120 N Hale
Wheaton, IL 60187Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ivyofwheaton.com/
- Phone: 6306652489x
- Hours of Operation:
Due to changing weather conditions, hours of operation are subject to change, please call ahead if weather is severe.
Lunch: Everyday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Brunch on Sunday from 11:00 A.M. until 2:00 P.M.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Chef Joe Pascolla
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: The Chefs room at Ivy accomodates up to 20 people. A Larger room accomodates up to 50 people. For private rooms contact the restaurant directly.
- Private Party Contact: Betsy DeHaven x
- Entertainment: Live music on the patio every Wed and Fri
- Special Events: Private rooms for parties of 8 or more (inquire with restaraunt at 630-665-2489)
A word from IVY
Great appetizers such as black pepper shrimp, pastas, steaks, chops and seafood cover just about everyone's dining wants and desires. Along with our main floor seating we offer two distinctive rooms seating up to 50 guests that can accommodate just about any event from wedding rehearsal dinners to graduations. Our French doors spill out onto our beautiful ivy covered patio, perfect for listening to live music in the evenings or meeting up with friends for a quiet lunch. Ivy can just about compliment any event.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
IVY reviews from OpenTable diners
172 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (117)special occasion (105)neighborhood gem (100)romantic (82)fit for foodies (57)great for lunch (53)good for groups (49)notable wine list (38)vibrant bar scene (19)hot spot (17)great for brunch (14)kid-friendly (10)late-night find (8)scenic view (6)Show More
- singer was horribleOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/19/2014Food was great and service was impeccable. Problem was the band. They started at 7 pm and the singer screamed. We couldn't even have a conversation. It was abnoxious. Recommend saving that scene for the late crowd. KarbearSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner Sept. 16runnerDined on 9/15/2014This restaurant among our favorites: the food is excellent and the service efficient and friendly. The restaurant is tastefully decorated and evocative of the sea on.Special Features:
- Food good but service was rushedohdratDined on 9/13/2014My husband and I celebrated my birthday there. The host was delightful. The server was a little strange, did not have a handle on the specials and rushed us through the meal. We shared mussels and each had lamb chops as an entree. Both were excellent as was the wine. Bread pudding was just OK and coffee was good but I do not believe that it was decaf as ordered. Next time we would order our appetizer, eat it and then place order for entrees. This would prevent being rushed through our meal. Had we had more time we would have ordered a third glass of wine. As it was, what we had with our appetizer really did not complement the lamb.Special Features:
- Excellent as everGeegee1Dined on 9/13/2014I just moved from Maine to Wheaton in August, and have dined at Ivy 7 times! I think it is the very best restaurant in town, but more importantly, stacks up against any restaurant in downtown Chicago. So nice to have such a fabulous restaurant in the neighborhood!Special Features:
- Dinner GREAT, Service/Dessert - okOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Dinner was great! Service was okay, nothing bad. Our silverware was taken away after our appetizer, but no one brought us a replacement. We asked for another set and the waitress completely forgot, we ended up asking the bus boy. We ordered the sampler for dessert, which was ok, but nothing tasted fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NiceEddieDined on 9/12/2014The restaurant is beautiful, the service was quick and friendly and the food was excellent. The food portion was just right and the menu includes specials and plenty to chose from. No regrets in recommending this restaurant to any one.Special Features:
- dinerVIPDined on 9/11/2014Always a favorite when in Wheaton. Did not disappoint.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as UsualTerpDined on 9/11/2014Excellent as usual.....a gem in downtown Wheaton....food, ambiance, service - all outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Heard it was great...was it ?Attila4HunDined on 9/6/2014Very busy but seated right away as a result of my reservation for 4 on Saturday night. Even with the big crowd, the service by Illiana and other staff members were excellent. Took my own personal tour of the place after dinner....was greeted by Dick O'Gorman as I came down the stairs...he offered to answer any questions and gave us the history lesson...a fine lad with great people skills. We talked a little about a group event in the near future. I like it a lot and so did my guests. Double discount on return. New Wheaton 121 resident.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great dining experienceNancyjeanDined on 9/5/2014We have eaten at Ivy several times now for lunch and dinner. We are never disappointed! My parents dined with us on Friday and both had the Parmesean crusted salmon. My mom said it was the best salmon she has ever eaten. Our waitress was very nice and attentive, but not hanging around constantly. One of the nicest things Ivy does is have small dessert options. Sometimes after having a nice dinner you don't want a huge/heavy dessert. Ivy offers a nice small dessert taste or a one scoop Gelato or Sorbet. I really like that. The entree' courses are very good also. IVY is one of our go to dinner places for a nice evening out.Special Features:
