120 N Hale
Wheaton, IL 60187Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ivyofwheaton.com/
- Phone: 6306652489x
- Hours of Operation:
Due to changing weather conditions, hours of operation are subject to change, please call ahead if weather is severe.
Lunch: Everyday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Brunch on Sunday from 11:00 A.M. until 2:00 P.M.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Chef Joe Pascolla
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: The Chefs room at Ivy accomodates up to 20 people. A Larger room accomodates up to 50 people. For private rooms contact the restaurant directly.
- Private Party Contact: Betsy DeHaven x
- Entertainment: Live music on the patio every Wed and Fri
- Special Events: Private rooms for parties of 8 or more (inquire with restaraunt at 630-665-2489)
A word from IVY
Great appetizers such as black pepper shrimp, pastas, steaks, chops and seafood cover just about everyone's dining wants and desires. Along with our main floor seating we offer two distinctive rooms seating up to 50 guests that can accommodate just about any event from wedding rehearsal dinners to graduations. Our French doors spill out onto our beautiful ivy covered patio, perfect for listening to live music in the evenings or meeting up with friends for a quiet lunch. Ivy can just about compliment any event.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
IVY reviews from OpenTable diners
154 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (93)special occasion (91)neighborhood gem (90)romantic (71)fit for foodies (57)good for groups (48)great for lunch (41)notable wine list (36)vibrant bar scene (17)hot spot (15)great for brunch (11)kid-friendly (10)late-night find (5)scenic view (5)Show More
- We Love IVY!!!NancyjeanDined on 10/18/2014We have eaten at IVY many times, but this time we brought friends who had not been to IVY. They thoroughly enjoyed it. We all had a different entrée, and all 4 were very good. 2 of us had fish, salmon and walleye. The guys had steak and the pork chop. We shared the mussels to start and they were excellent! The fall décor is nice too. We will be back!Special Features:
- CSO2Dined on 10/17/2014Excellent food and service. Enjoyed the lamb chops and wedge salad.Special Features:
- Enjoyed the Ivy.FoodHoundDined on 10/16/2014Nice bar. Decent reasonably priced wine list. Great food and attentive service. Price point is right. Very nice room. I will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful LunchironladyDined on 10/13/2014I treated a friend to lunch for her birthday - I have been here before, but she hadn't - we had a wonderful visit and a delicious lunch.Special Features:
- Always greatrunnerDined on 10/11/2014I love Ivy. The ambiance is wonderful, very warm and inviting. The food is wonderful as well. I always enjoy my meal. The waitstaff is friendly, helpful and professional. I highly recommend the Ivy for any occasion. I have dined here for brunch, lunch, dinner, as a guest for a baby shower and hosted a large party here. I always look forward to going to Ivy and always leave happy.Special Features:
- Fresh fishBigT53VIPDined on 10/11/2014The fish my wife had was very good, however my Walley was not as fresh. The coating was to heavy and it tasted rather fishy. I don't know why we can't get good fresh fish in Wheaton and Glen Ellyn. The wines were good and desert was equally as tasty. I forgot to mention the house salad. It was very fresh with a nicely blended balsamic dressing. Our next visit may be for a piece of red meat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwfulOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/11/2014Service and wine were good. App, main courses and dessert were just awful. Calamari was greasy and salty, scallops were tough and salty, chicken park was tough and not good quality with paste-like sauce… and room temperature. I couldn't even finish it. Creme Brule is my favorite -- this was very cold, thick custard. It was our wedding anniversary and we wanted to try something new (outside of Naperville)… really dampened the night. We filled up the bread.
- Fantastic mealLVFoodieDined on 10/7/2014Everyone in my party loved the food, service, and ambiance at Ivy. The bruschetta was the best I've personally ever eaten. The salads all of us ordered were just amazing too. I'll definitely be back the next time I am in the area.Special Features:
- good atmosphere, average foodfunwithfriendsDined on 10/4/2014Very interesting and welcoming atmosphere. Food for large group was just OK. Filet mignon was very good, talapia was mushy and overpowered by the crabmeat. Service was good, but they kept pushing the strip steak (only 3 left!). Steak was not good. Would not go back with a large group. Would check out the bar.
