. That combined with the natural acoustics of a former church made the ambiance of this beautiful facility a bit like a concert hall without the music though similar in volume. We will give it another shot with hopes of a stronger recommendation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner Sept. 16runnerDined on 9/15/2014This restaurant among our favorites: the food is excellent and the service efficient and friendly. The restaurant is tastefully decorated and evocative of the sea on.Special Features:
- Food good but service was rushedohdratDined on 9/13/2014My husband and I celebrated my birthday there. The host was delightful. The server was a little strange, did not have a handle on the specials and rushed us through the meal. We shared mussels and each had lamb chops as an entree. Both were excellent as was the wine. Bread pudding was just OK and coffee was good but I do not believe that it was decaf as ordered. Next time we would order our appetizer, eat it and then place order for entrees. This would prevent being rushed through our meal. Had we had more time we would have ordered a third glass of wine. As it was, what we had with our appetizer really did not complement the lamb.Special Features:
- Excellent as everGeegee1Dined on 9/13/2014I just moved from Maine to Wheaton in August, and have dined at Ivy 7 times! I think it is the very best restaurant in town, but more importantly, stacks up against any restaurant in downtown Chicago. So nice to have such a fabulous restaurant in the neighborhood!Special Features:
- Dinner GREAT, Service/Dessert - okOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Dinner was great! Service was okay, nothing bad. Our silverware was taken away after our appetizer, but no one brought us a replacement. We asked for another set and the waitress completely forgot, we ended up asking the bus boy. We ordered the sampler for dessert, which was ok, but nothing tasted fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NiceEddieDined on 9/12/2014The restaurant is beautiful, the service was quick and friendly and the food was excellent. The food portion was just right and the menu includes specials and plenty to chose from. No regrets in recommending this restaurant to any one.Special Features:
- dinerVIPDined on 9/11/2014Always a favorite when in Wheaton. Did not disappoint.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as UsualTerpVIPDined on 9/11/2014Excellent as usual.....a gem in downtown Wheaton....food, ambiance, service - all outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.