- superb service makes a differencemaestroDined on 9/5/2014Dining at Ivy is always a pleasure, with a varied menu that offers something for everyone. But the service is the best. We were a bit pressed for time on this particular visit, and the service was so extraordinarily prompt that we got out much earlier than expected.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/31/2014We enjoy dining each and every time we frequent IVY. The outdoor patio is relaxing and inviting. We consider it one of the best in the Chicago suburban area. The indoor experience is unique and especially cozy and welcoming during the winter holiday season. The specialty drink list is extraordinary and the food menu appeals to a variety of tastes. IVY is moderately priced and affordable. It is a neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- A little disappointedKarenVIPDined on 8/30/2014I was a bit disappointed. I ordered crab legs, I asked our server is they are Alaskan King Crab Legs, and she said yes. Well, they weren't King Crab Legs, and oh what a mess getting the crab out. They were overlooked so the shells were to soft to crack and the utensil to open them didn't work much better. I told our server that they were not King Crab and her committ was, they told me they were and the overlooked committ was, she was sorry. By the time I got my crab out of the shells I needed and shower and my potatoes and vegtable was to cold to eat. A table next to us had the same complaint of over cooking them and the manager removed them and brought her a new plate of them and I watched her crack them. By then I was done with my meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1-Year Together AnniversaryIvyFanDined on 8/27/2014My girlfriend for 1-year and I went back here to the place we had our first date. Casey, our waiter, and the hostess just took excellent care of us and even made sure we were seated right away on the patio after dinner to listen to live music and have a drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with FriendsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/23/2014Our evening was interesting! My husband & I ordered steak which came with Asparagus & mash potatoes. We both substituted the mash potatoes for the house potatoes. We love asparagus...to our surprise only (3) little, skinny asparagus came with the meal and we got mash potatoes, in lieu of the house potatoes we ordered. We did get a side of house potatoes....on the house! As we are all eating, all of a sudden, our friend jumps out from him chair...one of the waitresses carrying a tray back to the kitchen whipped around and spilled water on his back and kept on going. We called our waiter to let him know and maybe have personnel be more careful when going back to the kitchen. Our friend got his dessert on the house for the inconvenience.Special Features:
- Reservations not honoredemnorDined on 8/22/2014We dine at Ivy at least a few times a year, and we'll continue to dine there. The atmosphere is nice, food is good and we've never had issues with the service. Last time, however, we were told that there were 4 other couples ahead of us for the same time reservation. My question is: what's the point of a reservation?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great out door diningOperaFanDined on 8/22/2014Ivy has great food and a lovely outdoor setting for dining. Love the place. Likely will see owner working his way around to talk to guests.Special Features:
- Always consistentmlpk625Dined on 8/22/2014Best appetizers around Wheaton! Wonderful food and good wine list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ivy reviewLuv2dineVIPDined on 8/16/2014What a discovery!! I googled best outdoor patio and IVY came up as number one! Not only is the ambience the most gorgeous ever, but the food is to die for! Tasty different and unique and delicious! The owners and the staff were extremely welcoming outgoing and friendly and most accommodating! Going back in six days!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eatBdayDinner1Dined on 8/16/2014My husband and I took our mother-in-law to Ivy's for her 71st birthday and enjoyed the experience a lot. The staff was friendly and professional and there were all types of diners there - from small families to friends having dinner to a party group upstairs - all dressed from very casual to elegant. The menu was fantastic and the food exceeded our expectations. The noise got to be a little too much but it wasn't horrible.Special Features:
- Always goodMarcGDined on 8/16/2014This was my second visit to Ivy. The first time we sat outside, and this time inside. Both options are terrific. Food is outstanding. Beer and wine list is very good as well. Something on the menu for everyone. I had the 10 oz. Filet. One of the best I've ever had. Ask to substitute the crispy tomatoes instead of the house vegetable if your dish doesn't come with it. They are unique and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Al fresco dining with live musicMJPriceDined on 8/13/2014Took my wife for a nice date night dinner. Sat out on the outdoor patio which featured a live swing band. We arrived a bit earlier than our reservation. They we waited a bit at the bar with a glass of wine. Once seated our server promptly acknowledged us. She recommended the special, and was very knowledgeable of the menu. Our food was delivered timely and at good temp. We were never rushed and felt very welcome here. We will be back many times!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely Coming Back Soon!DateNightDinerDined on 8/9/2014We had the pineapple shrimp and brie appetizers as well as the beef tournadoes- all of it absolutely delicious! We enjoyed it so much we already picked out what we're having next visit! We were there at 8:30 pm on a Saturday and there were plenty of tables available inside, great date night option!Special Features:
- Marginal VisitFrequentDinerDined on 8/9/2014One of the featured specials, lobster pasta, ended up being served as a pasta made with small shrimp. It was nothing special. For two others at our table, the tournedos of beef were served cold as were the sides, mashed potatoes and asparagus (which was tough). A fine-crafted beer was delivered at the table without a glass, and a second beer serving was never served with a fresh glass. Our server seemed busy serving people on the patio and forgot about us. She was very attractive, but not at all attentive or interested in us. We consistently have excellent food and service at neighboring Adelle's in Wheaton. On our third visit to Ivy, we were quite disappointed.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/8/2014Drinks, food and service are mediocre in all respects. It is suitable for a business event such as a sales force reward dinner --- a banquet with lots of alcohol that is paid for by somebody else.Special Features:
- Great Lunch SpotNancyjeanDined on 8/1/2014We have been to Ivy several times for dinner but never for lunch. Our experience was just as good! The lunch menu is really diverse for any craving, and the food is always good. Our waiter was very nice, but I'm not sure he gave us his name or I would mention it as he was very friendly and nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great outdoor ambienceAquariusDined on 7/28/2014Took family from out-of-town here, and was not disappointed. Great service and perfect evening seated in the small but comfortable outdoor area made us want to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ivy exists outside of WrigleyvilleDineOutOftenDined on 7/25/2014I was looking for a restaurant to take my wife tofor a special occassion. I found IVY online. The online pictures looked impressive so I made a reservation. Well, the pics online do NOT do justice to the interior decor nor the Ivy Garden. The ambiance, in and out, is stunning. The servers are coutesous, prompt and knowledgeable I had Tilapia w-crab meatand my wife had the meat loaf. Both disheswerewonderful. We eat out often so we have much to compare to and werewere very impressed. The owner stopped by everyone's table to chat. He stopped by our table and endured the many questions I had about the architecture and decor. I cannot repeat it enough, the design is remarkable. Do yourself a favor, GO!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- appetizersjojoDined on 7/25/2014Appetizers actually come out before we received our wine-felt like we were being rushed. Waitress did not come around very often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TomMVIPDined on 7/24/2014Always a great time. Food is great no matter what you order. The owner, Dick, is great at keeping up the customer contact.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THE BESTchibobVIPDined on 7/24/2014Yes, IVY simply the best restaurant in Wheaton probably in DuPage Cty ! It is a must try!!!!Special Features:
- Great food, excellent atmosphereLucasDined on 7/23/2014The food was stellar, and we have always had great service.Special Features:
- Ivy is the best!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014Ivy has become one of my favorite "go to restaurants" in the western suburbs. The food is excellent, service is always friendly and appropriate. Atmosphere is very pleasant and comfortable.....perfect for lunch or dinner with friends or family. Wines are affordable, as are food items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Time.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/20/2014I had a great time at the here. The food was good, and more importantly it came out quickly. The Appetizers were especially good. I would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Patio Dining at its BestChitowngirlDined on 7/20/2014Great outdoor patio. Food was just OK - steak was well done and didn't seem like good quality. Halibut special overcooked as well. Flavors were good, desserts just "OK". Will go back and hope for better food.Special Features:
- Ivy ReviewLove2eatDined on 7/19/2014We had a great dinner and great service. We will differently go back. I had the Salmon Salad ,and the greens,as well as the Salmon was very fresh .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent...highly recommend!fanofivysDined on 7/18/2014Our waitress was great, helping one guest with a great wine selection. The lobster pappardelle was incredible. There is a lovely outdoor area. The owner came to our table and chatted with us too. I would definitely recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great to be outside with music, butDFIDinerVIPDined on 7/18/2014band is too loud. Very good, but loud. Food was good as was service. We'll be back.
- Patio ExperienceGYIIIVIPDined on 7/16/2014While I normally prefer the indoor dining room (becasue it is so nice), we had an excellent business lunch on the patio. Food, Service and wonderful weather all contributed to a delightful experience. Prices are reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Happy Birthday CelebrationBirthdayboy07Dined on 7/11/2014Went to Ivy to celebrate my birthday. We were seated immediately, an enjoyed a very good cocktail before dinner. Our waitress was extremely helpful with service throughout the entire meal. Had the almond crusted Brie for an appetizer - and it was delicious with the toasted artesian bread and blueberries. I would go back to Ivy for this alone! Also, had the Maryland crab cakes for an appetizer. A little on the small side and not crusted enough for me but still good tasting with the horseradish sauce. Wanted to eat light that night so it was Ivy's Summer salad for an entrée - fresh and very good tasting. Key Lime pie and coffee finished off the meal - pie should be in slice form and not a dish. Noise level was high only major complaint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.