- Never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/4/2014Ivy was a terrific place, once again. It's the go to place in Wheaton. I had the pork shank which was fab and wife had tilapia over a dinner salad --also excellent. You have to try the shank--melts in your mouth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014We moved to the area 6 months ago and have been trying a number of restaurants in Wheaton and Winfield but Ivy is our hands down favorite. The food was amazing, we had the beet salad starter, I had the beef tenderloin salad and my husband had the truffle burger. All was delicious. It was my husbands birthday so they treated us with a dessert, crème brulee which was also mouth watering. The inside of the restaurant is beautiful and the service was friendly and fast. Our servers name was Chelsea and she was very sweet and informative.Special Features:
- wonderful spot for dinnerPammieDined on 9/26/2014the most amazing dinner we've had in the area. The food was outstanding. My husband had the Octoberfest dinner with Pork Schnitzel, bratwurst, and trimmings. both meats were very, very tender and good. I had the Lobster/shrimp pappredelle. I've had this at other restaurants, but at Ivy you could actually see the lobster and there were lots of shrimp. Wine selection was okay. The only complaint we had was the noise level, but most popular restaurants seem to have this level. We loved going to Ivy and will return many timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I don't get itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014I saw lots of reviews that spoke highly of this place, so I planned my birthday dinner there. I've never dined there before, but to say I was unimpressed was an understatement. We ate early at 5:00 p.m. I'm not sure if our server was an actual server or a hostess, but she wasn't dressed like the rest of the waitstaff. She was surly at best...and not really very interested in waiting on us. There was 4 tables in the place, so it was quiet. Our appetizer was just ok. Then dinner came out. I had the great lakes perch...it was just ok. The fish was a bit cold, but the sauce on it was hot. I sent my potatoes back as they were only room temperature. Dessert sounded really great in writing, but was boring and bland.
- DisappointedGeegee1Dined on 9/20/2014I requested a booth on the Open Table website, and even confirmed it with the woman who called me to confirm my reservation that day. When we arrived there were booths available, and she told us we had not requested one and refused to seat us there...not quality client service! I love this restaurant and eat here at least once every week.....she should be more responsive to regular clients!I would recommend this to a friend.
- singer was horriblekarbearDined on 9/19/2014Food was great and service was impeccable. Problem was the band. They started at 7 pm and the singer screamed. We couldn't even have a conversation. It was abnoxious. Recommend saving that scene for the late crowd. KarbearSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not bad but not greatilsognoDined on 9/19/2014The building is spectacular, the service was decent and the food was, quite frankly, bland. We ordered what should have been some of the house specialties including Filet Mignon and a special offering of Prime Rib. Each came well presented but fell below our expectations of top shelf flavor. I would also recommend that staff group training be held prior to customer seatings. I was nearly qualified to work there before my waitress showed up to the table to take our drink orders. That combined with the natural acoustics of a former church made the ambiance of this beautiful facility a bit like a concert hall without the music though similar in volume. We will give it another shot with hopes of a stronger recommendation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner Sept. 16runnerDined on 9/15/2014This restaurant among our favorites: the food is excellent and the service efficient and friendly. The restaurant is tastefully decorated and evocative of the sea on.Special Features:
- Food good but service was rushedohdratDined on 9/13/2014My husband and I celebrated my birthday there. The host was delightful. The server was a little strange, did not have a handle on the specials and rushed us through the meal. We shared mussels and each had lamb chops as an entree. Both were excellent as was the wine. Bread pudding was just OK and coffee was good but I do not believe that it was decaf as ordered. Next time we would order our appetizer, eat it and then place order for entrees. This would prevent being rushed through our meal. Had we had more time we would have ordered a third glass of wine. As it was, what we had with our appetizer really did not complement the lamb.Special Features:
