120 N Hale
Wheaton, IL 60187Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ivyofwheaton.com/
- Phone: 6306652489x
- Hours of Operation:
Due to changing weather conditions, hours of operation are subject to change, please call ahead if weather is severe.
Lunch: Everyday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Brunch on Sunday from 11:00 A.M. until 2:00 P.M.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Chef Joe Pascolla
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: The Chefs room at Ivy accomodates up to 20 people. A Larger room accomodates up to 50 people. For private rooms contact the restaurant directly.
- Private Party Contact: Betsy DeHaven x
- Entertainment: Live music on the patio every Wed and Fri
- Special Events: Private rooms for parties of 8 or more (inquire with restaraunt at 630-665-2489)
A word from IVY
Great appetizers such as black pepper shrimp, pastas, steaks, chops and seafood cover just about everyone's dining wants and desires. Along with our main floor seating we offer two distinctive rooms seating up to 50 guests that can accommodate just about any event from wedding rehearsal dinners to graduations. Our French doors spill out onto our beautiful ivy covered patio, perfect for listening to live music in the evenings or meeting up with friends for a quiet lunch. Ivy can just about compliment any event.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
IVY reviews from OpenTable diners
172 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (113)special occasion (107)neighborhood gem (96)romantic (81)fit for foodies (53)great for lunch (51)good for groups (44)notable wine list (33)vibrant bar scene (18)great for brunch (16)hot spot (13)late-night find (8)scenic view (7)kid-friendly (7)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/31/2014We enjoy dining each and every time we frequent IVY. The outdoor patio is relaxing and inviting. We consider it one of the best in the Chicago suburban area. The indoor experience is unique and especially cozy and welcoming during the winter holiday season. The specialty drink list is extraordinary and the food menu appeals to a variety of tastes. IVY is moderately priced and affordable. It is a neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- A little disappointedKarenDined on 8/30/2014I was a bit disappointed. I ordered crab legs, I asked our server is they are Alaskan King Crab Legs, and she said yes. Well, they weren't King Crab Legs, and oh what a mess getting the crab out. They were overlooked so the shells were to soft to crack and the utensil to open them didn't work much better. I told our server that they were not King Crab and her committ was, they told me they were and the overlooked committ was, she was sorry. By the time I got my crab out of the shells I needed and shower and my potatoes and vegtable was to cold to eat. A table next to us had the same complaint of over cooking them and the manager removed them and brought her a new plate of them and I watched her crack them. By then I was done with my meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1-Year Together AnniversaryIvyFanDined on 8/27/2014My girlfriend for 1-year and I went back here to the place we had our first date. Casey, our waiter, and the hostess just took excellent care of us and even made sure we were seated right away on the patio after dinner to listen to live music and have a drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with FriendsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/23/2014Our evening was interesting! My husband & I ordered steak which came with Asparagus & mash potatoes. We both substituted the mash potatoes for the house potatoes. We love asparagus...to our surprise only (3) little, skinny asparagus came with the meal and we got mash potatoes, in lieu of the house potatoes we ordered. We did get a side of house potatoes....on the house! As we are all eating, all of a sudden, our friend jumps out from him chair...one of the waitresses carrying a tray back to the kitchen whipped around and spilled water on his back and kept on going. We called our waiter to let him know and maybe have personnel be more careful when going back to the kitchen. Our friend got his dessert on the house for the inconvenience.Special Features:
- Reservations not honoredemnorDined on 8/22/2014We dine at Ivy at least a few times a year, and we'll continue to dine there. The atmosphere is nice, food is good and we've never had issues with the service. Last time, however, we were told that there were 4 other couples ahead of us for the same time reservation. My question is: what's the point of a reservation?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great out door diningOperaFanDined on 8/22/2014Ivy has great food and a lovely outdoor setting for dining. Love the place. Likely will see owner working his way around to talk to guests.Special Features:
- Ivy reviewLuv2dineVIPDined on 8/16/2014What a discovery!! I googled best outdoor patio and IVY came up as number one! Not only is the ambience the most gorgeous ever, but the food is to die for! Tasty different and unique and delicious! The owners and the staff were extremely welcoming outgoing and friendly and most accommodating! Going back in six days!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eatBdayDinner1Dined on 8/16/2014My husband and I took our mother-in-law to Ivy's for her 71st birthday and enjoyed the experience a lot. The staff was friendly and professional and there were all types of diners there - from small families to friends having dinner to a party group upstairs - all dressed from very casual to elegant. The menu was fantastic and the food exceeded our expectations. The noise got to be a little too much but it wasn't horrible.Special Features:
- Always goodMarcGDined on 8/16/2014This was my second visit to Ivy. The first time we sat outside, and this time inside. Both options are terrific. Food is outstanding. Beer and wine list is very good as well. Something on the menu for everyone. I had the 10 oz. Filet. One of the best I've ever had. Ask to substitute the crispy tomatoes instead of the house vegetable if your dish doesn't come with it. They are unique and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Al fresco dining with live musicMJPriceDined on 8/13/2014Took my wife for a nice date night dinner. Sat out on the outdoor patio which featured a live swing band. We arrived a bit earlier than our reservation. They we waited a bit at the bar with a glass of wine. Once seated our server promptly acknowledged us. She recommended the special, and was very knowledgeable of the menu. Our food was delivered timely and at good temp. We were never rushed and felt very welcome here. We will be back many times!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely Coming Back Soon!DateNightDinerDined on 8/9/2014We had the pineapple shrimp and brie appetizers as well as the beef tournadoes- all of it absolutely delicious! We enjoyed it so much we already picked out what we're having next visit! We were there at 8:30 pm on a Saturday and there were plenty of tables available inside, great date night option!Special Features:
- Marginal VisitFrequentDinerDined on 8/9/2014One of the featured specials, lobster pasta, ended up being served as a pasta made with small shrimp. It was nothing special. For two others at our table, the tournedos of beef were served cold as were the sides, mashed potatoes and asparagus (which was tough). A fine-crafted beer was delivered at the table without a glass, and a second beer serving was never served with a fresh glass. Our server seemed busy serving people on the patio and forgot about us. She was very attractive, but not at all attentive or interested in us. We consistently have excellent food and service at neighboring Adelle's in Wheaton. On our third visit to Ivy, we were quite disappointed.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/8/2014Drinks, food and service are mediocre in all respects. It is suitable for a business event such as a sales force reward dinner --- a banquet with lots of alcohol that is paid for by somebody else.Special Features:
- Great Lunch SpotNancyjeanDined on 8/1/2014We have been to Ivy several times for dinner but never for lunch. Our experience was just as good! The lunch menu is really diverse for any craving, and the food is always good. Our waiter was very nice, but I'm not sure he gave us his name or I would mention it as he was very friendly and nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great outdoor ambienceAquariusDined on 7/28/2014Took family from out-of-town here, and was not disappointed. Great service and perfect evening seated in the small but comfortable outdoor area made us want to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ivy exists outside of WrigleyvilleDineOutOftenDined on 7/25/2014I was looking for a restaurant to take my wife tofor a special occassion. I found IVY online. The online pictures looked impressive so I made a reservation. Well, the pics online do NOT do justice to the interior decor nor the Ivy Garden. The ambiance, in and out, is stunning. The servers are coutesous, prompt and knowledgeable I had Tilapia w-crab meatand my wife had the meat loaf. Both disheswerewonderful. We eat out often so we have much to compare to and werewere very impressed. The owner stopped by everyone's table to chat. He stopped by our table and endured the many questions I had about the architecture and decor. I cannot repeat it enough, the design is remarkable. Do yourself a favor, GO!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- appetizersjojoDined on 7/25/2014Appetizers actually come out before we received our wine-felt like we were being rushed. Waitress did not come around very often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TomMVIPDined on 7/24/2014Always a great time. Food is great no matter what you order. The owner, Dick, is great at keeping up the customer contact.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THE BESTchibobVIPDined on 7/24/2014Yes, IVY simply the best restaurant in Wheaton probably in DuPage Cty ! It is a must try!!!!Special Features:
- Great food, excellent atmosphereLucasDined on 7/23/2014The food was stellar, and we have always had great service.Special Features:
- Ivy is the best!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014Ivy has become one of my favorite "go to restaurants" in the western suburbs. The food is excellent, service is always friendly and appropriate. Atmosphere is very pleasant and comfortable.....perfect for lunch or dinner with friends or family. Wines are affordable, as are food items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Time.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/20/2014I had a great time at the here. The food was good, and more importantly it came out quickly. The Appetizers were especially good. I would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Patio Dining at its BestChitowngirlDined on 7/20/2014Great outdoor patio. Food was just OK - steak was well done and didn't seem like good quality. Halibut special overcooked as well. Flavors were good, desserts just "OK". Will go back and hope for better food.Special Features:
- Ivy ReviewLove2eatDined on 7/19/2014We had a great dinner and great service. We will differently go back. I had the Salmon Salad ,and the greens,as well as the Salmon was very fresh .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent...highly recommend!fanofivysDined on 7/18/2014Our waitress was great, helping one guest with a great wine selection. The lobster pappardelle was incredible. There is a lovely outdoor area. The owner came to our table and chatted with us too. I would definitely recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great to be outside with music, butDFIDinerVIPDined on 7/18/2014band is too loud. Very good, but loud. Food was good as was service. We'll be back.
- Patio ExperienceGYIIIVIPDined on 7/16/2014While I normally prefer the indoor dining room (becasue it is so nice), we had an excellent business lunch on the patio. Food, Service and wonderful weather all contributed to a delightful experience. Prices are reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Happy Birthday CelebrationBirthdayboy07Dined on 7/11/2014Went to Ivy to celebrate my birthday. We were seated immediately, an enjoyed a very good cocktail before dinner. Our waitress was extremely helpful with service throughout the entire meal. Had the almond crusted Brie for an appetizer - and it was delicious with the toasted artesian bread and blueberries. I would go back to Ivy for this alone! Also, had the Maryland crab cakes for an appetizer. A little on the small side and not crusted enough for me but still good tasting with the horseradish sauce. Wanted to eat light that night so it was Ivy's Summer salad for an entrée - fresh and very good tasting. Key Lime pie and coffee finished off the meal - pie should be in slice form and not a dish. Noise level was high only major complaint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Date night diningNancyjeanDined on 7/5/2014We really enjoyed our dinner Saturday night. The food was awesome, and the best thing is the miniatures for dessert. After dinner having a small dessert was really nice. Our waitress was great, too. We will definitely be back to the Ivy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ivy review581u812Dined on 7/3/2014All in all it was a nice dining experience. Most all food was very good. Calamari way over cooked and the deserts are a very weak point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/1/2014The main entree - beef and seafood - for both dinners were very good. The vegetables left a lot to be desired. It took 15 minutes to get the first round of drinks. It took lots of work to get the server to come back for drinks for the meal. The server was a bit harried and had to get another server to get our first and second drinks to our table. The setting is delightful, however the noise level was significant with lots of people close by at their tables.Special Features:
- Great LunchTeamBJVIPDined on 6/30/2014Had lunch with my husband, son and his girlfriend. Everyone enjoyed their food. It was quiet enough to talk and have a conversation. Our waitress was exceptional.Special Features:
- Nice ExperiencecstillwellDined on 6/29/2014My husband, son and I took my Mom who was visiting out of town at the Ivy. Even though they weren't busy at 6:30p.m., we were seated right by the kitchen. I should have said something, however, I didn't want to make a scene. The service and food was good. My son ordered the Petite Fillet, however, it was over cooked. He still ate it as the taste was good. My Mom got the ribs, husband the steak and I, the crab cakes. Everything was hot and seasoned well. My husband and I shared the beet salad which was beautiful and my Mom got the house salad which she enjoyed. We will be going back.Special Features:
- Anniversary specialOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/29/2014My wife and I dined here Sunday evening celebrating our anniversary. We were seated immediately and approached by our server shortly thereafter. Jason made sure we wanted for nothing (even made a special horseradish sauce I like with my steak) during our evening. While we didn't experience what the bar had to offer we did do appetizers, salads, our entrees and desserts. Each was the right temperature and as with the service, seemed to arrive at our table at just the right time. We found the check to be on par with our expectations and appreciated that the dining room was clean and seemed to be well maintained. Very much enjoyed looking at the stained glass and architecture of the space. First time dining at Ivy but it won't be our last.Special Features:
- Pretty goodFitfoodieDined on 6/27/2014Went to dinner. Food was pretty good, but not ridiculously so. Sat on the patio which was a lovely setting. There was live music, a bit loud for our taste, but that's just personal preference! Service was just ok, but they were crazy busy as it was Friday night. Overall, would be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely place for fine diningDogs34meDined on 6/27/2014Enjoyed very much THE IVY. The food was excellent, the service was extremely attentive. We sat on the patio (which was requested) but right next to the speaker for the outdoor entertainment that night. The singer was good - but it was very loud, and hard to talk with our company. That was distracting.Special Features:
- Visit with old friendsslybaconDined on 6/25/2014Ivy is always a reliable place for a great meal. Lamb Chop with gorgonzola were featured. Mine were cooked more like medium (rather than the medium rare I ordered), but were good just the same. Beet salad is terrific and the baked brie with arugula was very tasty.Special Features:
- patio at the IvyGlenellyneaterDined on 6/22/2014I met friends for dinner on the patio at the Ivy and it was delightful. Seating is first come first serve on the patio, but even if you don't sit outside you'll have a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service and food lackingfrequentdinerVIPDined on 6/21/2014Our server gave us incorrect info on menu items and never returned to see if we needed anything once meal was served. The gal who cleared our table during meal picked up dirty used forks then said we would need them for meal and put them back on table. No salutation was received on our way out--hostess looked like she wished she was anywhere else. Crab topped tilapia tasted extremely fishy and not fresh at all. Gelato was delivered half melted in the dish. Altogether poor service and tasteless meal. Won't go back.
- nancy28Dined on 6/21/2014We went to Ivy to celebrate our anniversary. It was a very nice, romantic, quiet atmosphere. The food portions weren't that big, but the food was delicious. The cocktails were priced a little high, but were good. Had a very nice night with my husband!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.