- Excellent as everGeegee1Dined on 9/13/2014I just moved from Maine to Wheaton in August, and have dined at Ivy 7 times! I think it is the very best restaurant in town, but more importantly, stacks up against any restaurant in downtown Chicago. So nice to have such a fabulous restaurant in the neighborhood!Special Features:
- Dinner GREAT, Service/Dessert - okOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Dinner was great! Service was okay, nothing bad. Our silverware was taken away after our appetizer, but no one brought us a replacement. We asked for another set and the waitress completely forgot, we ended up asking the bus boy. We ordered the sampler for dessert, which was ok, but nothing tasted fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NiceEddieDined on 9/12/2014The restaurant is beautiful, the service was quick and friendly and the food was excellent. The food portion was just right and the menu includes specials and plenty to chose from. No regrets in recommending this restaurant to any one.Special Features:
- dinerVIPDined on 9/11/2014Always a favorite when in Wheaton. Did not disappoint.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as UsualTerpDined on 9/11/2014Excellent as usual.....a gem in downtown Wheaton....food, ambiance, service - all outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Heard it was great...was it ?Attila4HunDined on 9/6/2014Very busy but seated right away as a result of my reservation for 4 on Saturday night. Even with the big crowd, the service by Illiana and other staff members were excellent. Took my own personal tour of the place after dinner....was greeted by Dick O'Gorman as I came down the stairs...he offered to answer any questions and gave us the history lesson...a fine lad with great people skills. We talked a little about a group event in the near future. I like it a lot and so did my guests. Double discount on return. New Wheaton 121 resident.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great dining experienceNancyjeanDined on 9/5/2014We have eaten at Ivy several times now for lunch and dinner. We are never disappointed! My parents dined with us on Friday and both had the Parmesean crusted salmon. My mom said it was the best salmon she has ever eaten. Our waitress was very nice and attentive, but not hanging around constantly. One of the nicest things Ivy does is have small dessert options. Sometimes after having a nice dinner you don't want a huge/heavy dessert. Ivy offers a nice small dessert taste or a one scoop Gelato or Sorbet. I really like that. The entree' courses are very good also. IVY is one of our go to dinner places for a nice evening out.Special Features:
- superb service makes a differencemaestroDined on 9/5/2014Dining at Ivy is always a pleasure, with a varied menu that offers something for everyone. But the service is the best. We were a bit pressed for time on this particular visit, and the service was so extraordinarily prompt that we got out much earlier than expected.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/31/2014We enjoy dining each and every time we frequent IVY. The outdoor patio is relaxing and inviting. We consider it one of the best in the Chicago suburban area. The indoor experience is unique and especially cozy and welcoming during the winter holiday season. The specialty drink list is extraordinary and the food menu appeals to a variety of tastes. IVY is moderately priced and affordable. It is a neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- A little disappointedKarenVIPDined on 8/30/2014I was a bit disappointed. I ordered crab legs, I asked our server is they are Alaskan King Crab Legs, and she said yes. Well, they weren't King Crab Legs, and oh what a mess getting the crab out. They were overlooked so the shells were to soft to crack and the utensil to open them didn't work much better. I told our server that they were not King Crab and her committ was, they told me they were and the overlooked committ was, she was sorry. By the time I got my crab out of the shells I needed and shower and my potatoes and vegtable was to cold to eat. A table next to us had the same complaint of over cooking them and the manager removed them and brought her a new plate of them and I watched her crack them. By then I was done with my meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1-Year Together AnniversaryIvyFanDined on 8/27/2014My girlfriend for 1-year and I went back here to the place we had our first date. Casey, our waiter, and the hostess just took excellent care of us and even made sure we were seated right away on the patio after dinner to listen to live music and have a drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with FriendsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/23/2014Our evening was interesting! My husband & I ordered steak which came with Asparagus & mash potatoes. We both substituted the mash potatoes for the house potatoes. We love asparagus...to our surprise only (3) little, skinny asparagus came with the meal and we got mash potatoes, in lieu of the house potatoes we ordered. We did get a side of house potatoes....on the house! As we are all eating, all of a sudden, our friend jumps out from him chair...one of the waitresses carrying a tray back to the kitchen whipped around and spilled water on his back and kept on going. We called our waiter to let him know and maybe have personnel be more careful when going back to the kitchen. Our friend got his dessert on the house for the inconvenience.Special Features:
- Reservations not honoredemnorDined on 8/22/2014We dine at Ivy at least a few times a year, and we'll continue to dine there. The atmosphere is nice, food is good and we've never had issues with the service. Last time, however, we were told that there were 4 other couples ahead of us for the same time reservation. My question is: what's the point of a reservation?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great out door diningOperaFanVIPDined on 8/22/2014Ivy has great food and a lovely outdoor setting for dining. Love the place. Likely will see owner working his way around to talk to guests.Special Features:
- Always consistentmlpk625Dined on 8/22/2014Best appetizers around Wheaton! Wonderful food and good wine list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ivy reviewLuv2dineVIPDined on 8/16/2014What a discovery!! I googled best outdoor patio and IVY came up as number one! Not only is the ambience the most gorgeous ever, but the food is to die for! Tasty different and unique and delicious! The owners and the staff were extremely welcoming outgoing and friendly and most accommodating! Going back in six days!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eatBdayDinner1Dined on 8/16/2014My husband and I took our mother-in-law to Ivy's for her 71st birthday and enjoyed the experience a lot. The staff was friendly and professional and there were all types of diners there - from small families to friends having dinner to a party group upstairs - all dressed from very casual to elegant. The menu was fantastic and the food exceeded our expectations. The noise got to be a little too much but it wasn't horrible.Special Features:
- Always goodMarcGDined on 8/16/2014This was my second visit to Ivy. The first time we sat outside, and this time inside. Both options are terrific. Food is outstanding. Beer and wine list is very good as well. Something on the menu for everyone. I had the 10 oz. Filet. One of the best I've ever had. Ask to substitute the crispy tomatoes instead of the house vegetable if your dish doesn't come with it. They are unique and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Al fresco dining with live musicMJPriceDined on 8/13/2014Took my wife for a nice date night dinner. Sat out on the outdoor patio which featured a live swing band. We arrived a bit earlier than our reservation. They we waited a bit at the bar with a glass of wine. Once seated our server promptly acknowledged us. She recommended the special, and was very knowledgeable of the menu. Our food was delivered timely and at good temp. We were never rushed and felt very welcome here. We will be back many times!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely Coming Back Soon!DateNightDinerDined on 8/9/2014We had the pineapple shrimp and brie appetizers as well as the beef tournadoes- all of it absolutely delicious! We enjoyed it so much we already picked out what we're having next visit! We were there at 8:30 pm on a Saturday and there were plenty of tables available inside, great date night option!Special Features:
- Marginal VisitFrequentDinerDined on 8/9/2014One of the featured specials, lobster pasta, ended up being served as a pasta made with small shrimp. It was nothing special. For two others at our table, the tournedos of beef were served cold as were the sides, mashed potatoes and asparagus (which was tough). A fine-crafted beer was delivered at the table without a glass, and a second beer serving was never served with a fresh glass. Our server seemed busy serving people on the patio and forgot about us. She was very attractive, but not at all attentive or interested in us. We consistently have excellent food and service at neighboring Adelle's in Wheaton. On our third visit to Ivy, we were quite disappointed.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/8/2014Drinks, food and service are mediocre in all respects. It is suitable for a business event such as a sales force reward dinner --- a banquet with lots of alcohol that is paid for by somebody else.Special Features: